Author Topic: day 3  (Read 188325 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: day 3
« Reply #328 on: October 19, 2018, 04:50:46 PM »
7:46 AM - Nov 26, 2014 #332

I just received great feedback from my talk with the hockey players....apparently I rattled a few of them with the use of the word ADDICT....they did not associate using tobacco was an addiction in turn makes them an addict. They didn't like that word being tied to them. They also liked hearing the story of an ex user and that it can be done. Well now that their cages have been rattled let's see if they can find their way to the light and be set free.

If any of you get the opportunity to give your story do it. You might reach one and that's what we do here save one ass at a time!

7:55 AM - Nov 26, 2014 #333

Way to pay it forward TM!

9:38 AM - Nov 26, 2014 #334

Good work Trauma. Now you'll see if any of those Hockey players are truly Tough.

10:24 AM - Nov 26, 2014 #335

Nice stick work friend.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #327 on: October 19, 2018, 04:50:06 PM »

I just received great feedback from my talk with the hockey players....apparently I rattled a few of them with the use of the word ADDICT....they did not associate using tobacco was an addiction in turn makes them an addict. They didn't like that word being tied to them. They also liked hearing the story of an ex user and that it can be done. Well now that their cages have been rattled let's see if they can find their way to the light and be set free.

If any of you get the opportunity to give your story do it. You might reach one and that's what we do here save one ass at a time!

9:38 AM - Nov 26, 2014 #334

Good work Trauma. Now you'll see if any of those Hockey players are truly Tough.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #326 on: October 19, 2018, 04:49:22 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #325 on: October 19, 2018, 04:48:44 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #324 on: October 19, 2018, 04:48:17 PM »
10:15 AM - Nov 24, 2014 #330

Moved what I was saying to my thread out of respect for Shawn's thread.

Srans was the first to call me and speak to me personally and for that I will always be indebted to him. He found me in the fog and talked to me. I was convinced that this site was bot run until he called. Srans taking the time and making the call made a believer out of me that KTC is real. Anyone that followed my quit can attest I was a hot mess I didn't post roll right until about 15 days in when my brother quiet Quit had to point out to me that he had been fixing my roll daily and he was fed up. I believe it was 30 that found a roll post of mine in July 10 and fixed it for me. I had no idea Fleas was a real person, that WP wasn't just a scary mask avatar (everyone knows WP is much more that a scary masked AV) and the many other people who reached out were real in the beginning. Srans was there to guide me...so I will not and cannot bad mouth him I owe the man my life he was the guy that helped me see the light.

Do I agree/disagree with his choice not for me to decide. Did I talk to him prior to his departure yes... is he a grown man yes, has been given the tools, used the tools and has been able to pass on how to use them to countless others yes. I don't have to like his decision but what I will do is RESPECT his decision.

My bitch is that his thread was stagnant dormant for 3 months then dug up and put on display. If the motive was really out of concern then why not exhaust every attempt to contact the individual or contact a mod or admin and express your concern. Then Srans came back to give an explanation and then the dog piling began. The man that has invested so much into so many people that are quit here today because of him gave his reasons. We don't have to like them but brow beating him isn't going to bring him back...plenty that was said could have gone to the battleground, PM or since SRANS wasn't afraid to give his number out texted him or call him if the gesture was really about concern.

This is how I see it at the end of the day if we are not really working to get to a place where we can enjoy being quit and stand alone even for a short time then are we really quit. There is a huge difference between being truly quit and white knuckling it. Addiction book after addiction book will tell you that if you are not working to change your mindset to understand what addiction is and educate yourself as much as you can about the what when why how, then you are just white knuckling it which is nothing more than a rough ass painful stoppage. I know I will probably take heat for this post but this is my thread hit the back button if you don't like it.

If you don't use the confidence that you gained or should have gained from your quit to be a springboard to accomplish other things in your life then what was the point. If you don't get any enjoyment out of be quit then what was the point. I have used the confidence from being quit to quit drinking, get my mind right, drop pounds and do the best I can to pass it on. Anyone can be a superstar on a keyboard but to apply it real world is different. When you have real eyeballs staring back at you with real questions coming in when you observe the nonverbal communication that's a whole different pony show. Rambling now so I will just post this.

My HOF speech

11:58 AM - Nov 24, 2014 #331

Well at least we know what happened to him. Better than nobody giving a shit and just letting his memory fade into oblivion. Does he deserve additional respect for leaving KTC? Should we be throwing him a KTC retirement party? Is there a retirement timeline here? Seriously, is there a point in your/our quits when it is okay to leave KTC, and depending upon whether or not you helped others you are allowed to leave without being questioned? God I hope not. I don't even think it was a dogpile. It was just questioning. Where the fuck is he and why the fuck did he leave? Is he still quit? Is he alive? Do we still have to express care for his quit when he says he's not coming back? Are we allowed to express an opinion? If it pisses us off, is that okay, and can we say so?

These are all rhetorical questions.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #323 on: October 19, 2018, 04:46:56 PM »
10:15 AM - Nov 24, 2014 #330

Moved what I was saying to my thread out of respect for Shawn's thread.

