Author Topic: Tomorrow's the day  (Read 5649 times)

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1614
Re: Tomorrow's the day
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2019, 02:40:54 PM »
man today was pretty rough. The fog was super heavy and my throat was killer. Just said fuck it and took it easy on myself today and took  every goal for the day that I had and flushed it down the toilet and focused on the only one that was vital: my daily quit. Today was for sure one of the hardest days of my quit thus far. But I made it through, and I will be waking up more inspired than ever to continue my quit. Been getting over the initial fear of sharing my number and have been texting a few people who recently shared their number. Got Broc's daily texts which are a nice start to the day. Days like today really beat the shit out of me mentally, but it's the good days and the feelings of being proud to be quit that get me to the next day. Will not cave. Not in my DNA anymore. Love this fucking website. Banking on a better day tomorrow, but if not I will continue to lean on my brothers and scratch and claw my way to the better days that ARE ahead.

Way to keep the nic bitch at bay bro.  If you would like to be in a way BETTER daily text than Broc's (hahaha), hit me up.  You have my digits if you keep your PM's.  If not, PM me and I will send them again.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Delahunt

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/1/2019
  • Likes Given: 105
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2019, 11:35:01 PM »
man today was pretty rough. The fog was super heavy and my throat was killer. Just said fuck it and took it easy on myself today and took  every goal for the day that I had and flushed it down the toilet and focused on the only one that was vital: my daily quit. Today was for sure one of the hardest days of my quit thus far. But I made it through, and I will be waking up more inspired than ever to continue my quit. Been getting over the initial fear of sharing my number and have been texting a few people who recently shared their number. Got Broc's daily texts which are a nice start to the day. Days like today really beat the shit out of me mentally, but it's the good days and the feelings of being proud to be quit that get me to the next day. Will not cave. Not in my DNA anymore. Love this fucking website. Banking on a better day tomorrow, but if not I will continue to lean on my brothers and scratch and claw my way to the better days that ARE ahead.

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2558
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2019, 10:10:23 PM »
Waking up this morning and talk about mood improvements.........such a nice feeling. Drank a little wine last night and was around people who dip from time to time (isn't that a crazy concept) and before I took a sip of alcohol I had the thought imprinted in my brain that no matter what I would say no.. Kept thinking that as the buzz got stronger. Luckily for me---no dip was brought out, only cigars (which I'm not too much of a fan of so that was an easy no, pretty sure they have nicotine in them right) just tried to be on the safe side. Anyways, about to go workout hard on this saturday in order to keep cleansing my body from all the shit I've put in it with my former dip habit. Hope you guys have an awesome saturday

Be careful with the alcohol man, that has been the killer of many a quit.  And, not trying to pick you apart, but rather mold you a little.  It's not your former dip habit, it's your nicotine addiction.  Believe me, it's tough to think of yourself as an addict, but that's what you are.  That's what I am.  Keeping that in mind as you go through your quit makes it all make sense why you still have craves now, and always will to some extent.  Now at 614 days, mine are very few and far between and I have tools to deal with them...but they'll always be there and you'll always be an addict.  I support you, we traded digits, and now stay quit.  Reach out anytime, and keep slaying buddy.
Listen to ^^^ this guy.  You are on a good path now Delahunt!  There is a moment in your quit when something snaps and you realize, really know, that nicotine is no longer an option.  It is off the table.  Keep it up, this gets better and better!
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2019, 06:29:14 PM »
Waking up this morning and talk about mood improvements.........such a nice feeling. Drank a little wine last night and was around people who dip from time to time (isn't that a crazy concept) and before I took a sip of alcohol I had the thought imprinted in my brain that no matter what I would say no.. Kept thinking that as the buzz got stronger. Luckily for me---no dip was brought out, only cigars (which I'm not too much of a fan of so that was an easy no, pretty sure they have nicotine in them right) just tried to be on the safe side. Anyways, about to go workout hard on this saturday in order to keep cleansing my body from all the shit I've put in it with my former dip habit. Hope you guys have an awesome saturday

Be careful with the alcohol man, that has been the killer of many a quit.  And, not trying to pick you apart, but rather mold you a little.  It's not your former dip habit, it's your nicotine addiction.  Believe me, it's tough to think of yourself as an addict, but that's what you are.  That's what I am.  Keeping that in mind as you go through your quit makes it all make sense why you still have craves now, and always will to some extent.  Now at 614 days, mine are very few and far between and I have tools to deal with them...but they'll always be there and you'll always be an addict.  I support you, we traded digits, and now stay quit.  Reach out anytime, and keep slaying buddy.

