Author Topic: day 3  (Read 188454 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: day 3
« Reply #433 on: October 19, 2018, 07:13:39 PM »
5:02 AM - Apr 07, 2015 #433

Checking in today Trauma. I'm with you in spirit.

5:58 AM - Apr 07, 2015 #434

Make that two. Prayers and peace be with you today Trauma.

5:59 AM - Apr 07, 2015 #435

How bout another? Today I am with Trauma

6:05 AM - Apr 07, 2015 #436

EDD brother.

6:39 AM - Apr 07, 2015 #437

Thanks for keeping us updated. Thoughts and prayers your way. You got this.

6:58 AM - Apr 07, 2015 #438

EDD you have my prayers. Stay strong brother.

8:12 AM - Apr 07, 2015 #439

DOGPILE!!! You got this brother, not only are you a badass you have a bunch of badasses ready to fight with or for you at the drop of a hat.

8:23 AM - Apr 07, 2015 #440

Prayers sent Trauma...Keep up the fight.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #432 on: October 19, 2018, 07:12:51 PM »

EDD brother.

8:12 AM - Apr 07, 2015 #439

DOGPILE!!! You got this brother, not only are you a badass you have a bunch of badasses ready to fight with or for you at the drop of a hat.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #431 on: October 19, 2018, 07:12:17 PM »

EDD brother.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #430 on: October 19, 2018, 07:11:43 PM »

EDD brother.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #429 on: October 19, 2018, 07:10:54 PM »

EDD brother.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #428 on: October 19, 2018, 07:10:20 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #427 on: October 19, 2018, 07:09:42 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #426 on: October 19, 2018, 06:59:24 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #425 on: October 19, 2018, 06:58:48 PM »
4:17 AM - Apr 07, 2015 #432

Sending continued prayers. You got this.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #424 on: October 19, 2018, 06:56:44 PM »
7:58 PM - Apr 06, 2015 #431

Hang in there Trauma. Beat that fucker!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #423 on: October 19, 2018, 06:56:17 PM »
3:12 PM - Apr 04, 2015 #422

Quick update: I have been staged at Stage 4 colon cancer. I was classed at a 4 by definition alone, pathology only found 2 nodes out of 57 to be positive. I did have two other areas outside of the colon that have been removed they were located on the abdominal wall not an organ. So yes by definition it is a stage 4 a weak stage 4 IMO. It doesn't matter to me what number they called it I/WE are still going to kick it's ass. I am supposed to meet with my oncologist to talk treatment plan, what I know now is that I am going to be put on FLOFOX and I will be given that every 2 weeks for 44 hours at a time the number of cycles I am not sure about. I will know more after Friday. I will also have a port put in sometime. That is all with the technical jargon...

What I want most of all is to say thank you to all of you that have taken the time out of your busy days to drop a line in my thread or send me a text. I gather strength from each and every message I get they reinforce to me that I am far from alone in this battle. Please Please do not be offended if I didn't return an answer to each individual message or of if you think I forgot you rest assured it was by accident. I also cannot express enough how proud I am to belong to this group of men and women the amount of compassion that has been shown to my wife and I is not measureable.

I will sign out for now remember ODAAT and NAFAR enjoy your friends and families on this holy weekend.
Trauma out

4:20 PM - Apr 04, 2015 #423

Stay strong bro. Never underestimate the power of prayer and positive thinking.

Thoughts and prayers as you kick ass.

Quit on...

7:07 AM - Apr 05, 2015 #426

Yes sir, I am a firm believer in this without prayer from everyone, me and positive thinking. My wife has been the trooper not allowing any negative thoughts to be part of this healing process. I feel that there would have been no way that I could have been standing less than 8 hours after surgery and to wake up less than 24 hours after a bowel resection ask to have the fire hose sized cath removed from my Johnson ask for solid food, disconnected from my pain pump, fluids, be showered and walking my laps by 10am. I was discharged less then 48 hours after surgery and on the road for our 5 hour journey home. My surgeons commented that they have never seen a person recover as fast as I did and to be as driven to keep driving on as me.

