Author Topic: Done with this shit  (Read 1060 times)

Offline jm14

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Done with this shit
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 04:44:00 PM »
Quote from: CoachDoc
Quote from: jm14
I've had been chewing for almost 9 years. I started chewing back in high school, my older brother chewed, it was a hockey thing, and it was cool because I was the one who could buy w/out ID. Chewed on and off from about 16-18 and then went full bore 2-4 tins a week. Toss one in after practice or a workout, for the bus ride for a tourney or long ride so on and so forth. Then when my career ended I carried the habit with me to university. Perfect way to pass the 3 hr drive, gave me something to do when I was studying, or bored watching tv or just to relieve the stress.

I recently had an experience that has made me think about alot of things differently, and this nasty habit is one of them. I'm done with it. I had my last chew Sat night after a fight with my quite possibly soon to be ex gf, I dumped the rest down the toilet and I am done.
If you are chosing to quit for you, then EXCELLENT CHOICE! If you are chosing to quit in order to try to salvage a relationship, wake up.

First and foremost, you have to make this quit about YOU!

It can't be about a "her", or an "us" or "them" or anything EXCEPT YOU.

This will be a hard journey but one well worth the strain and pain that you will face. You will have plenty of support in here whenever you need it, as long as you are willing to receive it and live by the code of conduct we chose to live by.

Read as much on this site as you can. Get to know your fellow June brothers...and some of the veteran quitters, as well.

Welcome to the beginning of a great part of your life.
Me choosing to quit is about me needing to make positive changes in my life, definitely not about trying to salvage a relationship. I tried that once before and you just end up resenting the other person.

I've have been reading around the site for over a week now and felt like now was a good time to make the commitment and get involved. The only thing im not sure about is how exactly to get in touch with my fellow June quitters.
So head on over to The Welcome Center and learn how to post roll

Then head on over to your new quit group PreHOF June'12 and introduce yourself and post roll. Don't fuck with the system...it works
Done and thanks!!
I'm in the quitting business, and business is good

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 03:57:00 PM »
I've had been chewing for almost 9 years. I started chewing back in high school, my older brother chewed, it was a hockey thing, and it was cool because I was the one who could buy w/out ID. Chewed on and off from about 16-18 and then went full bore 2-4 tins a week. Toss one in after practice or a workout, for the bus ride for a tourney or long ride so on and so forth. Then when my career ended I carried the habit with me to university. Perfect way to pass the 3 hr drive, gave me something to do when I was studying, or bored watching tv or just to relieve the stress.

I recently had an experience that has made me think about alot of things differently, and this nasty habit is one of them. I'm done with it. I had my last chew Sat night after a fight with my quite possibly soon to be ex gf, I dumped the rest down the toilet and I am done.
If you are chosing to quit for you, then EXCELLENT CHOICE! If you are chosing to quit in order to try to salvage a relationship, wake up.

This will be a hard journey but one well worth the strain and pain that you will face. You will have plenty of support in here whenever you need it, as long as you are willing to receive it and live by the code of conduct we chose to live by.

Read as much on this site as you can. Get to know your fellow June brothers...and some of the veteran quitters, as well.

Me choosing to quit is about me needing to make positive changes in my life, definitely not about trying to salvage a relationship. I tried that once before and you just end up resenting the other person.

I've have been reading around the site for over a week now and felt like now was a good time to make the commitment and get involved. The only thing im not sure about is how exactly to get in touch with my fellow June quitters.

So head on over to The Welcome Center and learn how to post roll

Then head on over to your new quit group PreHOF June'12 and introduce yourself and post roll. Don't fuck with the system...it works
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline jm14

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 03:17:00 PM »

Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline jm14

• Quitter
Done with this shit
« on: February 28, 2012, 03:00:00 PM »