Author Topic: day 3  (Read 188276 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: day 3
« Reply #418 on: October 19, 2018, 06:50:39 PM »
3:12 PM - Apr 04, 2015 #422

Quick update: I have been staged at Stage 4 colon cancer. I was classed at a 4 by definition alone, pathology only found 2 nodes out of 57 to be positive. I did have two other areas outside of the colon that have been removed they were located on the abdominal wall not an organ. So yes by definition it is a stage 4 a weak stage 4 IMO. It doesn't matter to me what number they called it I/WE are still going to kick it's ass. I am supposed to meet with my oncologist to talk treatment plan, what I know now is that I am going to be put on FLOFOX and I will be given that every 2 weeks for 44 hours at a time the number of cycles I am not sure about. I will know more after Friday. I will also have a port put in sometime. That is all with the technical jargon...

What I want most of all is to say thank you to all of you that have taken the time out of your busy days to drop a line in my thread or send me a text. I gather strength from each and every message I get they reinforce to me that I am far from alone in this battle. Please Please do not be offended if I didn't return an answer to each individual message or of if you think I forgot you rest assured it was by accident. I also cannot express enough how proud I am to belong to this group of men and women the amount of compassion that has been shown to my wife and I is not measureable.

I will sign out for now remember ODAAT and NAFAR enjoy your friends and families on this holy weekend.
Trauma out

4:20 PM - Apr 04, 2015 #423

Stay strong bro. Never underestimate the power of prayer and positive thinking.

Thoughts and prayers as you kick ass.

Quit on...

6:02 PM - Apr 04, 2015 #424

Dude, just take care of yourself. We don't need replies from you right now. JUST BEAT THAT CANCER BITCH INTO THE GROUND! Prayers up for Trauma.

5:43 AM - Apr 05, 2015 #425

Thanks for the updat. Remember that stage 4 is just a medical number. My mother beat stage 4 cancer. If she did it, I know you can do it. You are one tough mother! I'm here if you need anything. ODAAT!
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #417 on: October 19, 2018, 06:49:06 PM »

Quick update: I have been staged at Stage 4 colon cancer. I was classed at a 4 by definition alone, pathology only found 2 nodes out of 57 to be positive. I did have two other areas outside of the colon that have been removed they were located on the abdominal wall not an organ. So yes by definition it is a stage 4 a weak stage 4 IMO. It doesn't matter to me what number they called it I/WE are still going to kick it's ass. I am supposed to meet with my oncologist to talk treatment plan, what I know now is that I am going to be put on FLOFOX and I will be given that every 2 weeks for 44 hours at a time the number of cycles I am not sure about. I will know more after Friday. I will also have a port put in sometime. That is all with the technical jargon...

What I want most of all is to say thank you to all of you that have taken the time out of your busy days to drop a line in my thread or send me a text. I gather strength from each and every message I get they reinforce to me that I am far from alone in this battle. Please Please do not be offended if I didn't return an answer to each individual message or of if you think I forgot you rest assured it was by accident. I also cannot express enough how proud I am to belong to this group of men and women the amount of compassion that has been shown to my wife and I is not measureable.

I will sign out for now remember ODAAT and NAFAR enjoy your friends and families on this holy weekend.
Trauma out

Quit on...

6:02 PM - Apr 04, 2015 #424

Dude, just take care of yourself. We don't need replies from you right now. JUST BEAT THAT CANCER BITCH INTO THE GROUND! Prayers up for Trauma.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #416 on: October 19, 2018, 06:40:46 PM »

Trauma out

Quit on...

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #415 on: October 19, 2018, 06:40:06 PM »

Trauma out

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #414 on: October 19, 2018, 06:29:06 PM »
6:16 AM - Apr 03, 2015 #418

Just dropping in again to let you know we haven't forgotten about you brother. Keep strong.

6:03 PM - Apr 03, 2015 #419

This community is behind you in this battle 100%. You are a brother in this tribe. One day at a time, one battle at a time, you can do this.

10:25 PM - Apr 03, 2015 #421

Like Spring says, No way we would forget about you Trauma. We are all with you. Always!

You rock, Trauma! I think about you everyday. You are important to us!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #413 on: October 19, 2018, 06:25:55 PM »

Just dropping in again to let you know we haven't forgotten about you brother. Keep strong.

