Author Topic: Tired  (Read 8056 times)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
Re: Tired
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2021, 07:28:15 AM »
I am so sick of chew. The money, the cancer, the 'do i have enough until morning?'. Hiding it from my family because I am ashamed, mouth all chewed to hell and yellow teeth. I really just want to be done with it. I am not 100% sure where to even start, i almost feel sick just talking about it.

My name is Harold.
I been dipping for at least 37 years, maybe longer.

Closing in on a couple weeks. I don't really know how to describe it, but definitely not felt like myself. I am so irritable and it's very difficult to focus for long periods. My 'method' seems to be to be triggered (by everything), let the impulse happen and then quickly move on from it. Repeat. I've noticed that I'll go an hour or so and never think about a dip, that's a nice feeling.

Been around 75 days or so and I am shocked at the power of this addiction. I always considered chew as a nasty habit, 30 days and its broke. I was so wrong, honestly, it's no easier now than day 1, maybe this is just the way it is from now on. I have days where I think about dip 20 or 30 times. Some days are better and I only think about it 5 or 10 times but it's always right there. It starts to wear me down sometimes and I think that I should just say fuck this and go get a dip. Odds are I will never get mouth cancer from it. So far I am winning these battles in my mind but I need some tools to fight. I wish the powers of this site would consider combining groups together, groups of 4 or 5 people don't make sense, put several groups together and lets have 25 people in there battling together. STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!!
461 days in and I'm right there with you. Some days are rough. As far as groups go, your month is really small and that does suck, but we're all one group of quitters. Post everywhere and get phone numbers and connect outside the forms if you can. I'm proud to quit with you from August '20
@Harold I'm at 523, and I know what you mean. I still think about dip every now and then. It does get better, though. Just stay the course, my friend. And like Zombo said, jump around and support other groups. Ask for digits with those who support your group. Hell, I'll start. Check your PM.
Best ingonre that PM ^^^^ this dude sends , the perfect amount of butthole pictures to make you a little uncomfortable. Hold on tight buddy i battled hard in the 70s funk, which for me hit from days 80-95, ive seen alot of people cave days before their HOF. Our minds tell us crazy amounts of lies not just about dipping. once you square away that lie that is nicotine and the death soil that it is you can go about your 24 hour day free. im feeling really good in my 200s, i stopped fake after my HOF, which if i had to do it over again i would not. It has been crazy hard not feeding that fixation part. but i do feel better. As for cancer we all say the Odds are it wont be us until it is. My uncle stacked those same odds and now is fighting for his life EDD. KTC is one big quit group and we all struggle, After your HOF you can remove the support line and will be all one big roll if thats what your group decideds. I quit with you Harold, you been a pillar in your group and have been kicking ass. you be surprised how many actually look up to you without you even knowing it. I quit with you my Friend!
~nick-217 days LTBE~
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2021, 06:18:24 AM »
I am so sick of chew. The money, the cancer, the 'do i have enough until morning?'. Hiding it from my family because I am ashamed, mouth all chewed to hell and yellow teeth. I really just want to be done with it. I am not 100% sure where to even start, i almost feel sick just talking about it.

My name is Harold.

Closing in on a couple weeks. I don't really know how to describe it, but definitely not felt like myself. I am so irritable and it's very difficult to focus for long periods. My 'method' seems to be to be triggered (by everything), let the impulse happen and then quickly move on from it. Repeat. I've noticed that I'll go an hour or so and never think about a dip, that's a nice feeling.

Been around 75 days or so and I am shocked at the power of this addiction. I always considered chew as a nasty habit, 30 days and its broke. I was so wrong, honestly, it's no easier now than day 1, maybe this is just the way it is from now on. I have days where I think about dip 20 or 30 times. Some days are better and I only think about it 5 or 10 times but it's always right there. It starts to wear me down sometimes and I think that I should just say fuck this and go get a dip. Odds are I will never get mouth cancer from it. So far I am winning these battles in my mind but I need some tools to fight. I wish the powers of this site would consider combining groups together, groups of 4 or 5 people don't make sense, put several groups together and lets have 25 people in there battling together. STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!!
461 days in and I'm right there with you. Some days are rough. As far as groups go, your month is really small and that does suck, but we're all one group of quitters. Post everywhere and get phone numbers and connect outside the forms if you can. I'm proud to quit with you from August '20
@Harold I'm at 523, and I know what you mean. I still think about dip every now and then. It does get better, though. Just stay the course, my friend. And like Zombo said, jump around and support other groups. Ask for digits with those who support your group. Hell, I'll start. Check your PM.
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Zombo Funk

• LVL 1
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
    • HOF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 29, 2020
  • Likes Given: 345
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2021, 11:41:00 PM »

My name is Harold.

