Author Topic: Quit or Die  (Read 9586 times)

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quit or Die
« Reply #341 on: January 22, 2016, 08:39:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: sportsfan231
congrats on 12th floor friend. 'boob' 'boob' 'boob'
Nice Evil keep going where are
Lame.

Dude got all butthurt and bailed this site. Hasn't been on for close to 2 years.
Congrats Dude, enjoy your meet with Sportsfan...don't drop the soap!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #340 on: January 22, 2016, 08:39:00 AM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Lame.

Dude got all butthurt and bailed this site. Hasn't been on for close to 2 years.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #339 on: January 22, 2016, 08:07:00 AM »
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Sportsfan231

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #338 on: January 22, 2016, 07:14:00 AM »

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #337 on: June 29, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »
First thing that comes to mind is "Wow" I wasted over an hour trying to figure out what the hell is going on around here. I had briefly heard of the rumbling but to be honest I am so busy that until just a couple nights ago didn't even realize the extent of the drama unfolding. Its starting to die down now I think, which is good because after all KTC exists to save addicts and I would guess that Loot  EW would agree, this the most important thing. Hurt feelings and personal battles and all that crap really don't matter in the grand scheme of life. Your personal quit, your family, those are really the only things that mean anything. You may ask, why are you even taking the time to reply to this now? Well I am replying to this because when a newbie stumbles across it, I hope they take 2 minutes to read this and take into account before running away if that was their inkling.

In life we need to honor those that came before us and cut the path. Without trail blazers we wouldn't get far in the world. For me, it doesn't matter if that is here at KTC or some other facet of life. Honoring those that came before us should always take place. Because of this, I thank Loot for his dedication to KTC in being a founding father and to EW for his dedication the past couple years as well. I would buy either one of them a beer if I saw them. That said, honoring someone doesn't mean anything but that, doesn't mean I owe them anything more then that respect. I will always respect guys like EW  Loot, who have a stand-up take no prisoners, no bullshit attitude. I seem to take a similar approach to things in life. I can also respect them taking a stance for their personal belief's or feelings towards a subject matter and wouldn't hold it against them. It also means that any of the other Admin, founders or what have you would get anything else from me either. I will give you the respect and honor you deserve for your accomplishments. No more, no less. If you are an Admin, Mod or anyone else here as a supposed active participating member of KTC and don't post roll on a regular basis, that is between you and yours. If you can put your head on the pillow at night and have no regrets, what do I care. It doesn't effect my quit in the least. Its about as worrisome as a rainy day in my world to be honest. If you are doing that and I knew about it, then I actually would have a little pity for you. Because your soul is a bit empty in my opinion. But again in my world it doesn't effect me. Would I personally associate with you if I knew this was your character, nope I would not. That is why it really means nothing to me how you behave or how you live your life as long as it doesn't hurt my quit.

Now, all that said, I am actually one of the quitters who never really had any direct contact from either Loot or EW, maybe a little banter in the chat room, but nothing special. Guess what? I am still here on day 222 as I type this. My point you ask? My point is that KTC, the entity is bigger then any one or two people can ever be. Loot and the other 6 have created a monster of quit, a medusa that will continue to create quitters with or without them. Cut one head off and another will grow to take its place. KTC isn't about Loot or EW or me or Chewie or Gmann or Franpro or anybody else for that matter, its about KTC the entity! We can honor those from the past and like I said, I would buy anyone of the 7 founding members or folks like EW a beer if I ever have the honor of meeting them. But life is about the future, not the past! If you live in the past, you get passed by or you die, period! If I was living in the past, I would still be packing in a lip turd every 60-90 minutes I was awake. I choose to live in the present and plan for the future, so I quit one day at a time and sometimes one hour at time. Because of that I salute Loot  EW for what they helped create and wish they would choose to be here because they themselves are truly the ones who will be hurt the most by leaving. I wish they would reconsider and stay but also respect their decision since much of this is a personal thing. Me, I will not waste another moment looking backward today. Here is to everyone on KTC today with me, all those that made the promise to not use nicotine today. To continue our climb to the top of Everest, I salute you fellow quit brothers and sisters and promise I am quit with you today!

