Author Topic: day 3  (Read 188444 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: day 3
« Reply #598 on: October 22, 2018, 06:49:16 PM »
5:04 AM - Aug 13, 2015 #608

We're here Trauma. Continued prayers, brother.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #597 on: October 22, 2018, 06:48:26 PM »
7:04 AM - Aug 11, 2015 #604

You got this brother! So you got another hurdle in the road, jump the fucking thing.

9:06 AM - Aug 12, 2015 #605

he won't jump it.

he will plow through it with the rest of us helping him out, right by his side.

Keep being strong my friend.

9:15 AM - Aug 12, 2015 #606

Like this guy?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewckPYePzbU

12:58 PM - Aug 12, 2015 #607

Prayers with you and yours!
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #596 on: October 22, 2018, 06:47:50 PM »

You got this brother! So you got another hurdle in the road, jump the fucking thing.

he won't jump it.

9:15 AM - Aug 12, 2015 #606

Like this guy?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewckPYePzbU

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #595 on: October 22, 2018, 06:46:38 PM »

he won't jump it.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #594 on: October 22, 2018, 06:45:51 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #593 on: October 22, 2018, 06:45:17 PM »
12:39 PM - Aug 07, 2015 #602

Dropping by to check in with you Trauma. Haven't forgot about you. I hope everything is going good in your world. Good luck with round 8 today and stay strong!

12:45 PM - Aug 07, 2015 #603

Still praying that everything is good trauma! Take care brother and quit on!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #592 on: October 22, 2018, 06:43:57 PM »
12:39 PM - Aug 07, 2015 #602

Dropping by to check in with you Trauma. Haven't forgot about you. I hope everything is going good in your world. Good luck with round 8 today and stay strong!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #591 on: October 22, 2018, 06:43:06 PM »
7:51 PM - Jul 14, 2015 #600

Attention all of my KTC brothers and sisters. This badass quitter and I were exchanging sext messages right before I boarded a plane. Those of you that know Traumagnet's (Todd's) story are much like me envious of the fact that this tough as nails SOB is not only fighting cancer but he has his hands grasped on the throat of cancer. I never had a doubt that this dude was legit, he is not afraid to speak his mind and he is loyal as hell.

Well short story long...this man gave me a glimpse into a bucket list he wants to do to not only show cancer but to show the world he is a badass. He wants to run a race in Fargo...possibly this year, I have decided that no matter when he runs, walks, rolls, my ass will be right beside him. Then it hit me, KTC people do the Tybee run and others together so without a date yet I am dubbing this the Trot for Trauma. So when he lets us know I will put up something in the Quitter meet up section, but none the less brother I got your six!

8:27 AM - Jul 16, 2015 #601

If interested in what I posted above...check this out that I left in the Sport Discussions/QSX Enthusiasts section of the forum:

Trot for Trauma

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #590 on: October 22, 2018, 06:41:51 PM »
7:51 PM - Jul 14, 2015 #600

Attention all of my KTC brothers and sisters. This badass quitter and I were exchanging sext messages right before I boarded a plane. Those of you that know Traumagnet's (Todd's) story are much like me envious of the fact that this tough as nails SOB is not only fighting cancer but he has his hands grasped on the throat of cancer. I never had a doubt that this dude was legit, he is not afraid to speak his mind and he is loyal as hell.

Well short story long...this man gave me a glimpse into a bucket list he wants to do to not only show cancer but to show the world he is a badass. He wants to run a race in Fargo...possibly this year, I have decided that no matter when he runs, walks, rolls, my ass will be right beside him. Then it hit me, KTC people do the Tybee run and others together so without a date yet I am dubbing this the Trot for Trauma. So when he lets us know I will put up something in the Quitter meet up section, but none the less brother I got your six!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #589 on: October 22, 2018, 06:40:26 PM »
7:24 PM - Jul 14, 2015 #599

Thanks trauma always need your good olé kick in the ass let's go get it done! Love the positive attitude, keep it up and you know daily struggles in life are what makes you or breaks you and you my friend choose the path of a true fighter, think of you everyday, your in my prayers stay strong you are one hell of a fighter! Damn proud to be quit with you!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #588 on: October 22, 2018, 06:39:57 PM »
1:28 PM - Jul 11, 2015 #597

Traumagnet, I've been here less than ten days. I just read your intro thread from beginning to end. You are on an incredibly inspiring journey, and we are very fortunate that you have invested so much of yourself into this site and documented the past 2+ years. I am going to recommend to the people I reach out to, and the people who read my intro, that they read your thread. Reading about your process is very, very, humbling. The fact that our troubles aren't over on quit day, or at 100 days, or at 700 days, is a punch in the gut. We were all fools to start this drug and permit this addiction. I know why you started gutting it, and I know you were proud of it, and so was I. I fucking hate the part of me that allowed this into my life. Thank you for allowing me and everyone on this site to share your journey. I am pulling for you harder than I've pulled for family members fighting a serious illness. This site, and it's community, does that to us, I suppose. I am in your fucking corner permanently, thank you for letting me join your other brothers there.

6:18 PM - Jul 14, 2015 #598

I am humbled that you took the time to read my thread from start to finish it gets sketchy now and then as it probably does in all threads of addicts but I did want to say that I am honored.

