Author Topic: Long time stalker, first time poster  (Read 17903 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Long time stalker, first time poster
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »
Quote from: KennyZ
Day 83: Last night my wife and I were talking while she was calculating our monthly budget. She mentions that our gas/auto expenses for the past two months have dropped ~$150/month. I said, while gas prices have dropped I haven't needed "gas" every-other-day. Then it clicked with her. I think she was surprised at how much I was spending on the crap.

Thinking about this made me realize how fucked up the addiction messes with your thought process. I know that I balked at paying a higher life insurance premium for tobacco users and delayed in purchasing the additional insurance. I believe it was $100 more per month.

Now I was happily stuffing $150 per month in my mouth and increasing my chances of dying sooner (and needing the life insurance for my wife and kid) but thought paying $100 more per month to protect my family was too much! Fuck.

I will keep this quit. I will make sure my family is protected. Any money left over will be spent on beer.
Quit on brother! Damn proud to be quit with you! Its amazing how the nic bitch can totally control our mind! I'm proud to say I can look at someone dipping and my mouth don't water but I look in disguss and think how damn nasty!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline KennyZ

• February 2015
  • Master of Quit
  • February 2015
  • Quit Date: 11/11/2014
  • Likes Given: 308
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 12:48:00 PM »
Day 83: Last night my wife and I were talking while she was calculating our monthly budget. She mentions that our gas/auto expenses for the past two months have dropped ~$150/month. I said, while gas prices have dropped I haven't needed "gas" every-other-day. Then it clicked with her. I think she was surprised at how much I was spending on the crap.

Thinking about this made me realize how fucked up the addiction messes with your thought process. I know that I balked at paying a higher life insurance premium for tobacco users and delayed in purchasing the additional insurance. I believe it was $100 more per month.

Now I was happily stuffing $150 per month in my mouth and increasing my chances of dying sooner (and needing the life insurance for my wife and kid) but thought paying $100 more per month to protect my family was too much! Fuck.

I will keep this quit. I will make sure my family is protected. Any money left over will be spent on beer.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 10:12:00 PM »
Quote from: KennyZ
Quote from: Dagranger
Kenny at day 77 you don't need the usual help we give to new guys here. You've made it through the toughest days of quitting. But if I could give you a different piece of advice. Help out as many new quitters who come to this site as you can. Not only can it be a huge help for struggling quitters, but helping others will add to your own accountability.
Roger that! I'll do my best.
I'll second that sound advice my friend Dagranger gave you. There's a lot many of us can learn from a person like yourself. 6 years quit is a long time. In these parts thats a 2,190 day legend and what your story tells us, is that no matter your number, we're all one day and one huge-ass mistake away from day 1. No matter how long one has been quit, we all need to guard it with our lives, because as addicts, this truly is a battle between life and death.

I'm glad you're here buddy and I hope to see you here for a long time.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline KennyZ

• February 2015
  • Master of Quit
  • February 2015
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 09:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Kenny at day 77 you don't need the usual help we give to new guys here. You've made it through the toughest days of quitting. But if I could give you a different piece of advice. Help out as many new quitters who come to this site as you can. Not only can it be a huge help for struggling quitters, but helping others will add to your own accountability.
Roger that! I'll do my best.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 08:50:00 PM »

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 08:31:00 PM »
There is no such thing as "just one". NAFAR: never again for any reason. ODAAT: one day at a time.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
This shit is all about you bud! If you want this bad enough and post roll every damn day and listen to these guys read all you can and get some digits for help you will have a new less on life ! Enjoy the quit! One day at a time I quit with you my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »
Let me tell you the greatest component to your success...

Get involved and stay involved.

If you put the effort into your quit that you put in to feeding your addiction... You got this. Welcome to freedom dude.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 07:49:00 PM »
Awesome,
Yep.... Your an addict. Welcome aboard and thanks for the intro. Thanks for intro into FFF also.
We have some great guys in our group and there are some stud male /female quiters here on this side of KTC also.
This is your intro page for you.. Like a journal so you can go back and remember your climb. Looking forward to ODAAT, Quit with you today.
Rawls
I believe.....

Offline KennyZ

• February 2015
  • Master of Quit
  • February 2015
Long time stalker, first time poster
« on: January 27, 2015, 01:04:00 PM »
IÂ’m at day 77! While I try to be proud of the count, IÂ’m reminded of why my number is only 77. About 10 years ago I was roughly at the 6 year mark, nicotine free. Yes, 6 fÂ’n years without failing! I started bumming a dip from friends while golfing and chewing on a cigar at parties. I let my guard down and my addiction started working on my behaviors.

I convinced myself that I could buy a tin and leave it around, just take a dip once-in-awhile when the feeling struck. Then instead of having a new tin once a month it grew into a tin-a-day addiction. I was horribly embarrassed that I caved. My wife was pissed and I let myself down.

As most of you have posted, IÂ’ve tried quitting many times. I would make it through the suck and speed on down the road only to stop at the gas station to start the cycle again.

But this time it is different. Why? IÂ’ve got this site and bunch of people that will assist me in keeping my daily promise. I now have a group that will keep bringing the addiction mind games to the forefront for me to see. For that I am thankful and proud.

So, will I make it past the 6 year mark again? I donÂ’t know. All I can promise is that today I will not cave.