Author Topic: A Time to Kill (the can)  (Read 3638 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: A Time to Kill (the can)
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 09:03:00 PM »
Nice intro dude.

This addiction knows no limits... racial, socioeconomic, gender... it can hit anyone. Your story sounds a lot like mine. I wasn't in the military, but did quit 10 years earlier so that gets us closer to par. ?. The first few weeks suck dude. Im not gonna whitewash it. They suck. But things get so much better. This suck feeling isn't your new normal. And nicotine doesn't help you perform better in your life, in your job.... So when your head tells you it does, remember that Worktowin promised you that it does not. Listen to the bad asses that you listed... They are the real deal. If you need anything let me know. I went to the train wreck of a Mizzou game this weekend so you might write me off... Understandable!

You can do this. If I can, you can.

Worktowin 1,730

Offline jeffw

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fly Fishing, golf, hanging with the family, university of washington football
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 08:58:00 PM »
don't let that other Jeff W beat you down with his Khaki pants nonsense even though OSU is in trouble already. You can always go neutral and route for UDUB with me.

Offline 4TheWin

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 636
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 05:32:00 PM »
Jeff W
Swilson
69 Franx

Thanks for your support and encouragement. I read a lot of stuff you guys posted and I feel inspired.

For the record, I am an OSU fan, but not a die-hard. I live 40 minutes from AA but in Ohio...so everyone around me is either die hard Bucks or die hard Blue...and I decided on OSU waaayyy back in the Woody vs Bo days....but I do not have any real connection to OSU or any real hatred for U of M....I just love the rivalry....it is a blast and all that being said...A) I am worried about this year for sure and B) OH - IO !!!

F*ck the nic bitch...one day at a time...and I will be back tomorrow for sure!

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 03:44:00 PM »
poof
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 03:43:00 PM »
4thewin, everything said above is so important. Read, read, read. Wake Up, Piss, Post your promise. Do this Every Damn Day and you are on your way to a better life, free from nicotine. Reach out to as many people here as you are comfortable with, then 5 more. Trying to do this with just the site and your promise is tougher than having 20 people waiting on your post and or text every day. Broccoli-Saurus talked a while back about being such an asshole to people who cave that he could never cave. Be like that, have so many people in touch with you daily that the thought of letting them all down is too much to bear. there was member missing from your roll yesterday, and nobody in the group had his/her phone number to reach out and say what the fuck? Answer those PMs in your inbox and get in touch with people daily. Samrs sends out a cheesy joke every day, Miker0351 always has a funny meme/giphy/whatever the hell they call it. Personalize it or just send your daily count, but get involved. My digits will be in your inbox soon as well
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Swilson

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 02:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Jeff
Quote from: 4thewin
Thanks Jeff and I think I like you even though you are a U of M guy!

Your H of F post was solid...and a lot of what you said really resonates!!
I assume you're a Buckeye....Plenty here....great thing is we all have a common enemy nicotine! This shit sucks as bad as JT Barrett playing QB. Steel the balls and let's do this!
You can do it 4thewin!

One day at a time and before you know it you can rack up an impressive day count just like THIS ONE

Proud to quit with you today !

OH ...IO

Offline Jeff W

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 01:38:00 PM »

I assume you're a Buckeye....Plenty here....great thing is we all have a common enemy nicotine! This shit sucks as bad as JT Barrett playing QB. Steel the balls and let's do this!

Offline 4TheWin

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 01:23:00 PM »

Offline Jeff W

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 01:13:00 PM »
First, I am bad with all the blog/forum/site nav stuff...so if I mess up, apologies and feel free to offer any pointers, tips, etc. I'll try not to screw things up here too bad.

Second, I love the idea of this site and have already been inspired by a number of things I have seen here. I really believe that this is going to make a difference for me this time around. Thank you to this entire Community! Just knowing that it exists is very powerful.

