Author Topic: too long coming  (Read 26140 times)

Offline pete333

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-07
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: too long coming
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 11:25:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Bradleyguy
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: AvianO
Thank you all
Called roll now for a quick question.
I think tonight will be a big test, first night of bowling since quit, tomorrow being family get together will be a bit of a test.
Xmas will be the biggest test though and this is where the nicotine freeness question arises.
My mother is a CHAIN SMOKER I have to visit over Xmas and just being in the house will be like smoking myself.
I always feel like I smoked a pack after I leave and takes a week to clear my sinuses.
The real question is will this affect my quit taking in the second hand nicotine?
Control what you can control and let the rest go.

Don't worry about Christmas right now bud. Worry about right now. I promise 30 days from now you'll be in a better place. For now, quit for today.

Kodiak can suck it man. Have you added up how much $$ you gave to the bear? If not, do it. 45k here. After tax $$ too. You don't need it to bowl, to work, to live, nothing. It does nothing but take.

Secondhand smoke isn't a cave btw. You should avoid it because it is nasty and unhealthy, but it isn't a cave. Quit with you today sir. Thanks for your service to our country.
X2 what WT said. Control what you can, and don't worry about down the road. Just focus on today. Starting to think weeks or months out becomes scary. The thought of, " I can NEVER have another dip." sounds almost unmanageable. It's not, but it's got to be a one day at a time kind of focus.

When those craves and old trigger situations come up, just remember that you don't do that shit anymore. Popping in a pinch is no longer an option for "relief". Find anything else to do besides that. And swap some digits with some quitters here. Shoot them an occasional text and maybe not only when times are tough. You'll be surprised at the level of accountability that in and of itself will be for you.
You know, I didn't really answer the question you asked.

I have read that second hand smoke has itsy bitsy teeeeeeny tiny minute amounts of nicotine in it. I dunno. Secondhand smoke is gross. I'm sure you won't stand over her and try to suck that nastiness in any more than you are forced to... so... here is an analogy. I love analogies...

Lets say that you are on a no salt diet. And lets say that Miley Cyrus insists on having a torrid evening in your big king size bed. The two of you go at it like two fucking monkeys at the zoo (if you haven't seen crazy monkey sex at the zoo, brutha, you are missing out.) In the midst of the passion filled evening, Miley's sweat is flying like crazy and some flies in your mouth as you are screaming God knows what. Does the salt in the love filled sweat mean that you broke the diet plan? I'm gonna say no. It is kind of sick and twisted to think of your mom's secondhand smoke to be like Miley's love sweat, but I'm a sick kind of guy.

Now I gotta go take a cold, cold shower.

-w2w
Miley? Ugh. I could think of at least 173 better options for said analogy.
Holy shit w2w I have never and probably would never think to say anything close to that! You crack my ass up! One day, one hour, one minute, one second, whatever it takes but don't worry about tomorrow, Friday, thanksgiving, Christmas any of that shit, by the time Christmas gets here you will be a new man and hate dip! Sac up and get this done! You got some badass quitters on your side right now! Quit on!
Now that is crazy ass shit, and I now have wrecking ball stuck in my head, fucking appreciate it.... 'do it'

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
Thank you all
I think tonight will be a big test, first night of bowling since quit, tomorrow being family get together will be a bit of a test.
Xmas will be the biggest test though and this is where the nicotine freeness question arises.
My mother is a CHAIN SMOKER I have to visit over Xmas and just being in the house will be like smoking myself.
I always feel like I smoked a pack after I leave and takes a week to clear my sinuses.
The real question is will this affect my quit taking in the second hand nicotine?

Don't worry about Christmas right now bud. Worry about right now. I promise 30 days from now you'll be in a better place. For now, quit for today.

Kodiak can suck it man. Have you added up how much $$ you gave to the bear? If not, do it. 45k here. After tax $$ too. You don't need it to bowl, to work, to live, nothing. It does nothing but take.

Secondhand smoke isn't a cave btw. You should avoid it because it is nasty and unhealthy, but it isn't a cave. Quit with you today sir. Thanks for your service to our country.
X2 what WT said. Control what you can, and don't worry about down the road. Just focus on today. Starting to think weeks or months out becomes scary. The thought of, " I can NEVER have another dip." sounds almost unmanageable. It's not, but it's got to be a one day at a time kind of focus.

When those craves and old trigger situations come up, just remember that you don't do that shit anymore. Popping in a pinch is no longer an option for "relief". Find anything else to do besides that. And swap some digits with some quitters here. Shoot them an occasional text and maybe not only when times are tough. You'll be surprised at the level of accountability that in and of itself will be for you.

I have read that second hand smoke has itsy bitsy teeeeeeny tiny minute amounts of nicotine in it. I dunno. Secondhand smoke is gross. I'm sure you won't stand over her and try to suck that nastiness in any more than you are forced to... so... here is an analogy. I love analogies...

Lets say that you are on a no salt diet. And lets say that Miley Cyrus insists on having a torrid evening in your big king size bed. The two of you go at it like two fucking monkeys at the zoo (if you haven't seen crazy monkey sex at the zoo, brutha, you are missing out.) In the midst of the passion filled evening, Miley's sweat is flying like crazy and some flies in your mouth as you are screaming God knows what. Does the salt in the love filled sweat mean that you broke the diet plan? I'm gonna say no. It is kind of sick and twisted to think of your mom's secondhand smoke to be like Miley's love sweat, but I'm a sick kind of guy.

