Author Topic: SRains918  (Read 24357 times)

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • January '18 F.U.R.Y. Council
  • Quit Date: 9/29/17 And Every Damn Day Since
  • Likes Given: 2887
Re: SRains918 - My Intro (Originally started 10/4/17 @ 12:28pm)
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 07:01:32 PM »
Quote from: Jeff W
SRAINS if you do every single thing you just laid out in that post then you will be successful!  Post Roll EDD, Post Roll EDD, Post Roll EDD!  I  cannot stress this enough.  Digits sent

... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 07:00:37 PM »
10/5/17 @ 07:40

A few people have pointed out that I'd been "counting" wrong and shorting myself a day because I wasn't counting the first day I actually quit. I'm sure most people outside KTC don't give a rats ass, but to this 30+ year addict day 7 sounds a hell of a lot better than day 6 for some reason so I'm gonna take it!

Thank you to all that have reached out so far. I want to apologize for what I'm sure have been some incoherent rambling replies. I'm happy to exchange digits with anyone, and especially encourage those in my Jan18 Quit Group to hit me up if I miss you over the next few days. I'm doing my best to figure out the ins and outs of the site (while pretending to work), but have been having a tough time focusing on anything for too long as I know you've all been through (or are going through).

I'm going to document my journey through this intro feed at least every few days (probably more often in the beginning). I think being able to go back and look at what I've been through so far will help me when I have rough days down the road.

I'm going to post my roll call daily. No excuses. One thing that has been mentioned to me repeatedly is accountability, and I already see the benefits of that. Quit one habit, start a new one (roll call). That seems like a fair trade.

I'm going to send my digits to everyone in my quit group. More accountability. Quit as a group. Support each other. Talk each other down when necessary.

I'm going to keep reading as much as I can on here; Your stories and your journey. It helps so much to read something and realize the crap I'm dealing with is normal for the day range of my quit and that I'm not alone and that it is possible to beat this daily.

I'm open to any other suggestions or ideas or resources!!!

My Day 6 yesterday started out great! Mornings have been tough for me; that first dip always came almost as soon as I opened my eyes. Oddly enough, this has been the easiest one to avoid so far. As long as I don't buy a can of shit the day before, I don't have a can in the morning to be tempted by. Yesterday (and today) have been the first two days it really hasn't bothered me in the morning. I was more social at work yesterday. Pretty much everyone knows I've quit and they've been incredibly supportive. I'm able to keep to myself at work when I need to and that's really helped because I can just walk away and compose myself when the tension gets to be too much. For the most part yesterday was a good day until I went grocery shopping with my S/O, and then panic set in. Stupid things that set me off. Too many people. Not knowing what was on our list so I didn't know where to go. We started on the wrong side and didn't do the store in the right order. We went down aisles, moved on, and realized we needed other things down that aisle and had to go back. Stupid. Meaningless. Shit. Fortunately she was incredibly patient with me and helped ease me through it. By the time we got home I could feel the stress leaving my body and the rest of the night was fairly uneventful. I don't remember the fog from my first quit (well, I guess that was a one year "stop" and not a quit), but it's a bigger part of this quit so far than almost anything else. I can't focus. I'm easily distracted. I find myself staring off into space and wonder how long I've been doing that. Walking helps a lot. I'm normally desk bound, so I've tried to make myself get up and walk around to help clear my head a little.

Today is day 7. I am quit today, so tomorrow I can add a day to that number. Right now my first goal is 10. Baby steps.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement!!!

... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 06:59:15 PM »
Quote from: RDB
Welcome.

The formula is simple - Post your promise. Keep your promise. Repeat daily. The freedom is worth the price.

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 06:57:57 PM »
Quote from: FISHFLORIDA
Quote from: srains918
I'm Steve, and my last dip was Friday 9/29/17. I have been nicotine free since.

I have been dipping for far longer than I care to admit (30 out of the last 31 years). I quit for over a year 8 years ago, but caved. If I had known about this site and had these kinds of resources I think I would have been able to get the help I needed then to stay quit. I'm glad that I've found it now and will be on here daily checking in, encouraging others, and looking for help when I need it. I have been trying to read and research through the fog and the moods and the lack of focus over the past couple days and have already found incredible stories and have seen how supportive everyone is of each other. It's amazing how dead accurate the list of symptoms is for me so far, and I appreciate that as a resource to know what to expect in the future.

I joined my quit group and added my name to roll call. Thank you to everyone that has encouraged me so far!!!

Today has been my best day so far, but I can feel the "fog" rolling in. Hopefully it didn't cause me to ramble too much!

Welcome Steve and congrats on making the best decision of your life.  A couple of things yer' gonna' need ta' know..  Exchanging digits is part of the accountability part of this site.  Don't be scared, your fellow quitter nor anyone else want to stalk you.  We're quite sure you've got skid marks and a drawer in your house that we don't want to know about.  What we do want is you commitment to quit every day by posting your day quit number and your promise not to use nicotine. The phone numbers of fellow quitters in your month (as well as some other vets) are your lifeline to quit.  More than once have I called a fellow quitter in my early month when I thought I couldn't take it.  They talked me down and got me through the suck. I too dipped for just over 30 years with one year in between.  If this sorry bastard can do it, so can you.  Digits are in you inbox (located in the upper right hand of your screen)

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
SRains918
« on: September 26, 2018, 06:56:40 PM »
(Originally started 10/4/17 @ 12:28pm here)

I'm Steve, and my last dip was Friday 9/29/17. I have been nicotine free since.

I have been dipping for far longer than I care to admit (30 out of the last 31 years). I quit for over a year 8 years ago, but caved. If I had known about this site and had these kinds of resources I think I would have been able to get the help I needed then to stay quit. I'm glad that I've found it now and will be on here daily checking in, encouraging others, and looking for help when I need it. I have been trying to read and research through the fog and the moods and the lack of focus over the past couple days and have already found incredible stories and have seen how supportive everyone is of each other. It's amazing how dead accurate the list of symptoms is for me so far, and I appreciate that as a resource to know what to expect in the future.

I joined my quit group and added my name to roll call. Thank you to everyone that has encouraged me so far!!!

Today has been my best day so far, but I can feel the "fog" rolling in. Hopefully it didn't cause me to ramble too much!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 04:35:47 PM by SRains918 »