Srans was the first to call me and speak to me personally and for that I will always be indebted to him. He found me in the fog and talked to me. I was convinced that this site was bot run until he called. Srans taking the time and making the call made a believer out of me that KTC is real. Anyone that followed my quit can attest I was a hot mess I didn't post roll right until about 15 days in when my brother quiet Quit had to point out to me that he had been fixing my roll daily and he was fed up. I believe it was 30 that found a roll post of mine in July 10 and fixed it for me. I had no idea Fleas was a real person, that WP wasn't just a scary mask avatar (everyone knows WP is much more that a scary masked AV) and the many other people who reached out were real in the beginning. Srans was there to guide me...so I will not and cannot bad mouth him I owe the man my life he was the guy that helped me see the light.

Do I agree/disagree with his choice not for me to decide. Did I talk to him prior to his departure yes... is he a grown man yes, has been given the tools, used the tools and has been able to pass on how to use them to countless others yes. I don't have to like his decision but what I will do is RESPECT his decision.

My bitch is that his thread was stagnant dormant for 3 months then dug up and put on display. If the motive was really out of concern then why not exhaust every attempt to contact the individual or contact a mod or admin and express your concern. Then Srans came back to give an explanation and then the dog piling began. The man that has invested so much into so many people that are quit here today because of him gave his reasons. We don't have to like them but brow beating him isn't going to bring him back...plenty that was said could have gone to the battleground, PM or since SRANS wasn't afraid to give his number out texted him or call him if the gesture was really about concern.

This is how I see it at the end of the day if we are not really working to get to a place where we can enjoy being quit and stand alone even for a short time then are we really quit. There is a huge difference between being truly quit and white knuckling it. Addiction book after addiction book will tell you that if you are not working to change your mindset to understand what addiction is and educate yourself as much as you can about the what when why how, then you are just white knuckling it which is nothing more than a rough ass painful stoppage. I know I will probably take heat for this post but this is my thread hit the back button if you don't like it.

If you don't use the confidence that you gained or should have gained from your quit to be a springboard to accomplish other things in your life then what was the point. If you don't get any enjoyment out of be quit then what was the point. I have used the confidence from being quit to quit drinking, get my mind right, drop pounds and do the best I can to pass it on. Anyone can be a superstar on a keyboard but to apply it real world is different. When you have real eyeballs staring back at you with real questions coming in when you observe the nonverbal communication that's a whole different pony show. Rambling now so I will just post this.

My HOF speech

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #322 on: October 19, 2018, 04:44:31 PM »
6:25 AM - Sep 15, 2014 #304

Today I feel like a Quitoris! haahha I hope someone laughed

6:30 AM - Sep 15, 2014 #305

So that's why I can't find you.

7:22 AM - Sep 15, 2014 #306

Both you guys cracked me up allright!

9:41 PM - Oct 22, 2014 #318

Need I say more?

2:10 PM - Oct 23, 2014 #319

Nope

9:40 PM - Oct 23, 2014 #320

Trauma, you crack me up.

10:15 AM - Oct 24, 2014 #321

hmmmm 'archer' Now I know where my chaps went

12:40 PM - Oct 24, 2014 #322

whats a little quitoris among friends

1:43 PM - Oct 24, 2014 #323

You still driving that purple jeep traums?

1:50 PM - Oct 24, 2014 #324

No I drive a manly Hyundai but purple like a helmet...ahahah

2:39 PM - Oct 24, 2014 #325

I am calling BullShit...he drives a faded piss yellow Le Car

3:30 PM - Oct 24, 2014 #326

shit no that is Eruss that drives a yellow pseudo man rig. N that is enough out you Mr Torn CAC

7:07 AM - Nov 13, 2014 #328

I drive a yellow moped but my helmet is green not purple, however I do sometimes where a purple tie that flaps in the wind.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #321 on: October 19, 2018, 04:43:35 PM »
9:51 AM - Nov 11, 2014 #327

Hello everyone Nolaq has posted a Veterans Day post in the wildcard section under "Sound OFF" come one come all and post up vets nonvets whomever we are all brothers and sisters here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #320 on: October 19, 2018, 04:43:04 PM »

Need I say more?

Nope

Trauma, you crack me up.

3:30 PM - Oct 24, 2014 #326

shit no that is Eruss that drives a yellow pseudo man rig. N that is enough out you Mr Torn CAC

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #319 on: October 19, 2018, 04:42:09 PM »

Need I say more?

Nope

Trauma, you crack me up.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #318 on: October 19, 2018, 04:41:28 PM »

Need I say more?

Nope

Trauma, you crack me up.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #317 on: October 19, 2018, 04:40:44 PM »

Need I say more?

Nope

Trauma, you crack me up.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #316 on: October 19, 2018, 04:40:02 PM »

Need I say more?

Nope

Trauma, you crack me up.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #315 on: October 19, 2018, 04:38:57 PM »

Need I say more?

Nope

Trauma, you crack me up.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #314 on: October 19, 2018, 04:38:10 PM »

Need I say more?

Nope

Trauma, you crack me up.

MY HOF speech