Author Topic: First day  (Read 1085 times)

Offline J2thaZ

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-01
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: First day
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 12:03:00 AM »
Quote from: bigton16335
Welcome,

You have made a great choice in saving your own life. Read everything you can and study it. Commit it to memory. Learn to hate the beast that has had it claws in you for so long. Remember that once you start the fight it is never truly over. That is why it is important that you get into the September group and post roll with us. Posting roll is your promise to yourself and to all of your brothers and sisters at KTC that you will in no way shape or form use nicotine that day. We are all in the same boat as you or have been in the same Funk as you so lean on us. We will help you get through all this. If you need anything reach out to us. Pm me or anyone else for that matter. Make sure you start to make connections and get phone numbers from people on here to start to build a chain of accountability. Most importantly remember on simple equation....... 1 problem+ Nicotine= 2 problems. The nic will never make a problem better or offer you a solution to one of lifes really crappy moments. Quit on my friend.. One day at a time Every Damn Day!!
This ^^^^. PM if you need some more numbers and make sure you're getting yourself on roll. That's task #1 when you wake up in the mornings. Any questions, let us know, the Sultans (Pre-HOF Sept 2014) are waiting.

J2thaZ
Desire. Dedication. Discipline.

"You determine if you are going to make it, not your excuses." - flashman

"those who are truly my brothers know that I will never betray them." - LOOT

"ain't no way I'm going to lie to my Sultans....I'd rather die" - CavMan83

Offline bigton16335

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-07
  • Interests: I love hunting and being outdoors. I read a lot of books. I enjoy bon fires and cookouts with friends. I like to cook. I enjoy lifting weights once in a while with friends. I am married but have no kids.
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 11:57:00 AM »
Welcome,

You have made a great choice in saving your own life. Read everything you can and study it. Commit it to memory. Learn to hate the beast that has had it claws in you for so long. Remember that once you start the fight it is never truly over. That is why it is important that you get into the September group and post roll with us. Posting roll is your promise to yourself and to all of your brothers and sisters at KTC that you will in no way shape or form use nicotine that day. We are all in the same boat as you or have been in the same Funk as you so lean on us. We will help you get through all this. If you need anything reach out to us. Pm me or anyone else for that matter. Make sure you start to make connections and get phone numbers from people on here to start to build a chain of accountability. Most importantly remember on simple equation....... 1 problem+ Nicotine= 2 problems. The nic will never make a problem better or offer you a solution to one of lifes really crappy moments. Quit on my friend.. One day at a time Every Damn Day!!
"Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town." - George Carlin

"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"To trust yourself to test your limits. That is the courage to succeed."~ Bernard Edmonds

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." ~ Bill Cosby

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles one has overcome trying to succeed." ~ Booker T. Washington

"No horse gets anywhere until he is harnessed. No stream or gas ever drives anything until it is confined. No Niagara ever turned light and power until it is tunneled. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined." ~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Offline Emulator

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Ya gonna post roll Guitarman? I'd love to have your back, but you got to promise us you aren't going to use nicotine today.
You can do this ....we will help.
ODAAT NAFAR QFL

D-Day 1/1/14
HOF 4/10/2014
2nd Floor July 19, 2014
3rd Floor October 27, 2014

My HoF Speech: http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10229741/1/#new
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000243565739

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »
Ya gonna post roll Guitarman? I'd love to have your back, but you got to promise us you aren't going to use nicotine today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 06:33:00 AM »
Quote from: guitarman31
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site, but am enjoying it so far. I have been dipping since I was 16 so for 8 years I guess. Grizzly wintergreen long cut was my chew of choice and about a year ago I switched to grizzly pouches. I decided it was time for me to quit because I am tired of spending money on something that controls almost every aspect of my life. My last pinch was yesterday (06/18/14) at 3 pm and I'm not looking back! Looking forward to meeting everyone and finally kicking this habit.
Welcome guitarman! On the lower left there's an index of contents. Scroll through and check out the Welcome Center to learn how and why we post roll every day. In fact, read all you can... this place is a wealth of quitty information. Your group is the September '14 badasses. These are the folks who will be by your side through hof (100 days quit) and beyond. If you don't look back how will you know how far you've been? This place works if you let it and like most things, you'll get out as much as you put in. Thanks for showing up but it's time to make your promise!

Offline guitarman31

• Quit Date: 2014-06-18
First day
« on: June 19, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site, but am enjoying it so far. I have been dipping since I was 16 so for 8 years I guess. Grizzly wintergreen long cut was my chew of choice and about a year ago I switched to grizzly pouches. I decided it was time for me to quit because I am tired of spending money on something that controls almost every aspect of my life. My last pinch was yesterday (06/18/14) at 3 pm and I'm not looking back! Looking forward to meeting everyone and finally kicking this habit.