Author Topic: This time it's personal  (Read 379 times)

Offline Armydan13

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-07-10
  • Interests: I'm an asshole.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This time it's personal
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 05:40:00 PM »
Welcome Kapini! PM me if you ever need any support brother. Everyone is here to help!

-Dan C.

Brotherhood+Accountability+Dick Pics = Success

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 11:34:00 AM »
Great intro, it sounds like you have the right frame of mind; we are here to help but the price of admission is daily roll call.
Post roll here: Nov HOF 2016

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 11:24:00 AM »
Sounds good Kapini!

There is a path to success laid down here. It starts with a daily promise, is fortified by the connections that you make and is sealed with the accountability that the group here provides.

We can show you the way, but it will be up to you to follow up.

First things first, if you're serious, find the Nov pre-HOF group and make your first daily promise. Then start reaching out to those around you.

Some simple advice - double your water, halve your caffeine and cease your alcohol. Then exercise.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 10:47:00 AM »
On our spiritual views we may be miles apart.
But we are both addicts.
Learn to post roll.
And do it every day.
Truth is Truth... And it doesn't care what either of us think or feel.
I'll quit with you.
Rawls 627
I believe.....

Offline CowMus

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 12:23:00 AM »
Quote from: kapini
Today is my quit day. It is not the first time that I have thrown out plenty of remaining chew in frustration, anger, confidence, and remorse. However, this time it is personal. I have reason to believe that severe damage has been done by my habit, and now that I am looking into the pit on Mt Doom I realize how strongly don't want to take the plunge. I have stopped before, sometimes for long stretches (6-12 months), sometimes for shorter stints (3-100 days). Every time I let my guard down I find myself back on this horrible shyte without really knowing how I got there. I have always been very embarrassed and ashamed of my habit, hiding it from my friends, co-workers, and wife; all the while I am dying slowly, both from the poison and from the helpless feeling of trying to tread water in a squall. Recently I have promised myself quit dates but have not held on and I think it is because I have not made myself accountable. I am ready to be done and so I am here- to make myself known as a tobacco addict and one that hates himself for it and one that is asking for help. I just hope (and, even as an atheist, pray) that I haven't done any lasting damage to myself- I am so very scared that I already have. Reading other peoples stories is inspiring and scary. And if the tears landing on my desktop are any indication, now that it's personal this will finally stick.

I am doing this for my father, my mother, my wife, my dog, my friends, but most importantly for me!
Good to have you! The most important reason to quit is because YOU want to do it!

Head on over to November '16 quit group and start posting. Read a lot on here. Drink tons of water.

Quit with you today.

CowMus

Offline kapini

• Quit Date: 2016-08-04
This time it's personal
« on: August 05, 2016, 12:06:00 AM »
Today is my quit day. It is not the first time that I have thrown out plenty of remaining chew in frustration, anger, confidence, and remorse. However, this time it is personal. I have reason to believe that severe damage has been done by my habit, and now that I am looking into the pit on Mt Doom I realize how strongly don't want to take the plunge. I have stopped before, sometimes for long stretches (6-12 months), sometimes for shorter stints (3-100 days). Every time I let my guard down I find myself back on this horrible shyte without really knowing how I got there. I have always been very embarrassed and ashamed of my habit, hiding it from my friends, co-workers, and wife; all the while I am dying slowly, both from the poison and from the helpless feeling of trying to tread water in a squall. Recently I have promised myself quit dates but have not held on and I think it is because I have not made myself accountable. I am ready to be done and so I am here- to make myself known as a tobacco addict and one that hates himself for it and one that is asking for help. I just hope (and, even as an atheist, pray) that I haven't done any lasting damage to myself- I am so very scared that I already have. Reading other peoples stories is inspiring and scary. And if the tears landing on my desktop are any indication, now that it's personal this will finally stick.

I am doing this for my father, my mother, my wife, my dog, my friends, but most importantly for me!