The outpouring of support from everyplace and everyone that was given to my wife and I gave me the strength to never give up no matter how bad shit hurt. I am a pain wuss but only used 100 mics of from my pain pump and still have over half of my script of pain meds. I cant even begin to tell you all what a feeling it was to get to my room and already have plants waiting for me and a basket for my wife. The thoughtfulness of this selfless act pushed me to sac up. I am gonna go into the next phase just as hot as I went into the last part its going to suck but anything worthwhile never is. There will be dark times and my faith will probably be rattled its how I come back from that is what is important. I believe that being quit has prepared me for this journey taking on addiction has given me backbone to do anything. I have used it to springboard me to take my life back on all fronts.
Peace
Trauma

9:00 AM - Apr 05, 2015 #429

^^^ straight up bad ass.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

11:56 AM - Apr 06, 2015 #430

Great to hear from ya Trauma. Sure am proud for the positive attitude and strength you possess in this fight. We're all in this battle with you. Kick ass man.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #422 on: October 19, 2018, 06:55:28 PM »

Quick update: I have been staged at Stage 4 colon cancer. I was classed at a 4 by definition alone, pathology only found 2 nodes out of 57 to be positive. I did have two other areas outside of the colon that have been removed they were located on the abdominal wall not an organ. So yes by definition it is a stage 4 a weak stage 4 IMO. It doesn't matter to me what number they called it I/WE are still going to kick it's ass. I am supposed to meet with my oncologist to talk treatment plan, what I know now is that I am going to be put on FLOFOX and I will be given that every 2 weeks for 44 hours at a time the number of cycles I am not sure about. I will know more after Friday. I will also have a port put in sometime. That is all with the technical jargon...

What I want most of all is to say thank you to all of you that have taken the time out of your busy days to drop a line in my thread or send me a text. I gather strength from each and every message I get they reinforce to me that I am far from alone in this battle. Please Please do not be offended if I didn't return an answer to each individual message or of if you think I forgot you rest assured it was by accident. I also cannot express enough how proud I am to belong to this group of men and women the amount of compassion that has been shown to my wife and I is not measureable.

I will sign out for now remember ODAAT and NAFAR enjoy your friends and families on this holy weekend.
Trauma out

Quit on...

Yes sir, I am a firm believer in this without prayer from everyone, me and positive thinking. My wife has been the trooper not allowing any negative thoughts to be part of this healing process. I feel that there would have been no way that I could have been standing less than 8 hours after surgery and to wake up less than 24 hours after a bowel resection ask to have the fire hose sized cath removed from my Johnson ask for solid food, disconnected from my pain pump, fluids, be showered and walking my laps by 10am. I was discharged less then 48 hours after surgery and on the road for our 5 hour journey home. My surgeons commented that they have never seen a person recover as fast as I did and to be as driven to keep driving on as me.

The outpouring of support from everyplace and everyone that was given to my wife and I gave me the strength to never give up no matter how bad shit hurt. I am a pain wuss but only used 100 mics of from my pain pump and still have over half of my script of pain meds. I cant even begin to tell you all what a feeling it was to get to my room and already have plants waiting for me and a basket for my wife. The thoughtfulness of this selfless act pushed me to sac up. I am gonna go into the next phase just as hot as I went into the last part its going to suck but anything worthwhile never is. There will be dark times and my faith will probably be rattled its how I come back from that is what is important. I believe that being quit has prepared me for this journey taking on addiction has given me backbone to do anything. I have used it to springboard me to take my life back on all fronts.
Peace
Trauma

9:00 AM - Apr 05, 2015 #429

^^^ straight up bad ass.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #421 on: October 19, 2018, 06:53:41 PM »
8:41 AM - Apr 05, 2015 #428

Sending Prayers to you Trauma.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #420 on: October 19, 2018, 06:53:11 PM »
7:41 AM - Apr 05, 2015 #427

Thanks for the update. Hapoy Easter! Prayers sent up today

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #419 on: October 19, 2018, 06:52:38 PM »

Trauma out

Quit on...

Peace
Trauma

MY HOF speech