Author Topic: Diesel's Intro Page  (Read 17880 times)

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
Re: Diesel's Intro Page
« Reply #845 on: June 04, 2015, 11:14:00 AM »
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Tuco's
Quote from: razd611
Congrats on the 2 years!!!
Badass! Congrats on the past two years, AND your golf outing. All quit. No bullshit. The best.
Ceiling Unlimited! Nice work D!
Add a year for me big D. Happy 3 years. And thank you
Thanks fellas! And finally someone knows how to add. It's THREE years you no counting sons a bitches! HAHAAA.

Quit on...
Razd was a little off yesterday. Don't take it out on him! Diesel... thanks for all of your help in the early days of my quit!
Sheesh.

One, Two, Three, there I can count. Well Done D!!!
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #844 on: June 04, 2015, 09:53:00 AM »
Badass! Congrats on the past two years, AND your golf outing. All quit. No bullshit. The best.
Thanks fellas! And finally someone knows how to add. It's THREE years you no counting sons a bitches! HAHAAA.

Quit on...
Razd was a little off yesterday. Don't take it out on him! Diesel... thanks for all of your help in the early days of my quit!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline Sportsfan231

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #843 on: June 04, 2015, 09:47:00 AM »

Quit on...
congrats

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #842 on: June 03, 2015, 06:07:00 PM »

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #841 on: June 03, 2015, 06:05:00 PM »

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #840 on: June 03, 2015, 05:24:00 PM »

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #839 on: June 03, 2015, 04:50:00 PM »

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #838 on: June 03, 2015, 04:19:00 PM »
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #837 on: May 16, 2015, 10:55:00 PM »
Golf outing today. Could barely hear a thing on the first tee with all the can thwaping going on. Didn't bug me though.

Guy in my cart knew I had quit. He asked if it would bother me if he dipped. Lmao. I said, "dude, I don't give a shit. Dip away"...and he did the entire round. Didn't bug me though.

I told him 15 years was enough. He said "brother I got that doubled, I started in 1985." All the sudden another guy came running over to our cart, he said... "1985???? That's the year I started too, give me some!!!" Then they hi-fived. That bugged me.

He asked why I quit. I didn't want to be preachy or tell a long story so I simply said, "dude..I could barely feel my tongue anymore..." and he stopped me mid sentence. He said he fucking hated the shit and knew how bad it was for him. He said he tried to quit a million times, but just couldn't do it. It was like he had a brief moment of complete honesty and frustration. But then like all good addicts, he must have just said "fuck it" and let loose a long brown luggie. Didn't bug me though.

Nothing bugs me anymore when it comes to being around others dipping. Why? Because fuck them. I'm better than that. We all are.

Quit on...

Fuckin A Right Diesel. You are way beyond that stupid bullshit! Nice to hear from you. I quit with you EVERY day.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #836 on: May 16, 2015, 09:33:00 PM »
Golf outing today. Could barely hear a thing on the first tee with all the can thwaping going on. Didn't bug me though.

Guy in my cart knew I had quit. He asked if it would bother me if he dipped. Lmao. I said, "dude, I don't give a shit. Dip away"...and he did the entire round. Didn't bug me though.

I told him 15 years was enough. He said "brother I got that doubled, I started in 1985." All the sudden another guy came running over to our cart, he said... "1985???? That's the year I started too, give me some!!!" Then they hi-fived. That bugged me.

He asked why I quit. I didn't want to be preachy or tell a long story so I simply said, "dude..I could barely feel my tongue anymore..." and he stopped me mid sentence. He said he fucking hated the shit and knew how bad it was for him. He said he tried to quit a million times, but just couldn't do it. It was like he had a brief moment of complete honesty and frustration. But then like all good addicts, he must have just said "fuck it" and let loose a long brown luggie. Didn't bug me though.

Nothing bugs me anymore when it comes to being around others dipping. Why? Because fuck them. I'm better than that. We all are.

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #835 on: March 02, 2015, 09:36:00 AM »
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Thanks to those who took time to say congrats on my 1,000 days of quit. It means a lot and is greatly appreciated.

Beating this addiction is tough stuff, especially early on. When I think back I ask myself "why the fuck was it so hard???"

For me, it was hard because not only was I breaking free from the chains of addiction, I was also breaking thousands of bad habits that came along with the fucking addiction.

"Quitting chew" was a lot more than just no longer putting Kodiak in my lip, it was changing the entire way I lived. That seems kind of silly and over the top to me now, but it's the sad truth.

While I say addiction, I honestly think dependency is a better word. So much "bad" was born from me constantly turning to the tin and thinking it was a true part of me.

