Author Topic: I wrote this in my Hof group. But non members can't see it  (Read 8983 times)

Offline SixString

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 260
Re: I wrote this in my Hof group. But non members can't see it
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2019, 11:46:45 AM »
*Takes a deep breath*

Ok steady.. aim.. and...

* Drama sees a bird and yanks the leash*

Damn there goes the perfect shot.

Walking around with a camera and now a 4 month siberian husky is always a battle. My last post mention about me trying to figure out who i am.. right now the outdoors is whats calling my name.
I never saw myself as a photographer, and never saw myself with another dog after my last one. And now here we are.. me constantly outside trying to catch that perfect shot, while hanging out with someone who I hope sees me as his best friend. Distraction has always been my escape from nicotine. But I needed something that would distract my hands and my thoughts. That's where the camera comes into play.
You know it's funny yesterday I was walking around with this huge camera around my neck and I felt embarrassed. I thought people were looking at me like I was the weird guy... I thought about a time I wasnt embarrassed by having a fat pinch and holding onto a spit bottle. Weird....
I always thought I had an eye for seeing the beauty of the world. So I said why not let's give a shot (no pun intended). Just something about staring into the lens and and breathing that distracts me from the fact that I crave nicotine all the time.
For those who do not know. A few weeks ago I had to put my dog down after only having her for a few months. She was abused so much. Her behavior was out of control. I did everything I could to show that dog that all she will know for the rest of her life was love and happiness. She didnt understand it. I tried so hard to be her best friend. She looked at me like I was going to beat her at any second... That broke my heart. I had to make a choice give her a bunch of drugs that wouldnt even work or put her down. So I put her down. I'm still in the process of forgiving myself. I cant help to think I should have done more. My stepdad who I haven't spoken to or seen in a few years was heartbroken for me. He knew that I was the type of person that would go through hell to save a dog. So he offered to buy me a puppy.
 I looked all over the internet until I found Drama :). Hes got one blue eye and one brown eye. Beautiful dog. I took the longest trip on the road (dip free) to get him. And I made a promise to make sure that this dog will live the best life he could ever imagine. I take him to dog parks all the time. It makes me smile seeing him being introduce to new animals. He and I are always outside. Usually we spend hours together just walking around the town and trails. I enjoying capturing clouds when the sun is setting while he enjoys being there laying in the snow.
I'm happy and have a new approach to life. Thats all because of KTC. I love you guys, I'll be paying it forward until the day I die. I promise you that.
SS- Day 76 NAFAR
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 11:48:36 AM by SixString »

Offline Lady G

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2019, 10:29:38 PM »
I drew a tiger
It came to life.

That is a true story. Maybe the name of my first album.

Let me take you back a few years ago. Before I ever touched an instrument. I had a friend. He was my best friend, my almost best man, a brother from another mother.(We don't talk anymore). He was a talented musician. I mean even thinking about it now, this dude was a music genius. Ive known him for almost 18 years.(I'm 30). To watch him grow as a musician was a blessing. I was there for when he was just coming up with an idea of a song. I got to watch him create magic from that idea. From the attic to the studio.... The studio... I still remember my first time being in a studio. Gosh what an experience. Just being a bystander sitting on this nice leather couch, and just watching how a song is created for the first time ever. How hyped I was seeing a genius create such a beautiful work of art. Its truly breathtaking. It didn't stop there, every weekend we were somewhere different in Chicago doing shows. I mean WOW. I got to hang out with an upcoming musician doing all these crazy things with him in one of the greatest cities to be doing these crazy things in. Then came House of Blues Chicago. :). I got to be backstage, and on stage the entire time with him. It still puts a smile on my face. Seeing my best friend shining. It was awesome.

He just had the ear. I was jealous. Even before I started playing music. It was just ridiculous how he can pick up any instrument and jump into any key and just go off. I got to see him do this millions of times. One thing I notice is how some ladies will try to talk to him and he will just ignore them. I asked " Dude why don't you play music to get girls numbers?" He told me that its about the music. I laughed. I told him that if he wasn't going to do it then I will. Next week I bought my first guitar. She was a beautiful. So beautiful that I got a tattoo of her on my arm.

