Author Topic: A Little Late  (Read 10069 times)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A Little Late
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
Well done! Feel free to sit on the porch and admire your works, but keep your tools sharp. Keep doing what got you here.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2013, 03:59:00 PM »
Congrats MattF! This is a great milestone. Let's keep the quit rolling. See you tomorrow at roll brother!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2013, 07:31:00 AM »
Quote from: Dave1903
Quote from: mattyf118
December 14th

Mattyf118

Good morning Cadets! The tracks have taken us to Birmingham, AL to pick upMattyf118. It’s been 100 days since Matty ended his relationship with Grizzly Long Cut Wintergreen and we are damn proud to have this quitter ride the rails with us. He’s got a bottle of Apple Pie Moonshine to share on the holiday ride and made sure to let us know he enjoys all types of inappropriate behavior. Matty’s going to hop into his 2 door black German sports car and take Mrs. Mattyf118 out on a date in celebration of hitting his HOF. When Matty’s not out fishing, he does make time for some government desk work (“Ah, ah, I almost forgot... I'm also going to need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too.”)
Our newest HOF’er told us that OIB always has the best avatars and he’s headed on the march to 200. Early in his quit, Matty was ready to breakdown but a check in text from Trauma motivated this super soldier of quit to march through the fog. Matty’s taken the brotherhood and accountability of KTC to the next level, meeting up with Dauthman several times, stating “it’s nice to know you’ve got a brother within driving distance to kick your ass!’” Congratulations Matty, you are truly earning your stripes as a first class quitter, welcome to the train!

just wanted to put this here for safe keeping.  Working on my HOF speech now, but wanted to give a sitewide thank you to everyone at KTC for giving me the strength to take my life back.
Hey man Congrats on your HOF
Congrats Matty, you made it. I remember talking with you in chat when you first started out. Remember, HOF is a great accomplishment but it is just the begining.

Offline Dave1903

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-10-25
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2013, 07:16:00 AM »
December 14th

Mattyf118

Good morning Cadets! The tracks have taken us to Birmingham, AL to pick upMattyf118. It’s been 100 days since Matty ended his relationship with Grizzly Long Cut Wintergreen and we are damn proud to have this quitter ride the rails with us. He’s got a bottle of Apple Pie Moonshine to share on the holiday ride and made sure to let us know he enjoys all types of inappropriate behavior. Matty’s going to hop into his 2 door black German sports car and take Mrs. Mattyf118 out on a date in celebration of hitting his HOF. When Matty’s not out fishing, he does make time for some government desk work (“Ah, ah, I almost forgot... I'm also going to need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too.”)
Our newest HOF’er told us that OIB always has the best avatars and he’s headed on the march to 200. Early in his quit, Matty was ready to breakdown but a check in text from Trauma motivated this super soldier of quit to march through the fog. Matty’s taken the brotherhood and accountability of KTC to the next level, meeting up with Dauthman several times, stating “it’s nice to know you’ve got a brother within driving distance to kick your ass!’” Congratulations Matty, you are truly earning your stripes as a first class quitter, welcome to the train!

just wanted to put this here for safe keeping. Working on my HOF speech now, but wanted to give a sitewide thank you to everyone at KTC for giving me the strength to take my life back.
Hey man Congrats on your HOF
The nic is a bitch, but it's gone one day at a time.

Offline mattyf118

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-06
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2013, 06:22:00 AM »
December 14th

Mattyf118

just wanted to put this here for safe keeping. Working on my HOF speech now, but wanted to give a sitewide thank you to everyone at KTC for giving me the strength to take my life back.
Quit Date: 09/06/13
HOF Date: 12/14/13

Caving is not an option

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 10:31:00 PM »
28 days now, four full weeks. I haven't been this long without nicotine since before I started using. I am still pounding sunflower seeds constantly and Smokey Mountain when the craves are at their worst (which, I am happy to report are becoming less and less frequent).

Got really, really angry at my boss today. Wanted to rip his head off and shit down his neck. But surprisingly, never wanted a dip to calm me down.

Turns out I'm still a sarcastic, snarky, pretentious asshole. But at least I'm a sarcastic, snarky, pretentious asshole without nicotine.

Progress is progress.

Mattyf
Congrats Matty! 4 weeks is some awesome work! Progress indeed.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 06:51:00 PM »
Quote from: JayDubya
28 days now, four full weeks.  I haven't been this long without nicotine since before I started using.  I am still pounding sunflower seeds constantly and Smokey Mountain when the craves are at their worst (which, I am happy to report are becoming less and less frequent). 

Got really, really angry at my boss today.  Wanted to rip his head off and shit down his neck.  But surprisingly, never wanted a dip to calm me down. 

