Author Topic: Intro  (Read 242 times)

Offline SeattleCJ

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 07:58:00 PM »
Quote from: kain22
Greetings,

I came across this site yesterday and made my last official dip almost 24 hour ago. The stories are very inspiring and decided right then and there to quit. I've dipped for almost 25 years starting in high school. When I went to college - a lot of my friends chewed and I thought cool, everyone must do it. After college and starting my career - I was the only one that did it and continued to do so. l've tried to quit numerous times with no luck. My dentist reminds me every visit to quit and said I'm lucky to have had no problems with my teeth and gums though some receding.

Well, 3 weeks ago - I suffered a slight stroke at the age of 42! Though that was a wake up call for my health - I'd still sneak in a small pinch. Well that's over now and I look forward to being able to live without dipping. No more!
Welcome Kain. Glad to have you aboard. I'm glad you decided to quit and having a stroke of any size is definitely a wake up call. Head over to the May quit group if you haven't already and start posting roll and give your word each and every day that you won't dip. Its a tough journey but ultimately the most rewarding. You can do this.

Here is how to post roll:

Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like THIS
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box
Step 6 - Click your mouse in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Past the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
Step 9 - Go back to the 1st unread post, pat yourself on the back, and have a beer cause you will not be dipping today.

For a graphical representation of these instructions, please visit http://www.killthecan.org/roll/
Quit: 8/28/09
HOF: 12/05/09

Just because you have something to say, doesn't mean you should say it.

Offline kain22

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Intro
« on: February 21, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »
Greetings,

I came across this site yesterday and made my last official dip almost 24 hour ago. The stories are very inspiring and decided right then and there to quit. I've dipped for almost 25 years starting in high school. When I went to college - a lot of my friends chewed and I thought cool, everyone must do it. After college and starting my career - I was the only one that did it and continued to do so. l've tried to quit numerous times with no luck. My dentist reminds me every visit to quit and said I'm lucky to have had no problems with my teeth and gums though some receding.

Well, 3 weeks ago - I suffered a slight stroke at the age of 42! Though that was a wake up call for my health - I'd still sneak in a small pinch. Well that's over now and I look forward to being able to live without dipping. No more!