Author Topic: D-Day H-Hour  (Read 11539 times)

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: D-Day H-Hour
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 07:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Sajax
Howdy Forum,

Few things I wanted to post about while I'm thinking about it. The summary in my intro post is the little ways I lied to myself about dip. How I treated it, not the truth of it. I understand the lies and see how I was lying to myself and hiding behind addiction. You guys are right on the money about that.

Also day one was a roller coaster....this morning went well, met some very kind folks who helped me out through my initial craves. Tonight all hell broke loose in my head and body. I reached out to the forum and MUPig kept me grounded. I appreciate that. I didn't cave! Day 2, inbound...

-John
John-
Embrace the withdrawal- it's your body breaking free from the long abuse of nicotine. Write about what you are going through here in your intro. Write about the fog, the shakes, the headaches, the stomach issues- it's all coming. Power through it- you didn't get this way by putting one pinch of poison in your lip. You didn't get into this situation because you only death dipped once or twice- you made the decision to put that shit in your mouth every day.

Now it's time to QUIT every damn day. Wake up and post roll. Make that decision every damn day that you aren't going to poison yourself. Your addiction wasn't built overnight and your quit won't be either. Work on your quit everyday.

No matter what you go through in the next few days- it's nothing compared to having your tongue or jaw cut out.

Quit with you.

PM me if you need some digits and quit like fuck every day.

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-23
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 03:11:00 AM »
all gone =(
Vortex navigation aid:  This post was made by Sajax

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=6476.msg426318#msg426318

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline Mupig

• Master of Quit
    • MUPig HoF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 14, 2014
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 02:21:00 AM »
John

It is 1:20. I have sent you my digits. Text me if you want - but it is getting late. Hang tough brother. You have made the commitment to quit. Now you have to show some toughness to get through the first couple of days the Nic bitch digging her claws into you.
Proud member of July 2014 DD’s

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 02:58:00 PM »
Hey John,

Welcome to the insanity that is 20,000+ quitter locked in the same room. Explore you will find a lot of inspiration amongst the new and strolling the archives and tomes of quit.

One thing you said stood out " this past decade has had dip as my navigator and co-pilot. " I could not agree more. Nic controlled my life, even more so becuase I was a ninja dipper. I figured out how to hide the habit up until I quit.

It was the damn cruise director meets flight of the navigator.

I am glad your here you have some great quitters in your group reach out to them, and pm me or anyone that you want to ask questions or strengthen your quit.
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline Bignate76

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-18
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 01:34:00 PM »
Welcome to the party! Last of the Dec group.. Get to know your peeps. You will want/need their support.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 01:26:00 PM »
You mention a lot of things that dip helped with but the truth is that the only thing dip did was hold your withdrawal at bay. Once you quit withdrawals and work on living life without your addiction you will begin to see the truth about your afair with nicotine
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »
Welcome Sajax. You described dip as a kind of co-pilot, always there. Many of us come here with "fond" memories of dipping while doing this or that. Never forget that dip was indeed an always present co-pilot, a terrorist one. One trained to kill you. It's crazy how our addict minds will find room for known terrorists. Quit like F and kick that sucka out of the cockpit. I quit with you today!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »
Welcome aboard! Follow the plan/path. It works.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 11:51:00 AM »
Water, lots of it. Helps flush the system. The first few days I had to stay small, hour by hour. If you hit bad craves, drop and do 20 pushups. Get you some gum, seeds, candy, jerky, toothpicks. Find what works for you. Exercise helps calm the angst.

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
whoopsy

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 11:25:00 AM »
Day 1: Posted roll  an intro. I'd say you're off to a solid start here at KTC.

Now that you've got some forward momentum, use it to help push you through the first few hours, days, and weeks. Post roll FIRST THING every day. Read as much as you can. Start swapping digits with your December quit brothers and vets alike (I'd be more than happy to give you mine). Embrace the suck, because you only want to do this once.

KTC will be here to help you with the rest.

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »
Quote from: schaef418
Greetings Community!

My name is John and I have been a struggling nicotine addict for ten years or so. From lifeguarding to military, I have always had an occupation that involved a lot of sitting around. Dip was my answer. It relieved stress, let me think. It gave me space to consider what I was being told and come up with the right answer. I used it as a digestive aid and a concentration enhancement device. It was with me through all the books I've read and movies I've watched. Every road-trip I've taken this past decade has had dip as my navigator and co-pilot. Dip kept me awake in class and helped me relax before bed. All these things and more.

Today I quit. I'm breaking this relationship. It is poison and lies. A one-way street that is killing me. I wouldn't suffer a fool as long as I've suffered dip. I am committing, in a public way, my decision to stop.

I look forward to the help. I'm going to need it. I feel the fog and the anxiety already. I want to get up and run. With shaking legs and sweaty arms I begin.

-John
Read the information on this site. Read the intros. Read the rants and crazy shit in the rolls.

Post roll every damn day. Get to know your quit brothers and veterans. Get phone numbers and give yours. Use this site as intended...accountability and brotherhood.

Welcome aboard.
First of all, thanks for not bumping me in Dec today. Further though, all of the things you thought you were using dip for was bullshit. All of those things can be accomplished without dip. You only relieved your stress when you put another dip in... You thought without it in your mouth(about the next time you would be slamming another one in)... Digestive aid my ass..... I take shits everyday without this shit!!!.... and concentration enhancement.... hmmm. Anyway I am glad you are here and that you see the lie now and that you realize that every single dip in your mouth was nothing but you feeding an addiction to nicotine. Quit on man! You deserve it!!! I'll look for you tomorrow!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »
sajax,
Congratulations on your decision and you have found the right place.
Post roll, read everything on this site and build your network!
PM me for digits or support,
ODAAT

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
gone

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 11:07:00 AM »
Greetings Community!

My name is John and I have been a struggling nicotine addict for ten years or so. From lifeguarding to military, I have always had an occupation that involved a lot of sitting around. Dip was my answer. It relieved stress, let me think. It gave me space to consider what I was being told and come up with the right answer. I used it as a digestive aid and a concentration enhancement device. It was with me through all the books I've read and movies I've watched. Every road-trip I've taken this past decade has had dip as my navigator and co-pilot. Dip kept me awake in class and helped me relax before bed. All these things and more.

Today I quit. I'm breaking this relationship. It is poison and lies. A one-way street that is killing me. I wouldn't suffer a fool as long as I've suffered dip. I am committing, in a public way, my decision to stop.

I look forward to the help. I'm going to need it. I feel the fog and the anxiety already. I want to get up and run. With shaking legs and sweaty arms I begin.

-John
Read the information on this site. Read the intros. Read the rants and crazy shit in the rolls.

Post roll every damn day. Get to know your quit brothers and veterans. Get phone numbers and give yours. Use this site as intended...accountability and brotherhood.

Welcome aboard.