Author Topic: Byoo882151  (Read 4085 times)

Offline Byoo882151

• Likes Given: 0
Re: Byoo882151
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2019, 10:44:45 AM »
Thank you for all the feedback.  Still having moments of being pissy, but the intense cravings were better yesterday.  Yes games are definitely a trigger...if it take some time to play I make sure to have a bottle of water, gum and something to munch on.

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Date: 10/01/2019
  • Interests: Quiting, Motorcycles, Fishing, Cooking and BBQ
  • Likes Given: 300
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 01:19:56 PM »
You are at the right place....I am on day 7 no nic and I had chewed for 33 years.  You can do this....I am quit with you today. 
Wildirish intro https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=805.msg125916#msg125916

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline SixString

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 12:55:13 PM »
I just touch on one thing. Video games. I am to a gamer.  Pro circuit for gears of war. Retired. The one thing I always did when I play was chew. Honestly my most active time dipping is when video games were involved. Be careful. Seriously I mean that. Be really careful because it's a slippery slope. Multiplayer requires you to be competitive which can lead to stress. And single player at some point in time requires you to farm. And you I both know that farming in games can take up a lot of time. If you feel yourself caving. Take a break. I'll give you my number I'm here to talk about whatever with you.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 12:34:24 PM »
Thank you for the dose of reality.  I'm not calling it 5 days until 9 PM tonight since I had my last dip at 9 PM Thursday.  Now that I know where to post, I'll see you all bright and early tomorrow morning when i post on roll call.

It is an addiction and I am 100% addicted to nicotine and my body and brain are fighting me like hell for a fix!  I am quitting for myself, and have wanted to quit again ever since I picked it back up when I was 22 after having quit for 6 months.  Yes the computer is silly, but it's a short term reward for doing it and the promise of that reward has given me the kickstart to do something I've never done before... quit cold turkey.  Honestly cold turkey has felt better than being on Chantix.  Chantix messed with my brain too much with the dreams and depression feelings.  Cold turkey I notice very intense cravings and very intense bouts of fogginess, but they're all short and go away quickly for me.

The single thing that has helped me the most is physical activity.  I've been a gym rat since I was in high school and I go to the gym an lunch, and work out more when i get home.  Something about the physical activity makes it all feel better. So that helped on Friday, and over the weekend went on a couple long walks with my baby boy and golden retriever.  And today will be another gym day.

I'll post roll call every morning, and come here to this thread to vent.

@Byoo882151 ,

Great job posting Roll.  Don't forget to exchange phone numbers with other quitters. 

Yes, vent here in your intro but also in your quit group as it can help other quitters as well as you will get more vets input in the open forum.  Not all of them come here to peruse the intros.

Physical activity is great, also drink lots of water this first month or so.  Cranberry juice can help with the cravings too.

Talk with your dad and see if you can get him to store his dip somewhere else or better yet, get his ass on roll with you and get him to quit too.  I bet your mom would be ecstatic if he quit.

Cold turkey is the only way to go.  I've tried Chantix too, and it did nothing.  All it's doing is adding another chemical to your body that you don't need.

Keep pushing, stay the course and keep your promise.

Oh, and for Roll tomorrow, you post in the top section with the other "New Bad Ass Quitters", the bottom section is for supporters.  But the only wrong roll post is not being on it.

Check your PM inbox for my digits.

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Byoo882151

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 12:20:21 PM »
Thank you for the dose of reality.  I'm not calling it 5 days until 9 PM tonight since I had my last dip at 9 PM Thursday.  Now that I know where to post, I'll see you all bright and early tomorrow morning when i post on roll call.

It is an addiction and I am 100% addicted to nicotine and my body and brain are fighting me like hell for a fix!  I am quitting for myself, and have wanted to quit again ever since I picked it back up when I was 22 after having quit for 6 months.  Yes the computer is silly, but it's a short term reward for doing it and the promise of that reward has given me the kickstart to do something I've never done before... quit cold turkey.  Honestly cold turkey has felt better than being on Chantix.  Chantix messed with my brain too much with the dreams and depression feelings.  Cold turkey I notice very intense cravings and very intense bouts of fogginess, but they're all short and go away quickly for me.

