Author Topic: Youngish quitter  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Youngish quitter
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »
Quote from: E&C's
Quote from: The_Bink
Damn, I was a dick last night. It was a shit night at work and I came in and snapped at the doubt and sarcasm. I'm sorry. But as for the negativity, I get enough of that in my life. My roommates and almost everyone I work with are pillheads and constantly negative (corporate restaurant industry in the ghetto part of town). At work it's in my advantage because my attitude is moving me up fairly quickly, but the day to day sucks. Constant nagging, now jealousy, and supreme laziness drag on me, and I come here for positive support. There have been a few, and I appreciate them greatly. But I humbly ask that if you want to help me out, do so in a constructive manner. If you don't believe that I can do what I say I will do, I don't have anything to say to you. After this year, I'm getting a place with my girl friend (will then be fiance) who is also weening off. She is using the vape, down to 6 mg. I know this site doesn't support that method, and I know it won't work for me. If I hit it, I'll be right back at square one so I won't do it. But I have a loose goal for the future, just going to win the day to day and get there. Regardless, I will not use today.
just going to win the day to day and get there. Regardless, I will not use today

^^^^Do this today and then do it again tomorrow. Fuck everything else. These dudes don't hate they have just seen your story 100 times before and it usually doesn't work out for young people who are around users everyday. I know you can do it the only question is will you. I will not use today is my strategy and it has worked for 51 days straight.
It may seem that there is some negativity but you just have to look at it differently. Everyone here will do anything to help you quit short of quitting for you. Look at it as motivation or a challenge.
If we comment on your thread...we support you.
You can do this. Hell, if I can do this, anyone can.
Just focus on the here and now and you will be successful. Take what you need from the comments and leave the rest. Remember that these guys have seen a lot and know their shit. Find some people that inspire you and PM them, comment on their intro page, chat with them.
All that matters is that you are quit.
I'm quit today are you?
Hell yeah! Quit on!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

E&C's Dad

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 11:21:00 AM »
Damn, I was a dick last night. It was a shit night at work and I came in and snapped at the doubt and sarcasm. I'm sorry. But as for the negativity, I get enough of that in my life. My roommates and almost everyone I work with are pillheads and constantly negative (corporate restaurant industry in the ghetto part of town). At work it's in my advantage because my attitude is moving me up fairly quickly, but the day to day sucks. Constant nagging, now jealousy, and supreme laziness drag on me, and I come here for positive support. There have been a few, and I appreciate them greatly. But I humbly ask that if you want to help me out, do so in a constructive manner. If you don't believe that I can do what I say I will do, I don't have anything to say to you. After this year, I'm getting a place with my girl friend (will then be fiance) who is also weening off. She is using the vape, down to 6 mg. I know this site doesn't support that method, and I know it won't work for me. If I hit it, I'll be right back at square one so I won't do it. But I have a loose goal for the future, just going to win the day to day and get there. Regardless, I will not use today.
just going to win the day to day and get there. Regardless, I will not use today

^^^^Do this today and then do it again tomorrow. Fuck everything else. These dudes don't hate they have just seen your story 100 times before and it usually doesn't work out for young people who are around users everyday. I know you can do it the only question is will you. I will not use today is my strategy and it has worked for 51 days straight.

Offline The_Bink

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-30
  • Interests: World of Warcraft, Hockey, Xbox, Reading, Movies, Sex, the other good stuff in life... get to know me and I'm pretty open.
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 11:12:00 AM »
Quit Dates
Nicotine 4/30/14

Group - Triple A (Adamant Augustonian Abstainers) Brass Ballers

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 09:20:00 AM »
Wow. Only 30 understands me. But all the unnecessary jeering aside, yes I am quit. I quit April 30th. I quit May 1st. I've quit every day since then. I will quit every day ODAAT from here on out. I am an addict, but I will defeat it every day for myself and because I say that I will. I did have to quit a certain way because that works for me. Your support means something to me, but your opinions on how my mind works does not. Anyways, now that those 4 days are behind me, it was time, so I gave away my last tobacco. I have 2 roommates that smoke and drink nightly that I'm locked into a lease with until March, and at least one of them has asked me each day if I want one. My word to you, my stubborn will, and my past experience in caving make it easy to say no every time. I quit that brown devil, and I'm not going back.
30s last question:
Is this something you can do?
Sure everyone can, but will you? I doubt it unless you show a lot stronger hatred towards the poison. I just don't hear a quit. Prove me wrong.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
Bink, I am glad to hear you gave away your personal stash of tobacco. I had multiple stoppages over the last 15 years, and having an emergency can of Skoal hidden somewhere ruined, let's see.....100% of those stoppages. I can't help you with your roommates, and if they are good roommates, damn, that is tough because good roomies are hard to find. Stay strong, and I quit with you today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline The_Bink