All that "bad" was REALLLY hard to undo and even more "bad" was born when I was trying to undo the old "bad". It felt like I was walking in circles in the mud, while wearing concrete shoes.

But I kept walking. Not sure why, but I did. Eventually I got out of the mud, busted out of the concrete shoes and turned "bad" into good.

Turns out I didn't need to depend on that shit and I never did.

I'm not on here as much as I used to be. I'm kinda just enjoying being "normal" again. Part of me misses telling some newbie to pull his head out of his fucking ass and to quit being a pussy ass bitch, but I think a bigger part of me doesn't.

If you are struggling, keep on walking. Things will get better, I promise and am living proof.

Quit on...

Late to the party again! Thanks Diesel for all you've done. In you telling some newbie to pull his head out of his ass, you can always find wisdom. In that you've kept it real and honest. Most of us have taken a little bit of the things you've said and built upon it.

Congrats on the comma!
I'm late too, but have to say congrats and thanks for all the help you've given to so many along the way!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #834 on: March 02, 2015, 08:13:00 AM »
Thanks to those who took time to say congrats on my 1,000 days of quit. It means a lot and is greatly appreciated.

Beating this addiction is tough stuff, especially early on. When I think back I ask myself "why the fuck was it so hard???"

For me, it was hard because not only was I breaking free from the chains of addiction, I was also breaking thousands of bad habits that came along with the fucking addiction.

"Quitting chew" was a lot more than just no longer putting Kodiak in my lip, it was changing the entire way I lived. That seems kind of silly and over the top to me now, but it's the sad truth.

While I say addiction, I honestly think dependency is a better word. So much "bad" was born from me constantly turning to the tin and thinking it was a true part of me.

All that "bad" was REALLLY hard to undo and even more "bad" was born when I was trying to undo the old "bad". It felt like I was walking in circles in the mud, while wearing concrete shoes.

But I kept walking. Not sure why, but I did. Eventually I got out of the mud, busted out of the concrete shoes and turned "bad" into good.

I'm not on here as much as I used to be. I'm kinda just enjoying being "normal" again. Part of me misses telling some newbie to pull his head out of his fucking ass and to quit being a pussy ass bitch, but I think a bigger part of me doesn't.

If you are struggling, keep on walking. Things will get better, I promise and am living proof.

Quit on...

Late to the party again! Thanks Diesel for all you've done. In you telling some newbie to pull his head out of his ass, you can always find wisdom. In that you've kept it real and honest. Most of us have taken a little bit of the things you've said and built upon it.

Congrats on the comma!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #833 on: March 01, 2015, 10:30:00 PM »

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #832 on: March 01, 2015, 05:23:00 PM »
Quote from: Derk40
Quote from: Skoal
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: jost2brown
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Coach
I'm a day early, but then again 999 ain't too shabby.

Congrats!!
You have paid it forward more than anyone I can think of. Congratulations Craig. You fought hard. Today is a huge milestone. I'll raise a drink to you today. And I cannot thank you enough. Enjoy today!

-w2w
Diesel Dangle!!!!
'oh yeah'
Thanks all. The angle of the dangle is directionally proportionate to the heat of the meat.

'oh yeah'

Bad ass

Really nice quit, diesel. Thanks for all you do here.
nice fugginig comma bud!
Right on Diesel. Thank you for all the support you've given. Ceiling Unlimited brother.
a fine quit indeed, congrats
Congrats on the comma!
Wow. Comma day? Congrats on a huge milestone. It's been a pleasure watching your quit and reading your words of advice to so many here. Thanks for getting on my ass early on in my quit. Scared straight works. I was always afraid of what you'd say if I caved. Instead, I copied you. Post daily and keep my word. See....it works. Congrats again Diesel!
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #831 on: March 01, 2015, 10:51:00 AM »
Quote from: Skoal
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: jost2brown
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Coach
I'm a day early, but then again 999 ain't too shabby.

Congrats!!
You have paid it forward more than anyone I can think of. Congratulations Craig. You fought hard. Today is a huge milestone. I'll raise a drink to you today. And I cannot thank you enough. Enjoy today!

-w2w
Diesel Dangle!!!!
'oh yeah'
Thanks all. The angle of the dangle is directionally proportionate to the heat of the meat.

'oh yeah'

Bad ass

Really nice quit, diesel. Thanks for all you do here.
nice fugginig comma bud!
Right on Diesel. Thank you for all the support you've given. Ceiling Unlimited brother.
a fine quit indeed, congrats
Congrats on the comma!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech