Author Topic: D-Day H-Hour  (Read 11537 times)

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-23
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: D-Day H-Hour
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2014, 05:26:00 PM »
Can people quit using nicotine without KTC? Yes. Every day someone walks away from cigarettes or tobacco. So why do I get so angry and (real talk: afraid) when someone who has been posting roll beside me for nearly 90 days decides to walk away? Do I feel like they are walking out on me? Not especially. A guy today in RANT who never did anything but post and ghost pulled this stunt today. I was talking to my wife about it. I told her I think he posted his excuse because he didn't want us to be mad at him. That some part of the KTC brotherhood had rubbed off on him enough to tell his conscience that was he was doing wasn't a good thing.

Will he stay quit? I don't think so. Here is why. The answer to my previous question I think deserves some introspection. Why do I get angry about someone being "cured" as we like to say around here? For me personally I think it might have something to do with what I call "veterans syndrome." I saw it from guys in the navy first. They had been in for 16 or 18 years, close to retirement and hating every minute of it. When someone with only 6 or 8 years comes along and starts getting close to getting out they circle like sharks.

"The job market is bad."
"You won't be able to live like you do now."
"You already have a lot of time in, just stick it out."

On and on. There were as many reasons as there are sailors. I learned they weren't talking to the guy in front of them. In a round about way they were trying to convince themselves that the decision they made (committing to the military for 20 years) was the right one. That getting out was dangerous and full of peril. While not a perfect analogy for why I act the way I do here, I think this idea suggests some of the thoughts I have when I see people walk away from KTC. Can I walk away from KTC? People stay quit with it right? Will there ever be a day where I don't need it to stay quit?

I can't speak for forever but a post from Lipi answers this nicely. I am an addict. As an addict I need accountability to stay sober. No form of accountability in my life has ever worked before reaching KTC. KTC is the only form of accountability that has kept me sober. Without KTC -- I --- can't stay sober. That is why I think we will see gas man again. I think that all the people who get weeks or months deep into KTC and walk away are making a huge mistake.

They can't see that this form of accountability (although one you wouldn't have guessed) works. And without it they are an addict unleashed. That is why I need KTC. That is why I hate to see guys walk away. That is why I defensive when people insult the flavor of this kool-aid. For most of us, we need it, this kool-aid saves our life, and without it we are done.
Vortex navigation aid:  This post was made by Sajax

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=6476.msg426318#msg426318

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2014, 10:08:00 PM »
Quote from: slug.go
Happy Birthday, Sajax!!! 'Have a beer' 'Have a beer' 'Kiss' 'Finger' 'Sing and Drink' 'boob' 'boob' 'lick me' 'band' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'dance' 'party2' 'party2' 'party2'
Happy Birthday, Pat! Here's some boobies! 'boob'
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »
Happy Birthday, Sajax!!! 'Have a beer' 'Have a beer' 'Kiss' 'Finger' 'Sing and Drink' 'boob' 'boob' 'lick me' 'band' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'dance' 'party2' 'party2' 'party2'
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2014, 06:55:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: Sajax
=(
Turn that frowny face upside down.......
Or just gaze lovingly at the Super Kitten that's rocking your avatar. Makes me feel all full of cupcakes...

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2014, 06:51:00 PM »
=(
Turn that frowny face upside down.......
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2014, 04:14:00 PM »
=(

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2014, 08:00:00 AM »
And the post IMMEDIATELY above this one (didn't quote it as it stands on its own merit!!) is why I'm proud to be a supporter. Tell me exactly at what point the student becomes the teacher???

Quit on Sajaximus Maximus! You are nailing this. I remain solidly in your corner.

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »
I thought this post was great advice.

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
Quote from: CavMan83
Welcome back. You were missed, but now you're back...kind of like the prodigal son!! Quit on, Sajax....quit on!!
OK, now I understand a bit more. Please know that you’re ‘I’m out’ post worried a lot of us.
Glad youÂ’re back, take what you need and leave the rest.
Stay quit, amigo!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2014, 10:50:00 AM »
Welcome back. You were missed, but now you're back...kind of like the prodigal son!! Quit on, Sajax....quit on!!

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
Drama 102

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2014, 10:06:00 AM »
Drama 101

Offline mitchy42

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-03
  • Interests: Ohio State FootballAtlanta Braves BaseballAtlanta Falcons Football
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2014, 12:52:00 PM »
Quote from: ChristopherJ
Sajax,

You bring a lot to December, so at least come back to KTC December (and stay out of the other groups.)

We got this!

CJ
Sajax..just found out. Come on man...you are a benefit to December. Please join us friend!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2014, 08:10:00 AM »
Never mind.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline deerman

• Quitter
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2014, 05:31:00 PM »
Quote from: twballgame9
Quote from: redtrain14
Quote from: Nolaq
Quote from: redtrain14
I'm out. No cave. Just out.
Where you going?

BTW.....I've seen this many times.....I know where it leads.
Where are you going? For real?

You are not alone. You are not unique. You are not special. Neither am I. You and I are one in the same, actually. We're addicts, and we need each other.

Stick around. What's the issue at hand right now? I gaurntee there is a solution.
Ahhhh....the old 30 day funk-a-dunk.

I bet everyone on this website is pissing you off right now. They get you, you don't get them. "I'll just leave....screw those guys."

Man...if somebody could invite a keyboard that could relay tone, inflection and sarcasm. Damn....I'd be a billionare. I'm I getting close?

Let's talk.
I was definitely that guy. Thanks Rick.

Pat Sajax, get your ass back here right now.
time to summon THE LIPI.