Author Topic: day 3  (Read 188732 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: day 3
« Reply #793 on: October 23, 2018, 08:03:37 PM »
9:13 AM - Jul 14, 2016 #807

We haven't interacted before, but I want you do know that your bravery is beyond inspirational. I don't have the words for it.

You and your family will be in my prayers. Thanks for fighting.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #792 on: October 23, 2018, 08:03:09 PM »
9:10 AM - Jul 14, 2016 #806

Continuing to pray for you and your family Trauma.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #791 on: October 23, 2018, 08:02:46 PM »
8:24 AM - Jul 14, 2016 #805

Well it appears that it has been awhile since I have put in an update. I had double pneumonia that landed me in the hospital for a week...then home health for a week giving me very strong antibiotics. After a week of that the nausea and pain were enough I woke up on a Monday morning and fired everyone. I called the VA and asked to be put on hospice. Hospice has been working with me to get me under control as far as pain and nausea go. I have been puking and dry heaving for days so finally last night they hooked me up to a morphine drip and a Tordol drip subQ. they have also discovered that I have chemo induced thrush from my mouth to my stomach so another obstacle to overcome.

I also carry a BRAF mutation with in the cancer war is like trying fight fires with gasoline. So I am on the hospice pony and just trying to ride whatever time I have left in relative comfort. So just trying to take it easy.

Once again just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has been on this ride with me, I also wanted to say if you text or email and I dont respond right away please dont take it personal there are days that just making it to tomorrow is the best I can do.
thanks
Trauma

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #790 on: October 23, 2018, 08:01:40 PM »
10:06 AM - Jun 29, 2016 #802

With you today and every day.

1:34 PM - Jun 29, 2016 #803

With you trauma! EDD! ODAAT!

7:52 AM - Jun 30, 2016 #804

Hope you have a good day today Trauma. We are thinking about you all the time bro.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #789 on: October 23, 2018, 08:01:00 PM »

1:34 PM - Jun 29, 2016 #803

With you trauma! EDD! ODAAT!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #788 on: October 23, 2018, 08:00:32 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #787 on: October 23, 2018, 08:00:00 PM »
7:57 PM - Jun 22, 2016 #800

Dear Trauma,

You are the epitome of the art of fighting this hideous, awful disease. You are strong, stronger than most as you have expressed in this current fight, and what has been expressed from other KTC Family members that know you and from what I've read as well. I personally do not know you however I have posted/sent prayers a time or 2 right here in your intro. Thank you for the battle you have put up at this point, and thank you for continuing to fight, and knowing you will defeat this monster yet again. God speed brother. I will not apologize for posting what I am about to post. It is something I have found since my quit. I pray that these verses help you.

Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. I'm sure most have heard this one at some point.

I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you Luke 10:19

I do not in any way want to act or you to think as if I'm trying to throw God or the bible at you. I do not know your beliefs. I'm just simply here trying to let you know I'm here for you.

5:10 AM - Jun 23, 2016 #801

Very good I have no problem and nothing ro remotely apologise for i appreciate all support.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #786 on: October 23, 2018, 07:58:15 PM »
7:57 PM - Jun 22, 2016 #800

Dear Trauma,

You are the epitome of the art of fighting this hideous, awful disease. You are strong, stronger than most as you have expressed in this current fight, and what has been expressed from other KTC Family members that know you and from what I've read as well. I personally do not know you however I have posted/sent prayers a time or 2 right here in your intro. Thank you for the battle you have put up at this point, and thank you for continuing to fight, and knowing you will defeat this monster yet again. God speed brother. I will not apologize for posting what I am about to post. It is something I have found since my quit. I pray that these verses help you.

Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. I'm sure most have heard this one at some point.

I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you Luke 10:19

I do not in any way want to act or you to think as if I'm trying to throw God or the bible at you. I do not know your beliefs. I'm just simply here trying to let you know I'm here for you.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #785 on: October 23, 2018, 07:57:49 PM »
11:47 PM - Jun 17, 2016 #796

Thank you all once again. My mission is to save at least one ass from the chemo chair or extended stay in a hospital. Not fun emotionally draining but you got to get up every day and dust yourself off n di better than before. I can honestly say if it weren't for family,friends and last but certainly not least my friends which I call them my family from KTC I would have probably quit. These family members dragged my ass through some of the most difficult times and even reached out to my wife. Folks I say it all the time you will never find a group more dedicated then this band of addicts. Love y'all let's keep the fight going you don't quit I won't quit. Like I have said in the past this shit is gonna have to kill me outright.

3:24 AM - Jun 18, 2016 #797

I know you've saved more than one.
You fighting it makes me know I can as well, if the time ever came. God winning, it won't come.
With you and quit with you today.

2:54 PM - Jun 19, 2016 #798

Fighting with you daily! Keep doing what you're doing! God bless and prayers to you!

