Author Topic: I quit today  (Read 2882 times)

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I quit today
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2016, 05:49:00 PM »
4Me, Congrats on your quit and your journey so far. Embrace the suck, as I'm sure most have said, DO NOT TAKE it out on ANYONE, except us, we can handle it........
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2016, 12:42:00 PM »
Quote from: 4memyselfandI
Last night I had another positive experience I'd like to share regarding my quit. Basically, my rig was on Empty and needed to get some gas. Now normally what getting gas included for years was fill up the tank and buy a new can of dip. Just so happened that the gas station closest near where I was, was the one I normally visited to buy my dip. I hadn't needed to get gas for a couple weeks, so this really was my first time since I've quit to have to go get gas. anyways, as I stood at the pump, I looked inside the station at the cashier and behind her was the row of dip and cigs and shit that I've come to know so well over the years. But I didn't go in, I didn't heed the nicotine call, I stayed strong and just pumped my damn gas and got out of there. this morning reflecting on last night, I noticed that part of being addicted has to do with the routine of getting the nicotine. The routine of going out and buying the dip, talking to the cashier, cracking the seal on a new can, etc. Anyways, that was a big deal for me last night, I'm proud I didn't cave, and I'm very thankful for the support on this site that's help me greatly in these situations and has ultimately helped me end this addiction one day at a time. I quit with you all today!
Good stuff, bro!

Every little win is just another little piece of that bigger victory... freedom.

Rock on...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline 4memyselfandI

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-01-20
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2016, 12:10:00 PM »
Last night I had another positive experience I'd like to share regarding my quit. Basically, my rig was on Empty and needed to get some gas. Now normally what getting gas included for years was fill up the tank and buy a new can of dip. Just so happened that the gas station closest near where I was, was the one I normally visited to buy my dip. I hadn't needed to get gas for a couple weeks, so this really was my first time since I've quit to have to go get gas. anyways, as I stood at the pump, I looked inside the station at the cashier and behind her was the row of dip and cigs and shit that I've come to know so well over the years. But I didn't go in, I didn't heed the nicotine call, I stayed strong and just pumped my damn gas and got out of there. this morning reflecting on last night, I noticed that part of being addicted has to do with the routine of getting the nicotine. The routine of going out and buying the dip, talking to the cashier, cracking the seal on a new can, etc. Anyways, that was a big deal for me last night, I'm proud I didn't cave, and I'm very thankful for the support on this site that's help me greatly in these situations and has ultimately helped me end this addiction one day at a time. I quit with you all today!

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2016, 09:56:00 PM »
...and congratulations on hitting double digits (10) today!

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2016, 09:13:00 PM »
Day 6 today. What's sinking in is the fact that I'm getting out of the suck period, and moving into the next phase of the quit. I'm at that point now where it's like, well I've conquered it, now I can just have one, or I'm feeling good, not addicted anymore, hey I can have just one. I mean that's the crave it's like a mental deal, where I feel good and happy and now I want a dip? fucking makes no sense, but I guess that's my mind playing tricks on me, so I understand it, and it's going to be a battle today, however, I'm not going to give in and cave. I've made it this far, and I will continue to make it further, with no nicotine. Nicotine is an ugly, bitter, skank, bitch who doesn't want anything from me, but my money and my life. I say no today and will continue to say no!
Well said brother. The physical suck is done, and now the mental re-wiring begins. I quit with you today.

Offline 4memyselfandI

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2016, 11:21:00 AM »
Day 6 today. What's sinking in is the fact that I'm getting out of the suck period, and moving into the next phase of the quit. I'm at that point now where it's like, well I've conquered it, now I can just have one, or I'm feeling good, not addicted anymore, hey I can have just one. I mean that's the crave it's like a mental deal, where I feel good and happy and now I want a dip? fucking makes no sense, but I guess that's my mind playing tricks on me, so I understand it, and it's going to be a battle today, however, I'm not going to give in and cave. I've made it this far, and I will continue to make it further, with no nicotine. Nicotine is an ugly, bitter, skank, bitch who doesn't want anything from me, but my money and my life. I say no today and will continue to say no!

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2016, 10:57:00 PM »
Way to go on Day 5. Good job posting roll. Never miss a day of roll and your quit will stay strong.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2016, 05:44:00 PM »
What a wild ride yesterday was. the quit sure made me crabby, not a nice person to be around I'll tell ya...spent most of the day just staying strong and licking my wounds, that said no nicotine entered my body, and today will be the same thing. I am totally 100% committed, I feel so much better physically, and mentally feel a bit more in control today than yesterday. I quit with all of you today!!!!
Welcome to the site 4 me. You are doing great. 100% commitment is just what it takes. Slam that door shut. Post roll early every morning. Take nicotine completely off the table. It is not an option. Do sometimes else. I packed coffee grounds and smokey mountain for weeks. Thought I was going to loss my mind. But I didn't. Clarity of thought will return. Things will get better. You can do this bro. We have your back. I quit with you today. If you need a number, mine is there for the asking.

If you have no found chat yet, do it. Get in there. Saved my life for the few months.

