Author Topic: The dip can is no longer my ball and chain...  (Read 14788 times)

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
Re: The dip can is no longer my ball and chain...
« Reply #162 on: December 11, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: tarpon17
Quote from: Dchogs
Quote from: kana
Quote from: mich
Quote from: Mjollnir
Quote from: copingwithoutcopen
Quote from: jaginvest
Quote from: Eric71
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: kstampfly
For all of you that do not know, I am here to apologize for what I have done this past weekend which basically shattered everything I worked so hard for. On Saturday night I committed the greatest sin known to the KTC community and gave in to the nicotine bitch. I was drinking heavily that night and when I woke up the next morning a can of Copenhagen lay sitting on my kitchen table plain as day. I prayed to god that this was a dip dream and I was going to wake up from it, but it wasn't. I stared at the open can and sure enough it sealed my fate that I had done the deed some time on Saturday night. I called a buddy of mine afterwards and he said just before coming home late Saturday night he said I purchased the can, and like a dumbass put the shit in my mouth. He just remembers me getting out of the truck and saying “Fuck this” and going into the store. And just like that 140 days down the shitter.

Not only did I break my promise on Saturday but I also broke another cardinal rule and posted roll this morning out of fear. Driving to work I knew first and foremost that this is not the type of person I was raised to be and especially after being in the Army for ten years, I knew better. It was my duty to tell those who supported me the most of my quit that I had done wrong. I am here now to say again that I am sorry for disappointing all of you but that doesn't mean I am leaving this site. I am still here and will start over again this time with the necessary tools to stay quit, and remain quit. I am not asking for anyoneÂ’s forgiveness because it was a mistake I clearly made, however, we are all human and none of us are invincible to the can so to speak, because will always be addicts. All it would have taken was a quick call to my brothers and I wouldn't be in this situation right now. I will begin posting in the March 2013 group from here on out. If you would like to support me I definitely will not take it for granted but if not, I understand your feelings. If you feel the need to talk shit to me or call me out in any shape or form, thatÂ’s fine, I am a grown ass man and can handle it. Let this be a lesson that it can happen to anyone regardless of how many days, months or years you have. All it takes is one.
"Fuck this"...that cuts deep bro, I'm not gonna lie. It's almost like saying, " fuck ktc and everyone on it, I'm giving in and could give fuck about anybody else."

I'm not one to kick someone when they're down though. You wanna start back at day 1, that sucks balls for you, but I'm not gonna turn my back on you, I'll support you, assuming you're serious.

Perhaps you ought to think twice about getting totally shit faced though, or surround yourself with people who would throw your ass back in the truck and not let you buy that can.

I had a buddy who had quit smoking for 2 yrs. We got shnokered one night and stopped at 7-11 at 3AM to load up on junk food. While in line he said "fuck it" and asked for a pack of marlboro reds after I had bought a tin of kodiak. I begged the clerk not to sell them to him, but the bitch did. When we got out to the car I took the pack, crumpled it up and threw it on the roof of the 7-11...with a dip in, talk about a hypocrit. My buddy was livid and tried beating my ass in the car the entire way home. He eventually passed out when we got home and could not thank me enough in the morning.

I'm not saying I'm some kind of hero, but I knew how hard he worked to stay quit and wasn't gonna let him blow it. You may not have had that kind of support from the guys you were with that night, but Ill bet my last dollar you had that kind of support in your phone. You just chose not to use it.

This is my 2 cents on the matter, for whatever its worth...
Just damn man. I have to say I am shocked that you would be one to cave. I am disappointed that you did not reach out to any of us. That tells me you really weren't using the tools, you were getting by because you were not being tempted. You let your guard down and did not let any of your brothers in arms know you were doing it.

I am pissed as well. Dammit Kstamp, you fucking know better. You've read these over and over in here. To think they didn't resonate and leave you more accountable after reading, that just sucks.

You know the drill. Answer the trinity in detail, take your beatings, and get your ass back on the quit wagon. I will support you but I cannot say that I can trust you right away. That my friend, you are going to have to earn back.
GOD DAMN IT! I wrote about this in my thread on September 15. There is no fucking excuse. You engaged in behavior that you know is not healthy for your quit. You made a very stupid decision, and you made a choice. The consequence? Now we ALL have to live with your choice. That's pretty fucked up.

We will not abandon you, but you have a very long road to travel Brother. Now, gather your thoughts, and answer the three questions. The rest of this is horse shit. You have only given us an excuse why you caved, it's time for accountability. We do not want an apology or an excuse. We want a FUCKING PLAN....
Fuck
I hate booze... (well, actually I love it, that's why I hate it)
If you read my post in Oct or March skip this kstamp - it says the same fuckin thing here...

