Author Topic: SRains918  (Read 24758 times)

Offline Adam4stomp

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/9/2017
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: SRains918
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2018, 08:04:00 AM »
poof

Offline Adam4stomp

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/9/2017
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2018, 07:42:00 AM »
'nutkick' January '18 F.U.R.Y. 'nutkick'
We've got the biggest balls of them all

Wednesday , August 1, 2018
'waiting' SSOA - 100% Posting is EXPECTED EACH DAY ASAFP 'waiting'

A clean version of roll can be found here
Ladies and Gentlemen of the The Fury ...We've got big balls
NameDays Quit, Promise, DT discussion
Names are in order by quit dateFind your name and add your promise at the end
Lancer101
Snoopy
Donewithit83
SRains918
Waterman
RickB
CampofEchten
gatorade
BluManChew
bigrick_2u
Texas Chief
cday 14
Kylejw27
TPutney
Currecp
rogerpersson
Trainerjesse
Angel
Jiffy
DiscoVietnam25
MattyB
Wastepanel
Tonifer
Swilson
69Franx
Support from other Bad Ass Quitters:
Adam4stomp 236 with MattyB

Offline Jiffy

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/23/17
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2018, 06:48:00 AM »

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2018, 09:03:00 PM »
Steve,
Great work on 300. And I say "work" because I know that's what it is. Although I was there when you started, you've helped to solidify my quit as well, probably more than you know. Get ready for another 300 daily texts.
Dave DBA FISHFLORIDA
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 975
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2018, 12:36:00 PM »
Congrats my brother, you are a huge part of my quit.... now.... and for years to come.

Damn proud of you sir.
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Leonidas

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
  • Schizophrenic Born Again Problem Child
  • Likes Given: 1186
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2018, 12:07:00 PM »
Congratulations Steve.
You do a lot for KTC, and it doesn't go unnoticed.
Thank you sir!
Nothing Gold Can Stay

"When I grow up, I'm gonna grow a Man Bun!!!" - MNxEngineer314

"Yes I'm a weasel, but look! My name's RED!!!" - walterwhite

"Matt....Da_mon...." - Palpatine

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • January '18 F.U.R.Y. Council
  • Quit Date: 9/29/17 And Every Damn Day Since
  • Likes Given: 2887
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2018, 12:04:00 PM »
I just want to take a minute and thank you all. Holy shit. 300. It's hard to believe, and at the same time it's not.

I'm grateful to all of my January brothers and sisters, whether they're still posting with us or not. I'm proud as FUCK to be making this journey with you all, and you've all helped me in one form or another over the course of the last 300 days. THANK YOU!!!

I'm incredibly thankful for all of the "crusty old vets" that have helped me (and put up with my bullshit) along the way. Every single one of you is an example of what's possible for those of us that are following you, as long as we follow that simple formula. WUPPEDD. It works. I see that every day with you all that are still posting at 500, 1000, 2000, and more. My 300 is but a drop in the bucket...

You "newbies" - I want to thank you too. Part of the reason I've made it this far is watching you struggling early in YOUR quits. It helps remind me where I've been, what I don't want to go through again, and how hard this truly is. If you're reading this and thinking about quitting - do it. Now. It's going to SUCK, but once you get through it's incredible!

Thank you all for being a part of my own personal quit journey. There is no f'n way I could do this on my own!!!

On to 400, ODAAFT!!!
... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2018, 04:51:00 PM »
291 Days

Dear Intro,

I've had a few weird days from time to time over the last couple of weeks. Not craves per se, more like "You can have just one, it'll help you with..." and then I quickly come to my senses. I know there isn't ANYTHING that dip can do to "help" with anything. I've jumped off that bridge before (as I've mentioned here and there throughout the site) and learned my lesson... No chance of a cave during that time, it was just a bit odd so I threw it in here because I know it's not just me...

Quite honestly, things are fan-fucking-tastic beyond that. Craves are few and far between. I'm not as much of an asshole, or at least not as committed to being one, as I was for the first couple hundred. I still have my moments I suppose... Overall, things are GREAT!

