• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Date: 10/01/2019
  • Interests: Quiting, Motorcycles, Fishing, Cooking and BBQ
  • Likes Given: 300
Re: Day 2
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2020, 04:24:19 PM »
113  Well it has been a bit since I have been back here to my intro.  I been on the train partying it up with my people.  Every day does get better without nicotine.  I still believe that this site and the people in it help a lot of people stay quit, if you use it for that.  Unfortunately some just don't get it. 

On another note, I would like to know what the number of kills that @chris2alaska has.  I mean if you read the HOF speeches he is in a lot of them in directing people to the forum.  This guy has had to kill a shit ton of cans for the people he brought to the forum.  I personally believe he and @Keith0617 are working in tandem, because when I stumbled in here ..within minutes @chris2alaska had me posting roll and @Keith0617 was following up a couple of hours later with a phone call.  So I wanna know how many cans you both have been killing.  Yall might want to be careful,
Big Tobacco may attempt to put a bounty on both of yall lol.  Seriously thanks for what yall do. 
Wildirish intro https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=805.msg125916#msg125916

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline KD2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8-31-19
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2020, 08:17:02 PM »
Day 94   6 days and I board the HOF Train!   Man it has been a rough ride, but like the vets keep telling us...everything gets better one day at a time.  My January 20 group has lost alot of quitters in the first 100 days.  Saying that.......20 Bad Ass quitters are still with us.  I am proud of each and every one of my January 20 bad ass quitters.  I have had alot of firsts in the past 20 days.  The holidays dip free, traveling on vacation dip free and probaly the biggest, New Year's Eve dip free (and surrounded by family members that still use tobacco).  I remember going through my brother-in-law's garage to get a drink on New Year's eve and walking past his can laying on the work bench.  I just looked at it and told myself that dead plant in a plastic can no longer has control over me.  I know I stil have 6 more days until HOF, and know this is just the beginning for a tobacco free life, but I would like to thank all my peeps from my January 20 quit group, in particular @JJG009 and @Hunter4life , I would also like to give special thanks to @SixString and @KD2 who really carried me through my first 60 days of my quit.  I also would like to thank the vets that have supported me every day, @Keith0617 @chris2alaska @INKcogKNEEdough @UncleRico @campbellmi13 @Broccoli-saurus @Tonifer @oldschool @Bigdiesel90 and @69franx .  Lots of support and ongoing support.  Posting roll every day, and quitting one day at a time are the keys to ongoing success.

Great work JS.  I have had a special eye on you since I read your intro roughly 96 days ago.  We took different tests but we work in the same world and, I would imagine, have similar stressors and dependencies.  I don't have to tell you 96 days is a BIG deal.  I'm very happy for you.  My digits are always available if you like.  Congrats my friend.  Keep it up.
This looks like the beginning of a great HOF speech!

I thought the same thing
Looking forward to raising a glass and eating some ribs in celebration. Glad our paths have crossed.  It will be done one day at a time
I like it Js. We’ll both have a coin next time we meet up! PTQWU

Offline UncleRico

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 5601
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2020, 07:14:51 PM »
Day 94   6 days and I board the HOF Train!   Man it has been a rough ride, but like the vets keep telling us...everything gets better one day at a time.  My January 20 group has lost alot of quitters in the first 100 days.  Saying that.......20 Bad Ass quitters are still with us.  I am proud of each and every one of my January 20 bad ass quitters.  I have had alot of firsts in the past 20 days.  The holidays dip free, traveling on vacation dip free and probaly the biggest, New Year's Eve dip free (and surrounded by family members that still use tobacco).  I remember going through my brother-in-law's garage to get a drink on New Year's eve and walking past his can laying on the work bench.  I just looked at it and told myself that dead plant in a plastic can no longer has control over me.  I know I stil have 6 more days until HOF, and know this is just the beginning for a tobacco free life, but I would like to thank all my peeps from my January 20 quit group, in particular @JJG009 and @Hunter4life , I would also like to give special thanks to @SixString and @KD2 who really carried me through my first 60 days of my quit.  I also would like to thank the vets that have supported me every day, @Keith0617 @chris2alaska @INKcogKNEEdough @UncleRico @campbellmi13 @Broccoli-saurus @Tonifer @oldschool @Bigdiesel90 and @69franx .  Lots of support and ongoing support.  Posting roll every day, and quitting one day at a time are the keys to ongoing success.

Great work JS.  I have had a special eye on you since I read your intro roughly 96 days ago.  We took different tests but we work in the same world and, I would imagine, have similar stressors and dependencies.  I don't have to tell you 96 days is a BIG deal.  I'm very happy for you.  My digits are always available if you like.  Congrats my friend.  Keep it up.

