Author Topic: 16 Days Strong  (Read 1063 times)

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
Re: 16 Days Strong
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 08:12:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: 3142015
You are right!!!! Appreciate it. 22 days strong!!!!! Probably don't care because I have not posted roll in a few days. It's just the way I have to do things.
Damn...just damn. If that's what you wanna give than that's what I give in return!
3-14, have you tried to quit before? What is different this time?

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 05:30:00 PM »
You are right!!!! Appreciate it. 22 days strong!!!!! Probably don't care because I have not posted roll in a few days. It's just the way I have to do things.
Damn...just damn. If that's what you wanna give than that's what I give in return!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline 3142015

• Quit Date: 2015-03-14
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 04:47:00 PM »

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 06:23:00 PM »
Band with us if you want unwavering support and a kick in the dick when you need it. Trust us you'll need it every now and then. And the only way to get it is to post roll with us daily. It's how we build trust and the desire to have each other's back. The guys who've responded to you so far are the type of guys you want on your side. All it takes is a couple minutes each day. Cheapest insurance premium I know of.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline 3142015

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 04:42:00 PM »
Thanks again everyone. I appreciate the support.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 04:08:00 PM »
You post roll here topic/10990123/350/ daily. The Welcome Center has great instructions on how to do it, and once you've done it 2-3 times, it's a snap.

Roll is the minimum, the one that got me was giving out and receiving phone numbers..........I thought that was way out of line. Then after a month or so I was struggling, and tried it. That decision kept me quit - several times. We are all addicts, and all suffer at first, but once you can get past the mental part of this, it is truly wonderful.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 03:48:00 PM »
It's all about how bad you want this! This is your life not a game my friend! I'm an addict and so are you, we've got to fight like hell everyday to get through this I can honestly say there's no way in hell I would have been able to do this without all the help from my brothers and sisters! So post roll every damn day and give it your all! Trust me it's damn hard! Just an addict trying to help another addict!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline 3142015

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 02:41:00 PM »
I hear both of you. I will attempt to be more proactive about posting roll. As for advise, do I post roll every day to the posting? Thanks for the responses.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »
I've seen more success when quitters post roll every day, then when they check in weekly or so. I know everyone is different, but having been a part of this site for nearly a year I can count on one hand the quitters who are still quit using your method.

3142015, I can post roll in under 30 seconds start to finish. You aren't expected to post a novel every day, just a roll post. IMHO 30 a day is worth a try at least.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 02:14:00 PM »
Thanks for the response Ajack. As for roll posting, ya I have no idea. I tried. As for an update every few weeks, sorry but I don't feel the need to post daily. I would rather just read through posts and get my motivation that way. I understand being skeptical, but I can and will do what I feel necessary. I do believe this site works; obviously. While I appreciate your response, you sir are the reason guys like me don't post all the time. Congrats on the 713 days.
I getcha... I really do. It took me a loooong time to roll with the concept of this site. Never had any kind of familiarity with a forum of any kind. Totally not my thing. Still isn't.

However...

I wanted to quit so bad. Needed to quit so bad that I would do anything to get there and, now, keep it there. Can I stay quit away from KTC? Of course. I choose to hang here though because it keeps me from getting complacent and for an addict like us... That's death. If guys like me keep you away, well, that's on you. What is it that turns you off? I'm curious. We may be a li'l gung ho and hardcore but you have to tackle addiction in that fashion. If you give on any front... You lose and a loss in this arena... Is costly.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline 3142015

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 02:03:00 PM »
Thanks for the response Ajack. As for roll posting, ya I have no idea. I tried. As for an update every few weeks, sorry but I don't feel the need to post daily. I would rather just read through posts and get my motivation that way. I understand being skeptical, but I can and will do what I feel necessary. I do believe this site works; obviously. While I appreciate your response, you sir are the reason guys like me don't post all the time. Congrats on the 713 days.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 01:50:00 PM »
So, le'me give you a couple pointers...

1. You only get one intro. Update that one all ya want instead of starting a new intro each time you feel the need.
2. This place REALLY works when you become a part of it as intended. A status update every few weeks and zero roll posting tend to make us skeptical about your commitment. You last posted on March 13 saying you couldn't figure out roll. Um... Did you even try to learn it during that time? Did you reach out and ask for help? All the resources are here, man. Excuses don't fly when helpful options abound. You gots to give to get in a place like KTC.
3. What you're going through sucks... Especially when you go it alone. We can't make any of it better but, damn, there's something to be said for knowing you're not alone in your fight. Put some turbo in your quit and get involved... Get to know the help this place can be... Get to know the people who can help you stay strong.

I chewed for 25 years and 2 cans a day for the last 10 or so. Dude, I was a total junkie. Dropped it cold 713 days ago and never looked back. This place ~ these people helped me do that.

What are you waiting for? Freedom is your for the taking...

Edit: I see you do have only one intro. My bad. Your initial post was in someone else's intro. I'm glad you started your own but taking so long to do so without getting involved here... Dangerous ground.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline 3142015

16 Days Strong
« on: March 30, 2015, 12:46:00 PM »
Hi all, 16 days and no chew. Still have massive head aches, still get the daily fog that last two or so hours, still have cravings after meals, still get pissed off easily!!! Man, I can't believe I have gotten this far. I just need to know when all of this crap will end? 20 years, 1-1.5 cans per day for 15 of those years.