Author Topic: Addiction & lies  (Read 7905 times)

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
Re: Addiction & lies
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »
I think it is time to hear from admin..... Lots of you know me, I am not a drama guy, and I want everyone quit. But Scott should not be a member here. HE POSTED ROLL WHILE USING. It is that simple. How do we know that his day three wasn't posted with a dip in. I can name dozens if not hundreds of quitters who post everyday and I can trust them.
I said it before and I will say it again, I am at 676 this is still a fight for me I get dip dreams and I wake up terrified not because I failed (that sucks but failure is a part of life) I wake up with a pit in my stomach because the part that makes these dreams a nightmare is letting down my brothers of KTC, this is life and death to me, my brothers here help save my life everyday and I will do the same for them. If I can't trust their promise this site is cheapened. I will do whatever I can to make KTC stronger and if that means voicing an unpopular opinion I will do that.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2013, 11:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Romandog
There is a point to all of this, actually...

Where I was going with this was that there are certain methods that work here on this site..

We are all addicts.

Addicts lie to cover their addiction.. We lie to others, but more importantly we lie to ourselves..

Harsh methods are sometimes required to pull the mask off.. To blow away the smoke screen.. To show the lies for what they are. Actually, harsh methods are usually required.. And really the harsh method that destroys the web of self deception is the more compassionate method.. Because it brings out the truth and makes the deception clear.

When we coddle someone, we are not doing them any favors. We are only perpetuating the self-deception. A man will not quit until you can show the addiction for what it is.

Nicotine withdrawl will not kill you. DTs from alcohol withdrawl can kill you, but nicotine withdrawl will not. It just makes you wish that it could

No one forces the tobacco in our mouths. We make excuses. My girlfriend left me. My dog died, I lost my job. Whatever.. None of these are reasons to continue using tobacco. Even a tornado is not a reason to go back to tobacco. Sounds hard core.

It is...

Why? Which of these things are actually improved by tobacco? Any of them? No.. It just adds guilt to an already bad situation. It just makes it one more day you are enslaved.

"Well I needed that to get through this problem.." Total garbage.. It creates its own need.

A man will not quit until you show the addiction for what it is.. Enslaving self-deception. Once you do that, once he feels the sting.. And he has to feel the sting, by the way... Once you do that he will get a taste of true freedom.. Once he gets even a glimmer that he has the self control to stay off of this stuff, and he will gladly and even vehemently renounce tobacco and then do whatever is necessary to never do it again.

Anything short of that is self-deception...

The harsh treatment is not because we hate scottmacek the person.. We hate the person that tobacco turns scottmacek into. It turns him into a lying sack of self deceptive bullshit.

Right now he probably thinks I'm the biggest unfeeling discompassionate asshole that ever lived..

I am.. to the nicotine controlled scottmacek..

But if he ever becomes the "free from nicotine controlled by an unsotted clear thinking brain" scottmacek, he will thank me...

Does this even begin to make sense to you?

So then, are you really doing him a favor by perpetuating his self-deceptive lies?

Make him come clean! Be his real friend! Or would you rather see him with his jaw half-eaten away by cancer, no tongue, and a tumor growing around his brainstem as it slowly drags him down to the grave?

Discompassionate?

I think not. No, I'd rather be the asshole now than read his obituary later, thank you.
Nice post.

