Author Topic: 10 hours free  (Read 510 times)

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: 10 hours free
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 08:32:00 AM »
Hey good news, you're not the first teacher to be a nicotine addict or more specifically one who dips. Matter of fact there is a badass teacher in my quit group who is coming up on day 600 in the next month. Point is ...none of us are alone here and no matter what you do, how long you dipped, or how much you dipped we've all been there. Moreover, many of us (myself included) used a health scare as a springboard to finally cut the cord. Post roll, get involved, and build relationships. Before you know it you'll have built a quit foundation out of new friends and quit brothers who are going through or have gone through the exact same thing you're going through.

Congrats on taking the first step and like those bad ass quitters before me said, post roll, post every day, post early. Lets do this.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 10:30:00 PM »
Quote from: schaef418
It's damn late to be posting your promise. We post roll as a promise each and every day. Make your promise early, right after you wake up.

Here is your quit group: topic/11203031/14/?x=90#new

Instructions for posting roll:
1. Quote the LATEST roll post.
2. Left click the bottom box.
3. Ctrl + A
4. Ctrl + X
5. Left click in the top box.
6. Ctrl +V
7. Add your name and number of days to the BOTTOM of the Bad-Ass Quitters section.

1. Be sure to visit the WELCOME CENTER for what you need to know.
2. Stop by Introductions and tell us something about yourself.
3. Knowing what to expect is found here and here .
4. Print this Contract to give up... ; put it in your wallet and commit to signing it before you can take another dip.
5. Read about Tom and Jenny Kern , It will be a tough read, but do it. Start from the beginning
6. Unsure how to Post Roll? Click here -- How to post roll want to see Roll? Click here-- Roll Post Video.
7. For inspiration stop by Words of Wisdom, HOF Speeches, and the Hall of Legends
8. Here are some Suggested Site Settings for KTC.

Do THIS. ^^^^^^^.
And YOU Will get through the DAY!
Spend time quiting.
It's more than a decision. You have to work for it, by learning more about it.
KTC has the answeres.
Read.
Learn the Truth About your addiction.
Truth will set you free.
I quit with you today.
Rawls 235
I believe.....

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 10:18:00 PM »
It's damn late to be posting your promise. We post roll as a promise each and every day. Make your promise early, right after you wake up.

Here is your quit group: topic/11203031/14/?x=90#new

Instructions for posting roll:
1. Quote the LATEST roll post.
2. Left click the bottom box.
3. Ctrl + A
4. Ctrl + X
5. Left click in the top box.
6. Ctrl +V
7. Add your name and number of days to the BOTTOM of the Bad-Ass Quitters section.

1. Be sure to visit the WELCOME CENTER for what you need to know.
2. Stop by Introductions and tell us something about yourself.
3. Knowing what to expect is found here and here .
4. Print this Contract to give up... ; put it in your wallet and commit to signing it before you can take another dip.
5. Read about Tom and Jenny Kern , It will be a tough read, but do it. Start from the beginning
6. Unsure how to Post Roll? Click here -- How to post roll want to see Roll? Click here-- Roll Post Video.
7. For inspiration stop by Words of Wisdom, HOF Speeches, and the Hall of Legends
8. Here are some Suggested Site Settings for KTC.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 01:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Tigerhawk, check out the Welcome Center link and see how we quit around here. We post roll daily as a promise not to use nicotine for 24 hours. It's One Day at a Time (ODAAT)! The plan works, I was a 17 year 1.5 can a day Skoal user, and now have been free over a year.

It isn't easy, but can be done!
Fear is a great tool in this fight but not all you need! Post roll and let's get you some badass quit going! I quit with you today!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 08:32:00 AM »
Tigerhawk, check out the Welcome Center link and see how we quit around here. We post roll daily as a promise not to use nicotine for 24 hours. It's One Day at a Time (ODAAT)! The plan works, I was a 17 year 1.5 can a day Skoal user, and now have been free over a year.

It isn't easy, but can be done!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Tigerhawk

• Quit Date: 2015-07-10
10 hours free
« on: July 10, 2015, 08:08:00 AM »
I am a high school teacher and coach and took my first dip of Skoal 23 years ago. I use 2 cans per week, fear going to the dentist, my wife hates it and I have been caught by my students more than once.
I want to quit. In the past three months, several things have happened. My dad quit smoking after 50 years and two of my friends developed cancer. I noticed some scary gum recession last night (much worse than normal). That was the last straw - my low (I hope). 10 hours without a dip so far.