Author Topic: day 3  (Read 188670 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: day 3
« Reply #148 on: October 04, 2018, 06:40:23 PM »
8:23 PM - Sep 25, 2013 #153

I must apologize for my minimal contact with the site directly for the last few days/weeks. I have not missed roll, I have missed supporting my brothers and sisters of each group and working the intro threads. I will not offer any excuses I will be making a conscience effort to make my presence known here every week day for sure. I have not been holding up my end of support and paying it forward and back. I am back so be ready those of you in the hurt vagina camp (er dvm) I will start with my old approach hard and direct.
:wub:
Trauma

9:12 PM - Sep 25, 2013 #154

Every now and then you got to relax on the front porch my friend. Take a look at where you came from and where you are. I've learned this recently (aj). Your presence on the intros is always appreciated by serious quitters. Others not so much. Glad to be quit with you.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #147 on: October 04, 2018, 06:39:40 PM »
8:23 PM - Sep 25, 2013 #153

I must apologize for my minimal contact with the site directly for the last few days/weeks. I have not missed roll, I have missed supporting my brothers and sisters of each group and working the intro threads. I will not offer any excuses I will be making a conscience effort to make my presence known here every week day for sure. I have not been holding up my end of support and paying it forward and back. I am back so be ready those of you in the hurt vagina camp (er dvm) I will start with my old approach hard and direct.
:wub:
Trauma
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #146 on: October 04, 2018, 06:33:05 PM »
8:15 PM - Sep 25, 2013 #152

quit on you fucks... I called this one from the road about a month or two ago. I am with OIB that's why I carry his tag. IDK what to do I to keep this pack going. I find it weird I feel closer to Aug and Sept and other groups than my own. I got my peeps I keep close in my group but not many. Someday when the rest of the group gets their heads out of their asses PM me or answer in my thread I don't care whats the most that's gonna happen get 10 posts in my thread I welcome it.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #145 on: October 04, 2018, 06:30:57 PM »
2:24 PM - Sep 19, 2013 #144

I have been having an incident/event play over in my mind since the beginning of July. I was at a waterpark with my son and noticed several native males were there too with fresh chest wounds. I asked one did you just do the Sundance he replied yes. I don't know if everyone is familiar with the Sundance but the short n dirty version is you pierce the chest skin all the way through insert a stick or eagle talons through the hole and attach ropes to them that are tied to a tree or pole. In some native cultures that do the Sundance you have to tear the sticks out of your chest by leaning back until the skin rips. Well anyway I noticed an older man with them and he had a washcloth hanging out of his mouth. I got closer and I figured out what it was. He had his jaw removed from cancer.

He was proud enough of his heritage and could tolerate extreme pain but could not muster enough strength to quit chewing. He was still dipping and going down the slides with a washcloth in his mouth to keep in the dip and cover his gaping hole aka a mouth.

To this day I cannot get rid of the image it just makes me want to puke. I started gaging just typing this. If that image isn't enough to keep you quit I don't know what is.

2:47 PM - Sep 19, 2013 #145

Good God, in heaven. Unreal.

Never again bro. Never.
Proud to quit with you dude...

7:51 PM - Sep 19, 2013 #147

That is a crazy visual. I feel ill thinking about it. Quittin takes some guts and is not meant for the faint of heart. You got to want this thing... If you don't quit, then you could end up at a water park with no face and a hanky jammed in your piehole. Don't end up with a hanky jammed in ur pinhole. Get rid of ur dip and stay quit!

8:28 AM - Sep 20, 2013 #148

Wow .. That is one hell of an image. No wonder it haunts you. My guess as to the difference.... He had his brothers around him, supporting him, and going through the ceremony with him. When it came to quitting, he was alone. The brotherhood here is what saves us.

8:58 AM - Sep 20, 2013 #149

Great observation from the story I didn't think of it that way. Maybe with this observation I can get this image to subside a bit. Quit w you today Slim

7:54 AM - Sep 21, 2013 #150

Wow trauma. What a powerful image to have in your head. Stuff like that only strengthens our Quit. Thank you for sharing that story. That's one hell of a visual. Never again my friends. Proud to be quit with all of you.

8:06 AM - Sep 21, 2013 #151

It is easy some days now to forget how we were all totally enslaved to that poison weed, but this is a great reminder of how hard it was to earn our freedom, and that we are all $5 and a bad decision away from being right back into that situation... I wish you had gotten a picture of that poor soul b/c a little bit of puke in your mouth is a great crave killer..

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #144 on: October 04, 2018, 06:28:39 PM »

I have been having an incident/event play over in my mind since the beginning of July. I was at a waterpark with my son and noticed several native males were there too with fresh chest wounds. I asked one did you just do the Sundance he replied yes. I don't know if everyone is familiar with the Sundance but the short n dirty version is you pierce the chest skin all the way through insert a stick or eagle talons through the hole and attach ropes to them that are tied to a tree or pole. In some native cultures that do the Sundance you have to tear the sticks out of your chest by leaning back until the skin rips. Well anyway I noticed an older man with them and he had a washcloth hanging out of his mouth. I got closer and I figured out what it was. He had his jaw removed from cancer.