7:20 PM - Jun 22, 2016 #799

Your upbeat attitude is an awesome sight to behold. Keep on keepin' on. Prayers for healing outbound, brother.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #784 on: October 23, 2018, 07:57:11 PM »

Thank you all once again. My mission is to save at least one ass from the chemo chair or extended stay in a hospital. Not fun emotionally draining but you got to get up every day and dust yourself off n di better than before. I can honestly say if it weren't for family,friends and last but certainly not least my friends which I call them my family from KTC I would have probably quit. These family members dragged my ass through some of the most difficult times and even reached out to my wife. Folks I say it all the time you will never find a group more dedicated then this band of addicts. Love y'all let's keep the fight going you don't quit I won't quit. Like I have said in the past this shit is gonna have to kill me outright.

You fighting it makes me know I can as well, if the time ever came. God winning, it won't come.

2:54 PM - Jun 19, 2016 #798

Fighting with you daily! Keep doing what you're doing! God bless and prayers to you!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #783 on: October 23, 2018, 07:56:25 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #782 on: October 23, 2018, 07:55:56 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #781 on: October 23, 2018, 07:55:31 PM »
12:28 AM - Jun 13, 2016 #789

Thank you all I am gonna walk out of this place under my own power. Newest update wentto the er Saturday 102 temp and my o2 sats were 85-89 wo o2 assist. So o2 and iv antibiotics. Throughout these past days I been spiking fevers as high as 103. An adult at 103 hurts like hell when they break not to mention you sweat like hell drench the bed and got to change all the linen. I have double lung pneumonia and its not wanting to get w the program. I will not quit there will be a bag waiting for me before I give up.

12:40 AM - Jun 13, 2016 #790

Im loving you right now friend. Prayers going up for strength, peace, courage. Much love. There really are no words.

5:16 PM - Jun 13, 2016 #791

time to beat that pneumonia down and kick ass Todd! KTC stands proudly with you brother. Hang tough and keep fighting - you are an inspiration and leader.

9:45 AM - Jun 17, 2016 #793

We're all right behind you Trauma. Praying for you brother.

4:23 PM - Jun 17, 2016 #795

Hey trauma all the prayers are being heard my friend. You fight not only for yourself but for all of us and mostly for your family. When I had a heart attack I felt really sorry for myself. Just like the addict dipper I was, I was being selfish. Everytime I looked in my kid's and grandkids eyes there was strength and I realized I was going to take advantage of every day, minute , second and not waste any precious time. I listened to the doctors but mostly I listened to my heart and realized there's only one who knows when I will be leaving. You truly inspire me both emotionally and spiritually and I am no longer afraid to go when it's my time. I pray for you daily and will continue! God bless you and remember he's the time keeper.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #780 on: October 23, 2018, 07:54:26 PM »
11:07 PM - Mar 22, 2015 #390

Today is Monday, March 23rd...
Trauma is heading into surgery early this am to deal with the intestinal cancer he was diagnosed with on the 13th of this month. The VA isn't wasting anytime in dealing with it.

As a community of chewing tobacco addicts, it seems as if our biggest concerns usually center around cancers of the mouth/throat etc. Rightly so... That was the part of the body we abused most! However... It needs to be mentioned that T's intestinal issue is pro'ly directly related to the fact that he never spit when he dipped... He gutted it. Boys and girls... This addiction infects so many facets of our bodies and minds. There is a price to pay and sometimes it's going to be pretty damn steep.

Do everything you can to be free. It IS within your power to quit and stay that way.

Heartfelt and freely given... Prayers and good vibes to our brother and his fight!

12:22 PM - Jun 17, 2016 #794

I know I'm digging up an ancient post here . . but I thought I'd share what my doctor told me. I thought I was having heart issues, turned out to be gastro related. This was after I'd quit, and I protested that I didn't swallow it . . he said: "oh yes you did."

So, whether we "gutted" it or not, we were consuming it. Maybe in smaller amounts.

Thank you, Trauma, for sharing your journey. And frick cancer.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #779 on: October 23, 2018, 07:49:38 PM »
12:28 AM - Jun 13, 2016 #789

Thank you all I am gonna walk out of this place under my own power. Newest update wentto the er Saturday 102 temp and my o2 sats were 85-89 wo o2 assist. So o2 and iv antibiotics. Throughout these past days I been spiking fevers as high as 103. An adult at 103 hurts like hell when they break not to mention you sweat like hell drench the bed and got to change all the linen. I have double lung pneumonia and its not wanting to get w the program. I will not quit there will be a bag waiting for me before I give up.

12:40 AM - Jun 13, 2016 #790

Im loving you right now friend. Prayers going up for strength, peace, courage. Much love. There really are no words.

5:16 PM - Jun 13, 2016 #791

time to beat that pneumonia down and kick ass Todd! KTC stands proudly with you brother. Hang tough and keep fighting - you are an inspiration and leader.

9:45 AM - Jun 17, 2016 #793

We're all right behind you Trauma. Praying for you brother.

MY HOF speech