Author Topic: day 3  (Read 188822 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: day 3
« Reply #178 on: October 04, 2018, 07:23:48 PM »
10:31 AM - Dec 06, 2013 #175

I wasn't going to add to my thread until I stacked a enough +1's to get me to 250 of them, but in light of recent developments I want to add a few things.

Yesterday was a suck day for me on several levels but I knew I was ok, the biggest reason was that I grabbed my fone within seconds of my eyes popping open and posted roll with the site and my horsemen. What that does is promise ME first and for most that I will not use. It then alerts my brothers/sisters that I will not use. I also knew that within seconds of me having something thrown at me that I could not handle alone all I had to do is take that same tool I used to give my promise and start dumping out texts and replies would be on the way.

Ya see here people that is how this site works it is made very simple so that everyone can grasp the idea. There is another component and that is that you have to put in the work to YOUR quits. You have to believe one in yourself that when the crave comes that you cant handle that you still have the presence of mind to pull the trigger. Two this is critical you have to change your mindset without a mindset change then you are only stopping. There is no better more basic approach than the ScoDaddy Theorem.

1 problem+nicotine=2 problems

No amount of nicotine will make any problem any better we have seen it time and time again. As the theorem postulates it gets worse. Jake this is here for you. None of your problems issues whatever you want to call them got better. I bet you wish you would have picked your fone up now and just took 3 seconds to send a text. You have created a huge shit storm for yourself.

Anotherr term I keep seeing tossed around here is addict...yes we are all addicts. That should be as far as that label crutch what have you gets used. Once it is identified that you are an addict that's all IMO that it should ever get to be used again. Once identified by self or group then every step should be made to prevent/correct the behavior or there was really no purpose in identifying being an addict. If the behavior continues then all previous was a waste of energy and does nothing more than perpetuate the cycle. Change is what stops the cycle.

I know this is wordy but guess what it is my thread.

10:35 AM - Dec 06, 2013 #176

Giddy up bro.

10:55 AM - Dec 06, 2013 #177

Agree with it all

10:56 AM - Dec 06, 2013 #178

I'm with you Todd!

11:11 AM - Dec 06, 2013 #179

Ride on!

11:17 AM - Dec 06, 2013 #180

Well said brother!

11:38 AM - Dec 06, 2013 #181

Straight up bro! I like your comment that every quitter needs to put in the "work". Just because you joined KTC does not make you quit... nothing in your quit will be given to you. You got to work it daily and you got to earn it EDD! Post roll, keep your word. Quit with you all day!

11:42 AM - Dec 06, 2013 #182

well said Trauma! :wub:

11:45 AM - Dec 06, 2013 #183

Those are some mighty fine quiten words right there. 'ODT'

2:05 PM - Dec 06, 2013 #184

Wordy and spot fuckin' on!!!
Great stuff traumagnet!
Cheers.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2018, 07:22:46 PM »

I wasn't going to add to my thread until I stacked a enough +1's to get me to 250 of them, but in light of recent developments I want to add a few things.

Yesterday was a suck day for me on several levels but I knew I was ok, the biggest reason was that I grabbed my fone within seconds of my eyes popping open and posted roll with the site and my horsemen. What that does is promise ME first and for most that I will not use. It then alerts my brothers/sisters that I will not use. I also knew that within seconds of me having something thrown at me that I could not handle alone all I had to do is take that same tool I used to give my promise and start dumping out texts and replies would be on the way.

Ya see here people that is how this site works it is made very simple so that everyone can grasp the idea. There is another component and that is that you have to put in the work to YOUR quits. You have to believe one in yourself that when the crave comes that you cant handle that you still have the presence of mind to pull the trigger. Two this is critical you have to change your mindset without a mindset change then you are only stopping. There is no better more basic approach than the ScoDaddy Theorem.

