Author Topic: day 3  (Read 188445 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: day 3
« Reply #583 on: October 22, 2018, 06:35:08 PM »
12:56 AM - Jul 11, 2015 #591
Talked to my oncologist yesterday all labs look good. He said that 5 cycles of the heavy duty shit was good I told him I could do one more cycle of the heavy shit and he said that would be fabulous so this is the last cycle of the hard stuff then it will just be lighter chemo doses for good measure. I still will do the 12 cycles then I get a two month break so no chemo during Nov Dec. This cycle still getting the weird nerve shit but when we quit the oxilaplatin that should all go away. I still will keep the pump with FU5 but was informed yesterday that all the VA assistance the clowns on the hill promised may come to an end. Based on the call I had yesterday you have to call some chioce office and they will either approve or not approve coverage that the VA doesn't have like my pump and PET scans. We will see by the time I need tye PET scan it will be a new fiscal year for the Gov't. That a whole new ball of worms n will cross that when we get to it. Once again thank you all for the support it helps very much while strapped in w the big infusion pumps just buzz into KTC and get my dose of spinach and press on!
Trauma

5:12 AM - Jul 11, 2015 #592

Glad to hear about the continued progress Trauma. I hope the VA insurance coverage cluster gets worked out so you don't have to worry about that while fighting the cancer. Proud to be quit with you. CJ

6:20 AM - Jul 11, 2015 #593

Damn proud of you Trauma. You're one of the strongest people I know. Keep it up. We'll be right here beside you.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #582 on: October 22, 2018, 06:34:33 PM »
Talked to my oncologist yesterday all labs look good. He said that 5 cycles of the heavy duty shit was good I told him I could do one more cycle of the heavy shit and he said that would be fabulous so this is the last cycle of the hard stuff then it will just be lighter chemo doses for good measure. I still will do the 12 cycles then I get a two month break so no chemo during Nov Dec. This cycle still getting the weird nerve shit but when we quit the oxilaplatin that should all go away. I still will keep the pump with FU5 but was informed yesterday that all the VA assistance the clowns on the hill promised may come to an end. Based on the call I had yesterday you have to call some chioce office and they will either approve or not approve coverage that the VA doesn't have like my pump and PET scans. We will see by the time I need tye PET scan it will be a new fiscal year for the Gov't. That a whole new ball of worms n will cross that when we get to it. Once again thank you all for the support it helps very much while strapped in w the big infusion pumps just buzz into KTC and get my dose of spinach and press on!
Trauma

5:12 AM - Jul 11, 2015 #592

Glad to hear about the continued progress Trauma. I hope the VA insurance coverage cluster gets worked out so you don't have to worry about that while fighting the cancer. Proud to be quit with you. CJ
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #581 on: October 22, 2018, 06:33:44 PM »
Trauma

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #580 on: October 22, 2018, 06:32:43 PM »
2:36 AM - Jul 09, 2015 #584

Round 6 tomorrow halfway point after that all small numbers...

3:33 AM - Jul 09, 2015 #585

Nice job dude! Small numbers and getting smaller!

5:08 AM - Jul 09, 2015 #586

Awesome Todd, keep kicking ass daily brother!

5:29 AM - Jul 09, 2015 #587

Gets some, Todd!

5:52 AM - Jul 09, 2015 #589

Way to go Trauma. Keep up the fight. We're right here for ya!

7:06 AM - Jul 09, 2015 #590

Fight on trauma! Prayers to you and yours!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #579 on: October 22, 2018, 06:31:52 PM »

Gets some, Todd!

5:52 AM - Jul 09, 2015 #589

Way to go Trauma. Keep up the fight. We're right here for ya!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #578 on: October 22, 2018, 06:29:08 PM »

Gets some, Todd!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #577 on: October 22, 2018, 06:28:37 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #576 on: October 22, 2018, 06:28:11 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #575 on: October 22, 2018, 06:27:48 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #574 on: October 22, 2018, 06:27:24 PM »
6:35 AM - Jul 02, 2015 #581

Trauma,
I am newer to this site and I just spent all morning reading your story. Inspiring, I admire your quit and I admire even more your tenacity that you are taking to your current enemy. Prayers and well wishes as you continue to beat this thing.

