Author Topic: D-Day H-Hour  (Read 12770 times)

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: D-Day H-Hour
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2014, 12:10:00 AM »
Quote from: Deerslayer9688
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: schaef418
Quote from: Sajax
I am learning a lot on here and through this quit. Hanging back and watching conversations develop has been most insightful. I've learned how subtle my own demons can be. I've learned that it is better to open you mouth when something doesn't seem right than try to work it out alone and through the fog. I have learned that 17 days can feel like a year. I've learned some folks don't use the blue smileys. I've learned it is proper to post roll on a board before you speak on it.

I look through my quit groups support list every day. Seeing the ones with my name next to it gives me a little kick of adrenaline and reminds me that everyday someone who I have never met in person has enough "give a shit" to post about me. That means more than any piss-poor sentence I put together could say. Thank you. Days are ticking by. 100% every day. I quit with you all again and again and again.
Rock on bro, you're killing it!
Very nice. Keep it up and the rewards will start rolling in. I guarantee it.
Keep up the great work!! 'oh yeah'
Love the way your quit and mindset are evolving, Pajax -- no need to get worked up on what happens next week, year, etc. Keep focusing on today, keep reading  learning from others' experiences, and keep building your lines of defense. You got this. Quit on.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »
Ajax,
You've come a long way in a short time, but you are just getting started. You are learning how to live and be without the whore. Keep doing what you are doing and you will succeed.
PM me if you need some more digits.
QLF EDD with you!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Deerslayer9688

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Interests: hunting and fishing
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
I am learning a lot on here and through this quit. Hanging back and watching conversations develop has been most insightful. I've learned how subtle my own demons can be. I've learned that it is better to open you mouth when something doesn't seem right than try to work it out alone and through the fog. I have learned that 17 days can feel like a year. I've learned some folks don't use the blue smileys. I've learned it is proper to post roll on a board before you speak on it.

I look through my quit groups support list every day. Seeing the ones with my name next to it gives me a little kick of adrenaline and reminds me that everyday someone who I have never met in person has enough "give a shit" to post about me. That means more than any piss-poor sentence I put together could say. Thank you. Days are ticking by. 100% every day. I quit with you all again and again and again.
Keep up the great work!! 'oh yeah'

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2014, 01:06:00 AM »

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 08:47:00 PM »

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-23
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »

Vortex navigation aid:  This post was made by Sajax

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=6476.msg426318#msg426318

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline Swetty

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-05
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »
John/sajax,

One Day At A Time....Anything and everything to get past craves. They will lessen in volume and intensity but it will suck before it get better. You will get through. Get numbers, get posting and get into chat. Always vent to us, because we feel it too. Quit with ya brother
"Change is never a matter of ones ability; its a matter of ones motivation and drive"

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »
I feel like I am coming off of something a lot harder than nicotine.
Nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs and one of hardest to recover from. Let your signature along with the help from this group continue to aid you.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2014, 03:51:00 AM »
this one gives high fives!

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »
John,

A little late welcoming you here....I can hardly believe they're already working on a JANUARY class....wow.

I know your struggles all too well. With the exception of a 14 month stoppage back in the early-mid 90's, Copenhagen ruled my life for nearly four decades. Even AFTER the physical withdrawals are over, your brain is having to rewire itself to shut down all the nicotine receptors it built up over all those years of dipping. They are the little monsters inside your brain housing group that make you feel like you're losing it. If you don't remember anything else, remember this....NO ONE ever DIED from nicotine withdrawal. It may feel like it at times but that's just another lie nicotine uses to try and pull you back in.

Keep at it....as many have said here; it'll suck until it doesn't. My experience is that some days (some hours) suck more than others but over time the ratio of sucky to okay improves. Glad you're here and doing the hard work and heavy lifting that is being quit. One day at a time. Or, as I "stole" from a Terminix commercial...."Not Here, Not Now, Not in My Lip". NHNNNIML!

R,
JDW

Honor....Integrity....Accountability

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2014, 09:47:00 AM »
Your body is healing from years of drug abuse. Day 10 is bad ass!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 10:49:00 PM »
Friends!

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 03:17:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: MUPig
Fellow Quitters

John (aka Sajax) is having a very hard time plowing through the first couple of weeks. Any support you can give will be appreciated. I have pulled him from the ledge a couple of times this week. The nic bitch has some super grip on him right now and he could use all the help and support he can get.

MUPig
John, you have a 1st class quitter in MUPig helping you. Bear down, and I promise it will get better. Caving now is not an option - the worst is over.
Sent you a PM with my digits. You CAN and WILL do this. The unrelenting continuity of suck will be ending very soon, and the business of quitting becomes much more manageable. Leverage the deep roster of badasses available to you for support and keep that quit. One day at a time.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »
Quote from: MUPig
Fellow Quitters

John (aka Sajax) is having a very hard time plowing through the first couple of weeks. Any support you can give will be appreciated. I have pulled him from the ledge a couple of times this week. The nic bitch has some super grip on him right now and he could use all the help and support he can get.

MUPig
John, you have a 1st class quitter in MUPig helping you. Bear down, and I promise it will get better. Caving now is not an option - the worst is over.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Mupig

• Master of Quit
    • MUPig HoF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 14, 2014
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 02:16:00 PM »
Fellow Quitters

MUPig
Proud member of July 2014 DD’s