Offline Delahunt

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2019, 09:58:26 AM »

Offline kodiakdeath

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/9/2018
  • Likes Given: 533
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2019, 02:37:06 PM »
How is the quit going Delahunt? Keep
Kicking the nic bitch!

Pm if you need any more digits

Clary245

Its going bro. Headaches are pretty frequent, and sleep is an issue, but working out and just being on this site/pming people has helped a ton. Got some sunflower seeds today. I hesitated getting them at first because I feared it would just maintain my oral fixation but shit if I'm addicted to sunflower seeds the rest of my life that sure as hell beats dip. Thanks for reaching out man.
Keep it up Delahunt, glad to see you powering through this.  One of the best pieces of advice that I was given early in my quit was to drink mass quantities of water. Seemed to help me a bit with the headaches and the fog/funk. Good luck man

Delahunt, I just wanted to point out that nicotine is the enemy.  You aren't going to get addicted to seeds, fake dip, or anything.  Do whatever it takes to keep the cancer turd out of your mouth.  I went without fake or substitutes for about 60 days, then I felt a big funk coming on.  So I got some Smokey Mountain which helped a lot.  Everyone is different, do what you need to do and reach out for support if you need it.
Intro     HOF speech
You gotta start somewhere, glad you started here with us! - Athan, March 10, 2018
Quitters I've had the honor to meet: rogerpersson, bigrick_2u, MattyB, skolvikings, SRains918, gottadoit, BluManChew, jp3, JohnSmallberries, arrakisdq, Keith0657, Rich1985, CDA-rj, Peter Gibbons, Doc Petey, Athan

Offline campbellmi13

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 148
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2019, 07:42:46 AM »
Kicking the nic bitch!

Clary245

Its going bro. Headaches are pretty frequent, and sleep is an issue, but working out and just being on this site/pming people has helped a ton. Got some sunflower seeds today. I hesitated getting them at first because I feared it would just maintain my oral fixation but shit if I'm addicted to sunflower seeds the rest of my life that sure as hell beats dip. Thanks for reaching out man.
Keep it up Delahunt, glad to see you powering through this.  One of the best pieces of advice that I was given early in my quit was to drink mass quantities of water. Seemed to help me a bit with the headaches and the fog/funk. Good luck man

Offline Delahunt

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2019, 10:49:34 PM »
Kicking the nic bitch!

Clary245

Offline Clary245

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 01/11/2019
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2019, 09:12:29 PM »
Kicking the nic bitch!

Clary245

Offline EnuffSnuff

• Quitter
  • What are you waiting for? Quit already!
  • Quit Date: 01/06/19
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2019, 10:53:32 PM »
Today was euphoric. Got a bunch of stuff done. Worked out hard. Ate clean. Was a bit foggy in the morning, and my throat hurt but it was a good day. Cravings hit like clock work once I settled down for the night. Usually when I would dip. Fighting through each minute, keeping my word. I will not be a slave to that shit anymore. Minute by minute will go by until I go to sleep then I'll wake up and kick ass again.

Dela, you got this man! Proud of you and your tenacity. One day, hour, minute at a time. Whatever it takes and however you need to get through it. It gets better....much better. Not saying I don’t have cravings or moments where I think about it, but finally feeling life free of nicotine is a euphoria of its own. You are grabbing your quit by balls and getting it done. I’m proud to quit with you today! If you ever need anything at all, PM me or reach out. Always glad to walk the quit with a fellow brother.
The only right way to quit is today.

My Intro

Floors Visited...1, 2, 3, 4

Offline Delahunt

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2019, 07:53:56 PM »
Today was euphoric. Got a bunch of stuff done. Worked out hard. Ate clean. Was a bit foggy in the morning, and my throat hurt but it was a good day. Cravings hit like clock work once I settled down for the night. Usually when I would dip. Fighting through each minute, keeping my word. I will not be a slave to that shit anymore. Minute by minute will go by until I go to sleep then I'll wake up and kick ass again.