Menace
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline billybill3934

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and 2 young children keep me happy and busy most of the time but when I get a spare moment you can catch me in a historic area or park metal detecting or up on the river sluicing for some gold or with a fishing pole in my hand. I also like hunting, hiking, and anything else exciting or outdoors. I like all sports and recently got into volleyball.
« Reply #336 on: June 25, 2014, 09:00:00 PM »
I Quit every day all day and then I live my life knowing that I am part of a very special group of people. We all know what it means to be quit and we all know what KTC has done for us in our tough journey. Leave the bullshit at the door and quit like it's the only thing that matters. It really saddens me that this is what seems to be important to some people.
"I quit today until tomorrow then quit again"
29MAY2013-QUIT!
WIN THE DAY
My HOF Speech
HOF:05SEP2013
My Intro

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #335 on: June 25, 2014, 12:23:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: sh4string
The community here is a poorer place without Evil.......period
Agreed. Have you texted/emailed him? I have done all I can to encourage him and get him back. Unsuccessfully.
Times 2

You're always welcome back, sir.
Evil knows more than anyone else that KTC is bigger than any individual. He probably would also cringe at the thought of us keeping his intro page on the front page with this fanfare. He chose to get wrapped up in the BS and the simple fact is this: he hasn't posted roll in 4 days.

"Take what you need and leave the rest."
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #334 on: June 25, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »
Quote from: doc2quit4good
If he ever reads this again I second this sentiment. Who the hell wouldn't?
Evil was one of the first people to reach out to me and direct my foggy ass to the right place.

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #333 on: June 25, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »
If he ever reads this again I second this sentiment. Who the hell wouldn't?
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #332 on: June 25, 2014, 11:23:00 AM »
Quote from: gmann
Agreed. Have you texted/emailed him? I have done all I can to encourage him and get him back. Unsuccessfully.
Times 2

You're always welcome back, sir.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #331 on: June 25, 2014, 10:46:00 AM »

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #330 on: June 25, 2014, 10:41:00 AM »
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #329 on: June 24, 2014, 08:05:00 PM »
Hey evil. Don't know you very well but I do know your contribution to the site. Getting off nic was a struggle for you, I do know that. Stick around man. I don't know the story and I don't want to know. I just hate to see a brother crack that door open. Post roll. It works. Fuck the rest.

Ryan

PM me your number. Not sure why we never swapped, but hopefully it is not too late.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #328 on: June 24, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »
I wondered why my nose itched today. Now I found out.

Anyone between 280 -320 days, then around the 700 mark. I don't think these moments I experienced where funks, fogs or even triggers. I wasn't in danger of caving. Still posted roll daily.  I was just quick to rage. I wasn't going to take any shit any more. I thought I knew how the site works and my ideas to change it were the best.

So I put in a suggestion to change something on the site (thinking I had a genius idea) It was explained and rejected. For some reason I just got pissed and then quit the site. I had people contacting me and I didn't realize my contribution and I really liked the brotherhood, so I came back and read some comments to get mad again and pick a fight with the mods. Not sure how true it was but the story I heard is that I was saved by one vote to not ban me.

What squelched the battles was Nolaq told me he knew what was going on with me. "Mthomas....You're hurting" I read that and said to myself, "The hell I am, I am nic free, my job is great, my family has never been better, I have no reason to hurt".....but it was true. That was what was going on. I had this huge victory in my life and it hurts??????

Others that knew a lot more about addiction stepped in and saved me. There is a desire as you get into a long term quit...a desire to kick all the walls out of your life. It is a dangerous time. The very relationships you love and cherish are the ones I attacked. Had I not been enlightened, I dare say my relationships with family would have suffered. I sometimes think this is the cause of so many break ups in recovery because getting healthy looks good on paper but you hurt and the hurt is displayed in short fuse anger.

Anyone that has gone the distance, deep breaths at 300 then 700. You might be hurting. Face and acknowledge the hurt. Keep reading. It passes but quitting becomes easy, recovering is still embracing the suck.

I hope that we as a group can get better at not being easily offended or easily offending. The real enemy is nicotine. We are at war with her and I appreciate your quits. Mine is stronger for it.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #327 on: June 24, 2014, 08:56:00 AM »
I have no idea what the fuck is going on here; however, I do know that there have been many a quitters that go through some serious shit right around 700.

I'm not a true believer of the funks that looT talks about, but I do see similarities. Everyone is different, and some people react the same way at certain times. I truly think this is what's going on right here right now.

I won't call them out, but there is a quitter here that did much the same thing - went on a major tirade, got in a pissing contest with the Mod and Admin team and threatened to leave. I reached out to this guy and (I think) helped him see the forrest through the trees. He's still here, posting up, and hopefully better and stronger for the experience.

I'm not saying this to brag. I'm putting this here because many of you know Evil on a personal level. You need to reach him. He's not coming here to get it. You need to deliver that shit. Call him. Text him. Go see him. Let him know that this will pass.

Please.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!