-w2w
Holy shit w2w I have never and probably would never think to say anything close to that! You crack my ass up! One day, one hour, one minute, one second, whatever it takes but don't worry about tomorrow, Friday, thanksgiving, Christmas any of that shit, by the time Christmas gets here you will be a new man and hate dip! Sac up and get this done! You got some badass quitters on your side right now! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline BG

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 03:33:00 PM »
Thank you all

-w2w

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 09:57:00 AM »
Thank you all

-w2w

Offline BG

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 08:08:00 AM »
Thank you all

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 08:00:00 AM »
Thank you all

Offline AvianO

• Quitter
  • Ride on and Quit on
  • Quit Date: 22 NOV 2015
  • Interests: Bowling, Golf and QUITTING!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 07:46:00 AM »
Thank you all
QUIT ON!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bucky

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-04-29
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 01:05:00 AM »
Quote from: striper
Stick with it man. I'm at at day 5 and started dipping in 86. First Kodiak and then Copenhagen Snuff. Don't know how how many times I took all my empty tins and scraped each one out so I could get a decent dip. I quit with you. See you at roll call tomorrow morning.
The last line of striper's post is fucking beautiful.

Well done old man!

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 10:08:00 PM »
My local walmart stocked smokey mountain mint as I was checking out today. I said give me a can of that. When I first found out about fake dip I was using the wintergreen and straight. Being a former copelongcut and snuff user I was reluctant to use these but, to my satisfaction they weren't that bad, mainly I knew I wasn't shoving the poison in me. The mint to me tastes good and has a good spit to it. Even though I bought the can today, I hardly use it any more, I was too excited to see they carried it. Basically use the fake if you need to.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline striper

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-11-20
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 07:30:00 PM »
Stick with it man. I'm at at day 5 and started dipping in 86. First Kodiak and then Copenhagen Snuff. Don't know how how many times I took all my empty tins and scraped each one out so I could get a decent dip. I quit with you. See you at roll call tomorrow morning.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 07:07:00 PM »
So today was a rough day spent a lot of time reading KTC.com skipped lunch to avoid going out someplace where I could cave.
Found my last can, picked it up and thumped it like it was a new can and just that action helped relieve some tension.
I also tried something slightly different as a replacement for the oral fixation and will keep my thumping can for this.
Whole leaf Earl Grey tea.... heard somewhere that this might work had some laying around and brewed up a cup.
Not bad while it is still warm once it cools off kinda gross so I dumped it.
The bag has way to much to use all at once so I put the left overs in my can after rinsing the nastiness out.
My quit is still on and I think I will eventually get bored or tired of the tea leaves and by then.....I won't need it.

Quit On!!!
Day 3
I haven't tried it but there are companies that make fake chew. Maybe that would help you with the oral fixation. The main KTC site has some reviews of these here.

Smokeless Alternatives

And three days quit is pretty bad ass by the way. The nicotine is almost out of your system and after that it becomes a battle with your brain. Lean on this place and your quit brothers when you need to.

I quit with you today!

Offline AvianO

• Quitter
  • Ride on and Quit on
  • Quit Date: 22 NOV 2015
  • Interests: Bowling, Golf and QUITTING!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 06:45:00 PM »
So today was a rough day spent a lot of time reading KTC.com skipped lunch to avoid going out someplace where I could cave.
Found my last can, picked it up and thumped it like it was a new can and just that action helped relieve some tension.
I also tried something slightly different as a replacement for the oral fixation and will keep my thumping can for this.
Whole leaf Earl Grey tea.... heard somewhere that this might work had some laying around and brewed up a cup.
Not bad while it is still warm once it cools off kinda gross so I dumped it.
The bag has way to much to use all at once so I put the left overs in my can after rinsing the nastiness out.
My quit is still on and I think I will eventually get bored or tired of the tea leaves and by then.....I won't need it.

Quit On!!!
Day 3
QUIT ON!!!!!!!!!

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 03:17:00 PM »
Congrats Avian on your decision to quit. You hit the man up button by quitting ahead of your scheduled date. RESPECT.

I'm here for you if you need me. I quit with you today!
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline Bucky

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-04-29
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 01:38:00 PM »
Congrats to you on making a life changing decision you will not regret. You received some excellent advice here and I saw you were able to post roll. Great choice and way to figure that out! Now, just be a man of your word for the whole day. Before you know it, and despite the difficulties that will likely occur, you will wake up tomorrow and be on Day 4. Then repeat. After awhile, I promise, it will get easier. Post first thing in the morning and then don't break that promise to yourself or your fellow quitters.

This will not be easy to do! I also chewed a can of Kodiak everyday, all day (and sometimes thru the night) since the 80's (cue in Round and Round ....). You can do this, and will be better off for it! Reach out anytime you are in need and get this shit done. I sent you my number ... and no that doesn't mean I'm gay. I was new to the whole internet forum just a few months ago, but some reached out to me in similar fashion and got me through some times that I probably wouldn't have been able to on my own.

I'll quit with you today and look forward to seeing your name on roll tomorrow!

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 12:05:00 PM »
Welcome to the nuthouse Avian and congrats on a great decision to quit "early". Drink lots of water, get to know your brothers in February and quit your ass off. You can do this. It won't always be easy, but you will NEVER regret quitting. Post roll, keep your promise, rinse and repeat. It's that simple. Glad to have you here.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18