Offline Hilltop

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12-27-18
  • Likes Given: 290
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2019, 11:50:54 PM »
Already caved. Too weak minded and controlled by addiction. Can't believe it. Obviously not committed enough. Can't even say I tried when I didn't even make it 48 hours. Sad shit. Can't even feel sorry for myself, felt like I was on autopilot driving to the gas station. Sorry boys. To those who have quit fucking props to y'all, it is inspiring and I refuse to accept defeat. I will get there one day. One fail doesn't define me. Have to reevaluate what went wrong and come at it with a better gameplan. Didn't put the effort required in, and downplayed my addiction. Felt so sick and unhealthy today and school is kicking my ass and I keep coming back to this dumbass shit as a release mechanism. Deeply disappointed in myself. Hate that I let y'all down, but that is primarily the issue. Quitting has to be for me. Not for fear of letting people down. Don't know where to go from here.

I just have to point out something here. You say you are controlled by addiction. Remember, that is a choice. You can choose to let it control you or choose to not let it control you.

Only YOU can put poison into your lip. That goes both ways... only YOU can prevent it from going into your lip. 

Now, you caved. There are consequences for that on this site. But there is redemption. Do you want to be owned and controlled by a dead plant in a can that you waste money on to kill yourself or do you want freedom?

This isn't a rhetorical question. Answer and then we know where you stand.

I want freedom. I want it so so bad. My personality throughout my whole life has been to be so dedicated to something and then in a split second completely change my passions and tendencies and thats what happened today. I'm ashamed of my failure. I want to succeed.
Get over the failure and get on your quit. Get over the fear of accountability and share some digits with folks going through the same shit you are. I’ve
Sent you a PM with my digits. Anyone that asks me for help will get mine in return, and I WILL quit with you and keep you straight, but the next step isn’t mine to take...so what’s it gonna be?

As I'm sitting here reading this, and contemplating sharing my story of hesitation to give out my number, low and behold I get a text from ^^^this guy^^^, just saying hey and throwing out support for the weekend. Delahunt I get it man, but I exchanged digits with Enuff in the very beginning of our group, and he has yet to creep on me. We've chatted occasionally, thrown out support, and I know where to reach him if I get in a bind. He's legit, and only interested in quitting and supporting your quit. I guess what I 'm trying to say is you can trust EnuffSnuff to share digits, it'd be a good start to overcoming your trepidation.
 Don't just take my word, spend a few hours digging through and see that your fears of sharing are not special. Most of us have been there, but the ones who get past that and share are setting up for an actual quit. I said the same stupid addict shit, my phone is now loaded with numbers of people from KTC that I trust and that can trust me. My quit is strong, but I had to make it that way by first realizing I'm no different than any of these other quitters, and secondly heed their advice based on the "I'm not special" realization.
“It worked!”
 -Robert Oppenheimer

Offline EnuffSnuff

• Quitter
  • What are you waiting for? Quit already!
  • Quit Date: 01/06/19
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2019, 10:59:02 PM »
Already caved. Too weak minded and controlled by addiction. Can't believe it. Obviously not committed enough. Can't even say I tried when I didn't even make it 48 hours. Sad shit. Can't even feel sorry for myself, felt like I was on autopilot driving to the gas station. Sorry boys. To those who have quit fucking props to y'all, it is inspiring and I refuse to accept defeat. I will get there one day. One fail doesn't define me. Have to reevaluate what went wrong and come at it with a better gameplan. Didn't put the effort required in, and downplayed my addiction. Felt so sick and unhealthy today and school is kicking my ass and I keep coming back to this dumbass shit as a release mechanism. Deeply disappointed in myself. Hate that I let y'all down, but that is primarily the issue. Quitting has to be for me. Not for fear of letting people down. Don't know where to go from here.

I just have to point out something here. You say you are controlled by addiction. Remember, that is a choice. You can choose to let it control you or choose to not let it control you.

Only YOU can put poison into your lip. That goes both ways... only YOU can prevent it from going into your lip. 