• Quitter
  • Interests: World of Warcraft, Hockey, Xbox, Reading, Movies, Sex, the other good stuff in life... get to know me and I'm pretty open.
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 11:37:00 PM »
Wow. Only 30 understands me. But all the unnecessary jeering aside, yes I am quit. I quit April 30th. I quit May 1st. I've quit every day since then. I will quit every day ODAAT from here on out. I am an addict, but I will defeat it every day for myself and because I say that I will. I did have to quit a certain way because that works for me. Your support means something to me, but your opinions on how my mind works does not. Anyways, now that those 4 days are behind me, it was time, so I gave away my last tobacco. I have 2 roommates that smoke and drink nightly that I'm locked into a lease with until March, and at least one of them has asked me each day if I want one. My word to you, my stubborn will, and my past experience in caving make it easy to say no every time. I quit that brown devil, and I'm not going back.
Quit Dates
Nicotine 4/30/14

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Thanks, everyone. I spent my first 2 days reading countless posts on this site, especially all of the HoF speeches. I do find that I worked a little differently than most when I quit, and in my previous stops. I like to torture myself with my triggers to face them early and make sure I was ready to quit. I kept my can until day 5 and I would smell it, get pissed, and throw it multiple times a day. Now in the future if I ever have a can in my hand, I've been there before when my cravings were wayyyy worse. The only major triggers I didn't knock out in the first 4 days were drinking and a long road trip, power to you Pcalf. As for drinking, I would probably cave if I drank that soon into it, but I did go to the bar and hang out with a bunch of drunks who were smoking and the idiots kept offering me cigarettes. Still was easy to say no, cause I had my can and 1 smoke in my pocket already. If I didn't do that, it becomes that much more tempting to take one from someone. I do it cause in my first stop I flushed everything and broke my cigs. On day 3 without seeing my enemy, the hate got soft and I caved. I like to keep it fresh during hell week, cause I use and abuse that rage to quell cravings. But it has served its purpose now and the dip made a call to the great white telephone and my roommate stole my last cig last night while we were margarita drunk (no cave for me, nic bitch.) Anyways, I feel I'm mentally stronger in my quit now that I've been in position to cave and refused during the physical aspect of the quit. Just gotta affirm each and every new day that my habits are now nic free.
You're playing with fire. Stop messing around and just quit. Your previous "attempts" prove that you don't have the resolve to do it the way you've "tried" before.

Remove all temptations... your previous stops prove you are weak and can't resist.

Your triggers have also proved to be stronger than you in the past. Learn from that and, for now, avoid them.

You need to want this as much as the air you breathe. Anything less and she's got her claws in you... again.
Yeah, what AJ said. Burn your boats. There's no going back, so don't make it easy on yourself to go back. That's just crazy and you're obviously not thinking right. Hopefully you are now though. No need to have a can around just to test yourself.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Thanks, everyone. I spent my first 2 days reading countless posts on this site, especially all of the HoF speeches. I do find that I worked a little differently than most when I quit, and in my previous stops. I like to torture myself with my triggers to face them early and make sure I was ready to quit. I kept my can until day 5 and I would smell it, get pissed, and throw it multiple times a day. Now in the future if I ever have a can in my hand, I've been there before when my cravings were wayyyy worse. The only major triggers I didn't knock out in the first 4 days were drinking and a long road trip, power to you Pcalf. As for drinking, I would probably cave if I drank that soon into it, but I did go to the bar and hang out with a bunch of drunks who were smoking and the idiots kept offering me cigarettes. Still was easy to say no, cause I had my can and 1 smoke in my pocket already. If I didn't do that, it becomes that much more tempting to take one from someone. I do it cause in my first stop I flushed everything and broke my cigs. On day 3 without seeing my enemy, the hate got soft and I caved. I like to keep it fresh during hell week, cause I use and abuse that rage to quell cravings. But it has served its purpose now and the dip made a call to the great white telephone and my roommate stole my last cig last night while we were margarita drunk (no cave for me, nic bitch.) Anyways, I feel I'm mentally stronger in my quit now that I've been in position to cave and refused during the physical aspect of the quit. Just gotta affirm each and every new day that my habits are now nic free.
You're playing with fire. Stop messing around and just quit. Your previous "attempts" prove that you don't have the resolve to do it the way you've "tried" before.

Remove all temptations... your previous stops prove you are weak and can't resist.

Your triggers have also proved to be stronger than you in the past. Learn from that and, for now, avoid them.