Hogan

5:46 AM - Jul 03, 2015 #583

I am humbled that you took the time to read my thread. This journey is not much different than any other journey on here. You get here you meet people dedicated to saving your life you commit and give your promise for today only that you will not use. Get up tomorrow and repeat. Some of the greatest people you will meet will be right here. Hogan keep sticking it to big tobacco and help others to do the same.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #573 on: October 22, 2018, 06:26:27 PM »

Trauma,
I am newer to this site and I just spent all morning reading your story. Inspiring, I admire your quit and I admire even more your tenacity that you are taking to your current enemy. Prayers and well wishes as you continue to beat this thing.

Hogan

6:50 AM - Jul 02, 2015 #582

Trauma what an inspiration. Makes me proud to know such a strong young man. We all have are battles some are tougher than others. To me trying to beat this nic bitch everyday is tough but I thank the good man I'm able to do it one day at a time. I think and pray for you daily. Enjoy your holiday weekend my friend. Prayers to you and yours.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #572 on: October 22, 2018, 06:25:55 PM »

Trauma,

Hogan

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #571 on: October 22, 2018, 06:25:24 PM »
4:58 AM - Jul 02, 2015 #580

Thank you very much all....Not sure how it happens here but yesterday was pretty tough but I came here and got a bump of support and now today is a new day and I am off to the races...

Chemo is very weird consistantly inconsistant is bout the best way I can describe it. One day sleepy next charged up damn near manic. One day food tastes great almost too explosive for flavors the next I could eat at the cardboard cafe and I wouldnt be able to taste anything. Somedays sharp as a tack some days fogged out like my first two weeks here 800 days ago.

Just a short update about chemo.... Keep the faith people enjoy your friends and families this weekend
Trauma Out

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #570 on: October 22, 2018, 06:24:41 PM »
3:31 PM - Jun 30, 2015 #579

Keep Grinding. I'm in there right with ya!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #569 on: October 22, 2018, 06:24:16 PM »
4:09 AM - Jun 27, 2015 #572

Thank you all! So far I am kicking round 5's ass. They dumped in a big dose of iv iron yesterday to assist w building the size of my RBC's and help carry more O2 to my body. I cannot tolerate any oral iron in any form for some reason. I also learned that my WBS's are are at a very good level so sick people aren't a risk to me and so far I have been able to ward off the crud that has been going around at work.

I continue w the plan daily wake ask what my lesson is for the day and prolly the hardest part is accepting assistance from others. I was told to do this by a survivor who is a cancer bad ass she did so I do it too she helps others and I share/help w others if I help save one I have met my goal. Early intervention dont be afraid of the exams and dont be afraid to jump in the front seat of your healthcare. In the grand scheme of things thats minimal.

I am blessed I travel pretty early to work in an easterly direction and get to see his masterpieces I know he is listening to you all and me. I close here before you all think ol' Trauma has flipped his lid. Stay strong my friends.
Trauma

4:32 AM - Jun 27, 2015 #573

Damn! I've been following your thread and you inspire me. Every new guy here should read this thread. You have gone through your share of troubles and still remain quit and a mentor to those around you. Your positive outlook is maybe one of your greatest weapons against this cancer. Keep that going as best you can. I'll send another prayer up for you today and I will think of your commitment to stay quit during this struggle whenever I get a crave today. God bless!

4:38 AM - Jun 27, 2015 #574

X2 on this. A lot of people would bitch about the sun in their eyes traveling east - not you, not with your attitude. Rock on. CJ

6:07 AM - Jun 27, 2015 #575

Continuing to fight with you Trauma. Your optimism and determination are an inspiration to all. You rock, T.

7:53 AM - Jun 27, 2015 #576

Wow...just ....Wow my brother! I'm sure you have saved a bunch of lives with your word's of Wisdom and encouragement. I will say you definitely strengthen my quit! You are absolutely correct the good man does hear all our prayers! Stay strong my friend and enjoy life's beauties! So many people gripe and complain so much they forget to stop and give thanks for all the wonderful things going on in there life. Prayers to you and yours God's will.

2:32 PM - Jun 30, 2015 #578

You are the man Todd!

With all of that extra iron, though, you might wanna stay away from magnets!

Seriously, it is an honor to quit with you and call you a friend. This site has been quite the blessing in unexpected ways.

MY HOF speech