Author Topic: day 3  (Read 188367 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: day 3
« Reply #613 on: October 22, 2018, 06:59:37 PM »
7:57 AM - Oct 02, 2015 #624

Happy 900 m'man!
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #612 on: October 22, 2018, 06:59:15 PM »
9:36 AM - Sep 13, 2015 #623

Checking up on your progress since last time. Awesome to hear you get a couple month break from chemo! Prayers sent up again for you.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #611 on: October 22, 2018, 06:58:42 PM »
9:56 PM - Sep 11, 2015 #618

Had my PET scan today and my radiologist friend called me after he read it and told me my scan looked very good and is clean. So I get a two month chemo break. Just wanted to say thank you all of you who stopped by to push my ass when I was really hurting over the last few weeks. Today to celebrate my news I got in a tree stand waiting on a buck. Didnt see one but thats ok thwacked a raccoon who thought they would make themselves at home in my feed pile. All in all it was a great day... Even took time today to reflect on our brothers and sisters who we lost 14 years ago gone but not forgotten.

10:30 PM - Sep 11, 2015 #619

Great news trauma. Looking forward to hearing the hunting exploits over the next couple months. Damn proud to quit with you today brother.

7:19 AM - Sep 12, 2015 #620

Great to hear Trauma. Glad to see you're in good spirits still, although that shouldn't be much of a surprise. Such an inspiring individual. I admire your courage.

9:13 AM - Sep 12, 2015 #621

A many of prayers answered! You're a good man trauma, continue to enjoy every second of life! God has smiled upon you. Quit on!

9:09 PM - Sep 12, 2015 #622

Such awesome news, Todd. I am so glad to hear this.

I quit with you today.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #610 on: October 22, 2018, 06:57:58 PM »

Had my PET scan today and my radiologist friend called me after he read it and told me my scan looked very good and is clean. So I get a two month chemo break. Just wanted to say thank you all of you who stopped by to push my ass when I was really hurting over the last few weeks. Today to celebrate my news I got in a tree stand waiting on a buck. Didnt see one but thats ok thwacked a raccoon who thought they would make themselves at home in my feed pile. All in all it was a great day... Even took time today to reflect on our brothers and sisters who we lost 14 years ago gone but not forgotten.

Great news trauma. Looking forward to hearing the hunting exploits over the next couple months. Damn proud to quit with you today brother.

Great to hear Trauma. Glad to see you're in good spirits still, although that shouldn't be much of a surprise. Such an inspiring individual. I admire your courage.

9:13 AM - Sep 12, 2015 #621

A many of prayers answered! You're a good man trauma, continue to enjoy every second of life! God has smiled upon you. Quit on!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #609 on: October 22, 2018, 06:57:26 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #608 on: October 22, 2018, 06:56:46 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #607 on: October 22, 2018, 06:56:17 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #606 on: October 22, 2018, 06:55:36 PM »
2:16 PM - Sep 05, 2015 #613

Been a spell since I have posted an update. Chemo rounds 7 and 8 after each 44 hour infusion my chest became inflamed. They think that the large blood vessels around my heart became inflamed and refered pain throughout the whole chest. My oncology team felt that the inflamation was due to my port was in a bad position and was causing a phlebitis. So the port that I had put in on May 1st has been removed. A new course of chemo was selected for me but after talking to my oncologist we came up with a new plan. I have my second PET scan scheduled for 9-11 @ 730 based in the results of that scan will determine where we go next. If my scan is clean I get a two month chemo break if its not clean they want to install a new port and hit it chemo again.

I have not been doing the greatest physically as I have in the past. For some reason my feet and low back have been very painful. My gums have all the sudden started to bleed when I brush my teeth. I also have been nauseated. I am not sure why I have more chemo symptoms while not doing chemo vs. when I do chemo. When I was on chemo I rolled through pretty easily. That is a head screatcher to me. I really dont understand why I feel worse off chemo then when I was on it. I will just chalk this up to another nuisance with chemo/cancer. Not gonna lie I now know why some people just quit. When I was laying in the ER after round 8 I was like fuck this it aint worth it...but I have a huge team that will not let me quit and are always around to kick me in the ass. Thank you all you know who you are...I have the words of one still banging around in my head which was fuck it I dont know what you are going through but finish this "LIKE A BOSS". Well once again I cant thank you all enough for helping me keep my fire lit.

6:12 PM - Sep 05, 2015 #614

As I read this it brings tears to my eyes, very tough son of a gun! Not once have you felt sorry for yourself. I pray with all my heart for you trauma you make me a better man. God bless you may God continue to give you the strength my friend!

9:03 PM - Sep 05, 2015 #615

Thoughts and prayers are with you trauma. This isn't easy, but you only have two choices, kick cancer's ass or let it take you. I haven't been here all that long, but I've read your intro a couple times and you seem to me the kind of guy that falls into the first category. Keep it up everyday, you have no idea how many people you have in your corner pulling for you in your fight.

7:08 AM - Sep 06, 2015 #616

It is really fucked what chemicals do to our bodies.

Quitting nicotine damn near wrecked a lot of us, you and me included, for a long time. The misery and feelings of hopelessness went on and on, but we persevered. Quitting booze was no cakewalk for many either... It was such a way of life and dulled senses for so long, but the pain there passed too. Todd - I'm no doctor but it sure seems like this might be another of those situations? Where the body has become accustomed to a poison and now it has been taken away? I dunno, but I do know you. I know that you have been given accolades at work for the job that you are doing even when you feel like hell. That you are completing tasks when your coworkers are trying to get you to take a break. That you have a wife that is world class bad ass and pushing you forward. That only a crazy dude like you would get a convertible to tool around in up there in the arctic.