You need to want this as much as the air you breathe. Anything less and she's got her claws in you... again.
hey Bink,

You're awesome. you've got this whooped totally forever even with everyone around you smoking up a storm.
You are mentally stronger against the habit of using nicotine now that you whooped it already with your different kind of beginning quit.
Afterall, you are very different than most people. You're a special butterfly, no doubt. Must be your super duper Bink Powers.
Your stoppages are totally celebratory because they lasted longer than anyone thought they would.
You're not an addict because nicotine is just another habit for you to affirm each day.
I'm kicking the habit today with you. See me jump and kick the habit. Whoo hoo.

In all seriousness,
You're going to cave and dip again if you don't get real with the nicotine addict staring back at you in the mirror.
We are all nicotine addicts, period
You can "be quit" ODAAT = One Day at a Time...but you gotta reeeeeaaaallllllyyyy want it one day at a time. Anything less will not suffice.
The tools are here and 40,000 other quitters who have drank the KTC Koolaid and remain quit today...ODAAT.
The cost of admission is "your word" every day your feet hit the floor. (Post Roll)
Keep your word all day...(your word is good, right?)
Wake and Repeat.
Is this something you can do?
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »
Bink, flush the can and the smoke if you are going to be quit. Having the nic bitch with you at all times is a recipe to cave hard.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 11:41:00 AM »

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline The_Bink

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
Quit Dates
Nicotine 4/30/14

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 05:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: Raider
Quote from: Bombero
Quote from: MCO
Hey y'all. Didn't think I really had much to say (lying to myself, I love to talk (especially in () lol)) so I put off my intro, but I realised this morning that I was being irrational. At any rate, that is certainly no way to enter the brotherhood. Anyways, I'm on day 5, and have posted roll for my August group twice consecutively now. I'm 22, underweight at 115 lbs from my metabolism/lifestyle and a true dipper of about 6 years, my first one came at 14 but I didn't start using it regularly until junior year in high school (graduated at 17.) I'm sick of having no energy when I'm supposed to have youthful vigor. Between a can and a pack a day, 4 energy drinks a day, not eating right, and the copious intake of thc, I couldn't hold a stable mood, had terrible sleeping habits, and was underperforming in almost every aspect of my life. This was my reasoning to quit, everyone around me smokes and I want to set the example and show them it's possible. But I also want to quit to be a better version of myself. I already have much higher energy and my mood hasn't been so bipolar except for the nic rage on night #3. I've stopped for months before in the past, but I fell victim to the 80 day funk, did the celebratory cigar smoke, pretty much all of the typical tricks I didn't know existed. This time is different because this time, I have all of you, and the knowledge of how She will try to get me back. Well, I'm 5 days free of the nic bitch (love the term,) 11 days free of the canned crack and ganja, broke from all the food I'm eating now, and feeling holistically better. The headaches and such don't really faze me, I constantly had them anyways. Only being in the fog sucks, but it really feels like the fog is lifting. Tbh, I feel like I was in the fog that whole time, and now I'm finally getting lucid again. I used to score top levels in school, but I didn't care to finish college cause I was too busy getting fucked up. I had some ulterior motives for starting my bad habits and should you get to know me a little better, I'm sure we will talk about it in the future. This is already lengthy by my intro standard. As there is not a section for the body, that will have to come out in pieces over many conversations, and I hope my conclusion is far, far away. May the 4th be with you.

Glad to be here,
The_Bink
Welcome Blink,

Congrats on day 5, that's a hell of an accomplishment. Sounds like you have multiple addictions, luckily handling addiction is what we do here. KTC has a quit group for caffeine and a general drug quit group, i suggest joining them as well as your August QG. I'm 22 as well so I feel that I might be able to relate to you better than some of these old farts, I used to live a lot like you (minus the weed), I've changed my lifestyle to be healthier, you can too.

My advice is the same to you as it is to everyone that comes here to KTC: Jump in head first and drink the Kool-Aid. This site will work if you want it to work, but you have to make the effort. Don't just come here and post roll every day, stick around, meet your fellow quitters, jump in live chat and chat it up with some bad ass quitters, read as much as you can, and most of all make meaningful connections with other quitters.

If you need a number send me a PM, I'm quitting like fuck with you today!

MCO
Dang, that is a helluva list. Jump in headfirst, own your quits - I've never seen any addict quit any substance unless they wanted to. PM me if you need a number, I'll do my best to talk you through a cave.
Count up all those quits in Roll. Glad to be quit with ya.

MCO, who the hell you calling an old fart. I resemble that remark.
You can do this. You already have a great out pouring of support from other quitters. Remember to avoid triggers (keep yourself out of those situations). Triggers can be any regular activity or process that you did where one of your addictions just became a necessary part of doing that (mowing the lawn, playing baseball, working on the car, etc.

