Author Topic: Tomorrow's the day  (Read 5501 times)

Offline Delahunt

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/1/2019
  • Likes Given: 105
Re: Tomorrow's the day
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2019, 10:15:38 PM »
After reading wildirish’s post of the three questions, here are my answers. Tear them apart, tear me apart, I don’t really give a shit because I’m going to quit regardless. I’m putting it all out in these answers for a hope at being able to return to this system. I know I need it and I know I’m an addict.
1.   I set myself up for failure by reasoning with myself and creating the one more dip mentality. I also didn’t take this commitment seriously (as I have a history of doing in the past). I set myself up for failure by not being a man of my word. Shitty as it sounds that’s the bottom line.
2.   It happened because I didn’t go into it with a day by day mentality. I was already thinking days in advance, and wanted a quick release from the shittiness I was feeling from nicotine withdrawal. I knowingly went and bought a can of dip, and knowingly didn’t honor my word to be dip free for that day.
3.   I’m going to keep it from happening again by actually honoring my word. Reading all the posts from today made me realize how much of a man I wasn’t. I lied to y’all and I lied to myself and I’m not doing that ever again.

While I have received crap from not reciprocating my phone number that is still something I will have to build on. The PMs, forums, roll, and my word are what I’m going to commit to. I will not dip again, but I am one paranoid individual and just throwing my personal cell out to a public forum in today’s society is not something I’m entirely ready to do yet. Even being on this forum alone and sharing my struggles is a huge step outside of my box. If that’s a deal-breaker then I’ll log out and never post on this site again. You guys won’t have to deal with me. But I’m still quitting regardless. Either through this site, or through other people in my life. I've learned a lot already from ktc, and I'm ready to own my quit.

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2019, 05:58:06 PM »
Sorry to hear you caved man. Get back to it, The Support is here, Use it. Do it for you. Here if you need me!

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2019, 01:19:20 PM »
Already caved. Too weak minded and controlled by addiction. Can't believe it. Obviously not committed enough. Can't even say I tried when I didn't even make it 48 hours. Sad shit. Can't even feel sorry for myself, felt like I was on autopilot driving to the gas station. Sorry boys. To those who have quit fucking props to y'all, it is inspiring and I refuse to accept defeat. I will get there one day. One fail doesn't define me. Have to reevaluate what went wrong and come at it with a better gameplan. Didn't put the effort required in, and downplayed my addiction. Felt so sick and unhealthy today and school is kicking my ass and I keep coming back to this dumbass shit as a release mechanism. Deeply disappointed in myself. Hate that I let y'all down, but that is primarily the issue. Quitting has to be for me. Not for fear of letting people down. Don't know where to go from here.

I just have to point out something here. You say you are controlled by addiction. Remember, that is a choice. You can choose to let it control you or choose to not let it control you.

Only YOU can put poison into your lip. That goes both ways... only YOU can prevent it from going into your lip. 

Now, you caved. There are consequences for that on this site. But there is redemption. Do you want to be owned and controlled by a dead plant in a can that you waste money on to kill yourself or do you want freedom?

This isn't a rhetorical question. Answer and then we know where you stand.

I want freedom. I want it so so bad. My personality throughout my whole life has been to be so dedicated to something and then in a split second completely change my passions and tendencies and thats what happened today. I'm ashamed of my failure. I want to succeed.

Nicotine doesn't care about personality. Nicotine doesn't care about anything except to get people addicted. What that means is ALL OF US are equal on this site and this fight. No one is special.

What you are as a person doesn't matter with quitting. What you choose to stand behind from this day to the next when it comes to quitting is what YOU must stand on and build your foundation upon.

We are here to support you. That is it. Are you ready? If not, you will get nailed for caving again (you likely still will get nailed right now for caving already since you didn't build your accountability network when others reached out to you).

This place works if you buy in to the system. It doesn't if you don't. This is your decision and yours only. What say you?

Delahunt,

I sent you my number.  I asked for yours but was ignored.  I am sure other people sent you there numbers as well.  You had the resource you needed to keep from caving.  All you had to do is pick up the damn phone.

Like Palpatine said, if you don't buy into the how this place works, then you will more than likely continue to fail.  Right now the choice is yours to either keep sucking the tit of that dead bitch plant or flush that shit and get back in here and post Day 1.  The choice has always been yours.  No one forced that crap in to your mouth, you chose to put it in. Now you can choose to spit it out or keep sucking on it.

If you choose to quit, then I encourage you to go all in and quit for real.  Addiction only beats you if you let it.  You can beat it if you follow the program and in here the program is really simple.

