Author Topic: D-Day H-Hour  (Read 12542 times)

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-23
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: D-Day H-Hour
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2015, 02:45:00 AM »
de-leet
Vortex navigation aid:  This post was made by Sajax

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=6476.msg426318#msg426318

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2015, 01:19:00 AM »
A good long conversation can be helpful to a healthy understanding of a situation.

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Interests: I am a follower of Jesus Christ. A husband and a father of a 14 year old son. A huge White Sox (hence the screen name) and Blackhawk fan. I golf, play chess, and work in construction. Living the rest of my life, one day at a time, without nicotine.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2015, 11:29:00 AM »
That HOF speech was really inspiring. That speech should be a must read for newbies. It's so easy to be put off by this place as a newbie. I remember thinking it's ghey to give out phone numbers, post support in groups, etc. Follow the path well worn. It's that simple.
HOF Speech

Here in THIS house, we Kill the Can. If it's not a top priority, go to one of the bitch sites where they "hurt the can" or "call the can names." - Pre

This is so much more that just throwing your name on a list, it is placing your word or promise that you will not use nicotine and it should be done everyday. - MCarmo44

I need this place, because i am an addict. I cannot forget that...if i do i will forget how to quit. - Schaef418

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2015, 09:25:00 PM »
Quote from: Krusty
Quote from: Doc
Quote from: Lipizzaner
Sajax- congrats on hitting the HOF.
I am both proud of you and thankful that you are here because you make my quit stronger.
Happy New Year bro!
Sorry I'm late to the party.
Congrats Sajax!!! Day 101 is just as awesome as 100.
Congrats (plus a day) Pajax!! Helluva way to ring in the new year.

Thanks for all you bring to the site, and let's sign up for another hundy!
Congrats on 101 sajax!

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2015, 02:06:00 PM »
Quote from: Doc
I am both proud of you and thankful that you are here because you make my quit stronger.
Happy New Year bro!
Congrats (plus a day) Pajax!! Helluva way to ring in the new year.

Thanks for all you bring to the site, and let's sign up for another hundy!

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2015, 11:04:00 AM »
Happy New Year bro!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Lipizzaner

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2014, 10:16:00 PM »
Happy New Year bro!

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2014, 07:23:00 PM »
Quote from: Ginet
Nice work on the first 100. Excellent job. Enjoy this milestone! They only get better!
Happy HOF New Year!!! Congrats!

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2014, 06:16:00 PM »
Nice work on the first 100. Excellent job. Enjoy this milestone! They only get better!
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »

Offline twballgame9

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »
Pat Sajax, you are the man.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
Quote from: slug.go
100?!!? Outstanding!!! Do it again!! 'oh yeah'
Congrats Sajax, solid all the way. Keep the momentum.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2014, 09:34:00 AM »
100?!!? Outstanding!!! Do it again!! 'oh yeah'
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Interests: I am a follower of Jesus Christ. A husband and a father of a 14 year old son. A huge White Sox (hence the screen name) and Blackhawk fan. I golf, play chess, and work in construction. Living the rest of my life, one day at a time, without nicotine.
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2014, 05:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Sajax
Can people quit using nicotine without KTC? Yes. Every day someone walks away from cigarettes or tobacco. So why do I get so angry and (real talk: afraid) when someone who has been posting roll beside me for nearly 90 days decides to walk away? Do I feel like they are walking out on me? Not especially. A guy today in RANT who never did anything but post and ghost pulled this stunt today. I was talking to my wife about it. I told her I think he posted his excuse because he didn't want us to be mad at him. That some part of the KTC brotherhood had rubbed off on him enough to tell his conscience that was he was doing wasn't a good thing.

Will he stay quit? I don't think so. Here is why. The answer to my previous question I think deserves some introspection. Why do I get angry about someone being "cured" as we like to say around here? For me personally I think it might have something to do with what I call "veterans syndrome." I saw it from guys in the navy first. They had been in for 16 or 18 years, close to retirement and hating every minute of it. When someone with only 6 or 8 years comes along and starts getting close to getting out they circle like sharks.

"The job market is bad."
"You won't be able to live like you do now."
"You already have a lot of time in, just stick it out."

On and on. There were as many reasons as there are sailors. I learned they weren't talking to the guy in front of them. In a round about way they were trying to convince themselves that the decision they made (committing to the military for 20 years) was the right one. That getting out was dangerous and full of peril. While not a perfect analogy for why I act the way I do here, I think this idea suggests some of the thoughts I have when I see people walk away from KTC. Can I walk away from KTC? People stay quit with it right? Will there ever be a day where I don't need it to stay quit?

I can't speak for forever but a post from Lipi answers this nicely. I am an addict. As an addict I need accountability to stay sober. No form of accountability in my life has ever worked before reaching KTC. KTC is the only form of accountability that has kept me sober. Without KTC -- I --- can't stay sober. That is why I think we will see gas man again. I think that all the people who get weeks or months deep into KTC and walk away are making a huge mistake.

They can't see that this form of accountability (although one you wouldn't have guessed) works. And without it they are an addict unleashed. That is why I need KTC. That is why I hate to see guys walk away. That is why I defensive when people insult the flavor of this kool-aid. For most of us, we need it, this kool-aid saves our life, and without it we are done.
In 1992 I had to decide whether to get out of the Army or stay in. I was going to re-inlist, but the Army said I couldn't change my job, so I decided to get out. Like you, the sergeants would tell me that the economy was bad (end of Bush's term) and I would not be able to find a job.

I think that the Army knew they found a good soldier in myself, and maybe I was a bright spot in that part of their career; a chance to mold this guy into a soldier. I was 100% into the military. I went to the promotion board as an E-4 before PLDC. I soaked in everything that was the US ARMY.

Anyways, I decided it was in my best interest to leave the military and did so.

It would appear that after 100 days that soxfnn would be 100% into KTC and December. I buy into the koolade and try and steer people the right way with their quit the best I can. If someone like myself, you, or one of the dozens of people in December like us were to 'go it alone', that would be how those sergeants felt about a crack soldier leaving their ranks.

It's important who is in the foxhole with me. I want someone that will be there if I need them. Just knowing how passionate you and the other RANTERS are helps my quit. We are at war with Nicotine. There is no cure. There is no end. This is black and white. The only way to win is to follow the KTC plan or be stranded on a deserted island where there is no nicotine.

The quitter that can't get out of bed to post roll or do 40 pushups the sergeants cared less for, and so should we.
HOF Speech

Here in THIS house, we Kill the Can. If it's not a top priority, go to one of the bitch sites where they "hurt the can" or "call the can names." - Pre

This is so much more that just throwing your name on a list, it is placing your word or promise that you will not use nicotine and it should be done everyday. - MCarmo44

I need this place, because i am an addict. I cannot forget that...if i do i will forget how to quit. - Schaef418