Author Topic: day 3  (Read 188624 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: day 3
« Reply #868 on: October 24, 2018, 03:17:54 PM »
5:54 AM - Aug 13, 2016 #882

Never have I in my 52 years ever been so touched by someone I never met. It was an honor and a pleasure to have been a very small part of Todds life. So saddened for your family, at the same time I'm smiling, knowing that you're no longer suffering and you're on the right had of our savior smiling as we continue on our journey. Some day my friend I shall shake the hand of the most courageous man I never met. Peace to your family and yes you definitely passed with dignity and grace! God bless all and remember what this man stood for and wanted here at Ktc and I will definitely say he has strengthened my quit in my battle! Quit on!
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #867 on: October 24, 2018, 03:17:15 PM »
5:29 AM - Aug 13, 2016 #881

RIP Todd, peace to you & yours.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #866 on: October 24, 2018, 03:16:57 PM »
5:15 AM - Aug 13, 2016 #880

A message for Todd's family;

Words right now have no meaning. Just know that there are folks still here that love and care for you. Lean into them as you work your way through this. My prayer is that you somehow find peace and comfort in this time of loss. God bless.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #865 on: October 24, 2018, 03:16:27 PM »
4:53 AM - Aug 13, 2016 #879

You've touched so many lives on KTC and have left another legacy for quitters to pattern after.
May God's grace be with your family and friends.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #864 on: October 24, 2018, 03:14:54 PM »
4:31 AM - Aug 13, 2016 #878

RIP Todd. You showed us courage and character in your fight.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #863 on: October 24, 2018, 03:14:33 PM »
2:01 AM - Aug 13, 2016 #877

FU cancer. You rob people of their lives and rob us of those we love. Rest in peace Todd. Damn you fought this so hard. Gave it all you had. Thank you for being a part of our lives. RIP Brother.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #862 on: October 24, 2018, 03:14:10 PM »
10:54 PM - Aug 12, 2016 #874

Todd passed away peacefully this evening.

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers in the coming days, and please consider a donation to the fund.

Todd's wish was to keep at least one of us from the horror that cancer really is. Use his story, his memory, to help you and others win.

Rest in peace, buddy... Heaven got a little brighter and a whole lot funnier tonight.

11:25 PM - Aug 12, 2016 #875

God bless sir.

11:29 PM - Aug 12, 2016 #876

Blessed this world was with the light of Todd.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #861 on: October 24, 2018, 03:13:30 PM »

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers in the coming days, and please consider a donation to the fund.

Todd's wish was to keep at least one of us from the horror that cancer really is. Use his story, his memory, to help you and others win.

Rest in peace, buddy... Heaven got a little brighter and a whole lot funnier tonight.

11:25 PM - Aug 12, 2016 #875

God bless sir.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #860 on: October 24, 2018, 03:12:55 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #859 on: October 24, 2018, 03:12:02 PM »
12:46 PM - Aug 12, 2016 #871

Always in my thoughts and prayers. Much Peace to you and your family. What a light in this world you are, I'll be Thankful knowing you.

2:01 PM - Aug 12, 2016 #872

Why always the good ones Lord? Damn........ Just.........Damn

5:44 PM - Aug 12, 2016 #873

You've been a model soldier in several types of war... Iraq, quitting nicotine, and fighting cancer. You've made many of us stronger, better people.

Peace be with you my dear friend.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #858 on: October 24, 2018, 03:11:26 PM »

Always in my thoughts and prayers. Much Peace to you and your family. What a light in this world you are, I'll be Thankful knowing you.

2:01 PM - Aug 12, 2016 #872

Why always the good ones Lord? Damn........ Just.........Damn

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #857 on: October 24, 2018, 03:10:46 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #856 on: October 24, 2018, 03:10:04 PM »
8:40 AM - Aug 10, 2016 #870

Praying for you today. I can't imagine how difficult this is. Know that you and your family is surrounded by people who want to support you.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #855 on: October 24, 2018, 03:09:38 PM »
4:49 AM - Aug 10, 2016 #869

Peace be with you and your family, Todd.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #854 on: October 24, 2018, 03:06:00 PM »
 6:11 AM - Aug 04, 2016 #868

Todd Garcia wrote:
Dip is not like smoking in my mind it is worse. Smoke free zones ya ya I dipped for years around people they never knew. so having a pouch in all day long was easy. I worked in a hospital and no one knew...See no one sees chewing/nicotine use as being a junky...its legal it doesnt affect anyone on the surface...blah blah so for me to find rock bottom I had to draw my own rock bottom line. Plus I really started noticing changes changes that I didnt like at all.

