Author Topic: I quit today  (Read 2882 times)

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: I quit today
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 11:57:00 AM »
Quote from: Palpatine
Quote from: 4memyselfandI
God damnit, this morning is a real struggle, I mean it's ridiculous how bad the big suck, sux! I'm gonna make it, ain't no one stopping my shit, no one! I am done with dip, fuck dip, fuck American tobacco, and fuck the addiction. I'm done. Day 3 is on and I will win! Posting roll now....
and post each day...just keep going and going posting roll each day. that first week does suck but plow through it...we are all here to support each other and posting each day is what helps along with just venting the forum. do it...it helps. do it when you have a crave. yell at no one or everyone but just do it here and not to family or people around you. we are all going through this at the same time and we all can relate to the addiction of which we all are fighting. we are ALL addicts here! all of us! embrace that and own it...with that you will be able to get through each moment of the day and then start the next day. quit one day at a time!

i quit with you today!
You are traveling down a path into "the suck". The suck is your body withdrawing from nicotine. It physically needs it to fire right now and is not happy with you quitting.

Stay strong. It gets better.

When you reach the peak of "the suck", you'll start getting better. Your body will slowly but surely realize it can survive without the poison. "The suck" can last 3-7 days depending upon your activity level and the amount of fluids you push through your system. You've promised to stay quit today so now you just have to keep your word. You're not a liar, are ya?

(1) DRINK WATER-It moves the process along. You want to flush the poison from your system so that you can start to heal. Try to drink 2 liters (big water bottles in the store) of water a day (one by afternoon, another later).

(2) EXERCISE-Drop and give yourself 10 pushups. If that doesn't work, give 10 more. If you don't run, walk. If you do run, run. You push the poison out faster the more that you sweat.

(3) PLAN-Plan to be quit and you will. Know your weaknesses. Know your itinerary. Know when you'll have backup. Know when you're venturing into bad situations.

(4) If all of that fails, open up your desk drawer and insert your nuts. Slam it. You won't want nicotine anymore. I promise.

It's going to suck until it doesn't. It will get better. Anything earned is not achieved through convenience. Most importantly, take it moment by moment. If you need to re-up your promise, fucking do it man. If you need help, ask. We're all here for you man.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 1.6.2016
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 11:32:00 AM »
God damnit, this morning is a real struggle, I mean it's ridiculous how bad the big suck, sux! I'm gonna make it, ain't no one stopping my shit, no one! I am done with dip, fuck dip, fuck American tobacco, and fuck the addiction. I'm done. Day 3 is on and I will win! Posting roll now....
and post each day...just keep going and going posting roll each day. that first week does suck but plow through it...we are all here to support each other and posting each day is what helps along with just venting the forum. do it...it helps. do it when you have a crave. yell at no one or everyone but just do it here and not to family or people around you. we are all going through this at the same time and we all can relate to the addiction of which we all are fighting. we are ALL addicts here! all of us! embrace that and own it...with that you will be able to get through each moment of the day and then start the next day. quit one day at a time!

i quit with you today!
Good...good, let the quit flow through you!  -chewie

Offline 4memyselfandI

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-01-20
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 11:23:00 AM »

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 09:01:00 PM »
Today is Day 2, and I'm a bit sideways, actually interesting how you can be foggy, tingling, AND salty at the same time. I'm not going to do anything to jeopardize my quit, but this is really fucking hard! I've got my water though, worked out, and have my evening planned, so I'm good and in control. But I fucking hate the quit, it sucks especially only a few days in. I will not cave! Fuck dip!
Nice work posting roll! And as Waste said, start getting to know guys/gals in your group. It may seem weird at first, but trade digits so you can text or call each other. The network is huge and helps a lot. The folks in my quit group April '14 that are still there are ones that not only post roll EDD but we also formed a bond with each other through texting, calling, etc. The bond within that group has been an invaluable resource in our quits.

At this stage in Day 2 you are in the midst of what we call "the big suck". And as they say, it's gonna suck until it doesn't anymore. Your body is screaming for a fix but your mind now has the upper hand. Nicotine will be flushed from your system in another couple of days. Then after that the fog lifts and you will begin to think more clearly.

I am really glad to see your determination to quit and stay quit. Nicotine offers no redeeming factors. It will kill you if you let it. I pm'd you my digits.

Offline morpheus

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-01-11
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 08:04:00 PM »
Today is Day 2, and I'm a bit sideways, actually interesting how you can be foggy, tingling, AND salty at the same time. I'm not going to do anything to jeopardize my quit, but this is really fucking hard! I've got my water though, worked out, and have my evening planned, so I'm good and in control. But I fucking hate the quit, it sucks especially only a few days in. I will not cave! Fuck dip!
Welcome. Stay strong brother. I'm early on as well, day 11 and I'll tell you personally for me Day 11 was better than 10, and 10 better than 9 and so on. The chemical additional is hard, and so is the physical part of it. I bought some fake dip and have used it to some degree to help.
?No One Here Gets Out Alive.? ~Jim Morrison

"I rubbed a little quit on it, problem solved!!" ~ Morpheus

Short Stories by Morpheus and others

Offline 4memyselfandI

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 06:53:00 PM »

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 12:41:00 PM »
Thanks for those tips, appreciate it.