Now, you caved. There are consequences for that on this site. But there is redemption. Do you want to be owned and controlled by a dead plant in a can that you waste money on to kill yourself or do you want freedom?

This isn't a rhetorical question. Answer and then we know where you stand.

I want freedom. I want it so so bad. My personality throughout my whole life has been to be so dedicated to something and then in a split second completely change my passions and tendencies and thats what happened today. I'm ashamed of my failure. I want to succeed.
Get over the failure and get on your quit. Get over the fear of accountability and share some digits with folks going through the same shit you are. I’ve
Sent you a PM with my digits. Anyone that asks me for help will get mine in return, and I WILL quit with you and keep you straight, but the next step isn’t mine to take...so what’s it gonna be?
The only right way to quit is today.

My Intro

Floors Visited...1, 2, 3, 4

Offline Delahunt

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2019, 03:14:27 PM »
Appreciate everything Palpatine. This quit is for myself with this site as my number one tool in the belt. I have a gameplan for the weekend, and will get through it. Will not be caving again... 10000%. Ready to have my life back.

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 1.6.2016
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2019, 10:52:10 AM »
After reading wildirish’s post of the three questions, here are my answers. Tear them apart, tear me apart, I don’t really give a shit because I’m going to quit regardless. I’m putting it all out in these answers for a hope at being able to return to this system. I know I need it and I know I’m an addict.
1.   I set myself up for failure by reasoning with myself and creating the one more dip mentality. I also didn’t take this commitment seriously (as I have a history of doing in the past). I set myself up for failure by not being a man of my word. Shitty as it sounds that’s the bottom line.
2.   It happened because I didn’t go into it with a day by day mentality. I was already thinking days in advance, and wanted a quick release from the shittiness I was feeling from nicotine withdrawal. I knowingly went and bought a can of dip, and knowingly didn’t honor my word to be dip free for that day.
3.   I’m going to keep it from happening again by actually honoring my word. Reading all the posts from today made me realize how much of a man I wasn’t. I lied to y’all and I lied to myself and I’m not doing that ever again.

While I have received crap from not reciprocating my phone number that is still something I will have to build on. The PMs, forums, roll, and my word are what I’m going to commit to. I will not dip again, but I am one paranoid individual and just throwing my personal cell out to a public forum in today’s society is not something I’m entirely ready to do yet. Even being on this forum alone and sharing my struggles is a huge step outside of my box. If that’s a deal-breaker then I’ll log out and never post on this site again. You guys won’t have to deal with me. But I’m still quitting regardless. Either through this site, or through other people in my life. I've learned a lot already from ktc, and I'm ready to own my quit.

To be clear, no one is stating to you that there are 'deal-breakers' for being here because you caved and because you won't provide your phone number.  Are they laying into you?  Sure...but it isn't a deal breaker.  They are stating this because this system works if you buy into the system.  They are speaking to Delahunt and not 'Addict Delahunt' who wants to run off away from this site and start using again.  That is our addict persona.  Our addict persona at the beginning of a quit will fight like crazy to lure you back into using poison.  It is what is and has been in control for so long.  You found something that will get that monkey off of your back and the addict you is going nuts...crazy in a way.  It is a real fight.  You can run away from here if you want...that is YOUR choice. 

Remember, the enemy is nicotine.  All of the people here who lay into you...they are laying into your addict persona.  They are trying to reach the real Delahunt that is in prison.  This site is all based on accountability.  No one here can make you do anything.  None...no one here is going to know who you are or where you live unless you tell them.  But know that all of these people are real people with regular lives doing whatever it is they do.  The one thing that brings us all together on an even playing field across the board is that we are all addicts and we found a solution and are now paying it forward to help out others.  No one here gets paid.  It is a free site that is run by many volunteers who are freely giving back to others to help them and support them to stay quit each day.  The door was opened for you when you knocked and registered.  No one made you register here. 

If you want to be free from this horrible addiction, coming hear each day will provide that daily promise and support from others to keep quit each day.  There is no cure to this.  100 days is a milestone.  The addiction is for life.  You can't go to the gym for 100 days and then never have to work out again because you will be fit the rest of your life.  It is a life long process that we just take one day at a time.

Get in here...own your addiction and own your actions.  Get quit!
Good...good, let the quit flow through you!  -chewie