Fuck! kstamp - I'm with sirD on this one, I never thought the actions of someone in this group could hit so hard - fuck. I'll be posting in March, I hope you will be too. I'm going to call bullshit on not just giving an honest answer to the 3 questions here and in March, fuck your intro, that's you - the support you get has been with US and will be with March 13 now - get over it and answer up...
Yesterday brought on a whole new meaning to staying quit. If having an already awesome family didn't give me enough reason, finding out we were having another boy was the icing on the cake. I can't tell you how excited I am, to soon be the father of TWO boys! There is no reason to turn back now and go back to the way things used to be. I have started a new chapter and its already way better than the last. I look forward to hitting the hall with all you guys in October and leaving my mark on the KTC community. Quitting is what I do from now on, its not just a job its a way of life. (Kstamp)

What happened to that guy?

nicotine  alcohol = death...

very disappointing...
I don't usually bomb this place with my thoughts, but I honestly think you need to see this and want to make sure it crosses your radar somehow...
What are you doing differently this time?
My goal is to stick closer with my quit group and be better prepared for obstacles as they come. They can be anywhere but with anything there are ways around them. I will for sure take accountability more seriously as we are all in this together. One Team One Fight.
Sorry, brother, that don't fly.

A goal is a hope. A wish. A fucking prayer.

My goal isn't to not dip, to be tighter with my group, or to be a badass quitter. I am quit and I don't have to hope for it. I understand that this shook your faith in yourself, but you are either quit or not. No goals. Quit today, keep your word. It ain't a goal... It's a promise.

Be better prepared? What does that even mean? Did you not have phone numbers? Did you not read countless stories of HOF members coming back here blaming a moment's weakness? Have you seen Words of Wisdom? Pictures of Outdoortexan? The words of Jenny Kern? How could you be unprepared?

Here's a plan... If you're in a place where you could black out and dip, you don't drink. For 200 days, for a year, forever. What is important? Your buddies might bust your balls for drinking odouls, but at least you'll have a face to drink it with.

You really need to take a look in the mirror and think about what you have to do differently because the weak sauce below ain't going to do it. One team? You crapped on your team and didn't even give them a chance to talk you down. You want accountability... You didn't make the call to get it. I call bull shit.

More soul searching is needed here.

Redemption is close at hand, but you're miles away.
Damn DC, that gave me morning wood
X2
X3! Kstamp, U FUCKED UP But you can't go back and change what is now in the past! Now dig yourself out of the hole you put yourself in and learn from your mistakes!!! I challenge you to become the most dedicated and supportive quitter on this site!!!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #161 on: December 11, 2012, 10:52:00 AM »
Quote from: tarpon17
For all of you that do not know, I am here to apologize for what I have done this past weekend which basically shattered everything I worked so hard for. On Saturday night I committed the greatest sin known to the KTC community and gave in to the nicotine bitch. I was drinking heavily that night and when I woke up the next morning a can of Copenhagen lay sitting on my kitchen table plain as day. I prayed to god that this was a dip dream and I was going to wake up from it, but it wasn't. I stared at the open can and sure enough it sealed my fate that I had done the deed some time on Saturday night. I called a buddy of mine afterwards and he said just before coming home late Saturday night he said I purchased the can, and like a dumbass put the shit in my mouth. He just remembers me getting out of the truck and saying “Fuck this” and going into the store. And just like that 140 days down the shitter.

Not only did I break my promise on Saturday but I also broke another cardinal rule and posted roll this morning out of fear. Driving to work I knew first and foremost that this is not the type of person I was raised to be and especially after being in the Army for ten years, I knew better. It was my duty to tell those who supported me the most of my quit that I had done wrong. I am here now to say again that I am sorry for disappointing all of you but that doesn't mean I am leaving this site. I am still here and will start over again this time with the necessary tools to stay quit, and remain quit. I am not asking for anyoneÂ’s forgiveness because it was a mistake I clearly made, however, we are all human and none of us are invincible to the can so to speak, because will always be addicts. All it would have taken was a quick call to my brothers and I wouldn't be in this situation right now. I will begin posting in the March 2013 group from here on out. If you would like to support me I definitely will not take it for granted but if not, I understand your feelings. If you feel the need to talk shit to me or call me out in any shape or form, thatÂ’s fine, I am a grown ass man and can handle it. Let this be a lesson that it can happen to anyone regardless of how many days, months or years you have. All it takes is one.
"Fuck this"...that cuts deep bro, I'm not gonna lie. It's almost like saying, " fuck ktc and everyone on it, I'm giving in and could give fuck about anybody else."