What I didn't realize when I when I made this purchase was there is a lot work to be done...LoL..LoL...LoL Ok lets get to work. So of course I had a million questions that I thought would be answer by my musical genius friend. He told me that he didn't know the answers...What? He told me that he just hears it. That when it comes to music theory or just explaining music, he had no clue. So I mention before about hearing problems. My ear canals start closed then open. So that means a sound has to hit a certain decibel before my ears pick it up. So if you are a soft speaking person standing a foot a way. I cant hear you. But I can hear birds whistling a good 100 feet away. Its a blessing and a curse. I have tried hearing aids multiple times. Yeah I can hear normal conversations, but then that sound of a fork scraping a plate increases. It feels like a knife stabbing my brain. And it got annoying that I can hear everyone's conversations. So that meant I have to learn music theory....

Music theory in my OPINION can only teach you so much. No one wants a robot playing just sounds. I rather being a musician that can make people feel, than be a musician that knows every scale forwards and backwards. Music theory doesn't teach you about what influences your music. You know chords that sound like sad chords,but can you make people feel sad with those chords? One of my influences happens to be Hendrix. Not because of his play style or his amazing music. It was how he approached the guitar. He took it everywhere. I mean everywhere. So that's what I did. Every time you saw me I had a guitar in my hand. All day everyday. I felt like I was so far behind from my friend that I was committed to catching up to him. People stopped inviting me to hang out because I would just go in a corner and practice. Some guy got really pissed at me because I wouldn't put my guitar in the trunk so he can get a ride. All that matter to me was making progress. My friend didn't like who I became. Even though he was someone who drank from morning to night. He judged me and my choices and we stopped talking. I kept working on without him. Grinding 24/7 wanting a chance to let people hear my music. I was in a studio all the time just recording. I met my first producer about a year into playing. He saw my potential, he still records me till this day. He taught me how to take my street performer magic and put it on a track. He taught me that everyday is a blessing to be able to chase my dream. GO FOR IT.

I think my favorite thing about being a musician is hearing what others have to say. They talk about how they get taken away to different place. That the energy is vibrant and beating with positivity. How some go to space, while others imagine being on the beach... It means a lot to me to hear that. It drives me to want to be get better everyday. I approach music like a blank canvas. Since I cant hear sounds, I have been teaching myself how to feel them. So when I close my eyes I can see a different colors for each note. The guitar is my paintbrush.. I want to take you to a place where all you know is love. I want to give you a reason to just smile, because smiling is an amazing gift and its contagious. I want my music to remind you of why you believe in love and happiness. Ill take you on a journey, I'm not really good at communication. But with my guitar I can tell you stories that people wish they can hear me say. When I am stage I transform. I feel like my true self. Something about all eyes on me just gets my heart racing like no other. To play my own music and have people listen... That's a cool sentence to write out. I love music. I always will. Never going to stop chasing that dream to live out my life the way I see fit.

Why am I writing all of this? Honestly I am still trying to figure out who I am without nicotine. I have had many days where I wake up and say "OK I am not dipping, now what?" I had a realization that this mindset  will not help me gain progress in this journey. So this is just a reminder that life doesn't stop for you because you are having a bad day. This is a reminder that I have my dreams to continue chasing. That nicotine isn't who I am. I'm an amazing person. Head in the clouds feet on the ground kind of guy. I'm an addict and that's OK. Nicotine wants me to feel sorry about it not being in my life. I'm over that and taking back control of who I want to be.

Day 65 I Quit With You Today.
Awesome Job SS! I truely admire your story and creativity.

Hi Six.

Nice to meet you tonight in Chat. I wanted to read what you were talking about and I’m glad you did. Keep being THIS! Nice work....and remember what I told you....you are EVERY SINGLE DAY....not one is more important than another....each one is dependent on your entire quit.....your entire journey.....each note makes a song right..... See ya around. ~ Lady G
Lady G

Offline Brad

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2019
  • Likes Given: 266
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2019, 01:40:09 PM »
I drew a tiger
It came to life.