What's it gonna be???
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 1.6.2016
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 11:29:38 PM »
Already caved. Too weak minded and controlled by addiction. Can't believe it. Obviously not committed enough. Can't even say I tried when I didn't even make it 48 hours. Sad shit. Can't even feel sorry for myself, felt like I was on autopilot driving to the gas station. Sorry boys. To those who have quit fucking props to y'all, it is inspiring and I refuse to accept defeat. I will get there one day. One fail doesn't define me. Have to reevaluate what went wrong and come at it with a better gameplan. Didn't put the effort required in, and downplayed my addiction. Felt so sick and unhealthy today and school is kicking my ass and I keep coming back to this dumbass shit as a release mechanism. Deeply disappointed in myself. Hate that I let y'all down, but that is primarily the issue. Quitting has to be for me. Not for fear of letting people down. Don't know where to go from here.

I just have to point out something here. You say you are controlled by addiction. Remember, that is a choice. You can choose to let it control you or choose to not let it control you.

Only YOU can put poison into your lip. That goes both ways... only YOU can prevent it from going into your lip. 

Now, you caved. There are consequences for that on this site. But there is redemption. Do you want to be owned and controlled by a dead plant in a can that you waste money on to kill yourself or do you want freedom?

I want freedom. I want it so so bad. My personality throughout my whole life has been to be so dedicated to something and then in a split second completely change my passions and tendencies and thats what happened today. I'm ashamed of my failure. I want to succeed.

Nicotine doesn't care about personality. Nicotine doesn't care about anything except to get people addicted. What that means is ALL OF US are equal on this site and this fight. No one is special.

What you are as a person doesn't matter with quitting. What you choose to stand behind from this day to the next when it comes to quitting is what YOU must stand on and build your foundation upon.

We are here to support you. That is it. Are you ready? If not, you will get nailed for caving again (you likely still will get nailed right now for caving already since you didn't build your accountability network when others reached out to you).

This place works if you buy in to the system. It doesn't if you don't. This is your decision and yours only. What say you?
Good...good, let the quit flow through you!  -chewie

Offline Delahunt

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2019, 11:22:14 PM »

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2019, 11:14:57 PM »

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 11:07:37 PM »
Broke the number one rule of the site. "Nicotine free". What a damn disappointment
Post your promise in the morning. Be a man of your word. Share number with others. Quit. Do it again the next day.

Not hard when it is simplified. If you choose 'your' way, enjoy the ride on your own. It leads to a high percentage failure.

Who are you going to listen too? A bunch of us who are quit with proof the system works or nicotine which wants you to stay the slave and prisoner to your addiction?

Offline kerbycl9

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/9/2019
  • Likes Given: 33
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 10:52:02 PM »
Broke the number one rule of the site. "Nicotine free". What a damn disappointment

I'm no expert, but don't let that define you.  I slipped up and put a dip in the night of my planned quit.  It was the only one I had that day.  I regretted it and vowed not to slip up again.  You have to decide to make that one your last one.  Just take one step at a time and one day at a time.
"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do."
"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right."
Henry Ford

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
"A good plan violently executed right now is far better than a perfect plan executed next week."
George S. Patton

My Intro

Offline Delahunt

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 10:30:45 PM »

Offline Delahunt

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 10:29:27 PM »

Offline EnuffSnuff

• Quitter
  • What are you waiting for? Quit already!
  • Quit Date: 01/06/19
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 09:24:40 PM »
Day One almost down. Started having pretty bad cravings after my workout. Every ounce of me wanted to stop at chevron and grab a tin, but I didn't. That's win number one in my book. I'm choosing to put my health, fitness, sleep, school, relationship, and family before that dumb ass shit I should've never tried. However I'm aware the night isn't over and I've caved many times before so I just have to keep fighting. I will see you boys on the roll tomorrow. Thought about that HOF more than ten times today. Will update again tomorrow night.

Dela

Still waiting for you to reciprocate your number Dela.  Accountability is a two way street.  Besides you will get added to my daily meme text.  Who the hell does not want to be on MY daily meme text?? roflmao
Do it Dela... his daily memes are classic! If you need digits, let me know. I’m not exactly senior here, only 25 days into my quit. Trust me that the brothers you meet here will help you stay straight and not put the next lump of cat shit in your lip. They are the reason I come back each day. Ask Chris2alaska, he was the first to each out to me and my response was “I’m too new here yet to share my digits” Yeah, well three weeks later I have no less than 10 sets of digits of fellow brothers in quit. Take a chance and trust the process. You’ll find everyone here gets it and is only here to make it easier and make sure you succeed.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 09:48:22 PM by EnuffSnuff »
The only right way to quit is today.

My Intro

Floors Visited...1, 2, 3, 4

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 08:16:35 PM »
Day One almost down. Started having pretty bad cravings after my workout. Every ounce of me wanted to stop at chevron and grab a tin, but I didn't. That's win number one in my book. I'm choosing to put my health, fitness, sleep, school, relationship, and family before that dumb ass shit I should've never tried. However I'm aware the night isn't over and I've caved many times before so I just have to keep fighting. I will see you boys on the roll tomorrow. Thought about that HOF more than ten times today. Will update again tomorrow night.