I thought the same thing
Looking forward to raising a glass and eating some ribs in celebration. Glad our paths have crossed.  It will be done one day at a time
“Complacency doesn’t make sense for a guy trying to redefine normal.”  Fairclough/CEO

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2020, 05:43:03 PM »

I thought the same thing
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2020, 01:10:01 PM »

ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2020, 12:46:55 PM »

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2020, 12:25:16 PM »

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline dladd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/1/2019
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2019, 08:39:24 AM »
Day 70  I guess I am in a funk, have been since last Thursday and got worse on Friday with all the group fighting.  I'm bored as hell, got craves like I have never had before, It is like things are real but not real, time drags on.  This sucks ass, I thought I should feel better at day 70.  I been beating down the craves with seeds and took a fake dip last night, was the first time in over 30 days.  I have no choice but to try and hunker down through this.  This really sucks.  I am still quit today though.

Just ride the wave big man. You got this. In a few days the funk will be over and it will be better. Before you know it the craves are less frequent and severe. Keep using your tools.
Shoot I remember those.  Great job blogging it out. You edify me doing so and reminding me how fragile it can be.  PTBQWYT

Yes, you are in the Pre-HOF Funk.  It will be over in a few days.  There is another bad one that comes just after HOF, so be prepared.  Always have a plan and always have your phone and phone numbers with you.  Reach out if you need to, we are all here for you.

Hold the line JS.  Suck now...peace and freedom down the road.  You got this shit.
PTBQWYT my friend.

jsjohnson

You and I are at exactly the same point in our quit, 71 days, and I am getting the same symptoms that you are.  I keep telling myself that if I were to cave I would fully regret it 2 seconds after.  While it seems like something I would really enjoy right at this second, I know that it would be the renewal of a lifelong curse that was never a positive in my life.  You have one of the strongest quits going in the January 2020 group and you WILL NOT blow this.  You've got my number and we are in this together.

dladd

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2019, 10:16:38 PM »
Day 70  I guess I am in a funk, have been since last Thursday and got worse on Friday with all the group fighting.  I'm bored as hell, got craves like I have never had before, It is like things are real but not real, time drags on.  This sucks ass, I thought I should feel better at day 70.  I been beating down the craves with seeds and took a fake dip last night, was the first time in over 30 days.  I have no choice but to try and hunker down through this.  This really sucks.  I am still quit today though.

Just ride the wave big man. You got this. In a few days the funk will be over and it will be better. Before you know it the craves are less frequent and severe. Keep using your tools.
Shoot I remember those.  Great job blogging it out. You edify me doing so and reminding me how fragile it can be.  PTBQWYT

Yes, you are in the Pre-HOF Funk.  It will be over in a few days.  There is another bad one that comes just after HOF, so be prepared.  Always have a plan and always have your phone and phone numbers with you.  Reach out if you need to, we are all here for you.

Hold the line JS.  Suck now...peace and freedom down the road.  You got this shit.
PTBQWYT my friend.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2019, 09:08:39 PM »

If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2019, 09:06:22 PM »

"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2019, 08:50:08 PM »

Jan19

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2019, 07:31:29 PM »

My HOF Speech

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2019, 08:22:18 AM »
Day 60   Things do get better one day at a time.  I have found myself not wanting seeds as much in the past few days and I cant remember when I put in a fake snuff.  I get a crave...I just push through it and forget about it in a minute or so.  I do feel like I am in a little bit of a funk, kinda bored with it all, but then I get to see good people like @SixString hit his HOF, I start feeling better about it.  My wife tells me I am a little less grouchy, so I guess that is a win also.  Yesterday at Thanksgiving my Father in Law, asked me if I was still quit, I told him yup...59 days.  My brother in law just looked at me and said there is no fucking way he could do it.  I told him there was but he did not want to listen.  Later on when all the guys went outside for post dinner dip, I just popped a sugar free jolly rancher in and stayed in side with the kids lol.  One day at a time.
You, Sir, are the real deal! Of seven boys I'm the only one clean.  Breaks my heart. You can't quit for them.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Cspence

• Quitter
  • Married father of 4
  • Quit Date: 10/20/2019
  • Interests: Golf, kids sports (mostly hockey), working out, fishing
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2019, 05:36:27 PM »
Day 60   Things do get better one day at a time.  I have found myself not wanting seeds as much in the past few days and I cant remember when I put in a fake snuff.  I get a crave...I just push through it and forget about it in a minute or so.  I do feel like I am in a little bit of a funk, kinda bored with it all, but then I get to see good people like @SixString hit his HOF, I start feeling better about it.  My wife tells me I am a little less grouchy, so I guess that is a win also.  Yesterday at Thanksgiving my Father in Law, asked me if I was still quit, I told him yup...59 days.  My brother in law just looked at me and said there is no fucking way he could do it.  I told him there was but he did not want to listen.  Later on when all the guys went outside for post dinner dip, I just popped a sugar free jolly rancher in and stayed in side with the kids lol.  One day at a time.
Amazing victories JS!
The road is long, but doable with people along for the ride.

Complacency is a real thing all throughout, even after HOF, but keep that in your mind and don't let the boredom win.
Proud to quit with you today JS.
This is a great victory. I'm proud of you john. ODAAT. And you sir are just straight killing it. I hope you had a smile on your face and flicked him off when you had a chance. Stay sexy john you are a sexy man
Thank you JSJ for the words of encouragement. That had to be tough with everyone around you dipping like a bunch of fools. Proud of you man and happy for you. Guess your bro is just weak. Congrats on 60 days.
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.