Offline Harold

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2021, 11:35:54 PM »

My name is Harold.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2021, 12:48:09 AM »

My name is Harold.

Been a month now and things are up and down. In some ways, it's easier than I thought to just quit, but I had no idea how hard staying quit was going to be. I must be honest, this site has been a huge disappointment. My group is 5 or 6 guys, they do not engage at all, they post late in the evenings and offer no support what-so-ever. I have reached out to them individually and have gotten no response. A couple guys have pm'd me but only a couple and only one time. Hopefully things will turn around with my group.

I hit a really low, dark period around day 150ish. Was ready to quit this site & delete all the numbers I got from other quitters (we're not real active either).

I got some tough talking to (my intro thread) and I guess that's what it took to power through the rough patch, I'm not saying I'm on cruise control but it's a hell of a lot easier.

Stay focused and power through. I quit with you today.
Maybe latch on to an active group. Don't stop posting in your group, but any active group would welcome another member of any month to post along with them.  Add support and see what the older group is going through so you'll be ready for it when you get there. Just my .02

I agree with Natro.  My group is awesome but I post in other groups too.  Build your own quit chain and keep that chain solid.  Keep an eye out for quit meets in your area.  Nothing gave me a bigger boost than meeting other quitters in person.

Offline Natro

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: October 20, 2014
  • Interests: Quitting, cooking, reading, travelling, meeting other quitters.
  • Likes Given: 72
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2021, 04:14:24 PM »

My name is Harold.

Been a month now and things are up and down. In some ways, it's easier than I thought to just quit, but I had no idea how hard staying quit was going to be. I must be honest, this site has been a huge disappointment. My group is 5 or 6 guys, they do not engage at all, they post late in the evenings and offer no support what-so-ever. I have reached out to them individually and have gotten no response. A couple guys have pm'd me but only a couple and only one time. Hopefully things will turn around with my group.

I hit a really low, dark period around day 150ish. Was ready to quit this site & delete all the numbers I got from other quitters (we're not real active either).

I got some tough talking to (my intro thread) and I guess that's what it took to power through the rough patch, I'm not saying I'm on cruise control but it's a hell of a lot easier.

Maybe latch on to an active group. Don't stop posting in your group, but any active group would welcome another member of any month to post along with them.  Add support and see what the older group is going through so you'll be ready for it when you get there. Just my .02
Proud January 2015 "Shell"er
He who controls the spice controls the universe.

Offline Hill_Monkey

• Uncultured swine
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: October 11th, 2020
  • Interests: Guns, shooting, hunting
  • Likes Given: 110
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2021, 01:38:39 PM »

My name is Harold.

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2021, 12:04:21 PM »

My name is Harold.

Keep plugging along and do what you have to so you stay quit. You have a site full of quitters looking to offer and receive accountability.  Use them.
Your quit is your own and your kicking ass!  It sucks that your group won't engage but as Keith said, that support here is endless.  PM me for digits.
Maybe they will come around, Maybe the wont. Alot of people get stuck in their head that 100 days on this site and they are cured. they post and ghost and suck the system dry. Roll out after their HOF. Where you, Me, and these bad Ass quitters above me differ is, we will never post a day 1 again. We have freed ourselves and use the other people on this site to help us over the wall when we need it. you will be at day 500 and sadly watch as your group mates make their way back to "try" again. I agreed its easy and hard. Easy to post roll and stay the cource hard to get that itch out of your jaw. Hard to quit the old thoughts of just 1 dip . im at day 177 and the last week i feel like im craving a dip more than i did at day 1 of my quit. I just have the Quit wall of china loaded in my phone so it keeps me balanced as i fight and claw my way away from the cancerous can. I quit with you today friend.
nick ~LTBE- Let Today Be Enough~
I shot you a PM @Harold  I have some of the same feelings about the site, but we cant control what others do, only what we do. I figure we can try to give others what we wish we had at the beginning, and go from there. Also, like I said in PM, there are some absolute badasses on this site. A few reached out to me in the beginning, and I'd be willing to bet you heard from some as well.