Bottom line: this isn't a bakery...we don't sugarcoat shit. It's too important and wouldn't do any good anyway. It wouldn't help you, me, new people peeking in on this thread trying to get the courage to quit, or, most importantly, Mr. Macek.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2013, 11:43:00 PM »
This has turned into one of the most volatile forums on the entire KTC site. Since everyone knows the history by now, it seems that it should be decided by Administrators. I thought the Moderators could ban someone, but was incorrect. I asked and was informed “A banning is voted on by all 7 administrators. If there is a majority, then a ban occurs.” I also have been informed tonight by another moderator that “sometimes the best thing an admin/mod can do is let the class teach itself.” I reviewed the August roll and found that 37 quitters has signed roll today, including Scott. While I certainly am not a statistician, I would expect that 10% of that group even knows what’s going on in this thread. Do these 4-5 men qualify as a class? Can they teach themselves or their peers a lesson learned here? I do not have an answer to that, but considering their relatively new quit status I would doubt it.
Unlike most of you, I have many more miles under my ass than you. That does not make me smarter, wiser, or better informed, although my little grandson would disagree. What it does provide me is that little bit of insight to know that Chris Daniels was right…this shit has to stop. We are a good group of men and women in a unique position to be able to better ourselves and help those struggling to do the same. We are a family. Like most families, disagreements surface from time to time, but we deal with them and do not let it tear the family apart. The Scott issue is tearing this family apart. A couple of good men want to leave the family. We are cussing one another. Hostilities are spoken with reverence. We are basically agreeing to disagree with one another. This is like a cancer in and of itself and needs to stop before it spreads further. I am going to roll the boards in a few minutes and am putting forth a direct question of the day that will be easily answered with a “Yes” or a “No”. I posted the same QOD in February through August Quit groups, but SpartanRon took offense at the question and deleted it from the May group saying it was too divisive for him. I encourage all of you to post up, answer the QOD truthfully, and let Administration know where you stand on the issue of Scott. It is my understanding they are closely monitoring this situation and should hear the will of the entire KTC community. I apologize for any previous posts I have made here today if you were offended by them. If you were, toughen your hide and suck it up. See ya at roll.
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Romandog

• Romandog of Quit
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is good. Be quit.
  • Interests: Programming, Oil painting, Drawing, Sailing, Swimming, Krav Maga, Kettlebell/Bodyweight workouts, Military/Naval History, Theology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics, Shooting & Fishing
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »
There is a point to all of this, actually...

Where I was going with this was that there are certain methods that work here on this site..

We are all addicts.

Addicts lie to cover their addiction.. We lie to others, but more importantly we lie to ourselves..

Harsh methods are sometimes required to pull the mask off.. To blow away the smoke screen.. To show the lies for what they are. Actually, harsh methods are usually required.. And really the harsh method that destroys the web of self deception is the more compassionate method.. Because it brings out the truth and makes the deception clear.

When we coddle someone, we are not doing them any favors. We are only perpetuating the self-deception. A man will not quit until you can show the addiction for what it is.

Nicotine withdrawl will not kill you. DTs from alcohol withdrawl can kill you, but nicotine withdrawl will not. It just makes you wish that it could

No one forces the tobacco in our mouths. We make excuses. My girlfriend left me. My dog died, I lost my job. Whatever.. None of these are reasons to continue using tobacco. Even a tornado is not a reason to go back to tobacco. Sounds hard core.

It is...

Why? Which of these things are actually improved by tobacco? Any of them? No.. It just adds guilt to an already bad situation. It just makes it one more day you are enslaved.

"Well I needed that to get through this problem.." Total garbage.. It creates its own need.

A man will not quit until you show the addiction for what it is.. Enslaving self-deception. Once you do that, once he feels the sting.. And he has to feel the sting, by the way... Once you do that he will get a taste of true freedom.. Once he gets even a glimmer that he has the self control to stay off of this stuff, and he will gladly and even vehemently renounce tobacco and then do whatever is necessary to never do it again.

Anything short of that is self-deception...

The harsh treatment is not because we hate scottmacek the person.. We hate the person that tobacco turns scottmacek into. It turns him into a lying sack of self deceptive bullshit.

Right now he probably thinks I'm the biggest unfeeling discompassionate asshole that ever lived..

I am.. to the nicotine controlled scottmacek..

But if he ever becomes the "free from nicotine controlled by an unsotted clear thinking brain" scottmacek, he will thank me...

Does this even begin to make sense to you?

So then, are you really doing him a favor by perpetuating his self-deceptive lies?

Make him come clean! Be his real friend! Or would you rather see him with his jaw half-eaten away by cancer, no tongue, and a tumor growing around his brainstem as it slowly drags him down to the grave?

Discompassionate?