I am just a guy that has some decisions to make I could lay down and give up or I could rally the troops and fight for all I got. I have never been good and just letting shit run me over so I only had one choice. As you have read I took the fight road and on this road it was full of great leaders motivators and some of the best men and women that I have ever conversed with. I believe that if it wasnt for KTC and my education that I received here I would not have the mental capacity to defeat cancer. I am hardened now I have been forged I know that I will always be an addict but for 820 days I have been in control of my addiction and for today only wake tomorrow repeat. I was then able to apply everything that I have learned here and dig deep there are days when the 400-430 alarm goes off that I wanted to say fuck it stay in bed but you know you give up and not get up its just like letting the mistress we left behind whisper in your ear just one day just one dip...bull fuckin shit you pull your ass up by your bootstraps and sack up you got people depending on you and they dont have time for your short comings. I have not missed one day since I have taken my new job...granted there are days I probably should have tossed in the towel but I didnt I stood fast for I am an addict I cant ever give myself a break.

Would like to mention today was especially tough to get rolling but here at 415 am I am getting a text from my ol' pal Worktowin I dont know how he does it but he knows when I need a pick me up. One text all it took sacked up got my shit together and out the door. Cant tell all the new people enough these are the type of people on this site. You get to where you can tell just from text what is happening with your close group so my suggestion for newbies is grab on to a cornerstone here and never let go.
Rambling now
Trauma out.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #587 on: October 22, 2018, 06:38:12 PM »
1:28 PM - Jul 11, 2015 #597

Traumagnet, I've been here less than ten days. I just read your intro thread from beginning to end. You are on an incredibly inspiring journey, and we are very fortunate that you have invested so much of yourself into this site and documented the past 2+ years. I am going to recommend to the people I reach out to, and the people who read my intro, that they read your thread. Reading about your process is very, very, humbling. The fact that our troubles aren't over on quit day, or at 100 days, or at 700 days, is a punch in the gut. We were all fools to start this drug and permit this addiction. I know why you started gutting it, and I know you were proud of it, and so was I. I fucking hate the part of me that allowed this into my life. Thank you for allowing me and everyone on this site to share your journey. I am pulling for you harder than I've pulled for family members fighting a serious illness. This site, and it's community, does that to us, I suppose. I am in your fucking corner permanently, thank you for letting me join your other brothers there.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #586 on: October 22, 2018, 06:37:05 PM »
12:56 AM - Jul 11, 2015 #591
Talked to my oncologist yesterday all labs look good. He said that 5 cycles of the heavy duty shit was good I told him I could do one more cycle of the heavy shit and he said that would be fabulous so this is the last cycle of the hard stuff then it will just be lighter chemo doses for good measure. I still will do the 12 cycles then I get a two month break so no chemo during Nov Dec. This cycle still getting the weird nerve shit but when we quit the oxilaplatin that should all go away. I still will keep the pump with FU5 but was informed yesterday that all the VA assistance the clowns on the hill promised may come to an end. Based on the call I had yesterday you have to call some chioce office and they will either approve or not approve coverage that the VA doesn't have like my pump and PET scans. We will see by the time I need tye PET scan it will be a new fiscal year for the Gov't. That a whole new ball of worms n will cross that when we get to it. Once again thank you all for the support it helps very much while strapped in w the big infusion pumps just buzz into KTC and get my dose of spinach and press on!
Trauma

5:12 AM - Jul 11, 2015 #592

Glad to hear about the continued progress Trauma. I hope the VA insurance coverage cluster gets worked out so you don't have to worry about that while fighting the cancer. Proud to be quit with you. CJ

6:20 AM - Jul 11, 2015 #593

Damn proud of you Trauma. You're one of the strongest people I know. Keep it up. We'll be right here beside you.

6:51 AM - Jul 11, 2015 #594

Keep winning the fight brother. Kick cancer to the curb just like the nic bitch; they deserve each other...

7:33 AM - Jul 11, 2015 #595

Crying ass shame how big Government works! Keep crushing this trauma, we're all with you! Prayers to you and yours!

12:42 PM - Jul 11, 2015 #596

Awesome news! Keep kicking ass!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #585 on: October 22, 2018, 06:36:23 PM »
Talked to my oncologist yesterday all labs look good. He said that 5 cycles of the heavy duty shit was good I told him I could do one more cycle of the heavy shit and he said that would be fabulous so this is the last cycle of the hard stuff then it will just be lighter chemo doses for good measure. I still will do the 12 cycles then I get a two month break so no chemo during Nov Dec. This cycle still getting the weird nerve shit but when we quit the oxilaplatin that should all go away. I still will keep the pump with FU5 but was informed yesterday that all the VA assistance the clowns on the hill promised may come to an end. Based on the call I had yesterday you have to call some chioce office and they will either approve or not approve coverage that the VA doesn't have like my pump and PET scans. We will see by the time I need tye PET scan it will be a new fiscal year for the Gov't. That a whole new ball of worms n will cross that when we get to it. Once again thank you all for the support it helps very much while strapped in w the big infusion pumps just buzz into KTC and get my dose of spinach and press on!
Trauma

Glad to hear about the continued progress Trauma. I hope the VA insurance coverage cluster gets worked out so you don't have to worry about that while fighting the cancer. Proud to be quit with you. CJ

Damn proud of you Trauma. You're one of the strongest people I know. Keep it up. We'll be right here beside you.

Keep winning the fight brother. Kick cancer to the curb just like the nic bitch; they deserve each other...

7:33 AM - Jul 11, 2015 #595

Crying ass shame how big Government works! Keep crushing this trauma, we're all with you! Prayers to you and yours!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #584 on: October 22, 2018, 06:35:44 PM »
Trauma

MY HOF speech