Author Topic: Tomorrow's the day  (Read 5502 times)

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
Re: Tomorrow's the day
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 07:10:33 PM »
In my early 20s, so my addiction isn't as long as some on this site, not trying to negate the importance of getting rid of it. Posting here, and will update once a day for the first few weeks, and then whenever I feel from then on. Starting my thread as an accountability factor. Dip has taken over every aspect of my life---school, fitness, sleep, everything. I've been faced with this reality for the past few weeks, but have failed almost everyday of getting rid of it. However, I will finally defeat it. I no longer have to feel like I'm lying to my loved ones, and want to have my overall energy back. I want to be confident in who I am, and I know me dipping everyday has severely obstructed that. I hope to develop more use of this site for support, coping tactics, withdrawal support----etc. Thanks for any potential support coming my way. This site, and everyone who uses it inspires me. I just want to be myself again. And I will conquer this. Tomorrow (as cliche as it sounds) is the day that will start the life-changing process of ridding myself from the chains that is my addiction. Thank you to anyone who reads this.

Welcome Delahunt I'm glad you came here and are ready to Quit. I am also in the May group! The road won't be easy but we are here for you Brother. If you need anything, feel free to hit me up. This is a great group of folks, we are all going through or had gone through what you are about to.

It may seem a bit weird at first but get ready for folks reaching out to you. I had a bit of a chuckle at first, but then my Wife asked me if everything was ok as my phone was blowing up, I told her its just my quit brothers checking in.. Now she has worked for the local Hospital for a while, so she asked.. What do you need support friends for? I looked at her and asked her when was the last time she quit Nicotine? Never because she never started, I reminded her I am going through a lot of changes and these folks have gone through it all.

Chris2akaska is right, Start tonight, take that stand. We quit for the day and the day only, One Day at a Time. If you choose to wait until tomorrow, I won't hold it against you, but I hope to see your name in Roll tomorrow! Together we got this! Proud to Quit with you Today!

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
Re: Tomorrow's the day
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 06:29:57 PM »
In my early 20s, so my addiction isn't as long as some on this site, not trying to negate the importance of getting rid of it. Posting here, and will update once a day for the first few weeks, and then whenever I feel from then on. Starting my thread as an accountability factor. Dip has taken over every aspect of my life---school, fitness, sleep, everything. I've been faced with this reality for the past few weeks, but have failed almost everyday of getting rid of it. However, I will finally defeat it. I no longer have to feel like I'm lying to my loved ones, and want to have my overall energy back. I want to be confident in who I am, and I know me dipping everyday has severely obstructed that. I hope to develop more use of this site for support, coping tactics, withdrawal support----etc. Thanks for any potential support coming my way. This site, and everyone who uses it inspires me. I just want to be myself again. And I will conquer this. Tomorrow (as cliche as it sounds) is the day that will start the life-changing process of ridding myself from the chains that is my addiction. Thank you to anyone who reads this.

Delahunt,

I'm glad you have decided to quit.  That is awesome.  But why are you waiting for tomorrow?  Tomorrow NEVER comes for an addict.  Your addict brain will come up with yet another excuse for you not to quit tomorrow.  QUIT NOW!!!!

Flush that shit down the toilet and go post Day 1 in the May 2019 Pre-HOF Quit Group.  It is there that you will find the accountability and brotherhood you seek, not here in the "Intros" pages.

This is the price of admission to this site.  You must not be using any kind of nicotine product and you must post roll daily in your group.  Here is a link to your group May 2019 Pre-HOF Quit Group.

Go there now and post roll.  Stay nicotine free for 24 hours and come back and post roll again.  Do this every day, early in the day so nicotine is off the table.

Exchange digits with other quitters in your group and some of the vets.  This will build your accountability network and give you instant access to support if you need it for bad craves.

Again - DON'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW - FLUSH THAT SHIT DOWN THE TOILET AND QUIT NOW>
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Delahunt

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/1/2019
  • Likes Given: 105
Tomorrow's the day
« on: January 28, 2019, 05:35:16 PM »