Author Topic: My Intro, Day 11  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2111
Re: My Intro, Day 11
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 03:59:05 PM »
Hey brother. Check your messages. You can do this.

quote author=Scott_B link=topic=1083.msg276757#msg276757 date=1550591025]
Hi Folks,

After 27 years of dipping (about 5 cans/week) I took my last dip on Friday, Feb 8th on/around 11pm.  I have stayed committed to the quit and been handling everything in stride.  I finally determined that I am not immortal and must quit to preserve my health.  Worst part for me has been the depression which resulting from the FALSE thoughts that dipping made me happy and was why I enjoyed anything in life to this point.  I have a beautiful family, good job, good home, great friends (some of whom still dip but that's another story).  I'm ready to take my life back to ensure I am around for all these things for years to come.  I know I will learn to enjoy life without dip and will take it one minute, one hour, one day at a time.

I look forward to working through the quit with all of you out there in the KTC community.

-Scott_B
[/quote]
Jan19

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: My Intro, Day 11
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 11:04:49 AM »
... Worst part for me has been the depression which resulting from the FALSE thoughts that dipping made me happy and was why I enjoyed anything in life to this point.
Important realization right there, dude.
Huge!

Nicotine does nothing for you but steal... time, money, integrity, health. All of it.

Jump in to KTC bro... find your Quit group and get involved and stay involved. Beating this addiction by yourself can be done but, dude, with an entire community behind/with you it’s so much easier. I dipped for 25 years and did 2 cans a day for  the last 10 or 12 of that. If I can do this... you can do this. Freedom is here... work for it and grab it. This place works. Ask me how I know...

AJ... 2,135 days of freedom.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Scott_B

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 12
My Intro, Day 11
« on: February 19, 2019, 10:43:45 AM »
Hi Folks,

After 27 years of dipping (about 5 cans/week) I took my last dip on Friday, Feb 8th on/around 11pm.  I have stayed committed to the quit and been handling everything in stride.  I finally determined that I am not immortal and must quit to preserve my health.  Worst part for me has been the depression which resulting from the FALSE thoughts that dipping made me happy and was why I enjoyed anything in life to this point.  I have a beautiful family, good job, good home, great friends (some of whom still dip but that's another story).  I'm ready to take my life back to ensure I am around for all these things for years to come.  I know I will learn to enjoy life without dip and will take it one minute, one hour, one day at a time.

I look forward to working through the quit with all of you out there in the KTC community.

-Scott_B