Hard to believe third floor is right around the corner... Then a year... Wow...

Finally ran out and bought a scale over the weekend. This fat guy gained another 45 pounds (that I didn't need) over the last 291 days or so quitting dip. Totally my fault, and I think a fair amount of that can also be attributed to not coaching soccer any more as well (I'm walking about a mile and a half to two miles less per day). So, Patty and I ran out and did what many other empty nesters before us have done - we started buying stuff to turn a spare room into a simple home gym. We spent about $75 on Offer-up for an inclining treadmill and an elliptical with a bike attachment. We got rid of my larger desk and filing cabinet and downsized to something that fits a little better at no cost. We got the stereo set up, as well as a TV, to keep ourselves entertained and picked up a ceiling fan that will eventually find it's way into our grandsons room (for now though, it can help keep US cooler). I also cancelled my gym membership that I haven't been using, so the room will pay for itself in a couple of months. That may seem counterproductive (cancelling the gym), but it just pissed me off to see it debited from my account every month and not get used. It's too hot to walk at any point really right now, so I think this will work out perfectly... I'm going to track my food, start meal prepping, and work out at home daily. That's the plan anyway, and I'll post progress here to keep myself accountable.

No time to get cocky or complacent. I know better. I stopped a year and a half on my own before I fell off. That's not gonna happen this time. I won't let it, ODAAT.
... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2018, 11:55:00 AM »
Everything I've done up to this
point in my life has led me to
where I am today; and I'm pretty
fucking happy about it. All of my
decisions, both good and bad, got
me here. I regret nothing.
Author Unknown

Offline Jiffy

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/23/17
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2018, 03:57:00 AM »
'nutkick'January Great Balls of F.U.R.Y.'nutkick'
We've got the biggest balls of them all
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
SSOA - 100% Posting is EXPECTED EACH DAY ASAFP
Notes  Milestones

F.U.R.Y. HOF Speeches

JTL HOF SpeechSRains918 HOF SpeechKylejw27 HOF Speech
Brick's HOF SpeechTPutney HOF SpeechTexas Chief HOF Speech
Currecp HOF SpeechDiscoVietnam25 HOF SpeechMattyB HOF Speech

You can find the full (combined) current narrative here for part 1 and here for part 2 for your viewing pleasure!
Ladies and Gentlemen of the The Fury ...We've got big balls
Lancer101
Snoopy
Donewithit83
SRains918
Waterman
RickB
CampofEchten
gatorade
BluManChew
bigrick_2u
Texas Chief
cday 14
Kylejw27
TPutney
Currecp
emoney
rogerpersson
Trainerjesse
Angel
Jiffy 259
DiscoVietnam25
MattyB
Wastepanel
Tonifer
Swilson
69Franx

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2018, 01:33:00 PM »

Sent this message to someone and posted in a couple of the newer groups, but wanted to preserve it here in my intro as well.

**********************************************************************************************

Name Witheld,

I haven't mentioned this to anyone and I won't. I did read it back when you wrote it, but was on my phone and didn't want to reply from there (it's a little tougher when you have a lot you want to say). By the time I did log on to my laptop (I tried to stay off my PC while I was on vacation), I decided to let it stew a little more so I could put some real thought into it and NOT react or reply emotionally. I am going to post this (with anything that might identify you removed first) in some of the newer groups though because now that I've started replying I think it can potentially help some of the newer quitters.

I knew why you left. You didn't have to say it. You can't say "It wasn't the addict mind" and "The nicotine isn't what keeps me going back" without at least acknowledging that these things both come from the dreaded "Addict-speak" we hear so much about and come to hate. You wanted to dip. You planned to cave. You left. End of story.

The fact of the matter is that nicotine is every bit as addictive and difficult to quit as heroin. Let that sink in for just a minute... All of the health risks associated with use aside, this shit is every bit as hard to quit as FUCKING HEROIN!!! They'll strap your ass down and give you other drugs for quitting that addiction cold turkey when you try to quit though. Nicotine is freaking legal, so quitting is up to you and you're pretty much on your own.