Life isn't fair. We've all had unfair curve balls thrown at us - but how you have dealt with this is a true testament to leadership and self development. You have helped so many of us on KTC that I don't think you could even count them up. Prayers are with you this week, as always, as you keep kicking cancer to the curb. You are da man.

2:02 PM - Sep 08, 2015 #617

Can't say it enough Trauma - you're one tough SOB and one hell of a guy. I admire your perseverance and courage. You're an inspiration to all. Keep strong and keep up the good fight. We are here for you brother

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #605 on: October 22, 2018, 06:55:00 PM »

Been a spell since I have posted an update. Chemo rounds 7 and 8 after each 44 hour infusion my chest became inflamed. They think that the large blood vessels around my heart became inflamed and refered pain throughout the whole chest. My oncology team felt that the inflamation was due to my port was in a bad position and was causing a phlebitis. So the port that I had put in on May 1st has been removed. A new course of chemo was selected for me but after talking to my oncologist we came up with a new plan. I have my second PET scan scheduled for 9-11 @ 730 based in the results of that scan will determine where we go next. If my scan is clean I get a two month chemo break if its not clean they want to install a new port and hit it chemo again.

I have not been doing the greatest physically as I have in the past. For some reason my feet and low back have been very painful. My gums have all the sudden started to bleed when I brush my teeth. I also have been nauseated. I am not sure why I have more chemo symptoms while not doing chemo vs. when I do chemo. When I was on chemo I rolled through pretty easily. That is a head screatcher to me. I really dont understand why I feel worse off chemo then when I was on it. I will just chalk this up to another nuisance with chemo/cancer. Not gonna lie I now know why some people just quit. When I was laying in the ER after round 8 I was like fuck this it aint worth it...but I have a huge team that will not let me quit and are always around to kick me in the ass. Thank you all you know who you are...I have the words of one still banging around in my head which was fuck it I dont know what you are going through but finish this "LIKE A BOSS". Well once again I cant thank you all enough for helping me keep my fire lit.

As I read this it brings tears to my eyes, very tough son of a gun! Not once have you felt sorry for yourself. I pray with all my heart for you trauma you make me a better man. God bless you may God continue to give you the strength my friend!

Thoughts and prayers are with you trauma. This isn't easy, but you only have two choices, kick cancer's ass or let it take you. I haven't been here all that long, but I've read your intro a couple times and you seem to me the kind of guy that falls into the first category. Keep it up everyday, you have no idea how many people you have in your corner pulling for you in your fight.

7:08 AM - Sep 06, 2015 #616

It is really fucked what chemicals do to our bodies.

Quitting nicotine damn near wrecked a lot of us, you and me included, for a long time. The misery and feelings of hopelessness went on and on, but we persevered. Quitting booze was no cakewalk for many either... It was such a way of life and dulled senses for so long, but the pain there passed too. Todd - I'm no doctor but it sure seems like this might be another of those situations? Where the body has become accustomed to a poison and now it has been taken away? I dunno, but I do know you. I know that you have been given accolades at work for the job that you are doing even when you feel like hell. That you are completing tasks when your coworkers are trying to get you to take a break. That you have a wife that is world class bad ass and pushing you forward. That only a crazy dude like you would get a convertible to tool around in up there in the arctic.

Life isn't fair. We've all had unfair curve balls thrown at us - but how you have dealt with this is a true testament to leadership and self development. You have helped so many of us on KTC that I don't think you could even count them up. Prayers are with you this week, as always, as you keep kicking cancer to the curb. You are da man.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #604 on: October 22, 2018, 06:54:04 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #603 on: October 22, 2018, 06:52:59 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #602 on: October 22, 2018, 06:52:47 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #601 on: October 22, 2018, 06:51:02 PM »
7:04 AM - Aug 11, 2015 #604

You got this brother! So you got another hurdle in the road, jump the fucking thing.

9:06 AM - Aug 12, 2015 #605

he won't jump it.

he will plow through it with the rest of us helping him out, right by his side.

Keep being strong my friend.

9:15 AM - Aug 12, 2015 #606

Like this guy?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewckPYePzbU

12:58 PM - Aug 12, 2015 #607

Prayers with you and yours!

6:21 AM - Aug 13, 2015 #611

Holy Shit! Long Duck Dong not only plowed through the hurdles he wound up in the wrong lane at the end. "No more yanky the wanky...donger need food"

8:17 AM - Aug 13, 2015 #612

Feel lots of love in these halls for you trauma! Take care and God bless!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #600 on: October 22, 2018, 06:50:23 PM »
7:04 AM - Aug 11, 2015 #604

You got this brother! So you got another hurdle in the road, jump the fucking thing.

9:06 AM - Aug 12, 2015 #605

he won't jump it.

he will plow through it with the rest of us helping him out, right by his side.

Keep being strong my friend.

9:15 AM - Aug 12, 2015 #606

Like this guy?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewckPYePzbU

12:58 PM - Aug 12, 2015 #607

Prayers with you and yours!

6:21 AM - Aug 13, 2015 #611

Holy Shit! Long Duck Dong not only plowed through the hurdles he wound up in the wrong lane at the end. "No more yanky the wanky...donger need food"

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #599 on: October 22, 2018, 06:49:41 PM »
6:08 AM - Aug 13, 2015 #609

Prayers for you, you have been supportive to me and many others,

MY HOF speech