Author Topic: day 3  (Read 188423 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: day 3
« Reply #403 on: October 19, 2018, 06:14:05 PM »
10:03 AM - Mar 26, 2015 #410

Another daily prayer sent, bro.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #402 on: October 19, 2018, 06:13:34 PM »
8:14 AM - Mar 23, 2015 #394

Ode to A Brother

A week or so ago my pond got a ripple,
Today that brother is in need of prayer.
Because of KTC our paths crossed.
I thank you for being another layer.

You are a man of very few words,
When you do talk it is direct and insight.
I want you to know that I am here,
Hell we are all here and ready to fight.

Cancer sucks that is no lie,
But you sir are one bad sum bitch.
As you know failure is not an option,
Let's get rid of cancer and leave her in the ditch.

If I had a magic wand I would use it,
To make all pain and disease go away.
Since I don't I offer you my prayers,
And all of my faith in you this day.

You have too much left to give,
A family and quitters that need you.
You are a friend and brother we need,
I look forward to your post tomorrow too.

Get well Todd,
We are all here.
You are a rock,
And we all care.

2:49 AM - Mar 25, 2015 #404

Thanks Pinched totally dig this post. Just wanted to express my appreciation for all the kind words and prayers that have been being sent up gotta say they have been working I am two days ahead of schedule. They have not seen someone recover so quickly I attribute it to the amount of support that I have received from my brothers and sisters here on this site as well as friends and family that have poured in from everywhere.

They found a tumor about the size of a golf ball/walnut just passed the junction between the small and large intestine. They had to remove about a foot and a half due to the blood supply that supports the large colon so they have to take the colon until the next major arterial branch. They were able to do it all laproscopically which is another reason why I am so far ahead of schedule for discharge. It appeared to the surgeons that the tumor had eroded through the wall of the colon and pissed a few lymph nodes off. They are going to do all kinds of testing on it to isolate exactly what kind of tumor it is also they are gonna do a genetic test on it to see if its in my DNA if so my sons will have to start being tested at 38 ten years before they found it on me. They drill down on what type of tumor it is and select the most effective form of chemo. My case will be presented next Wed at tumor board to lay out a treatment plan for me. I cannot express my gratitude for how well I have been treated here at the Fargo VA I have not met on dick head here. They all wanna be here to work with vets. Apparently I have been on the radar of quite a few providers that have been studying my case since they got wind that they got a cancer hit on the 13 MAR 15.

I cant stress enough how important it is to get your colonoscopy if you are due for one or you are having issues. They caught mine early mine was a pickup by a Doctor that was on her game and saw the needle in the haystack and got me to do my colonoscopy I had no symptoms it was just a lab value that was out of wack. She saved my life early detection gives me a jump on this cancer so I can kick it to the curb and take care of this little detour on my way journey called life.

As for the members of this site I have said it before and I will say it again I could not be more proud to be part of this tight knit family of addicts that give so much and ask for little in return. I would like to say thank you to yall again from my wife and myself THANK YOU! Now lets go kick this cancer in the ass ODAAT!

7:23 AM - Mar 25, 2015 #405

Awesome news!

Sending continued good vibes, brother!

7:51 AM - Mar 25, 2015 #406

Way to stay strong! Glad to see you are staying in good spirits throughout the process. Sounds like the procedure and your recovery have exceeded expectations, and it really couldn't have gone any better. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts. Keep it up Trauma. You'll have cancer's ass kicked in no time!

1:51 PM - Mar 25, 2015 #407

Going to be selfish for one minute and then point something out for all you quitters to take note of. First off the display of brotherhood and kinship, topped by Pinch's poetic tribute is truly remarkable. Who thought that quitting addiction could grow into something this big? Through an Internet support site. Trauma's experience has made this all so real for me that I feel like my quit just elevated exponentially. That was my selfish note.

Now to point out the unparalleled badassery of Trauma. He posted roll the day of his surgery, and the day after his surgery. He just shared all the detail of his experience,...in real time none-the-less. Gratitude for showing us how it's done and making the meaning our quits more tangible in this virtual environment. With you every day bro in quit and watching you beat this.

~Steak

5:19 PM - Mar 25, 2015 #408

Glad the surgery went well. Keep battling Todd.

7:35 AM - Mar 26, 2015 #409

Stay strong, stay focused. Glad all is well and just wanted to add to the positivity for the fight ahead. You got this.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #401 on: October 19, 2018, 06:12:51 PM »

Ode to A Brother

Get well Todd,
We are all here.
You are a rock,
And we all care.

Thanks Pinched totally dig this post. Just wanted to express my appreciation for all the kind words and prayers that have been being sent up gotta say they have been working I am two days ahead of schedule. They have not seen someone recover so quickly I attribute it to the amount of support that I have received from my brothers and sisters here on this site as well as friends and family that have poured in from everywhere.

They found a tumor about the size of a golf ball/walnut just passed the junction between the small and large intestine. They had to remove about a foot and a half due to the blood supply that supports the large colon so they have to take the colon until the next major arterial branch. They were able to do it all laproscopically which is another reason why I am so far ahead of schedule for discharge. It appeared to the surgeons that the tumor had eroded through the wall of the colon and pissed a few lymph nodes off. They are going to do all kinds of testing on it to isolate exactly what kind of tumor it is also they are gonna do a genetic test on it to see if its in my DNA if so my sons will have to start being tested at 38 ten years before they found it on me. They drill down on what type of tumor it is and select the most effective form of chemo. My case will be presented next Wed at tumor board to lay out a treatment plan for me. I cannot express my gratitude for how well I have been treated here at the Fargo VA I have not met on dick head here. They all wanna be here to work with vets. Apparently I have been on the radar of quite a few providers that have been studying my case since they got wind that they got a cancer hit on the 13 MAR 15.