He was proud enough of his heritage and could tolerate extreme pain but could not muster enough strength to quit chewing. He was still dipping and going down the slides with a washcloth in his mouth to keep in the dip and cover his gaping hole aka a mouth.

To this day I cannot get rid of the image it just makes me want to puke. I started gaging just typing this. If that image isn't enough to keep you quit I don't know what is.

Never again bro. Never.

That is a crazy visual. I feel ill thinking about it. Quittin takes some guts and is not meant for the faint of heart. You got to want this thing... If you don't quit, then you could end up at a water park with no face and a hanky jammed in your piehole. Don't end up with a hanky jammed in ur pinhole. Get rid of ur dip and stay quit!

Wow .. That is one hell of an image. No wonder it haunts you. My guess as to the difference.... He had his brothers around him, supporting him, and going through the ceremony with him. When it came to quitting, he was alone. The brotherhood here is what saves us.

Great observation from the story I didn't think of it that way. Maybe with this observation I can get this image to subside a bit. Quit w you today Slim

7:54 AM - Sep 21, 2013 #150

Wow trauma. What a powerful image to have in your head. Stuff like that only strengthens our Quit. Thank you for sharing that story. That's one hell of a visual. Never again my friends. Proud to be quit with all of you.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #143 on: October 04, 2018, 06:27:56 PM »

Never again bro. Never.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #142 on: October 04, 2018, 06:27:04 PM »

Never again bro. Never.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2018, 06:25:07 PM »

Never again bro. Never.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2018, 06:24:14 PM »
6:13 PM - Sep 19, 2013 #146

Wow that's an incredible story! really hits home, I couldn't imagine the visual

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #139 on: October 04, 2018, 06:23:39 PM »

Never again bro. Never.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2018, 06:22:46 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2018, 06:18:02 PM »
wrote:
"Hey bro can I get a ride tomorrow?  My truck broke down and I need a ride in a real truck!  It's hard for me to admit that but Its time to be honest.  My truck lowers my masculinity and I need to be seen riding in a truck that makes a statement.  I am sorry for all the times that I have tried to talk trash about your truck, it was just because I was jealous of what you drive.  I am ready to own my failures and admit that your truck is superior to mine.  So.... can I have a ride?  I need to actually be able to leave my drive way....
 wrote:
Yes trauma I will give you a ride! I am glad that you have chosen to be honest and admit that you have a weak truck! It takes a big man. Ill pick you up at 8
 wrote:
Oh lord I have seen it all now someone has gone to great lengths to pretend they are me I do not blame you Jake I can see why you wanna be me

7:06 PM - Sep 12, 2013 #140

I wish I had the integrity to admit to others what you just admitted to me. You truly are a man of honesty and self awareness! I admire that about you!

1:01 AM - Sep 13, 2013 #141

Wow Jake, i can see how much work you are putting into KTC these days. With all you are doing as a train conductor it is impressive to se you take the time to help a fello brother. Keep up the good work and maybe one day you can save Trauma.

4:20 AM - Sep 13, 2013 #142

I do what I can..... he is admitting his shortcomings, that's the first step. I recomended a site for him KTD..... " kill the dodge".... 'crackup'

6:03 AM - Sep 13, 2013 #143

Well done Jake. If either of you need my Ford to tow you to your next destination please let me know.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #136 on: October 04, 2018, 06:17:08 PM »
wrote:
"Hey bro can I get a ride tomorrow?  My truck broke down and I need a ride in a real truck!  It's hard for me to admit that but Its time to be honest.  My truck lowers my masculinity and I need to be seen riding in a truck that makes a statement.  I am sorry for all the times that I have tried to talk trash about your truck, it was just because I was jealous of what you drive.  I am ready to own my failures and admit that your truck is superior to mine.  So.... can I have a ride?  I need to actually be able to leave my drive way....
 wrote:
Yes trauma I will give you a ride! I am glad that you have chosen to be honest and admit that you have a weak truck! It takes a big man. Ill pick you up at 8
 wrote:
Oh lord I have seen it all now someone has gone to great lengths to pretend they are me I do not blame you Jake I can see why you wanna be me

I wish I had the integrity to admit to others what you just admitted to me. You truly are a man of honesty and self awareness! I admire that about you!

Wow Jake, i can see how much work you are putting into KTC these days. With all you are doing as a train conductor it is impressive to se you take the time to help a fello brother. Keep up the good work and maybe one day you can save Trauma.

4:20 AM - Sep 13, 2013 #142

I do what I can..... he is admitting his shortcomings, that's the first step. I recomended a site for him KTD..... " kill the dodge".... 'crackup'

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2018, 06:16:22 PM »
wrote:
 wrote:
 wrote:

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2018, 06:14:48 PM »
 wrote:
 wrote:
 wrote:

MY HOF speech