IG2H

Offline 4memyselfandI

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2016, 12:28:00 PM »
What a wild ride yesterday was. the quit sure made me crabby, not a nice person to be around I'll tell ya...spent most of the day just staying strong and licking my wounds, that said no nicotine entered my body, and today will be the same thing. I am totally 100% committed, I feel so much better physically, and mentally feel a bit more in control today than yesterday. I quit with all of you today!!!!

Offline Cope30

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-16
  • Interests: Hunting and Fishing!http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2016, 09:20:00 PM »
Welcome to the brotherhood! It is going to be a long crazy ride but all of us in the BROTHERHOOD are behind you 100%.
Make that promise to not pick that can up ever again, you will want to, but don't give in to the Nic Bitch. She will whisper sweet nothings in your ear to get you to re-commit to her, I now she is sexy to look, she is a 10 right now, but like the saying goes, I went to bed at 2 with a 10 and woke up at 10 with a 2. That's what she will look like after some time a 2, then she will just disgust you to look at her. Hang in there we are all here for you! 'bang head'
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

HOF 11/24/15 Zombroski Nymphos
1st Floor 11-24-15
2nd Floor 3-3-16
3rd Floor 6-11-16
4th Floor 9-19-16
5th Floor 12-27-16
6th Floor 4-7-17

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/

http://www.panicend.com/de.html

Offline Mitch Betz

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-19
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2016, 01:02:00 PM »
Quote from: JB65
Day 4 and I feel better. woke up and my joints didn't ache as much, plus the ringing in my ears is less loud. I didn't have that instant thought of where's my dip or a crave to dip. I know the quit is working for me and I'm very happy to re-affirm and let everyone know I'm not turning nicotine today, tomorrow, or ever. I AM DONE WITH IT! I AM DONE!
Good stuff! Small victories my man, small victories are the path to success.

Stick to one day at a time. Worry about today, then tomorrow concentrate on it. Proud to be quit with you today
Doing great bud But like he said one day at a time is the best way in doing thinks, and Day 4 making really good process congrats and Stay Quit
Quit Date:
11/03/2015

Floor
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2016, 12:35:00 PM »
Day 4 and I feel better. woke up and my joints didn't ache as much, plus the ringing in my ears is less loud. I didn't have that instant thought of where's my dip or a crave to dip. I know the quit is working for me and I'm very happy to re-affirm and let everyone know I'm not turning nicotine today, tomorrow, or ever. I AM DONE WITH IT! I AM DONE!
Good stuff! Small victories my man, small victories are the path to success.

Stick to one day at a time. Worry about today, then tomorrow concentrate on it. Proud to be quit with you today

Offline 4memyselfandI

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 12:15:00 PM »

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 09:23:00 PM »
Quote from: boots
Quote from: Palpatine
God damnit, this morning is a real struggle, I mean it's ridiculous how bad the big suck, sux! I'm gonna make it, ain't no one stopping my shit, no one! I am done with dip, fuck dip, fuck American tobacco, and fuck the addiction. I'm done. Day 3 is on and I will win! Posting roll now....
and post each day...just keep going and going posting roll each day. that first week does suck but plow through it...we are all here to support each other and posting each day is what helps along with just venting the forum. do it...it helps. do it when you have a crave. yell at no one or everyone but just do it here and not to family or people around you. we are all going through this at the same time and we all can relate to the addiction of which we all are fighting. we are ALL addicts here! all of us! embrace that and own it...with that you will be able to get through each moment of the day and then start the next day. quit one day at a time!

i quit with you today!
Hey Brother, welcome to April. I stuck Copenhagen in my pie-hole all day every day for 30 years and I'm here to tell you that if I can stop - you can stop. I'm only 18 days into being quit, but as Morpheus said each day gets easier than the last after the first 3 - 4 days. Come over to our roll and rage on us. You'll feel better.

PS - Smokey Mountain and sunflower seeds were big helps to me when the bad craves came.
Way to go 4me...Your quit is off to a solid start. Keep your foot on the gas and don't let up. Quit with you today.

Offline boots on

• Quitter
  • What’s it gonna be nic, the bag or the bat?
  • Interests: family, golf, sports, BBQ
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 04:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Palpatine
God damnit, this morning is a real struggle, I mean it's ridiculous how bad the big suck, sux! I'm gonna make it, ain't no one stopping my shit, no one! I am done with dip, fuck dip, fuck American tobacco, and fuck the addiction. I'm done. Day 3 is on and I will win! Posting roll now....
and post each day...just keep going and going posting roll each day. that first week does suck but plow through it...we are all here to support each other and posting each day is what helps along with just venting the forum. do it...it helps. do it when you have a crave. yell at no one or everyone but just do it here and not to family or people around you. we are all going through this at the same time and we all can relate to the addiction of which we all are fighting. we are ALL addicts here! all of us! embrace that and own it...with that you will be able to get through each moment of the day and then start the next day. quit one day at a time!

i quit with you today!
Hey Brother, welcome to April. I stuck Copenhagen in my pie-hole all day every day for 30 years and I'm here to tell you that if I can stop - you can stop. I'm only 18 days into being quit, but as Morpheus said each day gets easier than the last after the first 3 - 4 days. Come over to our roll and rage on us. You'll feel better.

PS - Smokey Mountain and sunflower seeds were big helps to me when the bad craves came.