Author Topic: Day 1 recap and start of day 2  (Read 840 times)

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1 recap and start of day 2
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 07:27:00 PM »
Quote from: soot
Quote from: CavMan83
Quote from: Jadyn
Like I said, behind my back molars hurt when I chew gum and I know that's my body playing tricks on me because it never happened with food when I was chewing!!!!! 'help'
I ran in to that too at first.

After 22 days of constant gum chewing the muscle and joint pain is long gone, much as it is after several weeks of newly exercising any muscle/joint group, and now I'm working on building giant mandibles like a Stag Beetle so I can chew through steel rebar.

Well, not really all that, but the pain is certainly gone.

Like you said, your mind is just playing tricks on you.

Cancer wouldn't develop that quickly and it likely isn't some other form of gumandmouthypuckeyitis.

When you chew meals you're chewing for what, a half hour, maybe 45 minutes total in a day; I mean ACTIVELY chewing.

When I started this quit I bumped my ACTIVE chewing up to hours and hours.

Of course it's gonna hurt some.
I dunno soot, I think you might be pissin' up the proverbial rope...... ain't seen Jadyn round here lately....
Maybe so, but I find that it's been helping me to try being helpful to other quitters.

So even if he isn't gonna read it, it made my quit stronger by typing it.

Hope you're wrong about him though.
I used the fake stuff for a few months. I even bought a can about 2 months ago. Being close to a year quit it hit me so instead of buying the real thing I bought the fake. Seeds, Gum, Lifesavers, Beef Jerky and the fake stuff. Use what you must to stay away from the evil can. I used Smokey Mountain for the most part. I ordered Bacoff or however it's spelled but it was to dry.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline soot

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-07-10
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 03:58:00 PM »
Like I said, behind my back molars hurt when I chew gum and I know that's my body playing tricks on me because it never happened with food when I was chewing!!!!! 'help'

After 22 days of constant gum chewing the muscle and joint pain is long gone, much as it is after several weeks of newly exercising any muscle/joint group, and now I'm working on building giant mandibles like a Stag Beetle so I can chew through steel rebar.

Cancer wouldn't develop that quickly and it likely isn't some other form of gumandmouthypuckeyitis.

When you chew meals you're chewing for what, a half hour, maybe 45 minutes total in a day; I mean ACTIVELY chewing.

I dunno soot, I think you might be pissin' up the proverbial rope...... ain't seen Jadyn round here lately....
Maybe so, but I find that it's been helping me to try being helpful to other quitters.

So even if he isn't gonna read it, it made my quit stronger by typing it.

Hope you're wrong about him though.

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 02:55:00 PM »

Offline soot

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 01:59:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 01:28:00 PM »
Quote from: Cope30
Congrats on the quit.
Exchange digits with your group, it will help
The Ol Nic Bitch will try to get you back, she will tell you it will make everything all better again.....Don't listen to the Bitch, she's a liar.

I quit with you today
Another one, just like Joe1992....what I told Jadyn through the KTC Email system was EXACTLY what I told Joe....

Posting is EVERY DAY. Not just Monday thru Friday. I hope you're still quit, but weekends and new quits are dangerous combinations. If you don't have access to a computer, you can still use your smartphone to post roll. If you don't have a smartphone, you can text your quit promise in to another one of your quit group brothers. If you don't have any digits, you're not doing this accountability thing correctly. So, ball's in your court dude. You gonna quit or what?
This is disappointing but also makes me secure in knowing this system works, all it takes is 30 seconds and a promise.

Don't be this guy, this guy is gonna have to go through withdrawals again - if he elects to finally quit.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 09:55:00 AM »
Quote from: Cope30
Congrats on the quit.
The Ol Nic Bitch will try to get you back, she will tell you it will make everything all better again.....Don't listen to the Bitch, she's a liar.

I quit with you today
Another one, just like Joe1992....what I told Jadyn through the KTC Email system was EXACTLY what I told Joe....

