Author Topic: Day 11 and just starting to feel normal  (Read 654 times)

Offline shades3277

• Quitter
  • Interests: Sports nut followed closely by my 1976 corvette! Other than that I love being outdoors camping and spending time with my family.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 11 and just starting to feel normal
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »
Here I am on day 156 holding to my usual routine of surfing the KTC site being happy that I am quit and holding strong. What I have noticed is that as good as I feel it is sad to see groups shrink so quickly after 100.

Thanks for all the support from the people still posting daily in september of 2011 you all still rock! arrrggg!
What a day! And the air is just right for quitting.
Quit date 6-13-11
HOF date 9-20-11
Second Floor 12-29-11
Third Floor 4-7-12

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »
Quote from: shades3277
i am 5 days away from celebrating in the bar car on the train, but I wanted to add this in as a warning and learning point.

My daughter had to go into the hospital for unusual blood work, at 20 months old this is scary enough.  She was diagnosed with a curable desease, but a desease non the less.  So after several day of stress i have to say i was hearing from the nic bitch no less than 3-5 times a day the past couple of days.  whispering in my ear, I can help, just buy a can, then no worries things look ok lets celebrate.

i pushed through this but wanted to share this with everyone, even on day 95 I still have to remain just as vigilant and comitted to my quit.  Stay strong everyone and keep the quit.
Prayers for your daughter. Only something as evil as the nic bitch would try to exploit such a circumstance. She is truly evil. This is why we battle. Way to shut the door. Look forward to your 100.

Offline shades3277

• Quitter
  • Interests: Sports nut followed closely by my 1976 corvette! Other than that I love being outdoors camping and spending time with my family.
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 10:35:00 PM »
i am 5 days away from celebrating in the bar car on the train, but I wanted to add this in as a warning and learning point.

My daughter had to go into the hospital for unusual blood work, at 20 months old this is scary enough. She was diagnosed with a curable desease, but a desease non the less. So after several day of stress i have to say i was hearing from the nic bitch no less than 3-5 times a day the past couple of days. whispering in my ear, I can help, just buy a can, then no worries things look ok lets celebrate.

i pushed through this but wanted to share this with everyone, even on day 95 I still have to remain just as vigilant and comitted to my quit. Stay strong everyone and keep the quit.
Quit date 6-13-11
HOF date 9-20-11
Second Floor 12-29-11
Third Floor 4-7-12

Offline shades3277

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 01:23:00 AM »
Denny i am there with you my swashbucking friend. I think you need to be able to go back and look at these and see the pain that we were all in. I know for me I don't ever want to forget that pain. I need to embrace it so that I am never in that position again.

I agree with you I will post my name up with yours everyday, and proud to be quit with you and the rest of the pirates.
Quit date 6-13-11
HOF date 9-20-11
Second Floor 12-29-11
Third Floor 4-7-12

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 12:51:00 AM »
As a fellow aaarrrgggg, I'm proud to post me name next to yours every day. You're right, it is strange to go back and read the early posts. Take any vet here on the site and look up their intro thread. We all started out in the same place, desperate and broken. There is so much good material in all of these intro threads, especially those that span hundreds of days (except ninereasons, who seems to speak with wisdom bestowed from Allmighty since day 1. Every sentence there is $150 saved from a visit to a shrink...but I digress). Every day we get stronger. Proud to be quit with you today shades!

Offline shades3277

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 12:17:00 PM »
THanks for the support LL! Stuff like this just makes my quit that much stronger.
Quit date 6-13-11
HOF date 9-20-11
Second Floor 12-29-11
Third Floor 4-7-12

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »
Proud to be Quit with you!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline shades3277

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
Wow this was a while ago, I remember this guy struggling to get through each day.

I like to go back and read my old posts and introductions so I know, how good I have it now! Day 88 and going strong.
Quit date 6-13-11
HOF date 9-20-11
Second Floor 12-29-11
Third Floor 4-7-12

Offline nicofiend

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 01:20:00 AM »
Very wise decision to quit Shades! Just post roll ,promise not to dip that day, repeat next day= key to success ( not easy but a success) Proud to be quit with you today! Nico

Offline shades3277

• Quitter
Day 11 and just starting to feel normal
« on: June 23, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »
Hi Guys and Gals,

I don't think I ever posted my intro when I started I am on Day 11 now. I was so determined to get quit that I skipped right over this. Then once I started the fog hit me so bad I don't think I could type my name. Just posting roll took me 20 minutes each morning. That was 3 or 4 days of pure hell.

But, beyond that here is a little bit about me. I dipped skoal mint for 15 years and have a second child on the way. I was sick of lying over dirt in my lip and finally decided that it was time for me to quit. Not for my wife, not my kids, but for me. I think that is what the difference has been. I am not doing this for them (I am sure they appreciate it very much), but I need to do this for me. And I am ready to continue my quit today.

It is strange still now after a few days, working on my car without a dip in seemed strange at first, but then I realized I am not panicked about where I am going to spit while I am on my back under my car was a pretty good feeling. Life has been getting better one day at a time. I hope to continue that way.

Thanks for everyone listening to my little speech and I look foward to continuing my quit with alll of you.

Shoot me a line and we can talk if you would like it has been a pleasure to meet some of you already so far.

Thanks

Shades3277
Quit date 6-13-11
HOF date 9-20-11
Second Floor 12-29-11
Third Floor 4-7-12