No amount of nicotine will make any problem any better we have seen it time and time again. As the theorem postulates it gets worse. Jake this is here for you. None of your problems issues whatever you want to call them got better. I bet you wish you would have picked your fone up now and just took 3 seconds to send a text. You have created a huge shit storm for yourself.

Anotherr term I keep seeing tossed around here is addict...yes we are all addicts. That should be as far as that label crutch what have you gets used. Once it is identified that you are an addict that's all IMO that it should ever get to be used again. Once identified by self or group then every step should be made to prevent/correct the behavior or there was really no purpose in identifying being an addict. If the behavior continues then all previous was a waste of energy and does nothing more than perpetuate the cycle. Change is what stops the cycle.

Giddy up bro.

Agree with it all

I'm with you Todd!

Ride on!

Well said brother!

Straight up bro! I like your comment that every quitter needs to put in the "work". Just because you joined KTC does not make you quit... nothing in your quit will be given to you. You got to work it daily and you got to earn it EDD! Post roll, keep your word. Quit with you all day!

11:45 AM - Dec 06, 2013 #183

Those are some mighty fine quiten words right there. 'ODT'
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2018, 07:21:24 PM »

Giddy up bro.

Agree with it all

I'm with you Todd!

Ride on!

Well said brother!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2018, 07:20:19 PM »

Giddy up bro.

Agree with it all

I'm with you Todd!

Ride on!

Well said brother!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2018, 07:19:31 PM »

Giddy up bro.

Agree with it all

I'm with you Todd!

Ride on!

Well said brother!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2018, 07:18:17 PM »

Giddy up bro.

Agree with it all

I'm with you Todd!

Ride on!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2018, 07:17:37 PM »

Giddy up bro.

Agree with it all

I'm with you Todd!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2018, 07:16:44 PM »

Giddy up bro.

Agree with it all

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2018, 07:07:50 PM »

Giddy up bro.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2018, 07:05:53 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2018, 07:04:50 PM »

Unread post
  18 Apr 2013, 11:57 #1
Still in dip fog things dont seem to go in and come out of my brain as smooth as they did when I was chewing. I will keep pushing past. I got through the body aches and head aches just have to do things without dip. This whole process really pisses me off I had quit for 3 years once then for years then 6 mos and here I am again. Day 3... this time I looked for a group to belong to lets hope this works I want it to for a variety of reasons mostly noticeable health changes.

6:11 PM - Oct 31, 2013 #166

Well, trauma, you made it past the fog. Your health is improving. You postcand support others every day. You are the gold standard for ktc - you give and in return you grow.

Thank you for all that you have done for me and for so many others. I know I'm a few hours early, but congratulations on hitting 200! Life gets even better from here! I'll quit with you tomorrow!

7:44 PM - Oct 31, 2013 #167

Congrats brother! You are an inspiration and one of the men here I look up too. Well done on 200!

8:46 PM - Oct 31, 2013 #168

Trauma congrats on kicking the nic bitch's ass for 200 straight days. You really are an asset to this site. Keep killin it brother.

6:24 AM - Nov 01, 2013 #169

oh gawd thanks for bumping that up W2W that was on sad sack typing that in his thread. I would not be here today if it wasn't for the guys and gals that have come before me paving the way and my peeps pushing me. Push pull pay it forward and back. Thanks to each and everyone of you wow 200 not much more to say. QLF EDD!

8:55 PM - Nov 01, 2013 #174

Nice work Trauma!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2018, 07:04:01 PM »
4:29 PM - Nov 01, 2013 #173

Nice work trauma. :)

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2018, 07:02:52 PM »
1:50 PM - Nov 01, 2013 #172

200 is some great quittin bro! Keep er rollin. Proud to be quit with you all day long!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2018, 06:55:50 PM »
7:45 AM - Nov 01, 2013 #171

200, way to go stud!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2018, 06:55:25 PM »
6:40 AM - Nov 01, 2013 #170

Awesome job on 200. Keep paving the way brother.

MY HOF speech