Let me take you back a few years ago. Before I ever touched an instrument. I had a friend. He was my best friend, my almost best man, a brother from another mother.(We don't talk anymore). He was a talented musician. I mean even thinking about it now, this dude was a music genius. Ive known him for almost 18 years.(I'm 30). To watch him grow as a musician was a blessing. I was there for when he was just coming up with an idea of a song. I got to watch him create magic from that idea. From the attic to the studio.... The studio... I still remember my first time being in a studio. Gosh what an experience. Just being a bystander sitting on this nice leather couch, and just watching how a song is created for the first time ever. How hyped I was seeing a genius create such a beautiful work of art. Its truly breathtaking. It didn't stop there, every weekend we were somewhere different in Chicago doing shows. I mean WOW. I got to hang out with an upcoming musician doing all these crazy things with him in one of the greatest cities to be doing these crazy things in. Then came House of Blues Chicago. :). I got to be backstage, and on stage the entire time with him. It still puts a smile on my face. Seeing my best friend shining. It was awesome.

He just had the ear. I was jealous. Even before I started playing music. It was just ridiculous how he can pick up any instrument and jump into any key and just go off. I got to see him do this millions of times. One thing I notice is how some ladies will try to talk to him and he will just ignore them. I asked " Dude why don't you play music to get girls numbers?" He told me that its about the music. I laughed. I told him that if he wasn't going to do it then I will. Next week I bought my first guitar. She was a beautiful. So beautiful that I got a tattoo of her on my arm.

What I didn't realize when I when I made this purchase was there is a lot work to be done...LoL..LoL...LoL Ok lets get to work. So of course I had a million questions that I thought would be answer by my musical genius friend. He told me that he didn't know the answers...What? He told me that he just hears it. That when it comes to music theory or just explaining music, he had no clue. So I mention before about hearing problems. My ear canals start closed then open. So that means a sound has to hit a certain decibel before my ears pick it up. So if you are a soft speaking person standing a foot a way. I cant hear you. But I can hear birds whistling a good 100 feet away. Its a blessing and a curse. I have tried hearing aids multiple times. Yeah I can hear normal conversations, but then that sound of a fork scraping a plate increases. It feels like a knife stabbing my brain. And it got annoying that I can hear everyone's conversations. So that meant I have to learn music theory....

Music theory in my OPINION can only teach you so much. No one wants a robot playing just sounds. I rather being a musician that can make people feel, than be a musician that knows every scale forwards and backwards. Music theory doesn't teach you about what influences your music. You know chords that sound like sad chords,but can you make people feel sad with those chords? One of my influences happens to be Hendrix. Not because of his play style or his amazing music. It was how he approached the guitar. He took it everywhere. I mean everywhere. So that's what I did. Every time you saw me I had a guitar in my hand. All day everyday. I felt like I was so far behind from my friend that I was committed to catching up to him. People stopped inviting me to hang out because I would just go in a corner and practice. Some guy got really pissed at me because I wouldn't put my guitar in the trunk so he can get a ride. All that matter to me was making progress. My friend didn't like who I became. Even though he was someone who drank from morning to night. He judged me and my choices and we stopped talking. I kept working on without him. Grinding 24/7 wanting a chance to let people hear my music. I was in a studio all the time just recording. I met my first producer about a year into playing. He saw my potential, he still records me till this day. He taught me how to take my street performer magic and put it on a track. He taught me that everyday is a blessing to be able to chase my dream. GO FOR IT.

I think my favorite thing about being a musician is hearing what others have to say. They talk about how they get taken away to different place. That the energy is vibrant and beating with positivity. How some go to space, while others imagine being on the beach... It means a lot to me to hear that. It drives me to want to be get better everyday. I approach music like a blank canvas. Since I cant hear sounds, I have been teaching myself how to feel them. So when I close my eyes I can see a different colors for each note. The guitar is my paintbrush.. I want to take you to a place where all you know is love. I want to give you a reason to just smile, because smiling is an amazing gift and its contagious. I want my music to remind you of why you believe in love and happiness. Ill take you on a journey, I'm not really good at communication. But with my guitar I can tell you stories that people wish they can hear me say. When I am stage I transform. I feel like my true self. Something about all eyes on me just gets my heart racing like no other. To play my own music and have people listen... That's a cool sentence to write out. I love music. I always will. Never going to stop chasing that dream to live out my life the way I see fit.