The single thing that has helped me the most is physical activity.  I've been a gym rat since I was in high school and I go to the gym an lunch, and work out more when i get home.  Something about the physical activity makes it all feel better. So that helped on Friday, and over the weekend went on a couple long walks with my baby boy and golden retriever.  And today will be another gym day.

I'll post roll call every morning, and come here to this thread to vent. 

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
Re: Day 1
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 11:28:59 AM »
Byoo,

There are a lot of challenges in your intro that you need to address before you will be successful at quitting nicotine.  First off, you have to want to quit for you and only you, not for a fucking computer.  Second, you are an addict.  You are addicted to nicotine, same as me and everyone else in here.  You need to embrace that fact.  The only habit you have, is you like to put things in your mouth.  There are much safer alternatives to put in your mouth.  Nicorette or any other nicotine replacement is not going to work.  All you are doing is replacing the delivery method. 

Until you get it in your head that you are an addict and you want to quit for you and you alone, it is going to be very difficult for you.  I'm not saying impossible, but your chances are go way down.

As far as this place goes, posting roll every day in your quit group is the minimum to help you stay quit.  Those that take an active roll in participating in conversations, or helping track down late posters and keeping up on the SSOA (Spreadsheet of accountability) have a much better track record.

Your group is the January 2020 Quit Group found HERE.

Go there now and post your promise to remain nicotine free for the next 24 hours.   Keep your word and come back tomorrow morning and do it again.  Keep doing that every day right after you wake up and you can remain quit as long as you keep your word.

Start exchanging phone numbers with other quitters in your group as well as some vets.  Those numbers are your lifeline.  If it gets too bad, call someone.  Don't collect numbers and then fail to use them and cave.  That is just stupid to not use the tools provided.  Those numbers also serve as the cornerstone of your accountability and brotherhood wall.  Get to know those people.  Making a promise to someone you know is way more powerful that making a promise to an internet stranger.

Send me a private message if you would like my number.

Proud to quit with you today,

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Sand44

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: Oct 17, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1092
Re: Day 1
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 11:19:38 AM »
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but here's my introduction:

Today is day 4 for me.  I have been dipping over a can a day for 16 years (since I was 15).  I have made attempts to quit in the past:

Took Chantix when I was 22 and quit for about 6 months.  Then one day I told myself I'll just have one dip to get that buzz...within a few days it was back to over a can per day.
Tried Nicorette a few times in my early 20's but never could make it 1 day.
about 4 years ago my wife's grandmother died from lung cancer and COPD caused by a lifetime of smoking.  I tried to quit but never could give up that 1 dip per day.
2 years ago I tried another round of Chantix and after 6 months on the medicine I was still dipping, so I gave up on Chantix.
Last year I tried cold turkey, and my brain felt like it was going to explode and I didn't last 1 day.

I failed and failed and failed and thought I would never quit.  I finally got the motivation to kick the habit for a purely selfish reason.  This is embarrassing to admit, but there is a computer game I want to play and the system requirements are so high that I would have to buy a $1400 computer to be able to play it without it looking like garbage.  So my wife and I made a deal that if I can quit, then in 30 days I can buy the computer.  We made the deal at the beginning of September, and she was ok with using Nicorette and still calling it "quit" since I'm not using tobacco.  I struggled all of September with bouncing back and forth between Nicorette for a day or 2, and then back on the dip.  The more I read this website, the more convinced I became that the Nicorette was holding me back...I'd spent a whole month chewing Nicorette, and was still dipping tobacco almost every day.  So on Thursday October 3rd at 9:00, I spit out my last dip and have not dipped or chewed Nicorette since.

The next day at work, Friday October 4th, I literally spaced out at my computer the entire afternoon.  It was like my brain just refused to work.  The hardest dip for me not to take is the morning dip for that morning poo.  And when I wake up my brain is super foggy and I'm a little confused about what I should do, but after i drink a cup of coffee my brain eventually turns back on.  Friday was a tough day, Saturday was better, it was mainly just trying to keep myself busy, but I can't really remember what exactly we did.  Sunday afternoon was the hardest time so far since Friday, just kind of the doldrums and I was bored and didn't know what to do with my time...since previously I could sit on the couch and dip as my activity.

Anyway I'm on day 4, and I still smell it, and talking about it makes my mouth water.  We're building a house and living with my parents right now, and my dad dips which makes it harder because at any time I could walk to the drawer he keeps his dip in and take one out, but I've held off so far.  I woke up at 3AM this morning in a daze and almost raided the drawer to get a dip and stay up for an hour thinking about how great it tastes, but I managed to hold off and fell back asleep.

Not sure where to go from here as far as posting in groups, or even if I'm in the right place, but it feels good to say all this.
Byoo

@Byoo882151

Welcome. Congratulations on making one of the greatest decisions you will ever make.  I split your post out into its own topic, as you had it posted in another quitters intro (PM me to change the topic title)

Few things..

1) First and foremost.. dipping is not a habit.. it is a deadly addiction. You are an addict. You must admit this to yourself in order to be successful.

2) Do you WANT to quit? To be successful, you’re going to have to quit for yourself.. not a computer game.

3) If you threw out your last dip on Thursday.. that makes today Day 5 for you!

4) https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15899.0 is the link to your pre HoF group... go on in there and post roll. This is your promise to remain nicotine free for the rest of the day.  We take it one day at a time here.. no need to worry about tomorrow until it gets here. Forever is scary.

Go post roll if your ready. If you’re not quitting for yourself, you’ve already failed.  Re evaluate, and come post in your group when you make that decision.

Proud to quit with you.

Sand44 - 356 days nicotine free.

Offline Byoo882151

Byoo882151
« on: October 07, 2019, 11:05:00 AM »
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but here's my introduction:

Today is day 4 for me.  I have been dipping over a can a day for 16 years (since I was 15).  I have made attempts to quit in the past:

Took Chantix when I was 22 and quit for about 6 months.  Then one day I told myself I'll just have one dip to get that buzz...within a few days it was back to over a can per day.
Tried Nicorette a few times in my early 20's but never could make it 1 day.
about 4 years ago my wife's grandmother died from lung cancer and COPD caused by a lifetime of smoking.  I tried to quit but never could give up that 1 dip per day.
2 years ago I tried another round of Chantix and after 6 months on the medicine I was still dipping, so I gave up on Chantix.
Last year I tried cold turkey, and my brain felt like it was going to explode and I didn't last 1 day.

I failed and failed and failed and thought I would never quit.  I finally got the motivation to kick the habit for a purely selfish reason.  This is embarrassing to admit, but there is a computer game I want to play and the system requirements are so high that I would have to buy a $1400 computer to be able to play it without it looking like garbage.  So my wife and I made a deal that if I can quit, then in 30 days I can buy the computer.  We made the deal at the beginning of September, and she was ok with using Nicorette and still calling it "quit" since I'm not using tobacco.  I struggled all of September with bouncing back and forth between Nicorette for a day or 2, and then back on the dip.  The more I read this website, the more convinced I became that the Nicorette was holding me back...I'd spent a whole month chewing Nicorette, and was still dipping tobacco almost every day.  So on Thursday October 3rd at 9:00, I spit out my last dip and have not dipped or chewed Nicorette since.

The next day at work, Friday October 4th, I literally spaced out at my computer the entire afternoon.  It was like my brain just refused to work.  The hardest dip for me not to take is the morning dip for that morning poo.  And when I wake up my brain is super foggy and I'm a little confused about what I should do, but after i drink a cup of coffee my brain eventually turns back on.  Friday was a tough day, Saturday was better, it was mainly just trying to keep myself busy, but I can't really remember what exactly we did.  Sunday afternoon was the hardest time so far since Friday, just kind of the doldrums and I was bored and didn't know what to do with my time...since previously I could sit on the couch and dip as my activity.

Anyway I'm on day 4, and I still smell it, and talking about it makes my mouth water.  We're building a house and living with my parents right now, and my dad dips which makes it harder because at any time I could walk to the drawer he keeps his dip in and take one out, but I've held off so far.  I woke up at 3AM this morning in a daze and almost raided the drawer to get a dip and stay up for an hour thinking about how great it tastes, but I managed to hold off and fell back asleep.

Not sure where to go from here as far as posting in groups, or even if I'm in the right place, but it feels good to say all this.
Byoo
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 11:42:14 AM by Sand44 »