Now on to my story (which is, I hope, what this section is supposed to be about). I am a 51 year old CEO of a medium sized business in northern Ohio. I have been dipping since I was 16. It was all fun and games through high school, college, the army and even grad school. Then, I tried to quit and realized (for the first time I think)...holy sh*t this stuff is REALLY addictive. Since then I have tried any number of times to quit, but have always fell off the wagon. Maybe 5 years ago, I decided that it was hopeless and decided to work on other aspects of health. Since then my habit has ballooned out to basically 2 cans a day, which is absolutely ridiculous. Oh, and I am pretty much a closet dipper, trying to hide this disgusting habit from as many people as I can, which frequently makes me an anti-social liar!

Anyway, I have an awesome life and a great family. Sure there are stresses, but to let this f*cking little can rule my world is (to me) an affront to the kind of man I am called to be. So, it must end.

There is never a perfect time, as I have learned over the years...but just got past a big golf trip with my ol college buddies, I have an exec physical in about a month, and my lovely wife (who has known about my habit for years but mostly turned a blind eye) recently found ANOTHER "hidden" can and asked me in the most loving possible way, to please stop this. So, I started web surfing and found this site...lurked for a few days, did some reading up...and felt totally jazzed that I could f*cking do it - once and forever - this time...especially with some people who could relate for support (you!) and a place where I could unload (here!) at the ready.

So I used up the last of my Skoal last night...put the Smokey Mountain and sun seeds I bought on Friday in my pocket this morning...and headed to work. This is Day 1 and I am quit. One day at a time. Thank you!

Congrats on the best decision of your life. Stay close to the site. Read as much as you can! Talk shit, vent, rage, waste time! Your quit needs to absolutely be a top priority for you at this time! 1a. God (if you are religious) 1b. Quit 1c. Family 2. Everything else. As I'm sure you are well aware by now, the first 3 days are brutal! Drink tons of water and stuff anything you want in your mouth that doesnt contain nicotine!

Offline 4TheWin

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 12:48:00 PM »
First, I am bad with all the blog/forum/site nav stuff...so if I mess up, apologies and feel free to offer any pointers, tips, etc. I'll try not to screw things up here too bad.

Second, I love the idea of this site and have already been inspired by a number of things I have seen here. I really believe that this is going to make a difference for me this time around. Thank you to this entire Community! Just knowing that it exists is very powerful.

Now on to my story (which is, I hope, what this section is supposed to be about). I am a 51 year old CEO of a medium sized business in northern Ohio. I have been dipping since I was 16. It was all fun and games through high school, college, the army and even grad school. Then, I tried to quit and realized (for the first time I think)...holy sh*t this stuff is REALLY addictive. Since then I have tried any number of times to quit, but have always fell off the wagon. Maybe 5 years ago, I decided that it was hopeless and decided to work on other aspects of health. Since then my habit has ballooned out to basically 2 cans a day, which is absolutely ridiculous. Oh, and I am pretty much a closet dipper, trying to hide this disgusting habit from as many people as I can, which frequently makes me an anti-social liar!

Anyway, I have an awesome life and a great family. Sure there are stresses, but to let this f*cking little can rule my world is (to me) an affront to the kind of man I am called to be. So, it must end.

There is never a perfect time, as I have learned over the years...but just got past a big golf trip with my ol college buddies, I have an exec physical in about a month, and my lovely wife (who has known about my habit for years but mostly turned a blind eye) recently found ANOTHER "hidden" can and asked me in the most loving possible way, to please stop this. So, I started web surfing and found this site...lurked for a few days, did some reading up...and felt totally jazzed that I could f*cking do it - once and forever - this time...especially with some people who could relate for support (you!) and a place where I could unload (here!) at the ready.

So I used up the last of my Skoal last night...put the Smokey Mountain and sun seeds I bought on Friday in my pocket this morning...and headed to work. This is Day 1 and I am quit. One day at a time. Thank you!

Offline 4TheWin

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
A Time to Kill (the can)
« on: September 18, 2017, 12:26:00 PM »
I think writing about this will help and I thank this community as I really think it is going to help me win against the demon once and for all.