In one of my first conversations with Traumagnet (Todd), I was impressed with the level that he understood his quit. Todd quit using smokeless tobacco on April 17, 2013. He is still quit today and still active on the KTC. Unfortunately, Todd entered hospice on July 14, 2016 for colon cancer. As a thank you for all he's done for us at the KTC, I ask that you consider donating to the Todd Allen Garcia Donation Fund. You can donate through the Paypal link below or visit any local branch of the Gate City Bank to make a deposit. Donations can also be sent to the following address:
Todd Allen Garcia Donation Fund
Gate City Bank
Po Box 280
Minot, ND 58702
DONATE HERE!
Todd was born March 7, 1967. At the age of 17, he joined the Army and completed his training as a combat medic. After switching branches to the Air Force, Todd was placed into the radiology program. He served us proudly in Operation Desert Storm and returned home to be accepted into the nuclear medicine program in Bethesda MD. Because of his vast experience during his service, Todd was heavily sought by many hospitals. In 2012, Todd left direct patient care. His most recent job was with the Minot AFB Rivet Mile (which he absolutely loved).

Todd's wife of almost 3 years (Their anniversary is August 23.) is Brenda. She has worked as a mobile ultrasound technician for the last 17 years. She is on the Des Lacs School Board (VP, freshly reelected) and a Burlington Recreational Board Member. Todd's 17 son Seth is a senior this year and the varsity football captain. Already, he is showing much promise as a fine young man. Seth has his own contracting business and is talking trade schools post-graduation as well.

On March 16, 2015, Todd announced to the KTC that he had cancer:
Todd wrote:
Whew where to begin, well brothers and sisters today should be a joyous day 7th floor with 2 trips around the sun to follow and not to be overshadowed by too many other events right. Well, what I am about to follow up with is a warning my way to pay it forward a way for me to find something positive out of what I have found out. A way to reinforce to those that think they are cured and that they may be able to try a dance with their mistress/Reaper... This is a message to the vets as well as newbies it's not over. This isn't written for sympathy or pity I knew that this was a possibility when I thought I was a tough guy with my lip packed full of death.

Friday 3-13-15 a day I will never forget, I had a colonoscopy and yep you guessed it CANCER located close to where small and large intestines come together... I was a bad ass I didn't need a spitter I gutted it this pseudo-badge of courage is probably the culprit.

Funny what goes through your head when you get that kind of news first initial shock...followed up with panic, fear then sadness. It finally really hit me Sunday a.m. I broke down the thoughts that I may not get to see my wife again, smell her hair, see her smile, hear her laugh, miss her sarcasm...not getting to see my son play sports, graduate and see him go through life not getting to be a Grandpa...Yep all those moments be shared with others and not me. I took a walk down memory lane yesterday…have I put enough away for my family, what have I left for a legacy, have I given more than I have taken, will I be remembered or just another UST statistic... All that shit goes through your head...I am sure that are a lot more emotions to follow.

Today I am up and going I have shit to do before I go for surgery. I have to use all my tools that I have acquired from KTC and apply them moving forward. THIS DOES NOT GIVE ME THE RIGHT OR EXCUSE TO CHEW! This isn't going to be an I, it will be a WE, brothers and sisters from KTC, friends and family taking this head on one day at a time. I am absolutely impressed with the men and women of KTC who have already started pumping out support....THANK YOU.

For over a year now, he has battled this beast inside him. His 1,000 day quit had just passed. Todd recently celebrated his 1,200th day quit. He is very active on the site still. Quitting is not easy, but it has been easier with him around. He's always been very supportive from the time he started at the site sending me little notes of encouragement or just asking questions. Every post that I've ever read on this site is usually exclamated by the "Liked by Traumagnet" at the bottom of it. If you take a look at his intro, you will see that he touched many, many lives here. And those are just the public ones.

Todd wrote:
Well it appears that it has been awhile since I have put in an update. I had double pneumonia that landed me in the hospital for a week...then home health for a week giving me very strong antibiotics. After a week of that the nausea and pain were enough I woke up on a Monday morning and fired everyone. I called the VA and asked to be put on hospice. Hospice has been working with me to get me under control as far as pain and nausea go. I have been puking and dry heaving for days so finally last night they hooked me up to a morphine drip and a Tordol drip subQ. they have also discovered that I have chemo induced thrush from my mouth to my stomach so another obstacle to overcome.

I also carry a BRAF mutation with in the cancer war is like trying fight fires with gasoline. So I am on the hospice pony and just trying to ride whatever time I have left in relative comfort. So just trying to take it easy.

Once again just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has been on this ride with me, I also wanted to say if you text or email and I dont respond right away please dont take it personal there are days that just making it to tomorrow is the best I can do.
thanks
Trauma

Please find it in your heart to donate to Todd's fund. You can donate through the Paypal link below or visit any local branch of the Gate City Bank to make a deposit. The mailing address is above. These donations go to Todd and his family to assist with medical bills and other issues that arise in times like these. Todd has given a lot to us on the KTC and I feel that it's only right that we support him and his loved ones in these times.
God bless, Todd.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SUPPORT TODD, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 03:08:45 PM by traumagnet »

MY HOF speech