Posting is EVERY DAY. Not just Monday thru Friday. I hope you're still quit, but weekends and new quits are dangerous combinations. If you don't have access to a computer, you can still use your smartphone to post roll. If you don't have a smartphone, you can text your quit promise in to another one of your quit group brothers. If you don't have any digits, you're not doing this accountability thing correctly. So, ball's in your court dude. You gonna quit or what?

Offline Cope30

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-16
  • Interests: Hunting and Fishing!http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 11:42:00 PM »
Congrats on the quit.

I quit with you today
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

HOF 11/24/15 Zombroski Nymphos
1st Floor 11-24-15
2nd Floor 3-3-16
3rd Floor 6-11-16
4th Floor 9-19-16
5th Floor 12-27-16
6th Floor 4-7-17

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/

http://www.panicend.com/de.html

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 06:13:00 PM »
Day 1 was hard. But day 2 is even harder. Day 1 for me was irritable, thinking about it, mouth started watering after lunch with my mother yesterday and then I remembered, I quit. Cold turkey. My fiancé still doesn't believe me because I've lied to her all these months of "quitting" and I didn't actually quit, I just took smaller dips.. Well no more am I held down by a ball  chain. So day 1 was thinking about it a lot but remembering the promise I made to my brothers. And day 2...... Payday. fiancé and mother in law just left to go run errands. Home all alone, store 2 minutes down the road. Headache is going away, I think I'm gonna try the beef jerky in a can, has anybody else tried that method? Or have any ideas? Like I said, behind my back molars hurt when I chew gum and I know that's my body playing tricks on me because it never happened with food when I was chewing!!!!! 'help'
Day 2 is hard...not as hard as beating cancer, jaw/tongue removal, chemo, feeding tubes, etc. But it is hard.

Attitude is everything...you GET to feel this shitty because you CHOSE to save a life. You are a hero, man. Now make the choice to see it that way. Never miss a chance to celebrate your quit. Congrats!!!

Offline Armydan13

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm an asshole.
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 12:39:00 PM »
Jadyn,

Smokey mountain or Jake's (the fake crap) was huge for me in the first week and a half. I got 5 cans from amazon for a decent price and anytime the seeds or water wasn;t working I would thrown in a fake dip; It felt like the real deal and helped calm me down. Many people think that you can get hooked on the fake stuff but don't be fooled; you won't crave the fake stuff after the second week (at least through my personal experience).

PM me if you have any questions! Here to help!

Brotherhood+Accountability+Dick Pics = Success

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 01:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Did you get other quitters digits yet? Sending a text when a crave hits can be a quit saver. Keep yourself busy. If I can quit, so can you. Get through this SUCK period, and by Monday you should be feeling better.
Listen to this badass, he's helped me a lot! I quit with you today! ODAAT!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
Did you get other quitters digits yet? Sending a text when a crave hits can be a quit saver. Keep yourself busy. If I can quit, so can you. Get through this SUCK period, and by Monday you should be feeling better.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 10:19:00 AM »
Day 1 was hard. But day 2 is even harder. Day 1 for me was irritable, thinking about it, mouth started watering after lunch with my mother yesterday and then I remembered, I quit. Cold turkey. My fiancé still doesn't believe me because I've lied to her all these months of "quitting" and I didn't actually quit, I just took smaller dips.. Well no more am I held down by a ball  chain. So day 1 was thinking about it a lot but remembering the promise I made to my brothers. And day 2...... Payday. fiancé and mother in law just left to go run errands. Home all alone, store 2 minutes down the road. Headache is going away, I think I'm gonna try the beef jerky in a can, has anybody else tried that method? Or have any ideas? Like I said, behind my back molars hurt when I chew gum and I know that's my body playing tricks on me because it never happened with food when I was chewing!!!!! 'help'
There is a number of folks that used jerky and a lot used fake chew as well. (Smokey Mountain)
Your body is healing and adjusting to the new you, give it time.
Lastly, remember your word, post roll and stay quit!
Idaho Spuds

Offline Jadyn

• Quit Date: 2016-07-27
Day 1 recap and start of day 2
« on: July 28, 2016, 09:03:00 AM »
5\27\17 Stay Frosty! C.T.