Author Topic: horseman  (Read 3138 times)

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: horseman
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
Welcome to the fun house Horseman! You are getting some expert advice and support already from some quitters with punch! Im only a little ahead of you but wanted to weigh with some support since I see some of my early years in your story- I grew up around horses and dippers, etc. My one longer stop in the past was probably about 6 -10 months, too- solo but with xyban. Didn't take because i thought I could just dip a little from time to time- didin't understand the addiction and didn't have support or accountabilty- it was very easy for me to be a "ninja" dipper- dipping in secret.

Now it's different becuase I found this site. The more you learn, the more you will hate nicotine because of the nastiness of the addiction. The more you work the site, the more support and accountability you will create- and that will carry you through the hard times. It will be tough at times, but it gets better. I can tell you that much already.

Get numbers, get a network of accountability and support, and you will help yourself quit for good. Day three is great--- keep it going, one day at a time, or one hour at a time if need be!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 10:51:00 AM »
Welcome Horseman, great decision to be quit! You are on your way!
You absolutely can do this. I was a 35+ year user, now clean for 686 days. There are thousands of bad ass quitters on this board who will help you. The key, promise us and yourself no dip today by putting your name on roll. Nut up and keep that promise today. Do it again tomorrow. Reach out and make some friends here, let them help hold you accountable. Simple, but not easy. Don't punch anyone in the throat or take out your rage on your family. Come in here to vent (live chat, PMs, whatever), we completely understand it and can take it. You absolutely can do this!
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Suds

• Quitter
  • Interests: quitting dip, my kids, woodworking, baseball
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 10:34:00 AM »
Welcome to KTC amigo. Day three is awesome. Guessing you have read through the welcome center. Check your inbox and keep up the good work.
QLAFM

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
Quote from: horseman
Well, I am a quitter, day 3. It will be a good day if I can make it through it without a dip or punching someone in the throat.
I am 44 and have dipped since I was 20. I have quit once before on my own (didnt know of this place ) for 6 months. Thought I could handle dipping every once in awhile.
My story is probably like a broken record.
I train horses for a living and hang around dippers all the time. Hard to be around it so much.
Jenny's (I think that was her name) story brought me to my knees. I want to have a long life with my wife and son. I see him look at me like I looked at my father.
So!!!!! Today is my day three of being a quitter.
Pray I dont punch anyone in the throat today, I guess that goes for anyday.
My prayer for you is that you lose the "if I can make it" attitude. You don't realize it now, but YOU CAN do this!!! So, go ahead and call your shot. Step up to the plate and point your effing bat at left field. Nothing...and I mean abso-fuckin-lutely nothing...can force you to put that shit in your mouth today. You're in control now.

Go to the Welcome Center. Learn how and why we post roll...then do it. Remember, you're not saying you never will do it again. None of us is making that promise. All we are doing, and all we ask of you, is promise not to do it TODAY. Today is all that matters.

That is all there is to it. We'll deal with tomorrow, next week, next month, whatever when they get here. So, post roll and read all you can on this site. If you need anything, just ask. Oh, and don't punch anyone in the throat today. :P

Offline VAWilly

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
You're doing a good thing Horseman. I'm on Day 8 and have quit in the past on my own. I don't mind so much the hell I experience as I withdrawal; it's the hell my son and daughter experience that tears me up . So no, there's absolutely no such thing as just one. I never want them to go through my mindless and groundless anger again. Hang tough!
Live Usefully

Offline horseman

• Quitter
  • Interests: Faith, Family, horses, guns
horseman
« on: December 26, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »
Well, I am a quitter, day 3. It will be a good day if I can make it through it without a dip or punching someone in the throat.
I am 44 and have dipped since I was 20. I have quit once before on my own (didnt know of this place ) for 6 months. Thought I could handle dipping every once in awhile.
My story is probably like a broken record.
I train horses for a living and hang around dippers all the time. Hard to be around it so much.
Jenny's (I think that was her name) story brought me to my knees. I want to have a long life with my wife and son. I see him look at me like I looked at my father.
So!!!!! Today is my day three of being a quitter.
Pray I dont punch anyone in the throat today, I guess that goes for anyday.
FREEEEDDDOOOMMM!!!!!!! - Mel Gibson

A man who wants something will find a way, a man who doesn't will find an excuse