Why am I writing all of this? Honestly I am still trying to figure out who I am without nicotine. I have had many days where I wake up and say "OK I am not dipping, now what?" I had a realization that this mindset  will not help me gain progress in this journey. So this is just a reminder that life doesn't stop for you because you are having a bad day. This is a reminder that I have my dreams to continue chasing. That nicotine isn't who I am. I'm an amazing person. Head in the clouds feet on the ground kind of guy. I'm an addict and that's OK. Nicotine wants me to feel sorry about it not being in my life. I'm over that and taking back control of who I want to be.

Awesome Job SS! I truely admire your story and creativity.
We can quit for periods of time in many different ways.
KTC offers us a way to stay Quit. Its just that simple.

Offline SixString

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2019, 04:19:20 PM »
I drew a tiger
It came to life.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 04:24:43 PM by SixString »

Offline SixString

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2019, 08:13:05 PM »
I got a story to tell. I have a friend. He came from the other side of the world to take a trip with me. I asked him "Where did you want to go?" He looked me in the eyes and started to cry. He said "As far away as you can take me." I told him about this place that is hidden in the deep universe. A place where all you see is shooting stars zooming over your head. A place that if you let it, will open your mind to emotions that you never existed. His energy was so dark that my words had no effect on him. He was tired and defeated. I threw him over my shoulders and carried onto my rocket ship. I buckled him up and started the engines. Blast off. I put us in hyper speed. A million light years later we are still traveling to our destination. Its been quiet ride until he finally snaps. " WHY ARE WE NOT THERE YET?" Right after he finished his sentence, a giant explosion of red happens in front of us. The entire ship starts shaking violently. A few moments later the shaking stops, but everywhere we see in space is just pulsating red.  A hole opens up and out comes a pod of whales made of fire. They started to sing a song so familiar to me that it put me into a trance. I felt the universe enter my body, I looked at him and told him that he wont find this place until he lets go of who he was. That he needs to remove the masks that is hiding his true face. He looked at me and closed his eyes, and this is what he said.... "

"I am just so angry. I am angry at myself, angry at life, just so damn angry. Remember when we were kids? How free we were? Not a care in the world about what happens tomorrow. But now we have so much to worry about. I can count a 1000 shitty things happening before I find one reason to be happy. I am hurt that everyone gets to break my heart. Am I even hurt? Do I even have a heart? All I know is how to cry. All I know is feeling empty inside. I hate that my dad got to leave this world without explaining to me why he did what he did. What about my ex? We were best friends and now we are enemies. Why does it seem like a timer starts when I fall in love, and when it hits zero everything blows up. I lost my best friend because of her damaged past. Life just isn't fair."

Everything became dark. Floating in empty darkness of space. Then one by one stars were zooming over us. Each one brighter than the one before. I turn to look at my friend to see how he was doing. But he was not there anymore. He opened up the door and jumped on one of the stars. That is the last time I seen him. A man who was broken down but found his rebirth in the stars. I think about him from time to time. As I sit outside and look at the sky, I am always looking for shooting stars. Just picturing him be as happy as ever. Living a dream as a reality.
To be continued...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 08:18:07 PM by SixString »

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2019, 03:49:55 PM »
Day 50.
I feel like every time I start writing I end up erasing it all. This community has done so much for me, that everything I write just isnt good enough. 
This site isnt just a forum page to me. It's my home. I have been blessed to have some wonderful people on my team. Since I have been on this site I have exchanged 3,256 texts messages with other members. And yes I went through my messages and counted up the days. If I press delete all it shows me how many messages me and that person sent. The reason I did that was because in the time it took me to do the math, my craving has gone away. This site has taught me to fight nicotine with distraction. And boy have I been staying distracted.

What's changed from day 1 to day 50?

My thoughts is the first thing to pop up. I feel like I have a new brain. Its hard to explain it, but I can think more clearly. I'm rationalizing things with a sober mind. I feel more free when it comes to my thoughts..

