Author Topic: Long Overdue Introduction  (Read 2353 times)

Offline LaQuitter

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Long Overdue Introduction
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2015, 02:56:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: LaQuitter
Rap music offends me. It's usually lyrically disgusting. It's poison to the minds of the youth of America as far as I am concerned.

Therefore, I want it banned. That's right, you heard me. I don't like it. It represents something that is disturbing to me. No one should have the right to listen to it, or believe in the garbage that it represents.

'Finger'

A ridiculous notion, isn't it?? I don't like it, so I just change the channel. If others want to listen to it, go for it. And if an occasional mentally throwed off person acts a certain way, or commits certain acts in the name of what he has learned from his rap music, I don't freak out.

We can't ban the bad people and make the world we live in okay. Nor can we legislate the "bad" out. Murderers will still kill with either an illegally obtained gun, or with some other weapon. It's not about the weapon, it's about the fact that some people are just wack jobs. Racists will still be racists, with or without a Confederate flag flying. Taking the Dukes of Hazzard off of TV will not eliminate the evil that is racism.

Have a nice day, quitters.
Well put my friend! Some don't like everything posted on ktc so they go apeshit or quit, take what you need and leave the rest! Quit on!
It's the pussification of America, Pab. Everyone getting their feelings hurt. Just STFU and live YOUR life, and stop belly-aching over every damn little thing that you disagree with.

And you are so right, what goes on within the 4 walls of KTC is a microcosm of the real world in many ways.
Quit: Saturday, May 2, 2009
HOF: Monday, August 10, 2009

La's HOF Speech

"Post roll like 8 pounds 6 ounces... new born infant jesus himself was telling you to do it" - Jaydisco

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2015, 03:34:00 PM »
Rap music offends me. It's usually lyrically disgusting. It's poison to the minds of the youth of America as far as I am concerned.

Therefore, I want it banned. That's right, you heard me. I don't like it. It represents something that is disturbing to me. No one should have the right to listen to it, or believe in the garbage that it represents.

'Finger'

A ridiculous notion, isn't it?? I don't like it, so I just change the channel. If others want to listen to it, go for it. And if an occasional mentally throwed off person acts a certain way, or commits certain acts in the name of what he has learned from his rap music, I don't freak out.

We can't ban the bad people and make the world we live in okay. Nor can we legislate the "bad" out. Murderers will still kill with either an illegally obtained gun, or with some other weapon. It's not about the weapon, it's about the fact that some people are just wack jobs. Racists will still be racists, with or without a Confederate flag flying. Taking the Dukes of Hazzard off of TV will not eliminate the evil that is racism.

Well put my friend! Some don't like everything posted on ktc so they go apeshit or quit, take what you need and leave the rest! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline LaQuitter

• Quit Pro
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »

'Finger'

La's HOF Speech

"Post roll like 8 pounds 6 ounces... new born infant jesus himself was telling you to do it" - Jaydisco

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »
Thanks fellows! Great to see such a strong bond after so long! Definitely gives me strength in my own quit! Goes to show brotherhood for life! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2015, 10:43:00 AM »
Very cool to see this thread up top.

Offline LaQuitter

• Quit Pro
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2015, 08:55:00 AM »
Quote from: DeanTheCoot
Quote from: rkymtnman
you quitters bring tears to my eyes.....

as much as the challenges suck, I sure love you attitude Scott. I appreciate your post for sure.

LOVE seeing you old fuckers dropping by :)
April '09 representing! Hope all is well rky!!

They do suck....but much like Dean, life really is good. My wife and kiddos are doing great, and I am still earning a paycheck as well. In many ways, life's never been better.

Dean, I'll stop by July '09 and shoot the shit some time.......same here, PM me any time.

This old fucker is feeling the need to maybe involve myself more around here again. I'm in a strange place right now, and dragging a quitter or 2 to the promised land might be good for me right now.

Thanks for stopping in guys, epic to hear from a couple of my '09 stallions!
I hear you brother. I think I was in the same place about 10 months ago when I decided to jump back in and see what kind of shit I could stir up. It is definitely eye opening to see the process still working after seemingly so long since we were firmly in the trenches fighting tooth and nail.

Glad life is generally treating you well....I am in the same boat here. Everyone happy, healthy...that is about all a guy can ask for. Damn glad to see you dropping in. It is really great to see some of the old quitters every now and then. :)

now about GlennFTK....where has that big ass Jersey boy been? LOL.
What's happening, Jeff? Good to see you!

Yes, with any luck, we will be able to hijack LAQ's intro thread and turn it into a super-gay reunion.

But no fooling: These few messages are more than just hellos. They're more skin in the game...more brotherhood. All these years later, and it still doesn't go to waste. How could I let you two down?
Deano, my intro thread has always been open to whatever kind of debauchery would get us through the dog days of the quit!

I disappeared for a long time guys. Definitely not one of my better ideas......but at least I had the good sense to come back home when I was feeling beat down.

It's truly a strange phenomenon.....a bond forged with total strangers, all because we are fighting the same demons, striving for a common goal.

Syndrome posted a summary in August '09 of how many originals are posting in each month of 2009. The remaining studs are few. Kind of a tough pill to swallow. I wish all of the new quitters that are fighting for the HOF would see that, and understand how nature takes it's course over time. Complacency can destroy a good quit at any time.....even after hundreds or thousands of days. I wish and hope that they all find the kind of brotherhood that some of us found back in 2009. You are so right Dean, it HAS NOT gone to waste, even after more than 6 years.