I made a whiney post in the help section about the site yesterday, but I feel like the quit groups  sometimes take away from the sense of community, not add to it. It doesn't matter to me if we quit the same month or not, we are all on the same journey.
Take advantage of all the people who have reached out to you? I know I sent my digits via PM and have never heard back. Sometimes you have to do some work, other times just respond to the people who have made the effort. Doesn't have to be me, reach out via PM to anyone you feel can/could help support you and your quit. Start with the people posting support in your group EDD. Stay strong stay quit. You will never regret quitting, you will always regret caving.
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Addictx3

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3-15-21
  • Interests: Interests: Rock Climbing, Skiing, Hiking, Biking, Running, Woodworking, Gardening
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2021, 11:31:02 AM »

My name is Harold.

Keep plugging along and do what you have to so you stay quit. You have a site full of quitters looking to offer and receive accountability.  Use them.
Your quit is your own and your kicking ass!  It sucks that your group won't engage but as Keith said, that support here is endless.  PM me for digits.
Maybe they will come around, Maybe the wont. Alot of people get stuck in their head that 100 days on this site and they are cured. they post and ghost and suck the system dry. Roll out after their HOF. Where you, Me, and these bad Ass quitters above me differ is, we will never post a day 1 again. We have freed ourselves and use the other people on this site to help us over the wall when we need it. you will be at day 500 and sadly watch as your group mates make their way back to "try" again. I agreed its easy and hard. Easy to post roll and stay the cource hard to get that itch out of your jaw. Hard to quit the old thoughts of just 1 dip . im at day 177 and the last week i feel like im craving a dip more than i did at day 1 of my quit. I just have the Quit wall of china loaded in my phone so it keeps me balanced as i fight and claw my way away from the cancerous can. I quit with you today friend.
I shot you a PM @Harold  I have some of the same feelings about the site, but we cant control what others do, only what we do. I figure we can try to give others what we wish we had at the beginning, and go from there. Also, like I said in PM, there are some absolute badasses on this site. A few reached out to me in the beginning, and I'd be willing to bet you heard from some as well.

I made a whiney post in the help section about the site yesterday, but I feel like the quit groups  sometimes take away from the sense of community, not add to it. It doesn't matter to me if we quit the same month or not, we are all on the same journey.

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2021, 06:58:22 AM »

My name is Harold.

I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2021, 02:34:55 AM »

My name is Harold.

"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2015
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2021, 01:10:30 AM »

My name is Harold.

Jan19

Offline Harold

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2021, 11:51:42 PM »

My name is Harold.

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2021, 10:39:19 PM »

My name is Harold.

it gets better. It took me until the 150s to really get into cruise control. Even through the early 100s I was having bouts irritability.  Take things ODAAT and now that their is the light of the end of the tunnel.
Keep doing what your doing Harold! your body is rewiring so the more you fight it the more it will realize nicotine is not your life any more. Be sure to sling your rage here or on your group page if you need to. we have all been there pissed off and feeling like were backed into a corner. the more you Stack the wins the more you forget about how bad the suck is. The Fog kicked my ass, and as mac just said still kicks my Ass from time to time but they are fewer and far inbetween. Keep on roll get digits you can hold others accountable and we can do the same back at you. Brotherhood + Accountability= Success.
^^^What he said!^^^
Harold, you are crushing it, keep it up! 

All I can say is take it one day at a time.  ODAAT.  It is the mindset that will get you through the tough days and will keep you honest on those easier days when you think, meh, you've kicked this thing.  I've been an addict for as long as you.  Hard to imagine yourself as someone who doesn't use tobacco, right?  You'll get there.  Trust me.  Trust us.  Trust the KTC formula.

In the meantime, read everything you can about this addiction and the addiction process - this site has so many great resources.  Look up Wildirish' introduction, he has archived amazing things.

If you need further accountability, pm me.
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2021, 02:21:14 PM »

My name is Harold.

it gets better. It took me until the 150s to really get into cruise control. Even through the early 100s I was having bouts irritability.  Take things ODAAT and now that their is the light of the end of the tunnel.
Keep doing what your doing Harold! your body is rewiring so the more you fight it the more it will realize nicotine is not your life any more. Be sure to sling your rage here or on your group page if you need to. we have all been there pissed off and feeling like were backed into a corner. the more you Stack the wins the more you forget about how bad the suck is. The Fog kicked my ass, and as mac just said still kicks my Ass from time to time but they are fewer and far inbetween. Keep on roll get digits you can hold others accountable and we can do the same back at you. Brotherhood + Accountability= Success.
^^^What he said!^^^
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here