Author Topic: First day  (Read 10944 times)

Offline quitNWinay

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/18/2018, and every fuckin day ever since!
  • Likes Given: 498
Re: My Intro - quitNWinay
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2018, 12:24:00 PM »
Poof!
I am a caver...

Can't quit quitting!

Proud member of October 2018 Quit Group

Best soothing music when anxiety hits you hard - https://youtu.be/WFrAB5nBbNY

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2018, 10:50:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: Athan
Quote from: quitNWinay
Quote from: SAM83
I've seen your name on various rolls, including mine (March 14' Iron men) and wanted to check out this intro. You have a pretty bad ass quit going and seeing your daily victories against the nic bitch ads fuel to my quit fire.

One question for you though. ...when you go back to your very first intro post. you note the following,
I always shaved my head when I lost someone important in my life... On 06/27/2018, I woke up and flushed all tobacco in my house down the drain.
I had lost a friend with whom I had spent good times as well as bad!

You still feel like you lost a friend? Was it really "someone important" ...just curious what your view on this is now. Now that you can look back at your addiction through the eyes of a quitter rather than the eyes of an addict.
Well stated Steak. I to popped in here because he popped up in April 2014's roll (Resolute Bastards).....quitNWinay, what say you? Any additional thoughts regarding your comments as you look back a little rewired?
I had my priorities wrong... She was never a friend. She was more like the evil ring that the hobbit obsessed over! She controlled my thoughts, actions and emotions. Now that I am quit and look back, I ask myself what took me so long to realise that I was a slave to a dead plant for 15 years...
Ahhhh the precious! Great analogy man. That's exactly what it is. Only you don't get invisible. I mean the addict thinks their addict ways are invisible but they're not.
Glad to roll with you - glad you're a quitter now!!
Good answer. She is pure evil and it's simple as that. Keep it up brother; you're racking up victories every day and getting a whole bunch of badass quitters jumping aboard your quit train.
I just bought a ticket.....
The Truth is the engine... And feelings are the caboose!
I quit with you today quitNWinay!
Rawls 1366
I believe.....

Online Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2018, 11:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Athan
I've seen your name on various rolls, including mine (March 14' Iron men) and wanted to check out this intro. You have a pretty bad ass quit going and seeing your daily victories against the nic bitch ads fuel to my quit fire.

One question for you though. ...when you go back to your very first intro post. you note the following,
I always shaved my head when I lost someone important in my life... On 06/27/2018, I woke up and flushed all tobacco in my house down the drain.

You still feel like you lost a friend? Was it really "someone important" ...just curious what your view on this is now. Now that you can look back at your addiction through the eyes of a quitter rather than the eyes of an addict.
Well stated Steak. I to popped in here because he popped up in April 2014's roll (Resolute Bastards).....quitNWinay, what say you? Any additional thoughts regarding your comments as you look back a little rewired?
I had my priorities wrong... She was never a friend. She was more like the evil ring that the hobbit obsessed over! She controlled my thoughts, actions and emotions. Now that I am quit and look back, I ask myself what took me so long to realise that I was a slave to a dead plant for 15 years...
Ahhhh the precious! Great analogy man. That's exactly what it is. Only you don't get invisible. I mean the addict thinks their addict ways are invisible but they're not.
Good answer. She is pure evil and it's simple as that. Keep it up brother; you're racking up victories every day and getting a whole bunch of badass quitters jumping aboard your quit train.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2018, 06:44:00 PM »

"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline quitNWinay

• Quit Pro
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2018, 03:20:00 PM »

I am a caver...

Can't quit quitting!

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 210
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2018, 02:37:00 PM »

Online Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2018, 09:41:00 AM »

Certified Grade A Badass

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2018, 08:06:00 AM »
Day 27 - Waking up in the morning with happiness and in clean sheets. No tobacco flakes on the floor. No tobacco stains on the sheets... No chance of accidentally kicking the spit cup as you get down the bed... Taking a piss without chicken shit in your mouth! Feels too unreal... Thank you KTC for the simple joys of life...
Simple wins become your new daily routine.