I'm not one to kick someone when they're down though. You wanna start back at day 1, that sucks balls for you, but I'm not gonna turn my back on you, I'll support you, assuming you're serious.

Perhaps you ought to think twice about getting totally shit faced though, or surround yourself with people who would throw your ass back in the truck and not let you buy that can.

I had a buddy who had quit smoking for 2 yrs. We got shnokered one night and stopped at 7-11 at 3AM to load up on junk food. While in line he said "fuck it" and asked for a pack of marlboro reds after I had bought a tin of kodiak. I begged the clerk not to sell them to him, but the bitch did. When we got out to the car I took the pack, crumpled it up and threw it on the roof of the 7-11...with a dip in, talk about a hypocrit. My buddy was livid and tried beating my ass in the car the entire way home. He eventually passed out when we got home and could not thank me enough in the morning.

I'm not saying I'm some kind of hero, but I knew how hard he worked to stay quit and wasn't gonna let him blow it. You may not have had that kind of support from the guys you were with that night, but Ill bet my last dollar you had that kind of support in your phone. You just chose not to use it.

Just damn man. I have to say I am shocked that you would be one to cave. I am disappointed that you did not reach out to any of us. That tells me you really weren't using the tools, you were getting by because you were not being tempted. You let your guard down and did not let any of your brothers in arms know you were doing it.

I am pissed as well. Dammit Kstamp, you fucking know better. You've read these over and over in here. To think they didn't resonate and leave you more accountable after reading, that just sucks.

You know the drill. Answer the trinity in detail, take your beatings, and get your ass back on the quit wagon. I will support you but I cannot say that I can trust you right away. That my friend, you are going to have to earn back.
GOD DAMN IT! I wrote about this in my thread on September 15. There is no fucking excuse. You engaged in behavior that you know is not healthy for your quit. You made a very stupid decision, and you made a choice. The consequence? Now we ALL have to live with your choice. That's pretty fucked up.

We will not abandon you, but you have a very long road to travel Brother. Now, gather your thoughts, and answer the three questions. The rest of this is horse shit. You have only given us an excuse why you caved, it's time for accountability. We do not want an apology or an excuse. We want a FUCKING PLAN....
Fuck
If you read my post in Oct or March skip this kstamp - it says the same fuckin thing here...

Fuck! kstamp - I'm with sirD on this one, I never thought the actions of someone in this group could hit so hard - fuck. I'll be posting in March, I hope you will be too. I'm going to call bullshit on not just giving an honest answer to the 3 questions here and in March, fuck your intro, that's you - the support you get has been with US and will be with March 13 now - get over it and answer up...
Yesterday brought on a whole new meaning to staying quit. If having an already awesome family didn't give me enough reason, finding out we were having another boy was the icing on the cake. I can't tell you how excited I am, to soon be the father of TWO boys! There is no reason to turn back now and go back to the way things used to be. I have started a new chapter and its already way better than the last. I look forward to hitting the hall with all you guys in October and leaving my mark on the KTC community. Quitting is what I do from now on, its not just a job its a way of life. (Kstamp)

very disappointing...
I don't usually bomb this place with my thoughts, but I honestly think you need to see this and want to make sure it crosses your radar somehow...
My goal is to stick closer with my quit group and be better prepared for obstacles as they come. They can be anywhere but with anything there are ways around them. I will for sure take accountability more seriously as we are all in this together. One Team One Fight.

My goal isn't to not dip, to be tighter with my group, or to be a badass quitter. I am quit and I don't have to hope for it. I understand that this shook your faith in yourself, but you are either quit or not. No goals. Quit today, keep your word. It ain't a goal... It's a promise.

Be better prepared? What does that even mean? Did you not have phone numbers? Did you not read countless stories of HOF members coming back here blaming a moment's weakness? Have you seen Words of Wisdom? Pictures of Outdoortexan? The words of Jenny Kern? How could you be unprepared?

Here's a plan... If you're in a place where you could black out and dip, you don't drink. For 200 days, for a year, forever. What is important? Your buddies might bust your balls for drinking odouls, but at least you'll have a face to drink it with.

You really need to take a look in the mirror and think about what you have to do differently because the weak sauce below ain't going to do it. One team? You crapped on your team and didn't even give them a chance to talk you down. You want accountability... You didn't make the call to get it. I call bull shit.