This community is behind you in this battle 100%. You are a brother in this tribe. One day at a time, one battle at a time, you can do this.

Like Spring says, No way we would forget about you Trauma. We are all with you. Always!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 06:28:35 PM by traumagnet »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #412 on: October 19, 2018, 06:24:11 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #411 on: October 19, 2018, 06:23:32 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #410 on: October 19, 2018, 06:22:56 PM »
3:54 AM - Mar 27, 2015 #411

711 today I am turning the corner w the pain twinges they are becoming less only had two pain pills yesterday I could manage it w Advil for the most part. My crazy parents have arrived on scene they drove the the 1200 miles in short order which is a feat in itself cause they aint brand new anymore. I realized that I will always be their baby no matter how old I get and the best medicine is letting them take a part in my recovery. I have realized and have been coached on multiple things on this journey humility is one learning to accept assistance is another. It doesnt make me weak it actually helps everyone because cancer doesnt just affect the person who has it it is very real to those around you and to just handle it on your own is selfish let others help... I am trying to shed light on this ...I will close here for now starting to ramble.

4:07 AM - Mar 27, 2015 #412

The weekend is almost here. Coming up on a week since your surgery. Dude you have inspired a whole network of addicts and are a great brother to be battling with. Good luck with the parents - they mean well and you are right - they need to be there. We are here if you need anything.

7:09 AM - Mar 27, 2015 #413

Awesome news, humility and being able to be taken care of are almost as precious as having someone care enough to take care of you. I am so proud of you and I thank you for being man enough to go through this but more so for sharing all of this.

7:19 AM - Mar 27, 2015 #414

Morning Trauma,

Having the 'rents there is good, and you are so spot on for identifying the impace cancer has on everyone around you. You are a good man, indeed.

Keep up the fight, we are behind you, 100%

3:40 PM - Mar 27, 2015 #415

T, dropping by to see how you are doing and this is great news. Keep fighting and keep getting stronger. We are here for you.

9:01 PM - Mar 27, 2015 #416

Thank you for having the strength to keep us updated Trauma. We are all anxious for your recovery. Just know that you are such a huge inspiration to all of us here. You are damn fortunate to have your parents to love you!

6:15 AM - Mar 28, 2015 #417

Just saw this, and so glad you are recovering. Adding my prayers into the mix. Cancer sucks, kick its ass Todd.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #409 on: October 19, 2018, 06:22:18 PM »

711 today I am turning the corner w the pain twinges they are becoming less only had two pain pills yesterday I could manage it w Advil for the most part. My crazy parents have arrived on scene they drove the the 1200 miles in short order which is a feat in itself cause they aint brand new anymore. I realized that I will always be their baby no matter how old I get and the best medicine is letting them take a part in my recovery. I have realized and have been coached on multiple things on this journey humility is one learning to accept assistance is another. It doesnt make me weak it actually helps everyone because cancer doesnt just affect the person who has it it is very real to those around you and to just handle it on your own is selfish let others help... I am trying to shed light on this ...I will close here for now starting to ramble.

The weekend is almost here. Coming up on a week since your surgery. Dude you have inspired a whole network of addicts and are a great brother to be battling with. Good luck with the parents - they mean well and you are right - they need to be there. We are here if you need anything.

Awesome news, humility and being able to be taken care of are almost as precious as having someone care enough to take care of you. I am so proud of you and I thank you for being man enough to go through this but more so for sharing all of this.

Morning Trauma,

Having the 'rents there is good, and you are so spot on for identifying the impace cancer has on everyone around you. You are a good man, indeed.

T, dropping by to see how you are doing and this is great news. Keep fighting and keep getting stronger. We are here for you.

9:01 PM - Mar 27, 2015 #416

Thank you for having the strength to keep us updated Trauma. We are all anxious for your recovery. Just know that you are such a huge inspiration to all of us here. You are damn fortunate to have your parents to love you!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #408 on: October 19, 2018, 06:17:32 PM »

Morning Trauma,

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #407 on: October 19, 2018, 06:16:57 PM »

Morning Trauma,

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #406 on: October 19, 2018, 06:16:14 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #405 on: October 19, 2018, 06:15:39 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #404 on: October 19, 2018, 06:14:58 PM »

MY HOF speech