That's one of the reasons we're all such assholes as we quit, and the root of why we all go through the same things at approximately the same times in our quits. The chemicals in tobacco, much much worse and more concentrated in dip and delivered directly into your bloodstream through your mouth, quickly wire your brain in such a way that you associate pretty much everything positive with that nicotine fix and most things negative with the absence of that fix. It takes weeks or months to form these connections initially, they grow stronger the longer you dip (or smoke), and then it literally takes YEARS to overcome this and re-wire yourself when you quit.

I know quite a few people that have quit smoking. I don't know a single person that has successfully quit dip, outside the people that I know through KTC. Their stories. The things the people before me have gone through. The struggles. The wins. The things that work (for them). The things that don't. Seeing people posting daily with over 1K days quit. These are the things that have helped me so far. These are the things (in some cases) that have scared the shit out of me and kept me posting daily. I'm not a kid. My kids are grown. The time (31 years or so) I spent playing Russian Roulette with tobacco will be in the back of my mind for the rest of my life. Did I wait too long? I can't and won't ever know the answer to that unless something obvious happens in the near future. What I do know is that the best thing to do is to never, ever, EVER fucking start. The next best thing? Quit as early as possible, suffer through the withdrawal, and minimize the amount of time you spend poisoning your heart (or lungs, or mouth, or throat, or stomach, or colon). Today is the newest best day to quit.

I know you believe that "I know myself and I know this isn't a nicotine addiction talking", but that's exactly what that nic bitch wants you to believe. You will not be able to quit until you realize and understand that. When you're ready, truly ready to quit and be quit please let me know. I will be here to support you every step of the way, but you're going to have to answer those dreaded questions first and make a real commitment to quit... YOU can do this. You can quit. KTC can help if you'll drink the kool-aid and do all the right things...

Best of luck!

Steve

**********************************************************************************************

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2018, 11:44:00 PM »
Quote from: srains918
I posted this in a couple of the groups, but wanted it preserved here too...

Here I am at 279. Tomorrow is 40 weeks. I could have gotten pregnant the day I quit and the baby would be due tomorrow, and how's THAT for a beautiful mental image... The point is, it's been a while since I quit.

I was off Monday and my GF had some running around to do. My first thought was "Great, I'll have time to myself so I can..." and then I stopped myself. 279 days in and one of my first thoughts about having a little "alone" time was that I could throw a dip in and have peace and quiet while I watched the soccer game. I wasn't craving. I don't have and won't buy dip and no one in the house consumes nicotine in any form. I'm not (currently) in any danger of caving. It's just that the nic bitch has been so embedded into my every day life that those thoughts STILL pop up on their own from time to time because that's what my life used to revolve around.

Crazy...
Those little reminders of you winning should be savored. They ensure that you wonÂ’t forget the path you traveled to get to where you are. Freedom.

Happy Independence Day bro. ??????

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2018, 02:04:00 PM »
I posted this in a couple of the groups, but wanted it preserved here too...

Here I am at 279. Tomorrow is 40 weeks. I could have gotten pregnant the day I quit and the baby would be due tomorrow, and how's THAT for a beautiful mental image... The point is, it's been a while since I quit.

I was off Monday and my GF had some running around to do. My first thought was "Great, I'll have time to myself so I can..." and then I stopped myself. 279 days in and one of my first thoughts about having a little "alone" time was that I could throw a dip in and have peace and quiet while I watched the soccer game. I wasn't craving. I don't have and won't buy dip and no one in the house consumes nicotine in any form. I'm not (currently) in any danger of caving. It's just that the nic bitch has been so embedded into my every day life that those thoughts STILL pop up on their own from time to time because that's what my life used to revolve around.

Crazy...