Offline quitNWinay

• Quit Pro
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2018, 01:17:00 AM »
Day 27 - Waking up in the morning with happiness and in clean sheets. No tobacco flakes on the floor. No tobacco stains on the sheets... No chance of accidentally kicking the spit cup as you get down the bed... Taking a piss without chicken shit in your mouth! Feels too unreal... Thank you KTC for the simple joys of life...
I am a caver...

Can't quit quitting!

Offline Hutch18

• Quitter
  • Interests: Keeping up with my 3 boys. Coaching basketball at the YMCA and serving on the Sports Committee.Trying to keep God in everything and daily making him my Lord and Savior.
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2018, 12:40:00 PM »
Congrats on day 25! Keep it rolling! Proud to quit with you.
Addicts don't quit once for a lifetime, they quit daily for a lifetime.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2018, 07:36:00 AM »
Quote from: FLLipOut
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: croakenhagen
Day 25! A small number, but felt like a mountain! The nicotine bitch is still not done with me, though. I met my brother-in-law today. He dips the same brand that I did for 15 years. We had lunch together and later he was sitting across the table with a fat wad under his lip! I don't know how many of you have seen the movie series - Lord of The Ring. The crave was strong... I could literally feel the bitch whispering in my ears to take only one! I felt like the Hobbit and the can of shit became the ring that controlled me!!! I didn't falter this time and refused the dip when he offered it to me... I'd won my victory for today, but I know there still are many such craves headed my way! Unfortunately, you can't kill the can by throwing it in the fire like the hobbit killed the ring!!!
Congrats on day 25, brother! Quarter HOF! I'm proud to be quit with you and thankful to have you in RAWKtober 2018. You keep us going!
Happy 1/4 HOF brother!!
Quit hard!
Nice quarter HOF, qNW!!!

I have had the EXACT same thoughts about the LOTR and Hobbit ring! The last scene where Bilbo is back from his "adventure" and is standing in his empty hobbit hole. And he can't stop thinking about the ring - he resists but finally breaks down. I've thought "I know EXACTLY how he feels!"

Keep up the great quit! This gets easier, I promise. But don't think about that yet. Just keep quitting a day at a time.
ODAAT!!!
Yes! Very nice victory. Own the bitch, sheÂ’s owned you long enough!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline quitNWinay

• Quit Pro
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2018, 01:58:00 AM »
Quote from: FLLipOut
Day 25! A small number, but felt like a mountain! The nicotine bitch is still not done with me, though. I met my brother-in-law today. He dips the same brand that I did for 15 years. We had lunch together and later he was sitting across the table with a fat wad under his lip! I don't know how many of you have seen the movie series - Lord of The Ring. The crave was strong... I could literally feel the bitch whispering in my ears to take only one! I felt like the Hobbit and the can of shit became the ring that controlled me!!! I didn't falter this time and refused the dip when he offered it to me... I'd won my victory for today, but I know there still are many such craves headed my way! Unfortunately, you can't kill the can by throwing it in the fire like the hobbit killed the ring!!!
Congrats on day 25, brother! Quarter HOF! I'm proud to be quit with you and thankful to have you in RAWKtober 2018. You keep us going!
Happy 1/4 HOF brother!!
Quit hard!
Nice quarter HOF, qNW!!!

I have had the EXACT same thoughts about the LOTR and Hobbit ring! The last scene where Bilbo is back from his "adventure" and is standing in his empty hobbit hole. And he can't stop thinking about the ring - he resists but finally breaks down. I've thought "I know EXACTLY how he feels!"

Keep up the great quit! This gets easier, I promise. But don't think about that yet. Just keep quitting a day at a time.
ODAAT!!!
I am a caver...

Can't quit quitting!

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2558
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2018, 07:09:00 PM »
Happy 1/4 HOF brother!!
Quit hard!
Nice quarter HOF, qNW!!!

Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2018, 03:48:00 PM »
Happy 1/4 HOF brother!!
Quit hard!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Croakenhagen

• Quit Pro
  • Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?
  • Quit Date: 8-16-2020
  • Likes Given: 867
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2018, 11:33:00 AM »
Humbled.