Author Topic: Any advice?  (Read 5110 times)

Offline Zombo Funk

• LVL 1
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
    • HOF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 29, 2020
  • Likes Given: 345
Re: Any advice?
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 03:43:01 PM »
@Cory63 don't talk about it, be about it. Are you telling me that these strangers on the internet want you to quit more than YOU want you to quit!

Jump on in, the water is nice.

Love,

Zombo Funk - 177 days of nicotine freedom, 78 days of alcohol freedom.

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 03:04:37 PM »
Getting ready to quit for the 584937th time. Any advice?
Welcome @Cory63 and with KTCs help lets make it the last time. First and foremost you should start posting your promise that you would not use nicotine. Its daily and we have a name for it and its called WUPP. Wake Up, Post and Piss so this way when your bladder is screaming to be emptied it will remind you to post up first. You will be in the January 2021 group and here is the link https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16725.0 Head on over tonight or start up first thing in the morning but its very important that you start. Read the instructions on the page, look at some other posts to see how its done and don't worry if you screw up we can fix it and point you in the right direction. Get rid of all traces of nicotine, flood yourself with water, read the forum and website for info. Its all about accountability here and we are here to help each other. Reach out to your fellow quitters in January and share digits but only thru the pms or my messages tab. Get ready for more people to chime in and help you out and except it all as its more then worth it. You got this brother and if you need anything I am just a pm away for digits to help. Glad your here my friend now stay strong, stay QUIT and God bless.

Hey @Cory63 I wish you the best of luck. Franks gave some great ideas. I too failed on multiple attempts. The one thing that was different for me this time is I finally had it settled in my head I wasn't going to chew anymore. My past attempts were weak and I found a reason to start chewing again but this time I didn't give in to temptation. When I thought I needed one I went for walks, did push ups, if at work I chewed/sucked in gum to get me through the moment. It's totally a head game once you get past 2 weeks.

Best if luck and I hope you stay quit this time. If you have any questions shoot me a PM and I will do the best I can to help.

Stay Strong!

CTF
I’m gonna come across a little hardcore here so... fair warning.

First, let’s attack a few mindset related issues. We don’t wish people “luck”, here. We don’t “hope” this “attempt” sticks. That’s a failure before it even starts. I realize the intention is in the right place but the mindset is WRONG! Your multiple stoppages (Not quits. Quit implies just that... quit) and your “any advice?” question speak to someone who wants a quick way out. An easy solution.
Sorry.
That’s not how it works. Freedom... real freedom from your addiction... comes at a price and that price is the work it takes to get there. Trying and hoping are useless words on this site. You need to WORK to MAKE it a quit. No leaving it to the chance of “hope” and “luck”. Make it happen.

Second... the only advice that matters is to get in here. Get involved. Stay involved. I see you were on today to check this out. You want to quit?

Make it happen.
Stop trying.
Don’t hope it works this time.
Make it happen.

Own it.

It works. Ask me how I know.

AJ... 2,746 days of making it happen.

Thanks @AppleJack you just articulate why I should just post my daily.
@Cory63  I see you posted the same thing on KTC facebook post yesterday. You have been provided advice but I did not see your name on roll today. Come on lets make this the “last time you will ever have to attempt as they say” to quit and JUST QUIT. Don’t let yourself be a slave any longer. We are here to help and its been proven that this method works. Don’t be a failure be a winner and post up daily, get involved and be a quitter. We don’t want excuses because we have all used them and its time to suck it up and quit. Lets go and git r done.

Offline CTF

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 02:23:03 PM »
Welcome @Cory63 and with KTCs help lets make it the last time. First and foremost you should start posting your promise that you would not use nicotine. Its daily and we have a name for it and its called WUPP. Wake Up, Post and Piss so this way when your bladder is screaming to be emptied it will remind you to post up first. You will be in the January 2021 group and here is the link https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16725.0 Head on over tonight or start up first thing in the morning but its very important that you start. Read the instructions on the page, look at some other posts to see how its done and don't worry if you screw up we can fix it and point you in the right direction. Get rid of all traces of nicotine, flood yourself with water, read the forum and website for info. Its all about accountability here and we are here to help each other. Reach out to your fellow quitters in January and share digits but only thru the pms or my messages tab. Get ready for more people to chime in and help you out and except it all as its more then worth it. You got this brother and if you need anything I am just a pm away for digits to help. Glad your here my friend now stay strong, stay QUIT and God bless.

Hey @Cory63 I wish you the best of luck. Franks gave some great ideas. I too failed on multiple attempts. The one thing that was different for me this time is I finally had it settled in my head I wasn't going to chew anymore. My past attempts were weak and I found a reason to start chewing again but this time I didn't give in to temptation. When I thought I needed one I went for walks, did push ups, if at work I chewed/sucked in gum to get me through the moment. It's totally a head game once you get past 2 weeks.

Best if luck and I hope you stay quit this time. If you have any questions shoot me a PM and I will do the best I can to help.

Stay Strong!

CTF

First, let’s attack a few mindset related issues. We don’t wish people “luck”, here. We don’t “hope” this “attempt” sticks. That’s a failure before it even starts. I realize the intention is in the right place but the mindset is WRONG! Your multiple stoppages (Not quits. Quit implies just that... quit) and your “any advice?” question speak to someone who wants a quick way out. An easy solution.
Sorry.
That’s not how it works. Freedom... real freedom from your addiction... comes at a price and that price is the work it takes to get there. Trying and hoping are useless words on this site. You need to WORK to MAKE it a quit. No leaving it to the chance of “hope” and “luck”. Make it happen.

Second... the only advice that matters is to get in here. Get involved. Stay involved. I see you were on today to check this out. You want to quit?

Make it happen.
Stop trying.
Make it happen.

Own it.

Thanks @AppleJack you just articulate why I should just post my daily.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 12:12:03 PM »

Stay Strong!

CTF

Sorry.

Make it happen.
Stop trying.
Make it happen.

Own it.

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline CTF

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 01:58:39 AM »

Stay Strong!

CTF

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 06:38:51 PM »

Offline Cory63

• Likes Given: 0
Any advice?
« on: October 21, 2020, 04:58:27 PM »