X2

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #160 on: December 11, 2012, 10:39:00 AM »

Fuck

very disappointing...

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #159 on: December 11, 2012, 12:59:00 AM »

Fuck

very disappointing...

Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau

Offline kana

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2012, 11:31:00 PM »

Fuck

very disappointing...
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »

Fuck

my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline Mjollnir

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2012, 08:41:00 PM »

Fuck

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »

Fuck

Offline jaginvest

• Quitter
« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2012, 06:47:00 PM »

Quit Date: 06/26/2012 3rd Floor: 04/21/2013
HOF Date: 10/03/2012 4th Floor: 07/30/2013
2nd Floor: 01/11/2013 5th Floor: 11/07/2013
6th Floor: 02/15/2014 7th Floor: 05/26/2014
8th Floor: 09/03/2014 9th Floor: 12/12/2014
10th Floor: 03/22/2015

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2012, 06:16:00 PM »

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline kstampfly

• Quitter
    • http:
« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2012, 05:44:00 PM »

Quit Group:
June 2022 No Lip Turd Herd

Quit Date:  13 March 2022
HOF Date:  20 June 2022

Offline kstampfly

• Quitter
    • http:
« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2012, 07:51:00 AM »
25 days into the second floor of my quit and grateful this Thanksgiving weekend that my family is healthy and I am still nicotine free. This is the first Thanksgiving in a long time that I didn't have to put that shit in my mouth. Usually right after gorging myself on turkey and all the fixin's, I would put a fatty in my mouth. Funny I did the same thing this year....MINUS THE DIP, and it was fantastic!! Hope everyone here on the KTC community had a great day yesterday spending it with family. Cheers!! 'Cheers'
Quit Group:
June 2022 No Lip Turd Herd

Quit Date:  13 March 2022
HOF Date:  20 June 2022

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #149 on: November 19, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
Quote from: ERDVM
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: CBird65
Long time no see folks, but I am still here, not queer, and all hopped up on beer! Day 119 today and feeling awesome as usual. Actually just kicked the NIC bitch in the twat a few days ago and haven't heard from her since. She's a sneaky one I tell ya! Anyways if any of you new guys read this don't think you can't get through the early days of quit hell. It is really not that bad you just need to set a goal and stick to it. When I mean stick to it, I mean get your ass on here every single fucking morning, post roll, and keep that fucking dip out of your mouth. Simple as that. Get friendly with some of the regulars on here, get their digits and don't be afraid to give them a call if you feel like putting that worm shit in your mouth. I promise it will work, as long as you have a set of balls between your legs. I will leave it up to you to get your life back. Hell I will always be an addict but today I am still nicotine free. Get some!!!
Eatin that sh*t up Stamp!!!

Bring It
Rock it Bro....with you all day. QLAFM
nice to see you buddy! I see your quit is swollen as usual! Love that!
Newbies take no effin prisoners!!!
A true madman and a brother....quit with you all day long... 'worship'
Except for the type O "not queer" you are right on. Maybe you meant "hot queer" or "flamboyantly queer"? Which, are both applicable. Inspiring quit nonetheless. Proud to quit with you every day. shocker
Ahhhh......now this is the Kstamp that I love! Came in with guns blazing and still at it. You're my boy blue!
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: CBird65
Long time no see folks, but I am still here, not queer, and all hopped up on beer! Day 119 today and feeling awesome as usual. Actually just kicked the NIC bitch in the twat a few days ago and haven't heard from her since. She's a sneaky one I tell ya! Anyways if any of you new guys read this don't think you can't get through the early days of quit hell. It is really not that bad you just need to set a goal and stick to it. When I mean stick to it, I mean get your ass on here every single fucking morning, post roll, and keep that fucking dip out of your mouth. Simple as that. Get friendly with some of the regulars on here, get their digits and don't be afraid to give them a call if you feel like putting that worm shit in your mouth. I promise it will work, as long as you have a set of balls between your legs. I will leave it up to you to get your life back. Hell I will always be an addict but today I am still nicotine free. Get some!!!
Eatin that sh*t up Stamp!!!

Bring It
Rock it Bro....with you all day. QLAFM
nice to see you buddy! I see your quit is swollen as usual! Love that!
Newbies take no effin prisoners!!!
A true madman and a brother....quit with you all day long... 'worship'
Except for the type O "not queer" you are right on. Maybe you meant "hot queer" or "flamboyantly queer"? Which, are both applicable. Inspiring quit nonetheless. Proud to quit with you every day. shocker