I think not. No, I'd rather be the asshole now than read his obituary later, thank you.
July 2011 Tornadoes of Quit
Since April 18, 2011, 08:42:00 AM

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2013, 11:08:00 PM »
Quote from: jake
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: cdaniels
All this bull shit needs to stop one way or another..... I can see no possible good out come here, for no one. This shit is going to keep up until it no longer is what it was. So everyone please just STOP.
Thank you! We all need to get off this thread. We are allies, here for the same reason. And I am watching this issue turn good people against each other. The back and forth name calling is bullshit. No one is gonna change any ones mind. Im still a new guy and no one cares what I think, But I spend ALOT of time reading all of your guys posts and threads. And I see positivity and support everywhere except this post. Lets get back to that! Some of us will support Scott and some wont. Lets not let that issue divide us and make us lose focus on our purpose for being here. We are all quit today! And God willing we will ALL post roll tomorrow!
Sorry. I'm "that guy" who likes to get the last word in. I'm off this thread as I believe the law of diminishing returns is setting in. Unless someone calls me an asshole or something. Then ill probably have to say something. LOL.
Whats the law of diminishing returns?
Never mind I googled it... lol... your right

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2013, 11:05:00 PM »
All this bull shit needs to stop one way or another..... I can see no possible good out come here, for no one. This shit is going to keep up until it no longer is what it was. So everyone please just STOP.
Thank you! We all need to get off this thread. We are allies, here for the same reason. And I am watching this issue turn good people against each other. The back and forth name calling is bullshit. No one is gonna change any ones mind. Im still a new guy and no one cares what I think, But I spend ALOT of time reading all of your guys posts and threads. And I see positivity and support everywhere except this post. Lets get back to that! Some of us will support Scott and some wont. Lets not let that issue divide us and make us lose focus on our purpose for being here. We are all quit today! And God willing we will ALL post roll tomorrow!
Sorry. I'm "that guy" who likes to get the last word in. I'm off this thread as I believe the law of diminishing returns is setting in. Unless someone calls me an asshole or something. Then ill probably have to say something. LOL.
Whats the law of diminishing returns?

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2013, 11:01:00 PM »
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2013, 10:56:00 PM »
Quote from: wmcatty
Quote from: jayd41
I'm quit with my group...that includes scott...yeah the support i got was great...mainly from russell and a handful of others...i'm good with them...but most of them are either staying away from this topic because it doesn't concern them or supporting this young man.  Those are the people i'm here for...diesel you sound like a bitter woman who has been cheated on....so blow it out YOUR ass....and by the way, that come back was in style in the 80's....so really FUCK OFF
Fuck of eh? LOL. OH NO, That hurt my feelings. I might leave this site now, because I'm a little pussy.

MAN THE FUCK UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, yeah dick weed, the comeback was in the style of the 80's in response to your reference of "real nice Clark..." which I believe was a a movie from the 80's correct??? National Lampoons Family Vacation??? Moron.
Dick weed? Moron? Sounds like you got as much respect as you gave...just sayin.
Yeah. Someone tells me to fuck off...Im not the type to hold my tongue. Sorry.

This after him calling vets out for not supporting Scotty. This directly ties into lack of respect for the vets.

Thanks for proving my point..
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2013, 10:35:00 PM »
that come back was in style in the 80's...
So Jayd...

Since we are on a roll here, and since you are such an experienced badass...

What was wrong with the 80s that you think today is so good in comparison?

I lived through both.. Was probably your age back then..

What have you got to point to today? Justin Beiber (or Bieber or however you spell it)?

'Popcorn'
Yeah i am a bit younger....31...but i have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Do you want to know what music i listen too? do you want to know my heros?

Ok, johnny cash, george jones, willie nelson, jamey johnson. Won't let my daughter listen to bieber...

don't think ive ever claimed to be an experienced badass...i think i'm a little more experienced in showing compassion then some...

and what was wrong with the 80's....besides hair bands and crack cocain nothing man....that was the decade i was born so no complaints...
Oh good. We're on band likes.

I spent most of my day listening to dead Kennedys and social distortion at work, but I'm all over the place on my music tastes. Fucking loved metal and was just telling my sister how I met korn years ago at lallapalooza and got punched in the nose (while on MTV news). Met guys from slipknot and anthrax last summer when we snuck backstage at a concert. Traveled 6 hours to see thrice in Chicago last year as well and ended up hanging out with singer at a bar.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2013, 10:17:00 PM »
that come back was in style in the 80's...
So Jayd...