Dela

Still waiting for you to reciprocate your number Dela.  Accountability is a two way street.  Besides you will get added to my daily meme text.  Who the hell does not want to be on MY daily meme text?? roflmao
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

chris2alaska

Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Delahunt

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 07:52:16 PM »

Dela

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 07:46:19 PM »
In my early 20s, so my addiction isn't as long as some on this site, not trying to negate the importance of getting rid of it. Posting here, and will update once a day for the first few weeks, and then whenever I feel from then on. Starting my thread as an accountability factor. Dip has taken over every aspect of my life---school, fitness, sleep, everything. I've been faced with this reality for the past few weeks, but have failed almost everyday of getting rid of it. However, I will finally defeat it. I no longer have to feel like I'm lying to my loved ones, and want to have my overall energy back. I want to be confident in who I am, and I know me dipping everyday has severely obstructed that. I hope to develop more use of this site for support, coping tactics, withdrawal support----etc. Thanks for any potential support coming my way. This site, and everyone who uses it inspires me. I just want to be myself again. And I will conquer this. Tomorrow (as cliche as it sounds) is the day that will start the life-changing process of ridding myself from the chains that is my addiction. Thank you to anyone who reads this.

Delahunt,

I'm glad you have decided to quit.  That is awesome.  But why are you waiting for tomorrow?  Tomorrow NEVER comes for an addict.  Your addict brain will come up with yet another excuse for you not to quit tomorrow.  QUIT NOW!!!!

Flush that shit down the toilet and go post Day 1 in the May 2019 Pre-HOF Quit Group.  It is there that you will find the accountability and brotherhood you seek, not here in the "Intros" pages.

This is the price of admission to this site.  You must not be using any kind of nicotine product and you must post roll daily in your group.  Here is a link to your group May 2019 Pre-HOF Quit Group.

Go there now and post roll.  Stay nicotine free for 24 hours and come back and post roll again.  Do this every day, early in the day so nicotine is off the table.

Exchange digits with other quitters in your group and some of the vets.  This will build your accountability network and give you instant access to support if you need it for bad craves.

Again - DON'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW - FLUSH THAT SHIT DOWN THE TOILET AND QUIT NOW>

Damn right. See you on the roll tomorrow. Goodbye to my final can of wintergreen. Won't miss it. Ready to take my life back.

If you flush it today, you can go post your day 1 today.  You count day one from the last dip you had.

Brian Dive

Roy T. Bennett

wastepanel

chris2alaska

Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline Delahunt

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 07:31:14 PM »
In my early 20s, so my addiction isn't as long as some on this site, not trying to negate the importance of getting rid of it. Posting here, and will update once a day for the first few weeks, and then whenever I feel from then on. Starting my thread as an accountability factor. Dip has taken over every aspect of my life---school, fitness, sleep, everything. I've been faced with this reality for the past few weeks, but have failed almost everyday of getting rid of it. However, I will finally defeat it. I no longer have to feel like I'm lying to my loved ones, and want to have my overall energy back. I want to be confident in who I am, and I know me dipping everyday has severely obstructed that. I hope to develop more use of this site for support, coping tactics, withdrawal support----etc. Thanks for any potential support coming my way. This site, and everyone who uses it inspires me. I just want to be myself again. And I will conquer this. Tomorrow (as cliche as it sounds) is the day that will start the life-changing process of ridding myself from the chains that is my addiction. Thank you to anyone who reads this.

Delahunt,

I'm glad you have decided to quit.  That is awesome.  But why are you waiting for tomorrow?  Tomorrow NEVER comes for an addict.  Your addict brain will come up with yet another excuse for you not to quit tomorrow.  QUIT NOW!!!!

Flush that shit down the toilet and go post Day 1 in the May 2019 Pre-HOF Quit Group.  It is there that you will find the accountability and brotherhood you seek, not here in the "Intros" pages.

This is the price of admission to this site.  You must not be using any kind of nicotine product and you must post roll daily in your group.  Here is a link to your group May 2019 Pre-HOF Quit Group.

Go there now and post roll.  Stay nicotine free for 24 hours and come back and post roll again.  Do this every day, early in the day so nicotine is off the table.

Exchange digits with other quitters in your group and some of the vets.  This will build your accountability network and give you instant access to support if you need it for bad craves.

Again - DON'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW - FLUSH THAT SHIT DOWN THE TOILET AND QUIT NOW>

Damn right. See you on the roll tomorrow. Goodbye to my final can of wintergreen. Won't miss it. Ready to take my life back.