I was talking to my wife about friendships. And to prove a point, I pulled out my phone to call someone who I haven't spoken to in 6 years. He picked up and he and I starting talking.  He and I used to party all the time. We were getting drunk regularly by the time we were 16. He came out and told me that he to had a nicotine addiction. He was smoking a pack and chewing two tins a day. My man is 7 years sober now from everything. Just ran a 5k the other day and finished 3rd.
Now would this conversation happened if I was chewing at that moment? Who knows. But It happened during my quit and that to me is a win.

I have learned that I am completely obsessed with nicotine. And that's why I became completely obsessed with KTC. I spend all my free time on this site because it helps me. KTC will be something I do for the rest of my life. Without this site I know I will cave.

Last year on this day I dont remember anything except I woke up and put a pinch in. Today I woke up and wrote a little something for my 50th day quit. This site really works if you commit yourself to it.

Drink the kool aid. Stay classy. ODAAT.

Here's to knocking down the first 50. Next stop HoF baby.
This is gold, man.
Gold.

Keep these thoughts... keep this momentum rolling any way you can.

Freedom is yours, dude, and it just gets better. Trust me. It does.
Ask me how I know...

AJ... 2,366 days of Freedom.
What ^^AJ said! 

Day 50 was big for me symbolically.  Half a HOF!  Just be on guard for those funks ahead, cause they are there.  But your head and heart is exactly where it needs to be.  Keep crushing it, SixString!!!

Did somebody say Half Hoff???
I'm not clicking on that.
You're lucky
Great stuff right here SixString. Keep kicking ass brother and I am proud to be quit with you
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2019, 03:48:58 PM »
Day 50.
I feel like every time I start writing I end up erasing it all. This community has done so much for me, that everything I write just isnt good enough. 
This site isnt just a forum page to me. It's my home. I have been blessed to have some wonderful people on my team. Since I have been on this site I have exchanged 3,256 texts messages with other members. And yes I went through my messages and counted up the days. If I press delete all it shows me how many messages me and that person sent. The reason I did that was because in the time it took me to do the math, my craving has gone away. This site has taught me to fight nicotine with distraction. And boy have I been staying distracted.

My thoughts is the first thing to pop up. I feel like I have a new brain. Its hard to explain it, but I can think more clearly. I'm rationalizing things with a sober mind. I feel more free when it comes to my thoughts..

I was talking to my wife about friendships. And to prove a point, I pulled out my phone to call someone who I haven't spoken to in 6 years. He picked up and he and I starting talking.  He and I used to party all the time. We were getting drunk regularly by the time we were 16. He came out and told me that he to had a nicotine addiction. He was smoking a pack and chewing two tins a day. My man is 7 years sober now from everything. Just ran a 5k the other day and finished 3rd.
Now would this conversation happened if I was chewing at that moment? Who knows. But It happened during my quit and that to me is a win.

I have learned that I am completely obsessed with nicotine. And that's why I became completely obsessed with KTC. I spend all my free time on this site because it helps me. KTC will be something I do for the rest of my life. Without this site I know I will cave.

Last year on this day I dont remember anything except I woke up and put a pinch in. Today I woke up and wrote a little something for my 50th day quit. This site really works if you commit yourself to it.

This is gold, man.
Gold.

Ask me how I know...

What ^^AJ said! 

Day 50 was big for me symbolically.  Half a HOF!  Just be on guard for those funks ahead, cause they are there.  But your head and heart is exactly where it needs to be.  Keep crushing it, SixString!!!

You're lucky
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4349
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2019, 03:31:03 PM »
Day 50.

This is gold, man.
Gold.

Ask me how I know...

What ^^AJ said! 

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline SixString

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2019, 03:23:51 PM »
@Skolvikings  I was so confused by the hasselhoff pictures this morning. Thank you for clearly that up.  roflmao

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 972
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2019, 03:19:08 PM »
Day 50.

This is gold, man.
Gold.

Ask me how I know...

What ^^AJ said! 

Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2019, 03:02:36 PM »
Day 50.

This is gold, man.
Gold.

Ask me how I know...

What ^^AJ said! 

Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2019, 11:31:13 AM »
Day 50.

This is gold, man.
Gold.

Ask me how I know...