Since we are on a roll here, and since you are such an experienced badass...

What was wrong with the 80s that you think today is so good in comparison?

I lived through both.. Was probably your age back then..

What have you got to point to today? Justin Beiber (or Bieber or however you spell it)?

'Popcorn'
Yeah i am a bit younger....31...but i have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Do you want to know what music i listen too? do you want to know my heros?

Ok, johnny cash, george jones, willie nelson, jamey johnson. Won't let my daughter listen to bieber...

don't think ive ever claimed to be an experienced badass...i think i'm a little more experienced in showing compassion then some...

and what was wrong with the 80's....besides hair bands and crack cocain nothing man....that was the decade i was born so no complaints...
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »
some thoughts:

1. if you look to the top left of the page, right under "Kill the Can" there's a little link called Board Guidelines. Click on it and you'll find:
Quote from: Board
2) Multiple aliases will not be tolerated. Violators will be banned immediately
not sure why scotty wasn't banned in the first place, and frankly i don't care.

2. interesting observation, diesel (about newbs having shit all figured out and lecturing vets)... i had the same thought. hell, i still feel like i don't have this quitting thing down perfectly and need the collective help of KTC. i've always looked to the "real" vets for guidance and wisdom, and i don't see that changing. it strikes me as ironic that a old timer of 54 with AA experience and 15 days of nicotine quitting is telling me how to quit tobacco and that my 737 day quit is somehow more shallow than his.

3. if you guys want to love and support scotty, go right ahead. knock yourselves out. i couldn't care less. if the admin team wants him around, whatever. not that i've been all that active in groups other than mine lately, but i will not be supporting or reading August 13. i don't care to have scotty involved in my quit in any way shape or form.

4. while i will no longer be participating in scotty's clusterfuck stoppage of august 13, i do support KTC, and frankly i feel a little responsible for the state of things. i haven't been around and really have no right to bitch about how these newbs are being educated. i'm 1000% sure there are some sweet, rock-solid quitters that would make chewie proud, but damn, i'm really surprised at the coddling, the enabling, and the all around soft nature of things in here. there is a place for a firm line in the sand, for hard truths, and for harsh words.

5. i've seen guys cave after 100 days. i've seen guys cave after a year. i've seen guys with a comma come back and post a day 1. the second that you start thinking that you have this thing under control and figured out is the very second that you start forgetting. the second you start forgetting is the second you start allowing the nic bitch to reel you in. always be vigilant. burn your boats. never again, not for any reason. pride cometh before the fall, and pride cometh before every cave.

i'm out of here. pm me if you want to chat. i'm headed back to the monastery of August 11.
Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau

Offline cdaniels

• Quitter
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »
Quit date 11-20-12
Never again for any reason. I quit for today. Today I live.
http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=7796
http://www.killthecan.org/facts/contract.asp

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2013, 10:03:00 PM »
I'm quit with my group...that includes scott...yeah the support i got was great...mainly from russell and a handful of others...i'm good with them...but most of them are either staying away from this topic because it doesn't concern them or supporting this young man.  Those are the people i'm here for...diesel you sound like a bitter woman who has been cheated on....so blow it out YOUR ass....and by the way, that come back was in style in the 80's....so really FUCK OFF
Fuck of eh? LOL. OH NO, That hurt my feelings. I might leave this site now, because I'm a little pussy.

MAN THE FUCK UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, yeah dick weed, the comeback was in the style of the 80's in response to your reference of "real nice Clark..." which I believe was a a movie from the 80's correct??? National Lampoons Family Vacation??? Moron.
Dick weed? Moron? Sounds like you got as much respect as you gave...just sayin.
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
Quote from: Sleestak
Quote from: nebraskadad58
Quote from: Adigg
Quote from: wmcatty
After reading, and in some cases re-reading, the posts in this thread, I have not been able to come to any logical conclusion as to what the consensus of the members or moderators is.  It is agreed that Scott really screwed the pooch in the past.  He lied about using tobacco when he posted roll.  He caved on several occasions.  He has infuriated a lot of members by posting roll the past 3 days in the August 2013 Quit Group.  By all accounts, he has answered the 3 golden questions and tried to atone to his brothers here at KTC for his past transgressions.  This seems to be the place where everything else goes to hell in a hand basket.  I tried to encapsulate the essence of each of the more “vocal” posts about this matter and state them as follows:

Skoal Monster would prefer that Scott go elsewhere.
Morgan1 agrees with Skoal Monster.
Seth will leave KTC if Administration allows Scott to stay on KTC.
Jhaenel23 was very cognizant of the seriousness of the infractions.
Jost2brown feels that support is actually enabling.
Gmann would not roll out the red carpet and questioned if Wastepanel was sucking off Scott.
Wastepanel said KTC forgives past mistakes and questioned if Gmann was still on his knee pads.
Diesel was so upset he even told a new August Quitter to blow it out his ass.
Kana is supportive of anyone who quits the nicotine.
Romandog recommended that Scott go elsewhere to quit. He is also ready to leave KTC.
Scott is taking his lumps and posted Day 3 today, apparently telling his adversaries to fuck off.

And My Favorite Of All---jayd41.  He is a 2 week quitter in August and already has 87 posts.  He has some big cods, stands his ground, believes in his convictions and says that he has met men in jail that are more respectful than some of the members on this site.  He does not know Scott but told him that he fucked up…and he would support Scott in his quit.  Then he was evidently offended by something that Diesel said and told Diesel that he sounded like a bitter old woman and he could blow it out his ass…and then told him to fuck off!  Pretty ballsy for a guy with just 14 days under his belt.

If I missed some of the rants, I apologize from the depths of my heart.  If my words offend you, avert your eyesÂ…it is that simple.  So, it looks like we gained one new quitter in Scott and have possibly lost two in Seth  Romandog.  In any event, the saga will probably continue as more members voice their agreement, support or distain for Scott reappearing after his repeated failures. Let it continue as far as I am concerned, as I enjoy reading the posts and wondering who the hell takes some of those big egos for a walk each day.  Adios and stay quit.
This has to be by far one of the best posts IÂ’ve seen on KTC! Nice work Catty!
Been watching this thread as well for a day and think, WTF IS THIS about? \

I am 15 days + 1hr, and 20 minutes into my quit.

I am a 54 old man, been around the block for quite a while.

What I see in this thread is the statements of a bunch of self anointed divas and insecure man babies.
In AA we call ya'll 2 steppers. Look it up.

if the ranting anger is what you people call recovery, Good luck in your quit, cause that is ALL you have. IF your QUIT IS based on FEAR and Anger, then Good Luck.

ya'll give one little ol' slipper this much power over YOUR QUIT, then YOUR QUIT is pretty fucking shallow. Seems there are a lot of people who are consumed by the actions this one fucking pigeon, you've given him a lot of time. IF you base YOUR recovery on the actions of one person, you are not going to survive. Resenting this guy which some of you do it going to bleed you and make you crave like a fucking big dog.

Some of ya'll may be quit today, some of you may be 100 days or beyond, your collective anger IS a problem for the "group", terrorizing one sorry arsed remorse filled addict, and brow beating this poor sot into a state of mush. Ya'll need to be proud of yourselves.

I DON'T want some of you self important pricks have. If your QUIT is based on fear and anger then your lives have to be pretty fucking hollow.
I do not think you will find too many quits based on fear or anger in here. What you will find are some people who do not condone or forgive the actions of someone willing to display utter disdain and contempt for the integrity of this site. Stay longer than 15 days and you will see cavers returned to the fold with little more than an appeal to answer a few simple questions. Maybe some grief, especially from ones who have been personally invested in their quit, but they will be forgiven if they are honest and want to be quit.

How people can fail to see the seriousness of what he has done is beyond me. Maybe some of you are still foggy? Scott does not weaken my quit, he made a mockery of this site and a fool of himself in doing so. I am not angry, not afraid, and also not willing to accept his word. In the end that is for his group to decide anyway. If they want to invest in his quit, more power to them and him. I think he should have a forced asterisk next to every roll call post. You know, because he felt like it was OK to post roll with a dip in while his group was legitimately struggling with their addiction.
Couldn't agree more sleestak. A lot of nerve to tell us "anoited divas and man nannies"why we are quitting. Also, this isn't fucking AA. This is KTC.ORG.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18