Strap in because this is a bumpy rough ride.
These guys all know what they are talking about. Stick close to this site and read, LOTS. This site has saved me from falling into a lifetime of feeding my addiction, which in turn has saved me a lot of heartache and of course the big "C".

I am a young quitter as well (25) just know that you have to do this for yourself and do this because you absolutely hate nicotine. We like to quit ODAAT (One Day At A Time) I know in the beginning it was more like One Minute At A Time, but do whatever it takes to stay quit today. Then do it again tomorrow. I quit with you today.

Starr
Day 146

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
Quote from: Raider
Hey y'all. Didn't think I really had much to say (lying to myself, I love to talk (especially in () lol)) so I put off my intro, but I realised this morning that I was being irrational. At any rate, that is certainly no way to enter the brotherhood. Anyways, I'm on day 5, and have posted roll for my August group twice consecutively now. I'm 22, underweight at 115 lbs from my metabolism/lifestyle and a true dipper of about 6 years, my first one came at 14 but I didn't start using it regularly until junior year in high school (graduated at 17.) I'm sick of having no energy when I'm supposed to have youthful vigor. Between a can and a pack a day, 4 energy drinks a day, not eating right, and the copious intake of thc, I couldn't hold a stable mood, had terrible sleeping habits, and was underperforming in almost every aspect of my life. This was my reasoning to quit, everyone around me smokes and I want to set the example and show them it's possible. But I also want to quit to be a better version of myself. I already have much higher energy and my mood hasn't been so bipolar except for the nic rage on night #3. I've stopped for months before in the past, but I fell victim to the 80 day funk, did the celebratory cigar smoke, pretty much all of the typical tricks I didn't know existed. This time is different because this time, I have all of you, and the knowledge of how She will try to get me back. Well, I'm 5 days free of the nic bitch (love the term,) 11 days free of the canned crack and ganja, broke from all the food I'm eating now, and feeling holistically better. The headaches and such don't really faze me, I constantly had them anyways. Only being in the fog sucks, but it really feels like the fog is lifting. Tbh, I feel like I was in the fog that whole time, and now I'm finally getting lucid again. I used to score top levels in school, but I didn't care to finish college cause I was too busy getting fucked up. I had some ulterior motives for starting my bad habits and should you get to know me a little better, I'm sure we will talk about it in the future. This is already lengthy by my intro standard. As there is not a section for the body, that will have to come out in pieces over many conversations, and I hope my conclusion is far, far away. May the 4th be with you.

Glad to be here,
The_Bink
Welcome Blink,

Congrats on day 5, that's a hell of an accomplishment. Sounds like you have multiple addictions, luckily handling addiction is what we do here. KTC has a quit group for caffeine and a general drug quit group, i suggest joining them as well as your August QG. I'm 22 as well so I feel that I might be able to relate to you better than some of these old farts, I used to live a lot like you (minus the weed), I've changed my lifestyle to be healthier, you can too.

My advice is the same to you as it is to everyone that comes here to KTC: Jump in head first and drink the Kool-Aid. This site will work if you want it to work, but you have to make the effort. Don't just come here and post roll every day, stick around, meet your fellow quitters, jump in live chat and chat it up with some bad ass quitters, read as much as you can, and most of all make meaningful connections with other quitters.

MCO
Dang, that is a helluva list. Jump in headfirst, own your quits - I've never seen any addict quit any substance unless they wanted to. PM me if you need a number, I'll do my best to talk you through a cave.

You can do this. You already have a great out pouring of support from other quitters. Remember to avoid triggers (keep yourself out of those situations). Triggers can be any regular activity or process that you did where one of your addictions just became a necessary part of doing that (mowing the lawn, playing baseball, working on the car, etc.

Strap in because this is a bumpy rough ride.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 09:26:00 AM »

Glad to be here,
The_Bink
Welcome Blink,

MCO

Offline Bombero

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-25
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 11:46:00 PM »

Glad to be here,
The_Bink
Welcome Blink,

MCO
I was a ninja dipper, but I will have a berserker quit - Here's some encouragement

NEVER Ring the Bell! Watch this. It will change your life.

When a crave hits watch this.

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be Kind Always."

?Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good. ? ~ Vince Lombardi

"We all have our own demons that we face on a day to day basis. Some we can talk to others about. Some that we have to work through on our own. ...the nic bitch continues to knock on the doors my friends. Stay strong, stay vigilant." - Fireheeler; 6/11/14 in AUG14

Never cured, but quitting like this

What cost is too high?

Addict Life