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2018, 02:03:00 PM »
Quote from: FLLipOut
Quote from: Broccoli-saurus
Quote from: skolvikings
Quote from: 69Franx
'nutkick'January Great F.U.R.R.Y. Balls'nutkick'
We've got the hairiest balls of them all. It's like Chewbacca down there!
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Notes  Milestones

F.U.R.R.Y. shriveled nuts HOF Speeches

You can find the full (combined) current narrative here for part 1 and here for part 2 for your viewing pleasure!
Ladies and Gentlemen of the The Furry
Lancer101
Snoopy
Donewithit83
SRains918
Waterman
RickB
CampofEchten
gatorade
BluManChew
bigrick_2u
Texas Chief
cday 14
TPutney
Currecp
emoney
rogerpersson
Trainerjesse
Angel
Jiffy 231
DiscoVietnam25
MattyB
Wastepanel
Tonifer
Swilson
69Franx
[/td][/tr][/table]
Broc 368 with Srains. Dude, you are one badass quitter and I'm super proud of the man you are. Glad we've grown to be the friends that we are, and I love this little weird intro format. You rock brotha.

You know Broc, if you came out to visit Vegas is a pretty short road trip away!!!

Holy crap, that's almost scary to even think about...

EDIT - And I'm proud AF to be quit (and more) with you! You make me laugh and keep me on my toes and I'm happy to admit anywhere but online that we've become great friends...

Shit...

Oh well... I'll leave it... (Don't tell anyone)
I've never been to Vegas. Is there anything to do there for a guy like me?
I'm sure we'll come up with something... roflmao

Better bring bail money...
Good plan
Pretty sure you cannot bail yourself out, unless you have the full amount. Or so I have been told
If itÂ’s a Vegas trip IÂ’m in, but I am flying, no shitty road trip.... cuz IÂ’m a [sizebig]BALLA[/size]
Why didnÂ’t that work?
Kids these days...

ItÂ’s [big] [/big]

Look up, it should be right there beside the smaller button. ?
Brocc...you going to come clean?

It is because of Brocc we can't have nice things. Well, big things, anyway....
Oh we (F.U.R.Y.) know. He broke the big button WHILE he was screwing with us.

Bastard.

roflmao

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2018, 03:17:00 PM »
Quote from: 69Franx
'nutkick'January Great F.U.R.R.Y. Balls'nutkick'
We've got the hairiest balls of them all. It's like Chewbacca down there!
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Notes  Milestones

F.U.R.R.Y. shriveled nuts HOF Speeches

Ladies and Gentlemen of the The Furry
Lancer101
Snoopy
Donewithit83
SRains918
Waterman
RickB
CampofEchten
gatorade
BluManChew
bigrick_2u
Texas Chief
cday 14
TPutney
Currecp
emoney
rogerpersson
Trainerjesse
Angel
Jiffy 231
DiscoVietnam25
MattyB
Wastepanel
Tonifer
Swilson
69Franx
[/td][/tr][/table]
Broc 368 with Srains. Dude, you are one badass quitter and I'm super proud of the man you are. Glad we've grown to be the friends that we are, and I love this little weird intro format. You rock brotha.

You know Broc, if you came out to visit Vegas is a pretty short road trip away!!!

Holy crap, that's almost scary to even think about...

EDIT - And I'm proud AF to be quit (and more) with you! You make me laugh and keep me on my toes and I'm happy to admit anywhere but online that we've become great friends...

Shit...

Oh well... I'll leave it... (Don't tell anyone)
I've never been to Vegas. Is there anything to do there for a guy like me?
I'm sure we'll come up with something... roflmao

Better bring bail money...
Good plan
Pretty sure you cannot bail yourself out, unless you have the full amount. Or so I have been told
If itÂ’s a Vegas trip IÂ’m in, but I am flying, no shitty road trip.... cuz IÂ’m a [sizebig]BALLA[/size]
Why didnÂ’t that work?
Kids these days...

ItÂ’s [big] [/big]

Look up, it should be right there beside the smaller button. ?
Brocc...you going to come clean?

It is because of Brocc we can't have nice things. Well, big things, anyway....
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24