I'm at a point in my day where the cravings and desire to dip are highest. it's the things I can't control that usually trigger my emotions and need to dip. I'm also getting foggier and tinglier all over. It does suck, but just having a chance to vent on here helps me out greatly especially since everyone understands what I'm going through. I'll make it today w/o dip!
Go to Walmart and get some fake dip. Smokey Mountain. I used it for a good while now i don't. No shame in it.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline ReWire

• Master of Quit
  • Redeemed
  • Likes Given: 176
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 12:17:00 PM »
Zillah,

Posted role this morning, felt good to do so and have that promise going today, I feel accountable and that gives me power which is what I need to battle nicotine today. Seems like forever I have been powerless, or I'd put a good fight, and cave....no more though, I'm fuckin' done caving, this dip battle has gone on so long, and it's time to win the war. I mean, how fucked up is the balance between what we get for dipping and what American tobacco gets from us. They get our money, our mind, and our health, we get fucked over and wind up worse in the end, so anyways, I'm hyping myself up a bit a I guess for my battle today with nicotine. The rant and rave actually gets it off my chest and does me good in terms of talking with folks that actually understand what i'm going through.

All my cans are gone, nicotine gum is gone, nothing remains of dip anywhere...
Glad to have you in our group. We're all quitting together, one day at a time.
Old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 11:59:00 AM »
Zillah,

Posted role this morning, felt good to do so and have that promise going today, I feel accountable and that gives me power which is what I need to battle nicotine today. Seems like forever I have been powerless, or I'd put a good fight, and cave....no more though, I'm fuckin' done caving, this dip battle has gone on so long, and it's time to win the war. I mean, how fucked up is the balance between what we get for dipping and what American tobacco gets from us. They get our money, our mind, and our health, we get fucked over and wind up worse in the end, so anyways, I'm hyping myself up a bit a I guess for my battle today with nicotine. The rant and rave actually gets it off my chest and does me good in terms of talking with folks that actually understand what i'm going through.

So you've made the promise to yourself...

Good for you man. Liars lie to everybody but their biggest lies are usually to themselves. Be honest with yourself and keep that promise.

Our program doesn't stop just at posting roll. Get to know some quitters here and make yourself available to them. Chat with them. Text with them. Talk with them. Make some friends and put another wall between you and a can. Right now, you're a name on a list and a good introduction thread. You've got a good thing going. Build on that. Don't rest on your laurels. You have to reach your weapons in this battle. Your enemy just works through your tendencies and convenience.

Stand tall. Face the pain. Burn the fleet.

Never again. For any reason.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline 4memyselfandI

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 11:50:00 AM »
Zillah,

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 10:04:00 PM »

I'm at a point in my day where the cravings and desire to dip are highest. it's the things I can't control that usually trigger my emotions and need to dip. I'm also getting foggier and tinglier all over. It does suck, but just having a chance to vent on here helps me out greatly especially since everyone understands what I'm going through. I'll make it today w/o dip!
4me,
Welcome, you are in the right place. In addition to the tips posted above by Chick, get into April '16 roll call asap. Learn how to do it and post roll every damn day. It is your promise to yourself and all of us that you are quit. Posting roll is the price of admission to the club and you must do it without fail.

Also, have you thrown away your tin? And that backup emergency tin?
ZC

Offline 4memyselfandI

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 07:52:00 PM »

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 05:26:00 PM »
This is copied from a badass quitter that gave this advice a while ago... I am just repasting it for you.

I am going to offer you some advice, from a fellow bad ass quitter, and links that should help you through some nasty days. this quitting addiction is not easy but it is possible.

1 - drink lots of water, it really helps flush your system and curb cravings
2 - find an alternative to dip that works for you: cinnamon candies, fake dip, lifesavers, sex...
3 - when you get a bad craving do something physical: run, walk, push ups, sit ups and complete that until the craving goes away
4 - with both of you quitting rage will be very hard to manage, both irritable, moody and some days just unbearable. get on here and go to chat and Mother Fuck some poor unsuspecting jackass, because the odds are that you will never meet that jackass...just might save your marriage or court costs
5 - read other stories on here too, Kern is one of my personal favorites as well but there are many other examples that will pull at your heart strings
6 - use this Spousal Support information for both you and your husband to open your eyes to what is going on
7 - this will help you identify the Symptoms of Quitting Dip  Chew
8 - What to expect when you quit dipping
10 - trade phone numbers with other quitters and maybe use your husband too and find a way to promise one another daily in the process

P.S. all of the underlined and bold words are links to the KTC webpage or the forum.

9 - And so you see that you are a minority but certainly not alone Women and smokeless tobacco use  #9 was for a woman... but we're here
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline 4memyselfandI

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 05:25:00 PM »
I'm feeling shitty too after being away from dip today. Foggy and tingling in my face. I gonna roll call tomorrow, hoping that helps keep my accountable and inline. thanks man

Offline Donewithdip

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-01-18
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 05:21:00 PM »
Hello, I quit today. I no longer want dip to control me. I no longer want to be a slave to nicotine. I need your help though, I can't quit by myself, I've tried many times. You see dip was my best friend for over 30 years, there for me in good times and bad. It propped me up, calmed me down, and was always available. But I've finally realized it isn't a friend, it's a bastard. It has taken so much from me including money, self-control, peace of mind, etc.

I type this and I'm scared actually because I know how many times I've tried to quit, and I've failed. And I don't want that to happen anymore, I want to be done, I need to be done, I have to be done, period.

So, again, I'm done with dip, I quit today. I look forward to any help that anyone can throw my way. Suggestions, advice, whatever, I'm open because I quit today and I want that to stick for the rest of my life! Thanks.
I'm on day 2. Feeling kind of Shitty but every one here has been great . They have something called roll here. I like it because it holds me accountable.
Keep on keeping on odaat