Author Topic: too long coming  (Read 25817 times)

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: too long coming
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 11:28:00 AM »
Welcome to quietness. I like you was a stasher of my many cans (freezer, truck, desk drawer, garage, coat pocket, nightstand. The worst part of that was the first year finding full cans and the ceremoniously dumping them into the toilet for a proper burial.

You have one hell of a challenge lying in front of you now but my personal opinion quitting is way better than planning to quit. Now exchange phone numbers with other quitters and open yourself up to humility and honor. This is not easy but if you document your quit journey and use this site as a diary it will help fuel your quit day in and day out.

You will also start to notice that there are many current and former service members here so though your addiction is a common thread so is your service. Find people that you can follow and do just that. Do not quit for me, them or anyone else but yourself and you will see how easy success is when you have a good path to follow.

Welcome brother
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 11:02:00 AM »
Nice AV, you made it past the dreaded 3 day physical madness. Now it is all mental bro. And being military, you are bad-ass enough to kick this addiction (not a habit). Stay quit bro, get with the quit group, FEB i believe it is and if you need anything please let me know. Sounds like I'm about the same age as you.

And bro i made it to 100 days as of today. I'm going to PM you my phone number, text or call me if you need anything, that's how we do it here. Get active in your group and hold your mates accountable for posting their daily roll call swearing off nicotine for that day,

One Day at a time here. Nice job on the quit, jump into this site with both feet and you will be successful. Before you know it you will be reaching out to a newbie like yourself, and paying it forward.

Offline quark

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-23
  • Interests: Biking, swimming, running, reading
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 10:24:00 AM »
Quote from: AvianO
12/1/15 was going to be my quit date.

Sunday 11/22/15 I woke up, grabbed my can, forgot i emptied it after dinner the night before, went to the beer fridge to grab a fresh can....oops nothing there, No biggie there's a hidden stash in the freezer in the kitchen...umm nope that was the can I finished after dinner. Ok out to the truck to grab some from the secret stash under the console....holy crap that is gone too.
Read your own words, sounds like a junkie needing a fix immediately. It is a nasty addiction. You need your life back, and this is the way to do it: post roll first thing every day, communicate with your fellow quitters, believe in the process, and keep that shit out of your mouth no matter what. Dip doesn't make anything better, it only makes life worse.

Offline Copper12

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-01-05
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, shooting guns and bows, Sports, Family time, playing with my kids.https://youtu.be/STp1UtMrKR4
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 08:16:00 AM »
Welcome Avian, this is the best choice you'll ever make! I know exactly how you feel brother, and this road isn't easy, but well worth it in the end. I'm living proof that it can be done; 55 days quit today, and that was only because I quit one day at a time, and used the site and my group to lean on during rough times! I quit with you today!
quit date: January 24th, 2017

Introduction
Motivation Video

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 08:15:00 AM »
Day 3 is awesome! By tomorrow the nicotine will be out of your system.

Reading on KTC is a good way to pass time and stay quit. A couple more things that help:

Go to February 2016 quit group (based on your day 3, you will get to 100 days in February). Post roll, your promise to use no nicotine for 24 hours. Get digits from those quitters to build a support network.

Don't be afraid to get seeds or fake chew to get past early craves, drink lots of water, and exercise.

Offline AvianO

• Quitter
  • Ride on and Quit on
  • Quit Date: 22 NOV 2015
  • Interests: Bowling, Golf and QUITTING!!!!!
too long coming
« on: November 24, 2015, 08:07:00 AM »
In June of 1984 I was a Ft. Sill OK for basic training. No smoking. No chewing for that matter.
Someone introduced me to Kodiak, showed me how to chew right in front of the drill sergeants, taught me to wash it all down with water so they never saw me spit, not a bad thing helped me stay hydrated in the desert heat.
I should go back now and punch that guy in the mouth. Since that time I have chewed Kodiak pretty much all day every day. If I am was awake and not eating there was a dip in. Got up in the morning put it in on the way to piss. It stayed there till lunch or dinner sometimes and then food replaced it and then out came the can and filled my lip back up till bedtime. Hell some nights I even slept with it in.
I was referred to this site by my health coach from work when I began my search for assistance in quitting. I read, I even put a plan in place. 12/1/15 was going to be my quit date.
Sunday 11/22/15 I woke up, grabbed my can, forgot i emptied it after dinner the night before, went to the beer fridge to grab a fresh can....oops nothing there, No biggie there's a hidden stash in the freezer in the kitchen...umm nope that was the can I finished after dinner. Ok out to the truck to grab some from the secret stash under the console....holy crap that is gone too. Hopped in the seat went to start the truck took a deep breath and said screw it I am doing this early.
I am now on my third day one of my quit been up since 3:00 am pretty sure If I had not come here to read I would have ended up at the Mobil round the corner.
Thank you all for your help so far.
QUIT ON!!!!!!!!!