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline SixString

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2019, 11:02:50 AM »
Day 50.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 11:08:37 AM by SixString »

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2019, 12:32:34 PM »
@AppleJack  after I finish writing this post I will be sending you my number. Thank you. I mean truly thank you. If there was any message I was hoping to read, yours was exactly it.  Now I feel better.   "Fucking overwhelming loud" I couldn't say it better myself of exactly what's going on in my head.
I'm gonna give it a try.just keep grinding and believing that I can do this. Seriously thank you. I dont know what else to say but that. I'm glad i can add you to my team.
@worktowin I'll never get tired of hearing that. Because that's something I need to hear on a consistent basis. Thank you I will also be sending you a PM of my number. Glad to have guys watching my back
Here's the deal...everything you did before you quit...you can do quit.  Everything.  Just give it time.  I too had that feeling of when will it ever get better?  I would sit at my desk on a Friday and dread the weekend because I couldn't dip.  Now...I'm back to looking forward to the weekends and everything else that I thought I couldn't enjoy without dip.  I can't tell you when it happened but it just slowly did with time.  Keep writing out your thoughts...It helps.   

Go read my intro if you are bored.  I too wrote a lot about my struggles in quitting.  Everybody here went through the same things you are going through...It can be done...I got a lot of inspirations by reading other intros.
Thanks @walterwhite today is one those days where I'm just gonna get lost in the archives and read. I will start with yours. As always thanks for looking out
Prior to my quit, I had NEVER fished a  day in my life without a dip.  Never.  That was the hardest thing I ever had to do.  I actually stopped fishing for a couple of months.  I was a mess on the boat.  Couldn't focus.  Couldn't even tie a knot.  I'm here to tell you that it gets much better and I'm cleared than ever.
I don't post on here much anymore other than to post my daily promise every morning. I just wanted to say, everything these guys have said is my exact same experience as well. I started when I was 14 and tried to quit thousands of time for the next 36 years. I'd really given up hope that I could actually quit but had to keep trying because I wanted to be free of this habit so bad. I stumbled on to this site almost 1259 days ago, signed up with the intent of only reading some posts and then moving on. When I found out that they claimed their success for quitting came from posting a promise every morning, I thought that's got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Then thought, I might as well try it, what I've done in the past hasn't worked, what have I got to lose. To my shock, here I am almost 3 and a half years later, Quit. And I feel confident that it's for good this time. If I can do it, anyone can. I was the biggest failure at quitting there ever was.

Post every day. Get to know your fellow quitters. One day you'll be totally free of the withdrawal and the cravings. It'll take longer than you think it should, but it will happen. The freedom is worth pain you're going through right now.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 12:38:39 PM by Mike1966 »
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2019, 10:49:03 AM »
@AppleJack  after I finish writing this post I will be sending you my number. Thank you. I mean truly thank you. If there was any message I was hoping to read, yours was exactly it.  Now I feel better.   "Fucking overwhelming loud" I couldn't say it better myself of exactly what's going on in my head.
I'm gonna give it a try.just keep grinding and believing that I can do this. Seriously thank you. I dont know what else to say but that. I'm glad i can add you to my team.
@worktowin I'll never get tired of hearing that. Because that's something I need to hear on a consistent basis. Thank you I will also be sending you a PM of my number. Glad to have guys watching my back
Here's the deal...everything you did before you quit...you can do quit.  Everything.  Just give it time.  I too had that feeling of when will it ever get better?  I would sit at my desk on a Friday and dread the weekend because I couldn't dip.  Now...I'm back to looking forward to the weekends and everything else that I thought I couldn't enjoy without dip.  I can't tell you when it happened but it just slowly did with time.  Keep writing out your thoughts...It helps.   

Go read my intro if you are bored.  I too wrote a lot about my struggles in quitting.  Everybody here went through the same things you are going through...It can be done...I got a lot of inspirations by reading other intros.
Thanks @walterwhite today is one those days where I'm just gonna get lost in the archives and read. I will start with yours. As always thanks for looking out
Prior to my quit, I had NEVER fished a  day in my life without a dip.  Never.  That was the hardest thing I ever had to do.  I actually stopped fishing for a couple of months.  I was a mess on the boat.  Couldn't focus.  Couldn't even tie a knot.  I'm here to tell you that it gets much better and I'm cleared than ever.
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech