Author Topic: Nic free for 36 days, anxiety/low mood  (Read 5300 times)

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1529
Re: Nic free for 36 days, anxiety/low mood
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 01:05:45 PM »
Hey guys, I'm really glad i found this site and forum.
I'm 29 years old and have used nicotine on and off for about 10 years. I now have a beautiful 1.4 year old baby boy that i love more than i could ever think and who's probably fueling most of my motivation to be a better and healthier person. I haven't actually used dip before, my nicotine addiction came mostly from very strong snus and occasional sigaret smoking. Tried to quit many times, but haven't been too serious about it and ofc i failed. Last quit was about a year ago when i tried to quit my daily or rather nightly(very small amounts tho) cannabis use and nicotine at the same time. I was really miserable and had a lot of anxiety, worrying about mental health and same kind of symptoms like i have now, but i was sure it was from cannabis use rather than a nicotine and started using snus again in the process of it.  This time i didn't even plan to to it, but in the place i live the snus isn't actually sold in shops, you have to order it from Sweden or buy from "dealers" and i just ran out. None of my friends had any and i thought that maybe its time to quit from it, no big deal I have to do it someday anyway so why not now. Oh how wrong i was, it hit me like a freakin train - really bad mood swings, anxiety and feelings of absolutely no joy or positive thoughts. I had seen the new Joker movie a few days before i quit and i heard the "all i have is negative thoughts" quote in my head constantly for a week or more, also i googled every crazy theory that came in my mind like maybe i have schizophrenia because it felt like I'm really losing my mind. Before the quit I usually drank a lot of coffee and some energy drinks and was still low key drowsy through the day but no sleep issues, actually i could easily sleep after a big cup of coffee. But long story short, I'm 36 days clean now and it has been pretty terrible so far, but I'm never going back to nicotine after i felt what it was doing with my mind. I have pretty much no cravings even tho guys at work are doing snus and teasing me with it, i only have hate for the nicotine. The thing i struggle most with is an feeling of dread and thoughts that this anxiety will never go away, i think it has gone a little better, i already can tell that I'm not going to lose my mind... at least not completely... i hope  ;D but I'm still feeling anxious most of the day and constantly fighting with anxious thoughts. During these withdrawals i think i have eaten the most healthy diet filled with mostly foods that i have googled to boost mood and to be healthiest. I'm not feeling hungry most of the day but i just eat 4 times to ensure that i have the best nutrition to help me get over with this shit. I also play basketball about 3 times a week and started to swim or lift weights on the off nights from basketball just to keep doing something other than worrying about my mental health all the time. I think my weight haven't changed, maybe i have lost a little bit. I don't feel love for the things i usually did -  like music and being good at basketball. I am not anxious in social situations or when I'm doing something intense but its pretty bad when I'm alone or at work because i have a pretty plain and boring job that doesn't keep my mind busy. So that's me and this is my final quit from nicotine 8)
Nice job making it 36 days so far! Proud to quit with you!
@Indrek
We have quitters from all over the world here.  I too used to order my snus from Sweden back before you could buy it here in the US.  I would order Jakobson by the sleeve.  Proud to have you here and looking forward to having you part of KTC.  Be active and it will help you get through the tough times.
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 01:39:38 AM »
I'm 29 years old and have used nicotine on and off for about 10 years. I now have a beautiful 1.4 year old baby boy that i love more than i could ever think and who's probably fueling most of my motivation to be a better and healthier person. I haven't actually used dip before, my nicotine addiction came mostly from very strong snus and occasional sigaret smoking. Tried to quit many times, but haven't been too serious about it and ofc i failed. Last quit was about a year ago when i tried to quit my daily or rather nightly(very small amounts tho) cannabis use and nicotine at the same time. I was really miserable and had a lot of anxiety, worrying about mental health and same kind of symptoms like i have now, but i was sure it was from cannabis use rather than a nicotine and started using snus again in the process of it.  This time i didn't even plan to to it, but in the place i live the snus isn't actually sold in shops, you have to order it from Sweden or buy from "dealers" and i just ran out. None of my friends had any and i thought that maybe its time to quit from it, no big deal I have to do it someday anyway so why not now. Oh how wrong i was, it hit me like a freakin train - really bad mood swings, anxiety and feelings of absolutely no joy or positive thoughts. I had seen the new Joker movie a few days before i quit and i heard the "all i have is negative thoughts" quote in my head constantly for a week or more, also i googled every crazy theory that came in my mind like maybe i have schizophrenia because it felt like I'm really losing my mind. Before the quit I usually drank a lot of coffee and some energy drinks and was still low key drowsy through the day but no sleep issues, actually i could easily sleep after a big cup of coffee. But long story short, I'm 36 days clean now and it has been pretty terrible so far, but I'm never going back to nicotine after i felt what it was doing with my mind. I have pretty much no cravings even tho guys at work are doing snus and teasing me with it, i only have hate for the nicotine. The thing i struggle most with is an feeling of dread and thoughts that this anxiety will never go away, i think it has gone a little better, i already can tell that I'm not going to lose my mind... at least not completely... i hope  ;D but I'm still feeling anxious most of the day and constantly fighting with anxious thoughts. During these withdrawals i think i have eaten the most healthy diet filled with mostly foods that i have googled to boost mood and to be healthiest. I'm not feeling hungry most of the day but i just eat 4 times to ensure that i have the best nutrition to help me get over with this shit. I also play basketball about 3 times a week and started to swim or lift weights on the off nights from basketball just to keep doing something other than worrying about my mental health all the time. I think my weight haven't changed, maybe i have lost a little bit. I don't feel love for the things i usually did -  like music and being good at basketball. I am not anxious in social situations or when I'm doing something intense but its pretty bad when I'm alone or at work because i have a pretty plain and boring job that doesn't keep my mind busy. So that's me and this is my final quit from nicotine 8)
Nice job making it 36 days so far! Proud to quit with you!

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 01:00:55 AM »
@Indrek
Welcome! I’m a member of your February group.
Now that you have made your promise to remain nicotine free for the rest of today, all you have to do is keep your promise, come back every morning and repeat the process.

The Process is simple:

1. Wake Up
2. Piss
3. Post your promise (WUPP)
4. Keep your word
5. Repeat Daily

We quit one day at a time (ODAAT).  We don't worry about tomorrow or next week or next year.  We can't do anything about those until they get here, all we can control is today and today when you post roll- you have made your promise.

Start exchanging phone numbers with other quitters in your group here and some vets as well, through personal message only, not the forum. Those numbers are instant access to support if you need it and they are the start of your wall of accountability and brotherhood.

Check your private message box for a message from me.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 01:04:04 AM by ankape »

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 12:11:11 AM »
Welcome.

If you quit 36 days ago, you’re a member of the February Quit Group: https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15988.0

Go there and learn to post roll. By posting roll, you make a promise to remain nicotine free for one day. Go back and make the same promise each day. That’s how we stay quit.

Offline Indrek

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 51
Nic free for 36 days, anxiety/low mood
« on: November 30, 2019, 06:14:56 PM »