Turns out I'm still a sarcastic, snarky, pretentious asshole. But at least I'm a sarcastic, snarky, pretentious asshole without nicotine. 

Progress is progress.

Mattyf
Keep up the good work! Glad to be quit with you and glad we are in the same quit group.
Holy smokes Mattyf seems like you just joined the other day and now look at you day 28 nicotine free and still an asshole who knew it could be done nicotine free...all kiddin aside very strong work bro...quit with you today.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »
28 days now, four full weeks. I haven't been this long without nicotine since before I started using. I am still pounding sunflower seeds constantly and Smokey Mountain when the craves are at their worst (which, I am happy to report are becoming less and less frequent).

Got really, really angry at my boss today. Wanted to rip his head off and shit down his neck. But surprisingly, never wanted a dip to calm me down.

Progress is progress.

Mattyf
Keep up the good work! Glad to be quit with you and glad we are in the same quit group.

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 05:49:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
28 days now, four full weeks.  I haven't been this long without nicotine since before I started using.  I am still pounding sunflower seeds constantly and Smokey Mountain when the craves are at their worst (which, I am happy to report are becoming less and less frequent). 

Got really, really angry at my boss today.  Wanted to rip his head off and shit down his neck.  But surprisingly, never wanted a dip to calm me down. 

Progress is progress.

Mattyf
You are doing it man. Keep reading on here. I went sunflower seed crazy for a while, then, one day, I didn't care. Haven't picked them up since. (Though, I keep them around just in case) My guess is that it is just needing to rewire your brain to realize that sticking stuff in your mouth won't give you nicotine. It can take a while, but should pass. Don't sweat it, you are marching through this.
As for being irritable and such, if that is who you are, it ain't gonna change, but I had a serious case of grouch about a month in.
Do your best to keep it away from your loved ones, and try not to get yourself fired. Other than that,
Keep on keeping on brother.
125 days quit here and I still enjoy sunflower seeds. Keep doing what works. I too found out I was an asshole on or off the nicotine- just something about me that makes me...me.

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 05:42:00 PM »

Progress is progress.

Mattyf
You are doing it man. Keep reading on here. I went sunflower seed crazy for a while, then, one day, I didn't care. Haven't picked them up since. (Though, I keep them around just in case) My guess is that it is just needing to rewire your brain to realize that sticking stuff in your mouth won't give you nicotine. It can take a while, but should pass. Don't sweat it, you are marching through this.
As for being irritable and such, if that is who you are, it ain't gonna change, but I had a serious case of grouch about a month in.
Do your best to keep it away from your loved ones, and try not to get yourself fired. Other than that,
Keep on keeping on brother.

Offline mattyf118

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-06
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »

Progress is progress.

Mattyf
Quit Date: 09/06/13
HOF Date: 12/14/13

Caving is not an option

Offline enslavedbyskoal19yrs

• Quitter
    • www.killthecan.org
  • Interests: Kill'n The Can every day all day!
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »
7 days good job bro!!! I know the crave bitch hits hard sometimes...fight the fight and give her the fuk'n middle finger!!!! PM me if you need anything...we'll quit together ODAAT! 'FU' 'Finger'
Quit Date: 08/25/13
HOF Date: 12/02/13

HOF SPEECH

Intro

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
"When the time to perform arrives, the time to prepare has passed!"

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
I just want to thank everyone for all the words of encouragement and stories in the last 24 hours.  I can't tell you how much it helps to be able to pop on and read about others struggles and difficulties, but I'm sure you already know that. 

The one thing that I have found interesting is how many of us were essentially living out the same story.  I honestly thought I was the only one who went to such great lengths to hide it form loved ones, and that I was super special for being able to hide it so well. 

Funny how that one little drug can control everything in your life to the point where you seem to value it over everything else. 

I look back now in my fog induced state, and I can't believe how stupid I was.  Glad to be quit with you all today, and thank you once again.
Great job matty. Yea,, I read through my intro not to long ago,,, It sounded like a old love letter. Stay quit brother,, you will like what's coming... Glad to be quit with you.
It truely is amazing how well we do know each other as addicts. Almost all of us went through a period where we were down about how damn stupid we were as well. Dude, it took me 38 years to decide to quit! How stupid and twisted is that?
But we all do get passed it. You can't change the past, but you damn sure can make things happen today. Focus on today, build your quit a little bigger each day...
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »
This too shall pass. Keep it up just know you are quit for today.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dipping. Always looking how to be a better father. Trees, gardening, writing.
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 08:53:00 AM »
Keep it up Matty. We can do this thing together.