I cant stress enough how important it is to get your colonoscopy if you are due for one or you are having issues. They caught mine early mine was a pickup by a Doctor that was on her game and saw the needle in the haystack and got me to do my colonoscopy I had no symptoms it was just a lab value that was out of wack. She saved my life early detection gives me a jump on this cancer so I can kick it to the curb and take care of this little detour on my way journey called life.

As for the members of this site I have said it before and I will say it again I could not be more proud to be part of this tight knit family of addicts that give so much and ask for little in return. I would like to say thank you to yall again from my wife and myself THANK YOU! Now lets go kick this cancer in the ass ODAAT!

Awesome news!

Way to stay strong! Glad to see you are staying in good spirits throughout the process. Sounds like the procedure and your recovery have exceeded expectations, and it really couldn't have gone any better. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts. Keep it up Trauma. You'll have cancer's ass kicked in no time!

Going to be selfish for one minute and then point something out for all you quitters to take note of. First off the display of brotherhood and kinship, topped by Pinch's poetic tribute is truly remarkable. Who thought that quitting addiction could grow into something this big? Through an Internet support site. Trauma's experience has made this all so real for me that I feel like my quit just elevated exponentially. That was my selfish note.

Now to point out the unparalleled badassery of Trauma. He posted roll the day of his surgery, and the day after his surgery. He just shared all the detail of his experience,...in real time none-the-less. Gratitude for showing us how it's done and making the meaning our quits more tangible in this virtual environment. With you every day bro in quit and watching you beat this.

~Steak

5:19 PM - Mar 25, 2015 #408

Glad the surgery went well. Keep battling Todd.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #400 on: October 19, 2018, 06:12:15 PM »

Ode to A Brother

Get well Todd,
We are all here.
You are a rock,
And we all care.

Awesome news!

~Steak

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #399 on: October 19, 2018, 06:11:09 PM »

Ode to A Brother

Get well Todd,
We are all here.
You are a rock,
And we all care.

Awesome news!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #398 on: October 19, 2018, 06:10:38 PM »

Ode to A Brother

Get well Todd,
We are all here.
You are a rock,
And we all care.

Awesome news!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #397 on: October 19, 2018, 06:10:02 PM »

Ode to A Brother

Get well Todd,
We are all here.
You are a rock,
And we all care.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #396 on: October 19, 2018, 06:07:31 PM »
11:21 PM - Mar 23, 2015 #396

Up now slept most of the day...hurt like hell earlier...now not too bad did a few small maneuvers to get on the way to recovery...I stood on my hindlegs and was able to fog a mirror.

The amount of support that I have received today is awesome from this little clan. It brought tears to my eyes knowing how much each and everyone of took time out your days to say hey to a downed comrade.
Thank you
Trauma-708

6:00 AM - Mar 24, 2015 #397

Stay strong brother. Thinking and praying for you and your family today.

6:12 AM - Mar 24, 2015 #398

Amen brother, glad to hear you are up and about, be careful though chasing nurses can be hazardous to your health.

6:20 AM - Mar 24, 2015 #399

It's great to hear from you Trauma. We've all been pulling for you. Stay strong brother! I will continue to fight with you each and every day. My thoughts and prayers are with you today.

6:29 AM - Mar 24, 2015 #400

Continued prayers Bro.

8:42 AM - Mar 24, 2015 #401

Thoughts and prayers, Trau. Hang in there.

9:26 AM - Mar 24, 2015 #402

Definitely praying for you, bro.

10:08 AM - Mar 24, 2015 #403

Many prayers up for you Trauma! ODAAT we are with You.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #395 on: October 19, 2018, 06:06:55 PM »

Up now slept most of the day...hurt like hell earlier...now not too bad did a few small maneuvers to get on the way to recovery...I stood on my hindlegs and was able to fog a mirror.

The amount of support that I have received today is awesome from this little clan. It brought tears to my eyes knowing how much each and everyone of took time out your days to say hey to a downed comrade.
Thank you
Trauma-708

Amen brother, glad to hear you are up and about, be careful though chasing nurses can be hazardous to your health.

It's great to hear from you Trauma. We've all been pulling for you. Stay strong brother! I will continue to fight with you each and every day. My thoughts and prayers are with you today.

Continued prayers Bro.

9:26 AM - Mar 24, 2015 #402

Definitely praying for you, bro.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #394 on: October 19, 2018, 06:06:23 PM »

Thank you
Trauma-708

Continued prayers Bro.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #393 on: October 19, 2018, 06:03:27 PM »

Thank you
Trauma-708

Continued prayers Bro.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #392 on: October 19, 2018, 06:02:51 PM »

Thank you
Trauma-708

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #391 on: October 19, 2018, 06:01:50 PM »

Thank you
Trauma-708

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #390 on: October 19, 2018, 06:01:19 PM »

Thank you
Trauma-708

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #389 on: October 19, 2018, 06:00:46 PM »

Thank you
Trauma-708

MY HOF speech