We will not let each other down. We are gods of quit. :boss:

La's HOF Speech

Offline DeanTheCoot

• Quitter
  • Interests: reading, eating, walking, running, fishing, Freemasonry, coffee, pussy, hunting, motorcycles, history, badminton, trees
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »

as much as the challenges suck, I sure love you attitude Scott. I appreciate your post for sure.

They do suck....but much like Dean, life really is good. My wife and kiddos are doing great, and I am still earning a paycheck as well. In many ways, life's never been better.

Dean, I'll stop by July '09 and shoot the shit some time.......same here, PM me any time.

This old fucker is feeling the need to maybe involve myself more around here again. I'm in a strange place right now, and dragging a quitter or 2 to the promised land might be good for me right now.

I hear you brother. I think I was in the same place about 10 months ago when I decided to jump back in and see what kind of shit I could stir up. It is definitely eye opening to see the process still working after seemingly so long since we were firmly in the trenches fighting tooth and nail.

Glad life is generally treating you well....I am in the same boat here. Everyone happy, healthy...that is about all a guy can ask for. Damn glad to see you dropping in. It is really great to see some of the old quitters every now and then. :)

What's happening, Jeff? Good to see you!

Yes, with any luck, we will be able to hijack LAQ's intro thread and turn it into a super-gay reunion.

But no fooling: These few messages are more than just hellos. They're more skin in the game...more brotherhood. All these years later, and it still doesn't go to waste. How could I let you two down?

Offline Rkymtnman

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 12/25/2008
  • Interests: hunting, snowmobiling, dirt biking, mountain biking, camping, restoring old shit, building new shit, red neck shit
  • Likes Given: 99
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2015, 03:29:00 PM »

Offline LaQuitter

• Quit Pro
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2015, 03:15:00 PM »

La's HOF Speech

Offline Rkymtnman

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 12/25/2008
  • Interests: hunting, snowmobiling, dirt biking, mountain biking, camping, restoring old shit, building new shit, red neck shit
  • Likes Given: 99
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2015, 03:05:00 PM »

Offline DeanTheCoot

• Quitter
  • Interests: reading, eating, walking, running, fishing, Freemasonry, coffee, pussy, hunting, motorcycles, history, badminton, trees
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2015, 03:04:00 PM »
I just posted this in my quit group, August 2009. It's been my habit over the years to sometimes also post my ramblings to my Intro page, as it's always been my hope that exposing my life of the "quit struggle" may help some newer quitter that stumbles in here and reads it........

So in the last 3-4 years I've been through some personal problems, I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in July of 2013, my dad passed away in March after 2 months in ICU on a vent (and my mother is mentally unstable), and I dislocated my left shoulder 2 weeks ago. The shit never seems to end. Always some challenge to deal with.

No problem, it's life. I'm just venting. Better days are ahead. Sometimes you just get sick and tired, and need to talk. It's a shame that August 09 is void of the core brotherhood that I had learned to lean on back in the day (no offense to you Syndrome or JMag). I've spent a lot of time on here today, deep in the archives of my quit......it's been therapeutic. 'Crazy'

Stay strong quitters.
What's up, Scott? I'm sorry to hear about your dad, and your diagnosis.

The good news is that I will always be here with a raging hard-on for our collective quit. ;)

Or is that even good news?
Hey Dean, how the hell are you brother?!

It's good to hear from a "familiar voice", so to speak. No freaking idea what going on with me right now. I'm just working through some shit I guess, and while doing so, felt the need to re-visit this place.

I would expect nothing less than a raging hard-on from you. 'drool'
Me? I'm great! Two healthy boys (7 and 5), a wife who doesn't totally shit on me, gainful employment, and health all around. I can ask for nothing more, man. I'd be a monster if I did.

I stop into KTC now and then. Just so happens that our now/then matched this time. Glad it did!

You can PM anytime you want, if you need to.

Yours in boners,
Dean

Offline LaQuitter

• Quit Pro
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2015, 02:57:00 PM »
I just posted this in my quit group, August 2009. It's been my habit over the years to sometimes also post my ramblings to my Intro page, as it's always been my hope that exposing my life of the "quit struggle" may help some newer quitter that stumbles in here and reads it........

So in the last 3-4 years I've been through some personal problems, I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in July of 2013, my dad passed away in March after 2 months in ICU on a vent (and my mother is mentally unstable), and I dislocated my left shoulder 2 weeks ago. The shit never seems to end. Always some challenge to deal with.

No problem, it's life. I'm just venting. Better days are ahead. Sometimes you just get sick and tired, and need to talk. It's a shame that August 09 is void of the core brotherhood that I had learned to lean on back in the day (no offense to you Syndrome or JMag). I've spent a lot of time on here today, deep in the archives of my quit......it's been therapeutic. 'Crazy'

Stay strong quitters.

The good news is that I will always be here with a raging hard-on for our collective quit. ;)

Hey Dean, how the hell are you brother?!

It's good to hear from a "familiar voice", so to speak. No freaking idea what going on with me right now. I'm just working through some shit I guess, and while doing so, felt the need to re-visit this place.

I would expect nothing less than a raging hard-on from you. 'drool'

La's HOF Speech

Offline DeanTheCoot

• Quitter
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2015, 02:46:00 PM »

Stay strong quitters.

Offline LaQuitter

• Quit Pro
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2015, 02:15:00 PM »

Stay strong quitters.

La's HOF Speech

Offline LaQuitter

• Quit Pro
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2015, 10:44:00 AM »
Day 2,230. I'm feeling the need to spend more time around here. shocker

La's HOF Speech